Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Geeta Dutt's Birthday
Hamara Forums > Legends > Geeta Dutt
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
gkshyam
Hi friends......

Frankly, I'm not sure about this...... But seems, yesterday was Geeta Dutt's birthday........... Radio City Mumbai featured a special programme on her yesterday night, and played most of her popular, lovely songs..... I did enjoy the programme, but the birthday part was news to me..... smile1.gif Maybe someone would know more about it????
Nimii
yes yes it was cry.gif and I forgot all about it cry.gif

N hairpull.gif headbang.gif
Ummer
Geeta Dutt was born on 23rd Nov? Oh My God! I didnt know that! sobsob.gif Thats when my eldest sister was born who is coming today, and I am going to see her after 10 years! I am so excited. clap2.gif clap1.gif blink1.gif jump.gif Happy Birthday - both to Geeta Dutt and my sister cake.gif cake.gif party2.gif party2.gif sunglasses2.gif sunglasses2.gif thumbs-up.gif thumbs-up.gif

Ummer.
gkshyam
WAhh Ummer Bhai!!!! thumbs-up.gif clap1.gif That's wonderful news!!!! Hope you have a great time with your Sis...... thumbs-up.gif
parag_sankla
Hi Geetaji fans

In 2 weeks from now (on 23rd November to be precise) , we have birth anniversary of our beloved singer. I accidentally came to know about this when searching on net.

Can we plan some special tribute to her on this occasion ?

Parag
parag_sankla
Well, let us wait for views on this topic. In the mean time, I found a 30 second clip of a rare solo of Geetaji

Song: raat mohe meetha meetha sapna aaya re
sapne men saajan aa gaye

Film: Tamaasha (1952)
Singer: Geeta Roy
Music: Manna Dey
Lyrics: Bharat Vyas

Please listen to this sweet beauty !

Does any one have full song ? If yes, could you please upload !

Thanks and best regards
Parag
parag_sankla
Mahesh bhai, any chance of getting this song in full ?

Please...

Parag
maheshks
Will upload on saturday.
august
wow!! Geeta's birthday! smile.gif smile.gif

parag,
you seem to be having many of her rare and popular songs.
why don't you organize a radio show?
i don't think you have ever hosted a radio show before. unsure.gif
if not, this will be great occasion to do so. smile.gif

( if you feel one particular song should be included and you don't have it, then you could request other members before the show to send it to you. it has worked this way before. smile.gif )

november 23 falls on thursday.

you can check if there is any slot free on that day. or if its not possible on working day, then weekend next to it.

also you could compose a quiz with questions about her songs, music directors, lyricists etc.

what do you say? smile1.gif
parag_sankla
Hi August, many thanks for your feedback. Yes, you are right, I have never played DJ/RJ here on HF radio.
I tried to go through the technicalities today morning. Lets see how it goes !

BTW, I have booked an event on that day.

Here is what I think we can plan (with help from every one)

1) Radio program (as rightly suggested)
2) Quiz ( I think one for fans and one for fanatics)
3) I thread dedicated to duets : Badalate Saathi ( A duet each with all possible combinations)
4) May be some more pictures of her (Zippoo ji has some pics of her, but he hasnt visited teh GD sub-forum in a while)

I will start working on the quiz and duets thing.

Please come forward with your suggestions and lets make it an eventful day !

Cheers
Parag
ravikumarofindia
Some Info on Geeta Dutt

CODE
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geeta_Dutt
Nimii
clap2.gif yes Parag great going! We look forward to the program and all the specials you are planning to do for the special day of a great singer! Anything we all can do, dont think twice, to ask.

N rolleyes.gif
balajigade
QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Nov 10 2006, 08:52 AM) *

Hi August, many thanks for your feedback. Yes, you are right, I have never played DJ/RJ here on HF radio.
I tried to go through the technicalities today morning. Lets see how it goes !

BTW, I have booked an event on that day.

