Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Version Of Songs Of Geetaji ?
Hamara Forums > Legends > Geeta Dutt
parag_sankla
Hi All Geetaji Fans
I am not sure if this topic has been discussed on this forum or not.

While going through a forum on Sumanji (Suman Kalyanpur), this is what I have found

============================================================================
Hi Pradeep ji

yes sumanji was a newcomer during shabnam 1949.yet songs were recorded for her.
another name is geeta/lata chori chori.i am dying to listen to suraiya's version of shama songs
i have made request also in SKS

WARM REGARDS

Ashish

=============================================================================

Is it true that Geetaji had sung the songs of Chori Chori ?

Thanks
Parag
balajigade
QUOTE(parag_sankla @ May 17 2006, 09:09 PM) *

Hi All Geetaji Fans
I am not sure if this topic has been discussed on this forum or not.

While going through a forum on Sumanji (Suman Kalyanpur), this is what I have found

============================================================================
Hi Pradeep ji

yes sumanji was a newcomer during shabnam 1949.yet songs were recorded for her.
another name is geeta/lata chori chori.i am dying to listen to suraiya's version of shama songs
i have made request also in SKS

WARM REGARDS

Ashish

=============================================================================

Is it true that Geetaji had sung the songs of Chori Chori ?

Thanks
Parag

Yes, I heard the song yeh raat bheegi bheegi... by Geeta & Manna Dey in one of the HF radio programs compered by maheshks.

--Balaji
mahesh
geetaji has sung four version songs.they are-

1]-parineeta[53]-chali radherani,
2]-parineeta[53]-gore gore hathon mein,
3]-chori chori[56]-panchi banoon udti phiroon,
4]-chori chori[56]-yeh raat bheegi bheegi[with bhushan].

i will upload two of them later today.
regards,
mahesh
mahesh
hello parag and friends,
here is one song each from parineeta and chori chori.
the chori chori song was uploaded long time back by bobby bhai.
the parineeta song was uploaded by shuklas in another forum.
regards,
mahesh
parag_sankla
Hi Maheshji
Thanks a lot for the information and the upload.

Any more information about these cover versions? I am more keen about Chori Chori. When the original song was by the team SJ-Lata, how do we have a cover version by Geetaji ?

As far as my knowledge goes Geetaji has sung quite few songs for SJ. Gurus, correct me if I am wrong.

Best Regards
Parag
Ummer
QUOTE(parag_sankla @ May 18 2006, 01:07 AM) *

Hi Maheshji

Any more information about these cover versions? I am more keen about Chori Chori. When the original song was by the team SJ-Lata, how do we have a cover version by Geetaji ?

As far as my knowledge goes Geetaji has sung quite few songs for SJ. Gurus, correct me if I am wrong.

Best Regards
Parag

Hello Parag Sankla Sahib,
These are NOT tandem songs, these are double version songs.

Tandem songs are those songs where the same song is sung by different singers for the SAME film (example :- Kaise koi jeeay zehar hai zindagi utha toofan ho - Hemant and Geeta Dutt versions for film Shart).

Double version songs - Superhit songs re-recorded (read plagiarized) by lesser known musical companies using different singers hoping that they also sell in large numbers. Therefore, Geeta Dutt version was NOT composed by Shankar Jaikishan. Double version songs were cheap imitations of hit songs recorded quickly without much rehearsal. Today, these double version songs have become collector's items maybe because of their rarity.

As far as I know Geeta didn't sing lots of songs for Shankar Jaikishan, she only sang 1 or 2 solos besides some duets. Shankar Jaikishan were complete Lata devotees, they were usally in the habit of going all Lata in their films even for side heroines and side artistes. For example, in Poonam Lata sings for both Asha and Kamini in "Bhagwan tumhari duniya mein ro ro kai guzara kartey hain". They used other major female singers of that era including Shamshad and Geeta dutt sparingly.

