Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: K K
Hamara Forums > Music > Singers
rhea
hey!
im new here...nice forum...
but i was a little surprised to see nothing about KK here...dont any of you like KK??
He is one of my favourite singers!! I think he is amazing...and i love all his songs...especially from his album pal...i love yaaron

I think he is one of the most versatile singers...but what i love most about his songs is that you can see...or rather hear that he sings with his heart! And is the best when it comes to live shows...in terms of energy, enthusiam and contact with the audience.

anyway if anyone likes KK...please do reply!
Nimii
Me jump.gif Me and wunly Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

N rolleyes.gif
rhea
QUOTE(Nimii @ Feb 26 2006, 06:09 PM) *

N rolleyes.gif

yay!! somebody!! biggrin.gif
azad
QUOTE(Nimii @ Feb 26 2006, 08:39 PM) *

N rolleyes.gif

....................lol
Nimii
ok me will do the honors of posting is pix and articles on him wub.gif
Nimii
Pix of KK rolleyes.gif
IPB ImageIPB Image
Nimii
How he had started his career cool.gif
Singer Kay Kay (29 Aug, 2001)

IPB Image Kay Kay (pronounced KK), or Krishna Kumar Menon, is a promising singer with a ganeer voice. He is in the limelight with his two songs in 12B ('love pannu' and 'mutham mutham'). Actually he is not really a newcomer to TFM. He has sung a few songs already under Ranjit Barot ('eechan kaattula' - VIP), AR Rahman ('strawberry kanne' - Minsara kanavu), Vidyasagar ('poovukkellaam siragu mulaithathu' - uyirodu uyiraaga), Aagosh ('naan keezhnaattu' - koteeswaran). He has also done a pop album 'Pal' and sung for several jingles ('yeh dil maange more' is his voice).

Nimii
The other K factor

The three Ks of playback singing in Bollywood - KK, Kailash Kher and Kunal Ganjawala - have successfully made ground for a generation of singers with no formal training. Here is an update

ON A HIGH Singer KK is a voice to reckon with now in playback singing

It needs no coaxing to make KK say what he has to say. An out and out raconteur, a delight to any interviewer for sure, this Delhi-bred Keralite in fact begins by admitting, "I have been very lucky. I have got songs that have exposed my voice to a good range. Be it "Tadap tadap" in HumDil De Chuke Sanam Aapke Hain Kaun or the title number from Dus, it has offered me opportunities to check myself." The bonus is, they all have become hits, he adds.

To add to the shimmer, one can note here KK's hit film songs like "It's the time to disco" from Kal Ho Na Ho, "Tu aasman" from Jhankar Beats, "Awarapan" from Jism etc which have made the nation either drool in emotion or tap feet. "I always attempt to do a few projects, something that allows me to be different," he maintains.

With no formal training to count, KK aka Krishna Kumar Menon from Delhi's Alaknanda one fine day got himself to release a music album Pal with support from his friend, philosopher and guide, Leslie Lewis in Mumbai. The songs - "Aap ki dua se" and "Pyar ke pal" in no time ruled the lips of the youngsters and KK's quick march to celebrity-hood commenced.

"After coming to Mumbai, I sang ad jingles which gave me money. I always wanted to become an Indi-pop singer. Playback singing was never in my mind. So when Vishal Bharadwaj asked me do a number for Gulzar sahab's Maachis, I was not keen. Then A.R. Rahman had called me and he was too big to be told no," relates KK. The journey soon took him to the high road of success as he began to deliver one hit after another.

"I wish Is had undergone some formal training. Music for me as a youngster in Delhi University was Pink Floyd and Guns & Roses," he says.

Fame Gurukul

Now on the panel of judges along side Javed Akhtar and Shankar Mahadevan on Sony TV's talent hunt for singers, Fame Gurukul, KK feels a long-time desire has got some fulfilment here.

"I agreed to get involved in it because I thought it could also teach me something that I might have missed by not getting into any formal training of music," he adds.

Having already sung in no less than nine languages, KK says, he is at present busy recording songs for Illayaraja's son Yuvan Shankar Raja's films and Subhash Ghai's 36 China Town.

"I am singing a Punjabi song in Ghai's film. Despite being a Malayali, singing in other languages has never been a problem for me. You have to have your diction right and get over the initial inhibitions," he explains.

