Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Official Thread: Pakistan In England, 2006
Hamara Forums > General > Sports > Cricket
Akhtar
Pakistan arrive on the 26th June for a tour consisting of 4 Tests and 5 ODIs, plus a series of warm up games.

What are your predictions for this series ?
tracknest
Pakistan are the favorites for the series. Mohd Asif is my star with the ball and Inzamam and Yousuf with the bat. It will be hard for England to contain the Pak batting.

Well thats my prediction!!!!
tracknest
Another hugh defeat for the Pak team. They miss Asif and Shoaib. Excellent performance by the English team.
qhabibi
Now ODI's are In danger after Darell Hair's Ball Tempering Case.......Now Pakistan Will Come Back and Leave The ODi Series
tracknest
Before I print my views on the contreversial specimen, Dayl Hair, I wish to know what others feel of the entire incident.

I wish to state one thing which some cricketers and commentators from England and Australia are forgetting or are choosing to forget and that is 'no one is doubting the decision of the referee to award the match to England, they have made a decision within the rules. The main question is "how in the world can Hair prove that the ball was tampered by the Pakistanis".

26 cameras on the field and no eveidence. Whats going on in the world of cricket?
Mandrake
26 cameras, true.
But you forget about the tunnel-vision of Mr. Hair.
Why does he remember every rule in the book only when subcontinental teams are playing?
And now it is known that he asked for USD 5,00,000/- to quit QUIETLY.
If a subcontinental umpire did that, they would scream 'match-fixing', 'cheats' and god-knows-what.
But see how they may gently and 'honourably' ease him out.

Goodbye Hair. Your career is finished now.
Anil4
Track and Suhas

I think he had a bad "hair" day.

And he made it worse by asking for $US500,000 just to go away !!!!!!!

Anil
zashakeel

Sydney: Mired in controversy, beleaguered umpire Darrell Hair is believed to have taken shelter unsure.gif in a country hideaway in northern England to avoid media gaze.

The Aussie umpire was in the eye of a storm when he held Pakistan guilty of ball tampering while officiating the Oval Test against England. Pakistan refused to take the field of play after tea on the fourth day and were then ruled to have forfeited the match.

Later the cricketing world was shocked when ICC revealed that Hair demanded half a million dollar payout to retire from international cricket.

According to The Australian, media pressure has since made Hair a target around the clock ph34r.gif .

He decided to leave his house in Lincoln and stay at a private residence in northern England after being harassed by newspaper journalists when he returned from the Test.

Hair even went so far as to phone local police and have them investigate whether the harassment from the media throng was a breach of the law.

In a statement released on Monday from his secret hideaway, Hair sensationally revealed that the $500,000 offer to retire was at the urging of the International Cricket Council after his discussions with officials. blink.gif

tracknest
Oh Yeah!!! the cat is out of the bag. The monster 'Hair' is exposed by asking money to quit. Un ethical specimens like him can never be good at anything except crap.

He should be fired without pay. Its time that the ICC realises that people are not stupid to see whats going on. There is no room for racism in cricket,is the ICC listening?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.