Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rafi Saaheb's Ghazals
Hamara Forums > Legends > Mohd Rafi
Pages: 1, 2
joshi
Hello friends,

Thanks to some benevolent souls on the net, I've just downloaded (haven't even heard it yet) some Rafi ghazals. These 40 ghazals have been ripped @ 320kbps.
Most of you have such a huge collection of rare Rafi songs that I'm actually embarrassed to post this list here lest it should expose my "newbie status" here. If even a single member is interested, I'll upload these songs on the forum. I can also convert to 128kbps and upload if this is what people with bandwidth problems are looking for...

01 - Arman Machal Rahay Hain.Mp3
02 - Kabhi Sukon Ko Kabhi.Mp3
03 - Kash Khawaboon.Mp3
04 - Aye Taza Waridan.Mp3
05 - Kissi Ki Yaad May Duniya.Mp3
06 - Talkhe -E- May Mein.Mp3
07 - Bas Ke Dushwar Hay.Mp3
08 - Kitni Rahat Hay Dil Toot.Mp3
09 - Teri To Chand Sitaroon.Mp3
10 - Bazeecha -E- Atfal Hay.Mp3
11 - Koi Sagar Dil Ko Behlata Nahi.Mp3
12 - Tumse Izhaar -E- Haal.Mp3
13 - Dard Minnat -E- Kashay.Mp3
14 - Lagta Nahi Hay Dil Mera.Mp3
15 - Yeh Na Thee.Mp3
16 - Dil Ki Baat Kahi Nahi Jaati.Mp3
17 - Maine Jab Se Tujhe Aye.Mp3
18 - Youn Bekhudi Mein.Mp3
19 - Diya Yeah Dil Agar Us Ko.Mp3
20 - Maine Socha Tha.Mp3
21 - Zikr Us Pariwash Ka.Mp3
22 - Ek Hi Baat Zamanay Ki Kitaboon.Mp3
23 - Meri Mohabbat Qabool Karlo.Mp3
24 - Falsafe Ishq Mein Paish.Mp3
25 - Muddat Howe Hay Yaar.Mp3
26 - Ghazab Kiya Teray Waday.Mp3
27 - Na Shauq -E- Wasl Ka Daawa.Mp3
28 - Haal Dekho Jo Bayqararoon Ka.Mp3
29 - Nukta Cheen Hay Gham -E- Dil.Mp3
30 - Humsafar Saath Apna Chor.Mp3
31 - Paon Choo Laynay Do.Mp3
32 - Ishq Ki Garmiyay Jazbaat.Mp3
33 - Pooch Na Mujh Say Dil.Mp3
34 - Jeenay Ka Raaz.Mp3
35 - Maine Jab Se Tujhe Aye.Mp3
36 - Qad -O- Gaisoo May.Mp3
37 - Door Rehkar Na Karoo Baat.Mp3
38 - Falsafay Ishq Mein.Mp3
39 - Saqi Ki Har Nigah Par.Mp3
40 - Shauq Har Rang.Mp3
shaf
HI JOSHI

COULD YOU PLEASE U/L THEM FOR ME

THANKS

SHAF
joshi
Shaf bhai, will 320 kbps work for you or should I I convert it into 128?
deewani
A fabulous list in fabulous quality, really depends on the others, I would love these songs, but bandwidth is not a concern for me as it might be for others. Thanks very much for offering and welcome to HF.

joshi
First couple of files as a test (since its my first upload here)...

thanks!

P.S. and thanks Deewani ji for the welcome...
joshi
2 more...

deewani
Thanks very much joshi, I'm going to check them out, no rush, take your time. smile1.gif And thanks a bunch. Awesome quality, listening now........
joshi
Some more...
deewani
Thanks again joshi, already on song 4 in my playlist, lovely stuff. smile1.gif Just the kind of music I needed tonight.
sri
hi joshi !

that's a great start for sure !! welcome to HF and wish you happy times here !!

keep up the 320 kbps uploads...good quality uploads are always welcome !!

sri

joshi
kuch aur...

joshi
Dear all,
thanks for your posts and msgs...

I'm just sharing these here on HF. The credit goes to the gentleman who uploaded these initially (I've maintained the original tags on the mp3s)...
Guru
Thaks for sharing these gems.

Guru
joshi
Some more...
joshi
Final four for tonight. Will upload the rest tomorrow...

deewani
Thanks again. already listening to some of them twice now - great stuff. I think its a collection of both film and non film ghazals, but at this late hour I'm not really sure.
joshi
OK, 4 more before I got to zzzzzzzzz...
joshi
QUOTE(deewani @ Jun 2 2006, 11:50 AM) *

Thanks again. already listening to some of them twice now - great stuff. I think its a collection of both film and non film ghazals, but at this late hour I'm not really sure.