New album

But what is indeed keeping KK busy now is his second music album. "Hopefully, it should hit the market by this October," he informs. Vishal Bharadwaj, "a good friend", who provided lyrics for Pal, has again done the lyrics.

"There would be eight to nine songs in it," he adds. Knowing his singing, you know already that more than one of them would hit the bull's eye.

Cheers to this Delhiite!

[courtesy:http://www.hindu.com/mp/2005/07/09/stories/2005070902890100.htm]

Nimii
K.K.

IPB ImageIPB ImageBirth: August 23rd
Birthplace: Trichur, Kerala
Profession: Playback Singer, Bollywood.
Family: wife Jyoti and two children
From the whimsical 'Awarapan Banjarapan' number in Jism to the frisky Ding Dong song in Kucch To Hai, Krishna Kumar Menon or KK (as he is popularly known) has proved he can bring a wide and diverse variety of moods and emotions into his vocals.

Krishan Kumar Menon dearly called as Kay Kay was born on 23rd of August at Trichur , Kerala.He did his primary education in Mt Saint Mary , Delhi.Starting out early at school,he went on to win accolades at every annual event. Like any other kid of his generation, growing up meant being surrounded with sound influences of the times. Pink Floyd, Extreme, Sting, Billy Joel, Guns 'N' Roses, Deep Purple and Jethro Tull were some of his earliest influencers. At different stages, KK took to singing with different bands He was the lead vocalist for three different college bands. He sang everything from “Everything I Do, I Do It For You ...”to Mr Big’s “Just Take My Heart”. And the rest is history. KK’s charisma worked with the music enthusiasts.

After graduating from Kirori Mal College Delhi University, KK dabbled with a few "normal" 9 to 5 jobs. He was quick to realise that this was not his "scene." It had to be singing or nothing. His soul was music. Soon, KK began participating in various forums where he could showcase his singing abilities. Be it Quiz Time of 1992 or the Ravi Bajaj fashion show.After a while, it dawned on him that to have a lucrative singing career one had to be in the thick of things--where the action is. That is how KK landed up to the place where the industry really moves--the city of Mumbai. The Mecca of advertising, Mumbai, opened up new vistas for KK. The ad fraternity did not lose time in recognising talent.

However, the road to success has not been a smooth one for this Delhi-based singer who came to Mumbai a few years ago. He started singing on stage when I was two years old. Later, he was part of my college rock band in Delhi after which I started singing jingles.The first few years in Mumbai were frustrating as he drew a blank in all my attempts to break into the filmi circuit. Finally, he got a call to sing a one-minute jingle for Leslie Lewis for UTV which kickstarted his career. Till date KK has recorded in 8 Indian languages. Some of his wellknown and memorable jingles include Monte Carlo, Sunny Bajaj, TVS Scooty, Asian Paints, Coca Cola, Jumpin’, Yo Frooti, Colgate Gel, CloseUp, Cinthol, Amul Cheese , Pepsi ‘Yeh Dil Mange More’ and many more. And thats what he grew famous for prior to his national Indipop release.

Once KK had established himself in the ad circuit, commercial films weren’t far behind. He got lucky breaks with stalwarts like A R Rahman, Gulzar and Shekar Kapur.KK has recorded some breathtaking tracks for films. Title tracks for a few TV serials like Just Mohabbat and Hip Hip Hurray have also been sung by him.

KK's forte is pop and rock ballads and is known for his live performances. He genuinely feels that there is a lot of interactive energy that flows when the audience reacts to his music and singing--altogether another "high", so to say. He hopes to do many live concerts in the future with his four member band . His greatest dream of cutting his own album also came true with Pal. It was the result of many months of painstaking effort and studio time. The album was produced by Lezz, who also happens to be KK’s friend, philosopher and guide; and Mehboob penned the lyrics. All the tracks have been sung by KK. Pal is what KK is made of and what he firmly believes in.

Pal holds a very special place for KK as it was his first album. Released by Sony Music, the album was also the first Indian solo artist debut album from the company. The album was arranged, composed and produced by Lezz (Leslie Lewis) of Colonial Cousins. The lyrics have been written by Mehboob, who has also written lyrics for music directors like A R Rahman. KK is assisted by a band that comprise Karl Peters on bass, Kalyan Baruah on lead guitar and harmonica, Kurt Peters on drums and Rinku Rajput on keyboards.

