Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Could Someone Tell Me Who Does This Song Exactly?
Hamara Forums > Music > Singers
c s
Hey, I know nothing about Indian music so this is probably a stupid question. My friend sent me this song and I've been trying to properly identify it. Is it called "Aaja Soniye" or "Aaja Soniya"? Also, it says the artist is "Sonu Nigam, Alka Yagnik" but I'm not sure if that is right either.
deewani
QUOTE(c s @ Nov 18 2007, 09:04 PM) *
Hey, I know nothing about Indian music so this is probably a stupid question. My friend sent me this song and I've been trying to properly identify it. Is it called "Aaja Soniye" or "Aaja Soniya"? Also, it says the artist is "Sonu Nigam, Alka Yagnik" but I'm not sure if that is right either.

There are no stupid questions.

I believe you are talking about a song from the soundtrack of Mujhse Shaadi Karogi, official site of the record label for that album:
http://www.tseries.com/som.Asp?Keyword=SHF...%5FKaroge%2EGIF

As you can see even they use two different titles for the song. I haven't seen the film but I suspect it is because of word play - one of the girl's names may be Soniya, Soniye (aka Sohniye) means beautiful in Punjabi. So Aaja Soniya would mean "Come On, Soniya" and Aaja Soniye would mean "Come on, Beautiful". This Hindi song is inspired by Punjabi Bhangra music. The album is also sold in the iTunes Music Store.

You can listen to online streams of that album and decide if it's indeed the song you were sent. Other strong possibilities are Shazia Manzoor's Ghar Aaja Sohneya

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.