Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Music Legend Khayyam To Be Honoured
Hamara Forums > Legends > Legendary Music Directors > Khayyam
HumTum
Music legend Khayyam to be honoured

IPB Image

IPB ImageGeetanjali Prasad

Monday, August 6, 2007: (Mumbai) :
In a career spanning 60 years, Mohammed Hazur Khayyam has been honoured with countless awards.

The legendary composer will soon be recieving the coveted Lata Mangeshkar Award in September for his remarkable achievements in Indian film music.

"The Lata Mangeshkar Award means a lot to me. Earlier I have also been honoured by awards named after the same family members like Dinanath Mangeshkar Awards and Asha Bhonsle Award. I have worked very hard and with a lot of dedication in the sixty years that I have spent in the industry," said Khayyam.

In an age where classic films are being remade and song remixes are taking over, it is a challenge for musicians like Khayyam to ensure their heritage survives.

"Song remixes are a deadlier disease than cancer. They are just a piece of crap and nothing else. These young men who call themselves musicians distort old classic songs and popularise them by their own names. I bet they can never become true musicians," said Khayyam.

Having last composed for the film Jaan-e-Wafa in 1990, Khayyam is gearing up to make a comeback with the aptly titled Main Phir Aaunga.
deewani
QUOTE(HumTum @ Aug 6 2007, 03:36 AM) *

Having last composed for the film Jaan-e-Wafa in 1990, Khayyam is gearing up to make a comeback with the aptly titled Main Phir Aaunga.

My cassette says 1987 for Jaan-e-Wafa tongue1.gif And has the author forgotton about his contribution to last year's best soundtrack, IMHO, Yatra? Great to hear he will be doing another album, thanks a bunch for the news! It's about time!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.