Ummer.
fiftysomeone
QUOTE(mahesh @ May 18 2006, 07:34 AM) *

regards,
mahesh

I also seem to remember a Geeta Dutt version of Tu Mera Chand (Dillagi) originally sung by Suraiyya. Can't recall where I came across it or if I d/led it. Any idea if she did this version song ? Will try to find it in the meantime.
Cheers.
50Some1
Ummer
QUOTE(fiftysomeone @ May 18 2006, 05:04 AM) *

regards,
mahesh

I also seem to remember a Geeta Dutt version of Tu Mera Chand (Dillagi) originally sung by Suraiyya. Can't recall where I came across it or if I d/led it. Any idea if she did this version song ? Will try to find it in the meantime.
Cheers.
50Some1

Yes she did! It is a tandem song though (not version song) sung by both artistes for the same film.

Ummer.
parag_sankla
QUOTE(Ummer @ May 18 2006, 10:43 AM) *

QUOTE(parag_sankla @ May 18 2006, 01:07 AM) *

Hi Maheshji

Best Regards
Parag

Hello Parag Sankla Sahib,
These are NOT tandem songs, these are double version songs.

Tandem songs are those songs where the same song is sung by different singers for the SAME film (example :- Kaise koi jeeay zehar hai zindagi utha toofan ho - Hemant and Geeta Dutt versions for film Shart).

Double version songs - Superhit songs re-recorded (read plagiarized) by lesser known musical companies using different singers hoping that they also sell in large numbers. Therefore, Geeta Dutt version was NOT composed by Shankar Jaikishan. Double version songs were cheap imitations of hit songs recorded quickly without much rehearsal. Today, these double version songs have become collector's items maybe because of their rarity.

As far as I know Geeta didn't sing lots of songs for Shankar Jaikishan, she only sang 1 or 2 solos besides some duets. Shankar Jaikishan were complete Lata devotees, they were usally in the habit of going all Lata in their films even for side heroines and side artistes. For example, in Poonam Lata sings for both Asha and Kamini in "Bhagwan tumhari duniya mein ro ro kai guzara kartey hain". They used other major female singers of that era including Shamshad and Geeta dutt sparingly.

Ummer.

Hi Ummerji

Thanks a lots for the clarifications. Precisely this is what I was thinking in my mind. Neverthless, as you have rightly mentioned, these "Version" songs are like new found gems for Geetaji fans like us.

Best Regards
Parag
parag_sankla
QUOTE(Ummer @ May 18 2006, 11:08 AM) *

QUOTE(fiftysomeone @ May 18 2006, 05:04 AM) *

regards,
mahesh

Cheers.
50Some1

Yes she did! It is a tandem song though (not version song) sung by both artistes for the same film.

Ummer.

Wow, this tandem song sung by Geetaji would be a treat to the ears. I have always liked the one sung by Suraiyya. Listening to it in Geetaji's voice would be sublime.

Cheers
Parag
parag_sankla
While searching on the net, I found a link of a blogger Robert Nagle. He has mentioned that he has a version of "Gore Gore Oh Baanke Chhore" sung by Geetaji.

http://www.imaginaryplanet.net/weblogs/asi...01_archive.html

I tried to search for this person's mail id, but in vain.

The link to his homepage is

http://www.imaginaryplanet.net/weblogs/idiotprogrammer/

Any one has this cover version ?

Regards
Parag
mahesh
interesting!
never heard about ''gore gore o banke chore'' in geetaji's voice.
hope we get to hear it someday.
i will try to upload the tandem version of ''tu mera chand'' from dillagi today.
regards,
mahesh
maheshks
The song..tu mera chaand main teri chaandni...sung by geetaji was picturised on young shyama...in the movie Dillagi. Geetaji sang majority of the songs..may be 90% or more which were picturised on shyama.
She was the voice for Shyama.
bawlachintu
QUOTE(mahesh @ May 19 2006, 07:48 AM) *

interesting!
never heard about ''gore gore o banke chore'' in geetaji's voice.
hope we get to hear it someday.
i will try to upload the tandem version of ''tu mera chand'' from dillagi today.
regards,
mahesh

