Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Korea Open: Sania Beats Hingis
Hamara Forums > General > Sports
kabir
smile.gif smile.gif Just four days after her thrashing at the hands of Swiss player Martina Hingis, India's teenage tennis sensation Sania Mirza has taken her revenge.

The Hyderabadi girl beat top-seed Hingis 4-6, 6-0, 6-4 in the second round of the Korea Open on Thursday.

Earlier, Sania overcame a poor first set to crush South Korea's Lee Ye-ra 3-6, 6-0, 6-0 in the first round. Hingis overcame Danish teenager Caroline Wozniacki on Wednesday.

http://www.rediff.com/sports/2006/sep/28sania.htm
AzgarKhan
Wow thats great news, did she really beat Hingis? Cant believe it!!
Way to go Sania!!
cinemaniac2
go go go Sania

that's the way

sweet revenge

thumbs-up.gif bow.gif clap1.gif
AzgarKhan
Okay I saw this in the news, and I seriously couldnt believe it.
I thought she was busy making money in ads. She gave a mouth shutting reply to her critics who were constantly picking up on her.

Beating Martina Hingis, is a real achievement, specially for a tennis player from India.

GOOD Going Sania, we are proud of you! and yeah Hyderabadis ROCK!
YaarMere
Did she really win a set by 6 games to love??
Reeth
No doubt it is a nice feeling and one feels proud of Sania , but going by her inconsistent game record one hopes that this is not just a flash in the pan....
Pradeep
WOW!!

Great news.

ball1.gif ball2.gif
princeali
QUOTE(YaarMere @ Sep 28 2006, 04:12 PM) *

That's what I'm wondering as well.....this is Hingis we're talking about, not some junior player.

Hats off to Sania, great achievement, just wish she could play well in Grand Slams....she always gets knocked out early.
kabir
QUOTE(YaarMere @ Sep 29 2006, 01:42 AM) *

what you mean mere yaar---'fixing' wink.gif tongue1.gif
AzgarKhan
This is SHE, when I said NO to her.
Click to view attachment
kabir
she told me during our engagement wub.gif
YaarMere
QUOTE(AzgarKhan @ Sep 29 2006, 11:59 AM) *

This is SHE, when I said NO to her.

AK? We're mates arent we? I insist you let me pay 4 ur laser eye surgery!
AzgarKhan
LOL YM, she is a Hyderabadi yaar.
balajigade
QUOTE(AzgarKhan @ Sep 29 2006, 09:46 PM) *

LOL YM, she is a Hyderabadi yaar.

Quite refreshing after the debacle at Malasia

--Balaji
parag_sankla
QUOTE(Reeth @ Sep 28 2006, 09:55 PM) *

No doubt it is a nice feeling and one feels proud of Sania , but going by her inconsistent game record one hopes that this is not just a flash in the pan....

Reeth ji, you hit the nail on the head ! Its really nice to know about her victory, but let us all pray that she becomes more consistent with her game !

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.