Today, KK is one of the hottest names in the ad world. He has sung over 3,500 jingles including Monte Carlo, TVS Scooty, Amul, Britannia and Pepsi’s Yeh Dil Maange More in a span of four years.Contrary to popular opinion, he finds singing jingles is a major challenge. KK’s dream to sing for a Bollywood movie materialised when Vishal Bharadwaj asked him to sing ' Chhod Aaye Hum Vo Galiyaan'Chod Aaye Hum' in Gulzar’s Maachis. But what catapulted him into the big league was the wildly popular 'Tadap Tadap' in Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam. “It was one of the biggest hits of my career. When I performed at shows in the US, I always chose this song for the grand finale and it never failed to bring the house down,” reveals this singer who has had no formal training in music.

He claims he isn’t part of the jet-set-mustsee brigade ,No discos,no parties. KK loves to chill out in his cosy apartment at Yari Road with wife Jyoti and his two kids. “Jyoti is a pillar of strength and the sunshine factor in my life,” he says. Low-profile he certainly is. And down-to earth too. He still speaks in chaste Malayalam, remembers the sights and sounds of downtown Kerala and believes the best way to draw inspiration for emotions is to look at the poverty and people around us. It’s an attitude that’s certainly paying rich dividends on the work front. Shows, albums and of course, playback singing — it’s all happening for him.

Best Of K. K.: SongMovie Pyaar Ke Pal Pal O humdum Saathiya Awaarapan Banjarapan Jism Gori Gori.. Main hoon na

[courtesy:http://www.hindilyrix.com/singers/singer-k-k.html]
rhea
Shaan on KK...(Aruna Raman)

QUESTION :You entered the industry when there other singers like KK aspiring for a piece of the stardom pie. Did the competition worry you?

ANSWER (Shaan) : I believe in being happy with what I have; so being overshadowed never has bothered me. I have taken all that has come my way, and am grateful for what I have. I do not believe in rigid planning. I am flexible, and thank my stars for it.

As for KK, he is the closest friend that I have in the musical fraternity. He is a great singer, and I am very happy for him. We are both easygoing guys. We don't grab success by the throat. We take it as it comes.

rhea
One of Bollywood's most admired singers, KK, spoke to RJ Aanchal Maheshwari in an exclusive interview with Radio Jhankaar

Aanchal : KK, people these days look at ways of adding a K to their names and here you are with not one but two K's!
KK : Absolutely!!

Aanchal : Any particular reason for abbreviating Krishna Kumar Menon to KK? Do you think it's jazzier and adds to your image?

KK : Not really. I wasn't image conscious, still am not. But, it was purely a matter of ease of calling out my name which my friends thought and they've been calling me KK right from school. I just thought I'd stick to what people knew me as. That's the only reason. It is not remotely concerned with making it sound jazzy or whatever.

Aanchal : When you were singing jingles, you were a very well known name in the ad fraternity. You sang close to 3000 jingles. If I were to pick some of my favourite jingles, I know they were sung by you. But were you creatively satisfied then or did you crave more recognition?

KK: That aspect of creative satisfaction doesn't necessarily connote to people knowing your face. Because if you look at it, even in the case of playback singing, until 10 years ago people wouldn't perhaps know the faces of playback singers. They became legends, but honestly speaking, they were not splashed across television channels or the media. They were known more for their voice. When I was doing jingles, I was very satisfied because it was a creative high working with the best of the lot here in Mumbai. You needed to deliver a particular emotion in 30 seconds. It was a very focused atmosphere and yet, very friendly at the same time. It was a great experience to be involved in advertising for four to five years when I did about three and a half thousand jingles. It is a great place to begin.

Aanchal : You come across as a very natural singer, someone who sings straight from the heart. But tell me, does the thought of not being classically trained bother you or do you think it is just a block in the mind and maybe not having the classical training has helped you develop your own style?

KK : I will answer that in two parts. Scared? No, not really. Intimidated? Yes. When you meet people like Illayaraja who are Gods when it comes to classical music. When he called me to do a song, I was a little apprehensive because I know his songs are very heavy classically. And I got over it, went and met him, learnt the song, it took me a little longer than perhaps an average classically trained singer. But, I took my time and he was kind enough to give me that time. I told him, "Sir, if you don't think it is working then tell me, I will get up and leave because I don't want to waste your time". So, he told me, "Son, I have heard your songs and I think I can trust myself with the judgment I have made. This is a song you have to sing".