Gore gore O banke chhore is a duet by Lata and Amirbai Karnataki
Never heard about Geeta ji's version. rolleyes.gif

Writer of the blog claims having the version. Hope someday it will be available to us.
bawlachintu
QUOTE(maheshks @ May 21 2006, 08:06 PM) *

The song..tu mera chaand main teri chaandni...sung by geetaji was picturised on young shyama...in the movie Dillagi. Geetaji sang majority of the songs..may be 90% or more which were picturised on shyama.

Yes, another famous song from Shart is picturised on shyama:
Na ye chand hoga na taare rahenge

Click to view attachment
Guru Dutt and Shyama in Aarpaar
Ummer
QUOTE(bawlachintu @ May 21 2006, 09:46 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Also one of the most famous songs of the 50s "Ae dil mujhe bata dai" from Bhai Bhai.

Ummer.
parag_sankla
Any news on "Gore Gore Oh Baanke Chhore" in Geetaji's voice ?

Regards
Parag
mahesh
QUOTE(Ummer @ May 22 2006, 12:02 AM) *

QUOTE(bawlachintu @ May 21 2006, 09:46 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Also one of the most famous songs of the 50s "Ae dil mujhe bata dai" from Bhai Bhai.

Ummer.

two actresses who got a large share of geeta dutt songs were geeta bali and shyama.but lot of geeta songs were picturised on nargis,kamini kaushal,meena kumari,madhubala,vaijayantimala also.
she also sang for fearless nadia,shobhna samarth and mumtaz shanti among the older lot.
the youngest actresses she sang for were tanuja and anju mahendru.
regards,
mahesh
parag_sankla
www.downmelodylane.com mentions that the following song was also recorded as a version song in the voices of Hemantda and Geetaji :

"Milate hi aankhen dil hua deewana kisi ka" (Original song from Babul, sung by Talatji and Shamshadji)

Any ideas on this cover version song? Does any rare song collector has this one ?

Best Regards
Parag
parag_sankla
Hi All

This is what I read on the newsgroup RMIM about the "version songs" sung by Geeta ji

Quote -
And then there are two songs from: BABUL / Naushad, where
Hemant & Geeta Dutt were replaced by: Talat & Shamshad (Milte
Hi Aankhen Dil Huwa Diwana Kisi Ka) and Hemant by Talat (Mera
Jeevan Saathi Bichhad Gaya). However the Hemant's records
are not available, so I have not yet classified these songs

Similar to Anokha Pyar situation (that is: making someone happy)
is a song from SUJATA / Tum Jiyo Hazaro Saal / Asha + chorus
for film version and Geeta + Chorus for 78 rpm - both are
available.

Unquote

So are these 2 songs ( "Milate hi aankhen dil hua - Geeta Dutt, Hemant Kumar, and "Tum jiyo hazaron Saal - Geeta Dutt, chorus") available any where ?

Thanks
Parag

maheshks
request me while playing radio biggrin.gif
mahesh
QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Apr 28 2007, 07:55 PM) *

Hi All

This is what I read on the newsgroup RMIM about the "version songs" sung by Geeta ji

Quote -
And then there are two songs from: BABUL / Naushad, where
Hemant & Geeta Dutt were replaced by: Talat & Shamshad (Milte
Hi Aankhen Dil Huwa Diwana Kisi Ka) and Hemant by Talat (Mera
Jeevan Saathi Bichhad Gaya). However the Hemant's records
are not available, so I have not yet classified these songs

Similar to Anokha Pyar situation (that is: making someone happy)
is a song from SUJATA / Tum Jiyo Hazaro Saal / Asha + chorus
for film version and Geeta + Chorus for 78 rpm - both are
available.

Unquote

So are these 2 songs ( "Milate hi aankhen dil hua - Geeta Dutt, Hemant Kumar, and "Tum jiyo hazaron Saal - Geeta Dutt, chorus") available any where ?

