Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lets Talk....
Hamara Forums > General > Sports > Cricket
p1j
There was a time when I use to eat,drink and live cricket.. over the years, the game has lost some charm.... still it holds a lot of charm for me..

Lets talk about it!!!

P1J
Sharad
I hadn't watched live cricket in 10+ years
i finally some last few weeks back on zee tv and it felt good
sadly it came late at night, i had to sleep
it was still fun watching

recently i saw the NZ and aussie match, few hours of it

good stuff

man there were days when i used to play so much kirkett

i shall get bats and some kirkett balls from India

Sharad
Anil4
Despite all the rain, India had a good day here today. They got 7 wickets, Steve Waugh and Adam Gilchrist got out for ducks and Zaheer Khan has a 5 wicket haul.

If they keep upto this standard for the summer, the aussies will have a match this summer.
sauvikbasu
not so fast buddy ... it's just the 2nd day of the series ... let's see how they perform tomorrow. meanwhile here's something for those people who are fanatic about records and statistics
p1j
The only good thing about restricting aussie score to 323 is that India has atleast reduced the possibilty of a Follow-on by about 50%... Lets see how Sachin-Saurav-Rahul-Veeru-Laxman sena bats tomorrow...
p1j
QUOTE (Bhirgu @ Dec 5 2003, 02:33 PM)
Despite all the rain, India had a good day here today. They got 7 wickets, Steve Waugh and Adam Gilchrist got out for ducks and Zaheer Khan has a 5 wicket haul.

If they keep upto this standard for the summer, the aussies will have a match this summer.

I wish Saurav had placed a fielder in the third man region.. where the aussies scored most of the run (more than a third of total were scored there).. we would have certainely restricted them below 300 then...
p1j
Zaheer Khan on his 5 wicket hall...

Zaheer said the credit was due to the team's Australian fast bowling coach and former Test bowler Bruce Reid, who has been co-opted to help the team on tour.

"He basically told us to concentrate on line and length and to bowl there consistently," he said

Waah waah Zaheer... Irony is that being an international player, you must have read/listened this advice not less than thousand times...

Why do we need foreign coaches to teach us the basics of the game... (that too the advice that required for a rookie, not for an international player).
Kab sudharegi ye Saurav ki team....
Anil4
A great day's play by the Indians today. A superb century by Sourav Ganguly and a great innings from VVS Laxman. Pity about Sachin getting an unfair decision from the referee.

Looking forward to the next test match in Adelaide.
vivekpm

Zaheer Khan on his 5 wicket hall...

Zaheer said the credit was due to the team's Australian fast bowling coach and former Test bowler Bruce Reid, who has been co-opted to help the team on tour.

"He basically told us to concentrate on line and length and to bowl there consistently," he said

Waah waah Zaheer... Irony is that being an international player, you must have read/listened this advice not less than thousand times...

Why do we need foreign coaches to teach us the basics of the game... (that too the advice that required for a rookie, not for an international player).
Kab sudharegi ye Saurav ki team....

If this is the job for which Bruce Reid earns thousands then I too wud like to become bowling coach of Indian Team laugh.gif

Anyways, fine display by Indians thoughout the match. Fine bowling by Zaheer and Agarkar. Agarkar needs to realise his true potential. This chap has talent. Wonder why he is still not able to cement his place in the team.

Ganguly batted extremely well. proved his critics (including me ohmy.gif ) wrong. Though Bucknor is a human being after all. I thought that clearly looked not out with naked eye also.

Cheers,
vivekpm

If this is the job for which Bruce Reid earns thousands then I too wud like to become bowling coach of Indian Team

Read Millions. Sorry...
Anil4
Well Vivek, Agarkar came up with the goods when it mattered with his 6 wicket haul. What a game by Dravid, and his partnership with VV S Laxman , what can I say.

Well done boys, and it was real pleasure, watching you win on TV, surrounded by all the aussies in the office.
vivekpm

Well Vivek, Agarkar came up with the goods when it mattered with his 6 wicket haul. What a game by Dravid, and his partnership with VV S Laxman , what can I say.

Well done boys, and it was real pleasure, watching you win on TV, surrounded by all the aussies in the office.

Very True. Great Performance by Ajit Agarkar. Finally I can held my head high and tell I am an Agarkar fan, rolleyes.gif . Previously my friends used to ridicule me when I said this. The best thing about Agarkar is that he is a thinking bowler unlike others.

Anyways, Dravid and Laxman are playing some of the best innings of their career and I can see this team going a long way irrespective of the outcome of this series.

Well done India. You made my day. Finally getting up early in the morning paid off :-).

Looking forward to more convincing victory at Melbourne :-)

Cheers,
Vivek
p1j
A fantastic win indeed... Apart from Dravid, Agarkar and Laxman, one more man deserve some credit for this victory Anil Kumble.. who not only bowled his heart out in the first innings to restrict Austrailia a below 600 score (otherwise it would be a difficult ask) and bowled in tandem with Agarkar in second innings and kept pressure on the batsmans from the other end.. was unfortunate not to get wickets though in second innings.. but he bowled his heart out and helped Agarkar in getting a tally of 6... We didn't missed Zaheer and Harbhajan.. did we?
A great win in the end for Team India...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.