That kind of sealed the afternoon for me because I knew he had full faith in me. The just had to dig a little deeper inside. It was a raga based song which, for me, was a completely new thing but, I enjoyed it because it was an experience I had never gone through. I recorded the song and it went off very well. He gave me a compliment. Not a direct one, but he said, "Are you in a hurry? I have another song for you". I was completely bowled over because it was a great feeling to be with a maestro and do another song for him then. I did that as well and realized if you have music in you, perhaps classical music helps you to hone the finer intricacies but not necessarily help you emote.

For me, it is a big blank sheet and I could do whatever I want as long as it sounds good to the ear. If it sounds good to the ear, it will sound good to the heart and soul at the end of the day.

Aanchal : Emotionally correct.

KK : Yeah.

Aanchal : You have now started working on your second album. It has been a really long time since your first album Pal. What is the reason for such a long gap?

KK : I got into Hindi film music with tadap tadap which also happened at around the same time. And I was in this strange situation in life. Two paths, one leading this way and the other, leading another way. And I thought I'd take this one and see where the film thing goes because that song was really, really big. Actually, so was Pal, because when I do live shows, both the songs are requested almost equally. So, I thought I'd consolidate for a while in Hindi films. I thought I'd try and discover it for myself. I did lots of songs in Hindi films - slow, fast, disco, the whole gamut. And now after six years, I feel I have done a lot of what I wanted to, though the question of 'Oh, I have done enough' never arises. Now, I want to do something for myself again. So, the second album.

The entire interview was aired on Saturday, Aug 13 on Jhankaar Express on Radio Jhankar

http://www.worldspaceasia.com/modules.php?...feature&sid=458

rhea
and thanks for the pics and articles!!
will put some more up little later...

btw...sorry im a little slow...but how do u put pics in the post...add pics i mean...

rhea
VIDEO LINKS...

This is KK at Saarang (IIT Chennai) last year in Jan
It was a damn good show...i got to see only little of it....but it was soooper...he really got the crowd involved!

http://www.saarang.org/06/Gallery/Videos

You can download these: Pro Show 2005 - KK Part 1
Pro Show 2005 - KK Part 2
Nimii
Rhea I like Shaan too wink2.gif in fact I lubb him wub.gif

KK ke album se Pal wala gaana ko itna abuse kiya yeh Indian Idol contestantson ne ke mujhe jab bhi gaana sunn ne ke liye dil chahha I feel like punching those idiots fight.gif

N sad.gif
Nimii
QUOTE(rhea @ Feb 28 2006, 11:36 AM) *
and thanks for the pics and articles!!
will put some more up little later...

btw...sorry im a little slow...but how do u put pics in the post...add pics i mean...

When u click on add reply you have a huge box to post your message and at the bottom you can see a browse button with a clicking link saying Add this attachment.

You can upload pix that way biggrin.gif

N
rhea
QUOTE(Nimii @ Feb 28 2006, 11:40 AM) *

Rhea I like Shaan too wink2.gif in fact I lubb him wub.gif

KK ke album se Pal wala gaana ko itna abuse kiya yeh Indian Idol contestantson ne ke mujhe jab bhi gaana sunn ne ke liye dil chahha I feel like punching those idiots fight.gif

N sad.gif

haha....i agree....even yaaron!!
love KK's version muccchhh better!!!
Nimii
headbang.gif Ayyooooooooooooo I hate these peeps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fight.gif
rhea
KK. (Krishna Kumar) famous for songs like Tadap tadap ke , It's the time to disco and many more, has been living with his family in Versova for the last four years. He owns a 2BHK flat in the peaceful surroundings of Versova. His family includes his wife, Jyoti, their ten-year-old son Nakul and six-year-old daughter Taamara.

This star singer came to tinsel town nine years ago from Delhi. Says K.K., "Being a Delhi-ite I was used to a big open space around the house. In Mumbai we earlier stayed in Borivali when we felt the need of a more spacious house. Jyoti and I searched for a new house for about six months. We had Lokhandwala and Versova in mind but Lokhandwala has become more of a commercial area and roads there are bad. Comparatively Versova has a calm and quiet atmosphere."