Deewani ji... I still haven't listened to all of the songs yet but after I started uploading these gems, I realized (I think with #5) that some are actually "filmy" ghazals and had updated the topic of this thread accordingly... biggrin.gif

O/T... Anyone remember this ghazal sung by Mohd Vakil in the old SRGM (God, I miss those Sonu Nigam days)...

joshi
5 more...

joshi
5 more...

shuklas

Joshi Jee :

Thanks so much for mega-uploads. The audio quality is unmatched. Wondering........if you happen to have one non filmi song- Jeevan Ka Pahel Pyar ho tum mere geeto ka Sringar ho tum.........

ThanQ.

Shuklas
joshi
5 more...
joshi
QUOTE(shuklas @ Jun 3 2006, 12:48 AM) *

Joshi Jee :

Thanks so much for mega-uploads. The audio quality is unmatched. Wondering........if you happen to have one non filmi song- Jeevan Ka Pahel Pyar ho tum mere geeto ka Sringar ho tum.........

ThanQ.

Shuklas

Shuklas ji,
I'm sorry but I dont think I've got this one...

Also, yes, the one thing that impressed me about this whole series of uploads was the great quality of these ghazals.

Shaf bhai, if you want these in 128kbps, I'll convert these and send you my ftp information (unless some more ppl want it at that bit rate in which case I'll upload all these again @128)...
joshi
Last 5...
deewani
Thanks for the rest Joshi, an excellent contribution.
qhabibi
Nice joshili uploads Joshi Bhai...........Thanks A Lot......

QHabibi
Anupama
Many Many thanks for these wonderful uploads. clap1.gif bow.gif
deewani
QUOTE(joshi @ Jun 2 2006, 12:04 AM) *

O/T... Anyone remember this ghazal sung by Mohd Vakil in the old SRGM (God, I miss those Sonu Nigam days)...

SaReGaMa? I have only watched a few episodes in early 90s. sad1.gif Not familiar with Mohd Vakil, sorry, shayad koi aur, prob BJ sahab is.
sri
nice uploads - punit

#24 and #38 appear to be the same tracks - right ?

Sri
unni
QUOTE(shuklas @ Jun 2 2006, 03:18 PM) *

Joshi Jee :

ThanQ.

Shuklas

By courtesy of HF, and apparently sourced from a 78rpm recording:

Click to view attachment
ANT6
Joshi ji

02 - Kabhi Sukon Ko Kabhi.Mp3
04 - Aye Taza Waridan.Mp3
06 - Talkhe -E- May Mein.Mp3
09 - Teri To Chand Sitaroon.Mp3
10 - Bazeecha -E- Atfal Hay.Mp3
12 - Tumse Izhaar -E- Haal.Mp3
23 - Meri Mohabbat Qabool Karlo.Mp3
24 - Falsafe Ishq Mein Paish.Mp3
25 - Muddat Howe Hay Yaar.Mp3
28 - Haal Dekho Jo Bayqararoon Ka.Mp3
36 - Qad -O- Gaisoo May.Mp3
40 - Shauq Har Rang.Mp3

thank you very much...AWESOME UPLOADS....these are an addition to my collection...a million thanx to you......i see you are a newcomer to the forum.....hope you make many friends here....[i guess you have by now].....welcome dost to HF
kesuma
Hiya Joshi jii ..

Thanks a Millions for your ghazal songs.. its so beautiful Ghazal .. crystal clear .. Thx again..

~kes~
Akhtar
Welcome to HF!

Quality is outstanding, Joshi-ji!

Continue the great work.
shuklas

ThanQ.Thanks a million-Unni Jee.

Shuklas
joshi
QUOTE(ANT6 @ Jul 2 2006, 02:58 AM) *

Joshi ji

thank you very much...AWESOME UPLOADS....these are an addition to my collection...a million thanx to you......i see you are a newcomer to the forum.....hope you make many friends here....[i guess you have by now].....welcome dost to HF

Thanks so much ANT6 ji, Kesuma ji and Akhtar bhai for the warm welcome...
Harold
Joshi-Ji,

Welcome and thank you very much for the uploads!!!

Rgds,
Harold
balajigade
Terrific uploads, Joshiji

--Balaji
joshi
Thanks for your kind comments, Harold ji, Balaji 'ji' smile1.gif

HF ko mita sake ye kisi hacker mein dum nahin (all thanks to Pradeep ji for his work) - now that reminds me of Rafi saaheb's ghazal from "Aye Jaane-E-Ghazal" so here it is...

VBR @ average of 199kbps

joshi
Arre bhai logon (aur behenon), hacker tou gaya ab, time to get this place "rocking" (as Himesh Reshammiya angry2.gif would say) again...

Here's another ghazal by Rafi saaheb from the album "Aye Jaan-E-Ghazal"...

Aaj is khat mein nayi baat tumhe likhta hoon - VBR @ Average of 232kbps
joshi
Another one - Aaja mere kareeb ke soyi hui hai raat...