Thanks
Parag

no parag,
the female voice in the cover version of ''milte hi aankhein dil hua'' is rama devi[with hemant kumar] and not geetaji.
as for the sujata song,it was recorded in voices of both ashaji and geetaji ,but ashaji version was kept in the film and also relaesed on 78rpm records,but erroneously the singer in the 78rpm was mentioned as geetaji ,although it was ashaji.
geetaji version though recorded has most probably been lost now.
regards,
mahesh
parag_sankla
Thank you Mahesh ji for the clarification. So the only possibility of getting the Geeta ji version of "Tum jio hazaron saal" is some collector who would have got the 78 RPM record when it was released...

Looks like Mahesh ji (maheshks) has this one. I will surely request this extra special song when you are on HF radio Mahesh ji.

Thanks
Parag
mahesh
QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Apr 28 2007, 10:41 PM) *

Thank you Mahesh ji for the clarification. So the only possibility of getting the Geeta ji version of "Tum jio hazaron saal" is some collector who would have got the 78 RPM record when it was released...

Looks like Mahesh ji (maheshks) has this one. I will surely request this extra special song when you are on HF radio Mahesh ji.

Thanks
Parag

So the only possibility of getting the Geeta ji version of "Tum jio hazaron saal" is some collector who would have got the 78 RPM record when it was released...

no parag,
the 78 rpm contains ashaji's voice although it has been labelled as geetaji.
the geetaji version is most probably lost now or with burman family.
i think i have made myself clear.
regards,
mahesh
parag_sankla
Ok Mahesh ji, sorry for the confusion. So the final truth is that the song was recorded in Geeta ji's voice but never released on any record.

This closes the discussion on this song.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Parag
yob
QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Apr 29 2007, 09:24 AM) *

Ok Mahesh ji, sorry for the confusion. So the final truth is that the song was recorded in Geeta ji's voice but never released on any record.

This closes the discussion on this song.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Parag

available song is a duet by asha/geeta---sab bachche carefully sune----u can hear two different voices in it.
and this,nt a joke
parag_sankla
QUOTE(maheshks @ Apr 28 2007, 09:26 PM) *

Will do sir ji.

biggrin.gif

Parag
parag_sankla
QUOTE(maheshks @ Apr 28 2007, 08:56 AM) *

Mahesh ji

I am sorry I totally forgot about these version songs. I was browsing through this thread and realized this. It seems like you have both the version songs (Milate hi aankhen dil hua deewana kisi ka - Geeta ji and Hemantda, and Tum jiyo hazaron saal - Geeta ji and Asha ji duet). I will request you to play these when you are on HF radio.

Regards
Parag
parag_sankla
QUOTE(mahesh @ May 17 2006, 07:04 PM) *

regards,
mahesh

I read somewhere (RMIM?) that Raj Khosla was behind many such version songs being recorded in the early fifties. Now is this the same person who later became director and directed hit films like CID, Bambai ka Baabu, Woh Kaun thi, Mera Saya etc ?

Thanks
Parag
Faraaj73
QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Mar 21 2009, 03:14 AM) *

QUOTE(maheshks @ Apr 28 2007, 08:56 AM) *

Mahesh ji

I am sorry I totally forgot about these version songs. I was browsing through this thread and realized this. It seems like you have both the version songs (Milate hi aankhen dil hua deewana kisi ka - Geeta ji and Hemantda, and Tum jiyo hazaron saal - Geeta ji and Asha ji duet). I will request you to play these when you are on HF radio.

Regards
Parag

Parag

Rama Devi (unknown singer) sang the Babul duet with Hemant - not Geeta Dutt.

In the above discussions, Mahesh Saab mentioned that there was a Geeta Dutt recording of Tum Jiyo - recorded but never issued on 78 rpm and most probably lost. According to member Yob however, there is a duet recording with Geeta's voice as well. Request upload of that recording...

