Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 'Bollywood, a derogatory term' - Times of India
Hamara Forums > General > RSS-News
google-rss

'Bollywood, a derogatory term'
Times of India - 25 minutes ago
LONDON: The word 'Bollywood', coined initially by the Western media to refer to Hindi cinema, is derogatory and humiliating, according to reputed Indian actors Naseeruddin Shah and Om Puri.
Got a goal Times of India
Bollywood faces a southern challenge Times of India
all 13 news articles
harihar
I attended this function and both Om Puri and Naseeruddin Shah in front of the many dignitaries stated that the term is being used as if all the films are based around song and dance sequences and almost calling us idiots and quote "we have also our own media as well as certain actors that use this term and he was disappointed too when an individual in the audience also went to say that we should be proud that we are still being recognised by that term.

He also indicated that instead of Indian cinema progressing forward we were going back into old age. We have beautiful countrysides as well as such vast mine of subjects to choose from we go and ape the western culture and not promoting our values.

It was an excellent prog

PS I understand snippets of this prog will probably be aired on youtube so lookout.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.