Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: who will win vdocon cup (holland)
Hamara Forums > General > Sports > Cricket
kashikooler979
one thing is sure that pakistan could not win that tournament. aussie chances are 75% and remaining chances belong to india. m i right ???? bow.gif
unni
Why rule out Pakistan? After all they beat India recently in Sri Lanka. Yes, Australia 75% or more. IMHO India and Pakistan both have 25% chances.
extenok
India & Pakistan's chances aren't too different. Australia is the real giant.
Even with the South-East Asian team's successes in the past decade against this team, Australia's consistent supremacy in the field is a clear indication that there is no other worthy adversary. South Africa & Sri Lanka have proved to be worthy opponents but then lose out by faltering on consistency.

As far as this cup goes, hope the Pakistanis/Indians/Australian fans in Holland enjoy this matchup. For Pakistani fans, I don't believe its much of an enthusiastic affair. A very appropriate question here would be, 'Do we really care?'.

A disappointed Pakistani Cricket Team Fan
kashikooler979
first of all i cleared that im also from pakistan but im the fan of indian cricket team. that was a very disappointed perfromance from india against pakistan doh.gif . the dravid dismissal was crucial and no one take responsibility to played all 33 overs. i was and also this entire match missed the GURU of cricket (MY ALL TIME FAVOURITE IN WORLD IN SPORTS) "SACHIN TENDULKAR"(then michael shumacher). after this match india 99% out from tournament well played pakistan!
myawan
I may be wrong, its just my personal experience about Sachin that whenever he scores India loses and whenever he fails India wins. Isn't it?
kashikooler979
can u tell me that how much times in ODI's history the opener finishes the matches when score is above 200. Sachin is the opener and keep this in mind. He's the best, only Lara could compete him in both form of cricket . and in test cricket another sachin s competitor is hayden his record in test is aweful he's century rate is unbelieveable in recent decade but sachin career is more long then to hayden's career and sachin is consistant in its all ODI and TEST careers . and sachin allllllll time gr8.
Bawra Jay
My bet would be on Aussies, but than its only 3 matches , one per team so kind of fluke..... to qualify for finals.....

anurag
QUOTE (kashikooler979 @ Aug 22 2004, 10:26 PM)
can u tell me that how much times in ODI's history the opener finishes the matches when score is above 200. Sachin is the opener and keep this in mind. He's the best, only Lara could compete him in both form of cricket . and in test cricket another sachin s competitor is hayden his record in test is aweful he's century rate is unbelieveable in recent decade but sachin career is more long then to hayden's career and sachin is consistant in its all ODI and TEST careers . and sachin allllllll time gr8.

SRT is past his prime and is grossly overrated now, however I might like him as a cricketer and as a Cricket crazy Indian fan.

Amit verma of Wisden in his 23 Yard Blog writes:

Jay Acharya writes in, and revives that hoary old comparison between Don Bradman and Sachin Tendulkar. He says, "cricket in those [Bradman's] days was hardly competitive and the only series in which the Don was seriously challenged was the Bodyline [series]." He goes on to say that Bradman did not have to content with captains planning strategies specifically to counter him, and he benefited from rarely having to score against defensive field placings, as Tendulkar has so often. He concludes, "maybe the Don is better than Sachin but probably only marginally and I believe that had he played in the era in which Sachin is playing his average would have been hovering around the 60-mark rather than the late nineties."

I disagree, Jay. The reason Bradman is eulogised is not merely because his average is high, but because he outsrips his contemporaries by such a huge margin. I've just examined the average batting averages (love that phrase!) through the decades, and found that batsmen in the 30s and 40s, when Bradman played, averaged 31.1 and 34.2 respectively, while batsmen in the 90s and 2000s, Tendulkar's era, average 29.4 and 31.4 respectively. The contemporaries of Bradman and Tendulkar, thus, averaged more or less the same – Bradman, however, outstripped them comprehensively, and stands almost 40 points clear of his nearest contemporary. Tendulkar, on the other hand, stands at No. 8 on the latest PWC Ratings, and doesn't even have the highest average in the Indian team.

qhabibi
Hello

India nearly out of the tournament. if pakistan wins with good run rate against australia on 25th of august than there is indian chance to come in final in pakistan
BUT But But if pakistan wins that match on 25th august than pakistan will lose final 100% or pakistan lose taht match on 25th than there is great chance 4 pakistan to win final.

Qasim Habibi wave1.gif
kashikooler979
QUOTE (qhabibi @ Aug 24 2004, 01:38 AM)
Hello

India nearly out of the tournament. if pakistan wins with good run rate against australia on 25th of august than there is indian chance to come in final in pakistan
BUT But But if pakistan wins that match on 25th august than pakistan will lose final 100% or pakistan lose taht match on 25th than there is great chance 4 pakistan to win final.