Kind Regards
Faraaj
parag_sankla
Thanks for the clarification Faraaj

Regards
Parag

parag_sankla
On this post, Mahesh has mentioned that Geeta ji has sung 3 or 4 version songs for the MD Arunkumar for his songs from the film Parineeta (1953).

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=648077

I have the song "Chali raadhe raani". Which are the other songs?

Thanks
Parag
hildebrand
the other Geeta version song for Parineeta is Gore Gore Haathon mein. (occurs on other side of record no GE29861 which has Chali Radhe Rani).

Request for upload of this version song.

I also need the following version song sung by Geeta ji:-
1. Milte Hi Aankhen Dil Hua Deewana Kisi Ka - Babul 1950 (with Hemant Kumar) (Columbia record)

Thanks in advance to the generous uploader.
Faraaj73
QUOTE(hildebrand @ Jan 31 2010, 08:33 PM) *

I also need the following version song sung by Geeta ji:-
1. Milte Hi Aankhen Dil Hua Deewana Kisi Ka - Babul 1950 (with Hemant Kumar) (Columbia record)

Thanks in advance to the generous uploader.

HB

I'm not too sure Geeta sang the version duet Milte Hi Aankhen. The only version I have is Hemant + Rama Devi which I am uploading...it is 192kbps mp3...

hildebrand
maheshks also says above that its not a Geeta song. I am not able to download the file you uploaded for some reason. mail it to me if possible. I have another song sung by Rama Devi. I can try to compare the voices.
Do you have a Hemant solo version also of the song Khushi Ke Saath Mera Jeevan Saathi. It is on other side of the same record.
smahesh
QUOTE(hildebrand @ Jan 31 2010, 04:10 PM) *

maheshks also says above that its not a Geeta song. I am not able to download the file you uploaded for some reason. mail it to me if possible. I have another song sung by Rama Devi. I can try to compare the voices.
Do you have a Hemant solo version also of the song Khushi Ke Saath Mera Jeevan Saathi. It is on other side of the same record.

hb,
the version song is by rama devi and hemant kumar.thereis a misprint in hfgk.

i will upload the version of mera jeevan sathi'' in a few minutes

regards,
mahesh
Debopriyo
faraajji the version hemant kumar & Rama devi u have upload...! downloading eror..is showing .so if it is possible can u mail me the song ..in my mail debopriyochakraborty123@gmail.com
& ..can you upload the solo of hemant kumar one's....
Hemant solo version also of the song Khushi Ke Saath Mera Jeevan Saathi
Faraaj73
QUOTE(Debopriyo @ Feb 21 2010, 07:52 PM) *

faraajji the version hemant kumar & Rama devi u have upload...! downloading eror..is showing .so if it is possible can u mail me the song ..in my mail debopriyochakraborty123@gmail.com
& ..can you upload the solo of hemant kumar one's....
Hemant solo version also of the song Khushi Ke Saath Mera Jeevan Saathi

Emailed!
hildebrand
the other Geeta version song for Parineeta is Gore Gore Haathon mein. (occurs on other side of record no GE29861 which has Chali Radhe Rani).

Request for upload of this version song.
hildebrand
QUOTE(parag_sankla @ May 18 2006, 05:37 PM) *

While searching on the net, I found a link of a blogger Robert Nagle. He has mentioned that he has a version of "Gore Gore Oh Baanke Chhore" sung by Geetaji.

http://www.imaginaryplanet.net/weblogs/asi...01_archive.html

I tried to search for this person's mail id, but in vain.

The link to his homepage is

http://www.imaginaryplanet.net/weblogs/idiotprogrammer/

Any one has this cover version ?

Regards
Parag

Came across this post while searching for something else. smile.gif

Found a profile of the blogger online along with his phone number.
Here's a link to it:-
http://www.imaginaryplanet.net/weblogs/idi...t-robert-nagle/

Maybe we can get it from him!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.