Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Saira Banu is against remakes of old Bollywood classics - Hindu
Hamara Forums > General > RSS-News
google-rss

Zee News
Saira Banu is against remakes of old Bollywood classics
Hindu - 40 minutes ago
Mumbai, Sept 18. (UNI): Actress-producer and yesteryear heart throb of many, Saira Banu says she is vehemently against remaking of old Bollywood classics.
Saira plans comeback vehicle for Dilip Daily News & Analysis
Saira Banu to get Dilip Kumar back to acting Newindpress (subscription)
Apun Ka Choice
all 6 news articles
nasir
Wow! Wow!
Great news indeed that Sairaji trying to bring back her hubby to the screen.
Veteran actor and filmmaker Dev Anand greeted the news of his contemporary’s possible return to the big screen with enthusiasm. “An actor with such great talent has the potential to deliver at any age, whether 18 or 80,” he said.
I am sure all the fans of Dilip Saab would be greatly delighted.

NASIR.
nasir
I believe Sairaji is right that the old Indian classic movies should not be remade. She points out the case of PUKAR which starred her mother Naseem Banu and how Sohrab Modi was persuaded not to remake it. I think this was a 1939 movie and is still remembered for its story and powerful performances.

Say, if MOTHER INDIA were to be made, how would that look and sound? or even a MUGHAL-E-AZAM. We know the fate of the new TAJ MAHAL despite the fact that it was one of the costliest movies to be made. The old Taj Mahal (1963) was a super hit! These movies could be clothed with grandeur, but how are going to put the soul in it?

Could another DO BIGHA ZAMEEN be remade? or a MADHUMATI?

NASIR
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.