Qasim Habibi wave1.gif

Now final are set B/W pk v aus lets see that how aussies beat pk
Bawra Jay
I disagree, Jay. The reason Bradman is eulogised is not merely because his average is high, but because he outsrips his contemporaries by such a huge margin. I've just examined the average batting averages (love that phrase!) through the decades, and found that batsmen in the 30s and 40s, when Bradman played, averaged 31.1 and 34.2 respectively, while batsmen in the 90s and 2000s, Tendulkar's era, average 29.4 and 31.4 respectively. The contemporaries of Bradman and Tendulkar, thus, averaged more or less the same – Bradman, however, outstripped them comprehensively, and stands almost 40 points clear of his nearest contemporary. Tendulkar, on the other hand, stands at No. 8 on the latest PWC Ratings, and doesn't even have the highest average in the Indian team.

Yaar , maan ley meri baat...... chalo the final is not far now.... Leekh ke rakh lau... Aussie would be the winner unless kuch match fixing hui ho wink2.gif
qhabibi
Well its great chance for Australia to win final match but please dont forget my forecasting which i have declared earlier well ok see who will win That Cup

Qasim Habibi
Poppy
unless kuch match fixing hui ho

camera.gif Kis duniya mein jee rahe ho mere bhai..... R u unsure abt PHIXING blab.gif
rom
BJ:
Yaar , maan ley meri baat...... chalo the final is not far now.... Leekh ke rakh lau... Aussie would be the winner unless kuch match fixing hui ho

Well, a team can only be fixed to lose a match, not to win it. Australia's very high success rate means that the probability of their having fixed matches (to lose) is well nigh negligible.
If Pakistan can indeed be fixed (if allegations are to be believed), they too can be fixed only to lose.
So the possibility of the match being fixed and Australia losing doesn't, in my view, exist.
If Pakistan win, they'll win on merit. If Australia win, there can be room for doubts!
Bawra Jay
QUOTE (rom @ Aug 24 2004, 07:41 AM)
BJ:
Yaar , maan ley meri baat...... chalo the final is not far now.... Leekh ke rakh lau... Aussie would be the winner unless kuch match fixing hui ho

Well, a team can only be fixed to lose a match, not to win it. Australia's very high success rate means that the probability of their having fixed matches (to lose) is well nigh negligible.
If Pakistan can indeed be fixed (if allegations are to be believed), they too can be fixed only to lose.
So the possibility of the match being fixed and Australia losing doesn't, in my view, exist.
If Pakistan win, they'll win on merit. If Australia win, there can be room for doubts!

Kaunse Merit ki baat karte ho bhai , Pakistan team aur Indian teams are totally unpredictable , dono ke pass badhiya se badhiya players hai but kehta hai na ki Race ka Ghoda agar Daud ke din hi kaam na aye tau kis kaam ka.... I still remember watching the aussie and england's game during last worldcup , aussie ...they where 7 wickets down and supporters of england had already started celebrating the victory and than the the 7th wicket and 8th wicket partnership lead them to victory... yaar kabhi suna hai India ya Pakistan during big events like worldcup or etc and when 7 wkts down they still fighting the game with cool minded..... Yaar elegance and class bhi koi cheez hoti hai , why we all keep forgetting that any sports any game is an effort of team work and dedication. Aur yahan tau sachin nahi kehla na is liye harr gaye... Zaheer ke tang mei kuch problem thi na isliye last bowl pe chaukka gaya... come on yaar.. this are all lame excuses.... Look at the way we beat pakistan in worldcup and later on the way Aussie beat us in worlcup... Ricky pointing was literally laughing looking at Indian players and I was boiling inside with agony.... uffoooooooo its not easy to be fan of unpredictable indian team cry.gif pal mein kushi tau pal mein ghum cry.gif
rom
I agree with you here, but BJ bhai, my point was only about match-fixing, nothing else.

BJ: Aussie would be the winner unless kuch match fixing hui ho

Now my point was that a team can only be fixed to lose, not to win. Australia's very high success rate suggests that they don't fix matches. So if Australia lose this match, this would be due to the merit of the Pakistan team, or their own bad performance. The Pakistanis may be unpredictable, but they have the most talented cricketers in the world, in my view. They do have merit.
kashikooler979
now the final was set on last (wash/rain) match day. abuse.gif Aus VS Pak. the prediction is that the final will also be wash out cry.gif if the final will played the realistic view is that this match could win by PK. because they know about that Pitch well then the Aussies. but aussies could not beat easily there are 11 fighters in their squad, they got motivation, petriotism, they love to win. and pakistan could miss Shoaib Akhtar laugh.gif but that will not a big matter for pk against aussies. lets see that how both teams play if the conditions gives the chances to play.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.