3) I thread dedicated to duets : Badalate Saathi ( A duet each with all possible combinations)
4) May be some more pictures of her (Zippoo ji has some pics of her, but he hasnt visited teh GD sub-forum in a while)

I will start working on the quiz and duets thing.

Cheers
Parag

Radio program is the apt one, I feel. Badalte hue sathi is also OK.

--Balaji
Nimii
A small banner - to commemorate her birthday - Where is Biswas ji ? camera.gif Juz a suggestion, phew Biswasji dont blast me tongue1.gif
fiftysomeone

Cheers
Parag

How about a theme for the radio program - say 1 song from each year of her 25 year singing career from 1946 to 1971 (Do Bhai to Anubhav).
For those who cannot receive radio due to technical reasons, this could be accompanied by a thread with the songs played in the radio program.
Cheers and thanks for the initiative.
50Some1
mahesh
hi parag,
its very nice of you the initiate geetaji's 75th birth anniversary celebrations. geeta ji's biography was also to be released somewhere this month.
if you need any help from my side please let me know[any info,songs etc].i am also planning to upload some of her very rare songs not uploaded on any forum yet.
i will upload the tamasha song today in my geetanjali thread.
regards,
mahesh
parag_sankla
QUOTE(fiftysomeone @ Nov 10 2006, 07:34 PM) *

Cheers
Parag

How about a theme for the radio program - say 1 song from each year of her 25 year singing career from 1946 to 1971 (Do Bhai to Anubhav).
For those who cannot receive radio due to technical reasons, this could be accompanied by a thread with the songs played in the radio program.
50Some1

I think thats a great idea : 25 songs from 25 years ! Help would be needed from mahesh ji and maheshks ji
as I am not 100% sure about the years.

Parag

Shahrukh3000
i think the best tribute to geeta dutt is to make a radio program
with solo's and duet's
cinemaniac2
great idea Parag

we are with u

will u/l rare songs from 21st onward

if u nee any help pm me

cm2

Nimii
25 songs from 25 years !

A mix of solos and duets would be great like Parag and SRK suggest rolleyes.gif
parag_sankla

Lets have duets with all the singers with whom she has sung for a special thread called "Badalate Saathi"

I have counted 25 odd singers so far !

Parag
mahesh
QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Nov 10 2006, 07:43 PM) *

QUOTE(fiftysomeone @ Nov 10 2006, 07:34 PM) *

Cheers
Parag

50Some1

I think thats a great idea : 25 songs from 25 years ! Help would be needed from mahesh ji and maheshks ji
as I am not 100% sure about the years.

Parag

that's a nice idea.
infact i was thinking of starting a thread for geetaji's songs from 1946 ;similar to those running on lata and asha forum.
mahesh
parag_sankla
QUOTE(cinemaniac2 @ Nov 10 2006, 07:51 PM) *

great idea Parag

we are with u

if u nee any help pm me

cm2

CM2 ji, thanks for words of encouragement !

Its because of members like mahesh, dharmvir, maheshks, shuklas, rinmaj, yourself and many others that this forum is active and going great guns !

It will be great if we can find some of her rare pics as well ..

Where is zippo ji ?????

Parag
parag_sankla
QUOTE(mahesh @ Nov 10 2006, 07:41 PM) *

hi parag,
its very nice of you the initiate geetaji's 75th birth anniversary celebrations. geeta ji's biography was also to be released somewhere this month.
if you need any help from my side please let me know[any info,songs etc].i am also planning to upload some of her very rare songs not uploaded on any forum yet.
i will upload the tamasha song today in my geetanjali thread.
regards,
mahesh

In my opinion we all can make it a great event !
Thank you so much for your help as always !

Cheers
Parag

parag_sankla
Hi All, these are the possible co-singers I can think of for the special thread "Badalate Saathi".

