Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Your Views About The 20 -20 Game
Hamara Forums > General > Sports > Cricket
tracknest
I personally belive the 20-20 game is fun and should be recognised as official. It is wholesome fun and one can enjoy great strokeplay.

Do you guys believe it should be given official status. What are the positives and the negatives of this form of the game.

LEGENDRAFI
Track ji, I would agree with you that it is great fun and perhaps it's time that it is converted into international status. However, I am still doubtful about the longevity of the concept as I firmly believe that Cricket spread over a reasonably large number of overs is always better than one which is a compressed version. I think after a while, these small games tend to become monotonous and a sort of sameness seems to take over them. Very much like what is happening with 50 Overs ODI cricket today and also the increasing popularity of test cricket is also an indication!

The 50 overs games are following the same patterns these days making things a lot more predictable and thus less fun. So, as much I like 20-20, I do think that ICC needs to address some serious issues with the new rules in the 50 over game so that the game can become more interesting. Specially the Super Sub being selected after the toss (at the moment it is a ridiculous gamble) and ofcourse the first 15 overs should have been left alone and the Power Play should have been added to the remeanining 35 overs. That would make things a lot more challenging and intriguing. What say you?
tracknest
QUOTE(LEGENDRAFI @ Jan 10 2006, 09:03 PM) *

The 50 overs games are following the same patterns these days making things a lot more predictable and thus less fun. So, as much I like 20-20, I do think that ICC needs to address some serious issues with the new rules in the 50 over game so that the game can become more interesting. Specially the Super Sub being selected after the toss (at the moment it is a ridiculous gamble) and ofcourse the first 15 overs should have been left alone and the Power Play should have been added to the remeanining 35 overs. That would make things a lot more challenging and intriguing. What say you?

Some good points made LR ji. I agree with you on the above. I also beleive that if the bowling side takes too much time to complete their overs then the highest amount of runs scored in any over by the batting side should be awared to them besides getting to face all overs.

There also needs to be some regulation for captains who needlesley approach umpires to question their decisions. I am sorry to say but the match refree only acts if any player of the subcontinent is in question.

Correct me if i am wrong, it is disgusting to see that refrees like LLoyd, Chris Broad and Madhugale have shown inconsisitency when dealing with players. They are more at ease making harsh decisions against players from the subcontinent. I am speaking about the game of cricket in general and not the 20-20 stuff.

Crazy umpires like Dayl Hair had the audocity to nearly ruin of a cricketing legend, Murlai. Such umpires are a threat to the game and should be out.

I would like to see the second string sides from each country participate in a 20-20 world cup. Through this we could get some real talent for the 50 over game.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.