Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Classic Revival vs Original Songs!!
Hamara Forums > Legends > Mohd Rafi
anmol
I was just curious if most people in this forums like revival songs or original songs and why?

Technically music is better and sound is better in revival songs. Also they are not remixes?

Any comments? Has this series from HMV been popular ?

regards

Anmol
Sharad
i don't like the extra music in beginning and every track is LINKED with music
some revivals sound so crappy, ruin the song - i made a mistake for 2 cassettess, thank god only cassettes

some songs do seem cleaned up - like agar main poochun jawaab doge from my collection

i'll go with clean copy of original song
i got a new stereo system, the sound is absolutey terrific
i was playing oldies from CDs, man the sound was outta this galaxy

Sharad
anurag
I agree with Sharad that the extra music in the beginning begins to gets on one's nerves after a while, especially once it gets repititive.
But it's good to have choices which is something that we never had in the past.

HFM is like an always full gold mine that can be discovered again and again - the latest iteration being in the form of poor and cheap remixes which I detest, in general.

Revival Series comparatively were much better and on certain occassions it was good to have them as a choice.
Akhtar
revivial songs make me feel sick. runiung original beauties.
dhiren
I also prefer to hear ORIGINAL SONGS, Beauty lies in simplicity. As simple and original songs as beautiful.
rafik

Original is simply the best for me

Rafik
unni
The music publishing company was on the right track when they issued the "SHEER MAGIC" series --- original songs DIGITALLY REMASTERED.

(I collected 13 of them, Lata (3), Geeta Dutt (1), Rafi (2), Mukesh (2), Kishore (2), Talat (1), Hemant (1), and Manna Dey's "Madhushala". No idea if they issued any more --- anyone knows?).

But the REVIVAL SERIES, although digitally remastered, has "corrupted' the originals with prelude music and added percussion.

Yo, recording-company guys: We loved them just the way they were. Couldn't you have just "cleaned" the old recordings and presented them in digitized format? That's all the improvement possible and necessary. What you have done amounts to 'remix' --- not a true connoisseur's cuppa' tea!

But the biggest sacrilege was "50 GLORIOUS REMIX YEARS" --- they just took the 'glory' out of it!
liquid
for me the originals plz. they are the best
billu

Revival is just unnatural -- though I have just received a mp3 CD of revival songs. I do not feel like listening to it.

Billu Bharaj
extenok

Revival Songs sound like the bastardized versions of the original. If a remix is termed as raping of an old song, revival amounts to that much at least.

I would settle for the dirty old recordings OR digitally remastered cleaned copies.
No recreation or addition of any music!

Talaikya
At the risk of being booed out of the forum ... I rather like revivals. Nothing, but NOTHING beats digitally remastered/ clean originals, but if I have a choice of scratchy, hissy, shrill originals or revivals, I'll go with revivals. Despite the extra music and percussion (which I don't even notice, believe me I am tone deaf!!), atleast I can enjoy the original voices, with the other I get a headache!

I absolutely detest remixes and others singing for the legends... my husband the poor misguided soul has some Sonu Cds where he's sung Rafi ji's songs and I have a couple of Cds (the Cds were cheap!) with newer artists paying "tribute" to the legends, I can't stand 'em! The only such series I like is Lata ji's Shraddhanjali, it's one of my favorites.

I must look into the Sheer Magic series mentioned by Unniji, this is the first I have heard of it (not that I know much anyways smile1.gif ), if anyone has any information I'd appreciate it.

The best thing I like is hearing an "unheard" verse in a familiar song. It feels like finding a pot of gold at the end of the musical rainbow.

... and that was my humble 2 cents.

T

PS

Chitralekha
I like original. Some of the places where you are only suppose to hear the voice, there comes up music. Whats up with that? Nothing can be compared to original. Old is gold! My 2 chavanniz.
Nimii
QUOTE (Chitralekha @ Aug 17 2004, 09:33 AM)
I like original. Some of the places where you are only suppose to hear the voice, there comes up music. Whats up with that? Nothing can be compared to original. Old is gold! My 2 chavanniz.

Same here I CANT STAND CLASSICAL REVIVAL AND The faltoo music they add at the beginning and end.

I landed once buying a cass (Pradeep remember that cass I had showed you !!) - it was a Rafi-LM album.. I hated myself for buying it cry.gif(((((((((((((((((

N sad1.gif
Chitralekha
QUOTE (Nimii @ Aug 16 2004, 09:23 PM)
QUOTE (Chitralekha @ Aug 17 2004, 09:33 AM)

Same here I CANT STAND CLASSICAL REVIVAL AND The faltoo music they add at the beginning and end.

I landed once buying a cass (Pradeep remember that cass I had showed you !!) - it was a Rafi-LM album.. I hated myself for buying it cry.gif(((((((((((((((((

N sad1.gif

Yea I have a couple of them too. Waste of $
Sharad
addition of that music in those songs really SUCKS
it SUCKS
IT FRICKIN SUCKS!
believe me, i'm hearing it all too well

totally ruined yeh jo chilman - there is supposed to be NO MUSIC after certain lines in the 3 stanzas, but those revival fools added music
blah
blah
blah

lately, i been enjoying a lot of cleaned up originals by saregama
or they have year 2000 under them, the CDs look very new, sharp pictures

Sharad
unni
Folks:

Maybe you guys already know this, but I just discovered that some of the REVIVAL tracks have an extra stanza. I've just been listening to some songs of Lata-ji from a REVIVAL album "DO DIL TOOTE" and noticed it. Check out the first two out of the three I am uploading today in the Lata Mangeshkar forum.
Tere Naam
QUOTE (rafi_rules @ Aug 16 2004, 02:14 PM)
revivial songs make me feel sick. ruining original beauties.

I agree with that. I prefer Original Songs, they are the best of the best.
popsy
Revival songs are a ...bad idea!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.