VBR @ Average of 227kbps...

joshi
Koi reply nahin karega kya??? look.gif

Chalo main bhi post karta rahunga... Another Rafi saaheb's gem from the compilation "50 Glorious Years Of Popular Ghazals" @192kbps...

joshi
Another one from the same album (wrongly labelled though). I'm sure I've heard this one by other singers as well - is it by Ghalib saaheb?

zikr us parivash ka aur bayaan apna @192kbps...

sksiddiqui
Joshi Ji, reply bhi aa jayegi, thoda intizar to karen. laugh.gif

Good Job brother.
Harold
QUOTE(joshi @ Jul 24 2006, 08:28 AM) *

Another one from the same album (wrongly labelled though). I'm sure I've heard this one by other singers as well - is it by Ghalib saaheb?

Joshi-ji, thanks again!!!!!

Haven't you already uploaded this one at post#19 as nr.21 and at post#24 as nr.38 ???
princeali
Thanks Alot Joshi-ji for the wonderful ghazals in excellent quality, much appreciated !
joshi
QUOTE(Harold @ Jul 26 2006, 02:36 AM) *

Haven't you already uploaded this one at post#19 as nr.21 and at post#24 as nr.38 ???

Thanks SKS ji, Harold ji and PrinceAli ji for your messages...

SKS ji, I was a tad depressed after the "hacker attack" so was trying to revive some threads and getting people to come back on and post again on HF...

Harold ji, "Galti se mishtake ho gaya" (BTW, wasn't that from a movie?). Thanks for pointing it out - the source for some of these ghazals were different...
- a compilation of ghazals from HamaraCD
- Rafi saaheb's "aye jaan-e-ghazal"
- The 5 CD compilation of 50 yrs of popular ghazals
.. so got a little confused and re-posted some of Rafi saheb's.

- PrinceAli ji, thanks for your appreciation...
shrikant21120
QUOTE(joshi @ Jul 26 2006, 04:21 AM) *

QUOTE(Harold @ Jul 26 2006, 02:36 AM) *

Thanks SKS ji, Harold ji and PrinceAli ji for your messages...

SKS ji, I was a tad depressed after the "hacker attack" so was trying to revive some threads and getting people to come back on and post again on HF...

Harold ji, "Galti se mishtake ho gaya" (BTW, wasn't that from a movie?). Thanks for pointing it out - the source for some of these ghazals were different...
- a compilation of ghazals from HamaraCD
- Rafi saaheb's "aye jaan-e-ghazal"
- The 5 CD compilation of 50 yrs of popular ghazals
.. so got a little confused and re-posted some of Rafi saheb's.

- PrinceAli ji, thanks for your appreciation...

Thanks Joshi saab for the super quality gazals that you have uploaded.

My favourite at the moment is " aaja mere kareeb ke soyi hui hai raat". Rafi saab's voice is from the period when it was at its best! must be late 50s! Do you know the music director of this gazal?

shrikant
joshi
QUOTE(shrikant21120 @ Jul 28 2006, 02:05 AM) *

My favourite at the moment is " aaja mere kareeb ke soyi hui hai raat". Rafi saab's voice is from the period when it was at its best! must be late 50s! Do you know the music director of this gazal?

shrikant

Shrikant ji,
The MD mentioned is Rajeshwar Pal.

Interesting thing about the version I have is that its mentioned that 4 of the ghazals from "aye jaan-e-ghazal" have been composed by Rafi saaheb himself....
Ghata Hai Baag Hai
Utha Surahi Yeh Sheesha
Chale Aa Rahe Hain Woh Zulfe Bikhre
Khuda Hi Jaane Yaar Na Jaane

Can someone please verify this?
shrikant21120
QUOTE(joshi @ Jul 28 2006, 03:31 AM) *

shrikant

Shrikant ji,

Interesting thing about the version I have is that its mentioned that 4 of the ghazals from "aye jaan-e-ghazal" have been composed by Rafi saaheb himself....
Ghata Hai Baag Hai
Utha Surahi Yeh Sheesha

joshi saab,

all the gazals are a real treat. thanks again

hamko mita sake and dard e minnat are reminiscent of ghulam ali's style ( although recorded much before ghulam ali appeared on the scene!)

shrikant21120
QUOTE(shrikant21120 @ Jul 29 2006, 12:56 AM) *

QUOTE(joshi @ Jul 28 2006, 03:31 AM) *

shrikant

Shrikant ji,

Ghata Hai Baag Hai
Utha Surahi Yeh Sheesha

joshi saab,

all the gazals are a real treat. thanks again

hamko mita sake and dard e minnat are reminiscent of ghulam ali's style ( although recorded much before ghulam ali appeared on the scene!)

sorry my earlier post somehow got muddled in yours!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.