Jyoti adds, "When we first saw this place, what struck us was the open space which could be a provision for our children to play, trees around the complex and the ample space for parking in the basement which is usually difficult to find in Mumbai. The builder is also quite reputed."

The couple chose not to get their house done by a professional designer. Says K.K., "Designers can give your house a classy and contemporary look but not a homely look. A house should make one feel relaxed and comfortable. Some people go for minimalist interiors but for me empty houses seem cold. We have used a variety of bright shades in the house and have preferred diffused lights rather than bright ones in order to give a warm feeling."

The décor has a touch of Rajasthani work as seen in the sofa and cushion covers. They have used chik for the windows. Jyoti has innovatively made valances out of sarees and has covered the chik with sarees from the outside. Says Jyoti, "We never aimed at making our house look different but the combination of chik and saree has turned out to be an innovative idea."

K.K. explains, "We always take each other's opinion before doing anything. We went together shopping for the interiors of our house. Jyoti is very particular about how things are kept. Being fond of painting, she has contributed by displaying some of her paintings on the walls. Jyoti shyly adds: "I want to change the painting in the living room. It was my first painting. Now I see many mistakes in it."

In chorus the couple says, "We do not have any particular theme for our house but we have given it a completely Indian look." K.K. continues saying, "We have given priority to comfort. We just pick up things we like and fit them in. Since the living room was already packed we did not keep a centre table so as to keep some space to move around freely. Complains Jyoti, "Nakul and he even play cricket in this small space in the centre of the living room."

Says K.K., "The recliner next to the balcony is my favourite place to relax. During the rains I love watching the greenery outside from the recliner."

Jyoti, on the other hand, says, "My favourite is the soft, cosy couch. It helped me recover from the sprain I once got in my neck."

K.K. adds, "My dearest possession is the music system, without which the house is incomplete. It is the best way to chill out. My other pastime is playing with my children and watching movies. Sometimes I also help Jyoti with cooking. Jyoti responds: "That happens rarely. When he is sitting idle he wants everybody to stop whatever they are doing to sit and chat with him!"

"Since we are not much into socializing and parties, we haven't made any special arrangements for parties and guests. Most of our guests are our close friends so we don't have to bother making provisions for them. They make themselves comfortable," says K.K. He feels that his personality is certainly reflected in his house. As he explains, "The way I like changes, I also keep changing the interiors instead of sticking to a particular style."

K.K. further reveals, "A friend of ours, a professional Feng-Shui practitioner, once suggested we keep a fish tank. Initially we followed this and even felt better for a few days but when maintaining it became a problem, we wrapped it up. It is the same with Vaastu. We follow these things to an extent but do not depend on them. In a flat one cannot even make too many changes. Now our kids are growing up so we feel the need of a bigger space.

"Although we are planning to shift to our new house, this house will still remain a dream come true. What appears today has been developed bit by bit over the years. All the things belonging to this house whether utilised or not are a part of me. It is just that our dream has now grown bigger."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/904928.cms
rhea
Excerpt from an article about ragging

For singer KK of "Dus Bahane" fame, even ragging was a song. "Since I got into DU's Kirorimal College under the music quota, all I ended up doing in the first few days was singing. The group Aerosmith those days was quite popular and I was often asked to sing its songs. Some of my friends had to act like a Bollywood hero or a heroine. Others were seen taking a round of the college campus with samosas balanced on their head and often stopping by to ask, `Please have a bite'."

http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/mp/2005...80603590400.htm
amicable
Even I like KK jump.gif and Shaan too smile1.gif

Nimz, apni choice kitni milti hai wink2.gif rolleyes.gif

Yaroon, Pyar ke pal are the best.. I can listen to them on and on and on..

And... Tadap tadap ke song is awesome.. so nicely sung by KK thumbs-up.gif
Nimii
Haan Ami!!!!!!!!!! We are so alike.. Identify thread mein bhi we blink alike doh.gif he he he!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ham do shayad kumbh ke mela mein ghum hogaye they!!!!!!!!! unsure.gif
amicable
lol.. yes Nimmz.. wink2.gif
Nimii
yayayaya ham do judwe tongue1.gif

Btw which the latest saucy number of KK??? I havent had the time to tune in for the new numbers being played on radiocity cry.gif

N cry.gif
Bawra Jay
Lau kar lau baat.... me came here thinking ke some thread on our GURU Kishore Kumar as KK....

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.