Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Doris Lessing Wins Nobel Prize in Literature - New York Times
Hamara Forums > General > RSS-News
google-rss

Thanh Nien Daily

Doris Lessing Wins Nobel Prize in Literature
New York Times - 1 hour ago
By MOTOKO RICH Doris Lessing, the Persian-born, Rhodesian-raised and London-residing novelist whose deeply autobiographical writing has swept across continents and reflects her deep feminist engagement with the major social and political issues, ...
Doris Lessing wins Nobel prize Guardian Unlimited
Doris Lessing Receives Nobel Prize in Literature Spiegel Online
The Australian - Aljazeera.net - Reuters - Monsters and Critics.com
all 898 news articles
noorie

Her more recent fiction has been punctuated with the two volumes of her critically acclaimed autobiography; a third volume was long believed to be in the offing, but she announced in 2001 that she had finally abandoned it as she did not want to offend so "many great and eminent people by reminding them of their silliness. I just can't be bothered, to be honest".

biggrin.gif
I think I quite like her. I haven't read any of her books, but I'll certainly do that now.

Noorie
simplefable
Never heard of her..but am not particularly affectionate towards auto / biographies...the best i have read..is Lee iacocca's when i was in my teens.. smile.gif
noorie
QUOTE(simplefable @ Oct 11 2007, 10:50 PM) *

Never heard of her.. but am not particularly affectionate towards auto / biographies...the best i have read..is Lee iacocca's when i was in my teens.. smile.gif

I go out of the way 2 acquire them. biggrin.gif

Noorie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.