1)Rafi
2)Mukesh
3) Kishore
4) Lata
5) Asha
6) Manna Dey
7) Hemant kumar
8) Talat
9) Shamshad
10) G M Durrani
11) Mahendra Kapoor
12) Meena Kapoor
13) Sudha Malhotra
14) Rajkumari
15) S D Batish
16) Surendra
17) Suraiya
18) Suman Kalyanpur
19) Ashok kumar
20) Khayyam
21) Usha Khanna
22) C Ramchandra
23) Zohra bai
24) Shankar das gupta
25) Shyam kumar
26) Balbir

Have I missed any singer ?

Parag
bawlachintu
QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Nov 9 2006, 08:25 PM) *

Hi Geetaji fans

In 2 weeks from now (on 23rd November to be precise) , we have birth anniversary of our beloved singer. I accidentally came to know about this when searching on net.

Can we plan some special tribute to her on this occasion ?

Parag

Sure, the show is welcome. Please go ahead.
We wish all success for the show. rolleyes.gif
parag_sankla
QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Nov 10 2006, 09:49 PM) *

Hi All, these are the possible co-singers I can think of for the special thread "Badalate Saathi".

1)Rafi
2)Mukesh
3) Kishore
4) Lata
5) Asha
6) Manna Dey
7) Hemant kumar
8) Talat
9) Shamshad
10) G M Durrani
11) Mahendra Kapoor
12) Meena Kapoor
13) Sudha Malhotra
14) Rajkumari
15) S D Batish
16) Surendra
17) Suraiya
18) Suman Kalyanpur
19) Ashok kumar
20) Khayyam
21) Usha Khanna
22) C Ramchandra
23) Zohra bai
24) Shankar das gupta
25) Shyam kumar
26) Balbir

Have I missed any singer ?

Parag

Has she sung any duets with

Sharda
Kamal Barot
Usha Mangeshkar
Ameerbai Karnataki
Pankaj Mullick
Sulochana Kadam

or any other singer I might have missed ?

Parag
parag_sankla
Mahesh ji

We have been hearing about her biography is going to be released for over six months now. Does any one has any concrete information like publisher, planned date of release etc ?

Parag
august
QUOTE(Nimii @ Nov 10 2006, 06:58 PM) *
A small banner - to commemorate her birthday - Where is Biswas ji ? camera.gif Juz a suggestion, phew Biswasji dont blast me tongue1.gif

we could put that banner on for that day or a week. (depends how long celebration goes) confused.gif

like we did @ 3rd year gala. smile.gif

we could make this for every singer. putting up one special banner for that singer in that particular week. smile.gif
august
parag,

we could get duets with multiple singers also.

for ex:

1) tere bina soona soona, man ka mera angana (lata-geeta-chitalkar) - Khdidki (1948) - c ram

2) lab pe fariyad hain (lata-geeta-rafi) Naach (1949) husnlal bhagatram

3) humne bhi pyar kiya pyar kiya (lata-geeta-rafi) Nakhare (1951)- hansaraj behl

4) kya batau mohabbat kya hian (lata-geeta-rafi) Parbat (1952) -shankar jaykishen

5) hothope tar naam ( lata-geeta-hemant)- Fashion (1957) - hemant kumar

6) hain aag hamare seene mein ( lata-geeta-mukesh,manna dey,mahendra)- Jis Desh Mein.. (1960)- SJ

7) uttar mein khada himalaya (lata-geeta-manna dey)- Pyar ki Pyas (1961)- vasant desai

(thanks to VN- Lata-Gandhar smile.gif )
Priya
Great ideas Parag. Look forward to the show. Do ask if U need any help or songs.
BTW is there no video of Geetaji available--singing live or in the studio? sad1.gif
It would be nice if U could showcase some of Geetaji's songs in other languages too in the show--esp her Bangla best.
august
i was going to suggest Geeta's marathi songs and went to our marathi section but
it seems you haven't got her marathi songs..

sigh.gif

unsure.gif how about putting the notice about her marathi songs in legendary singer's forum?

that way many non-marathi fans would notice it. smile.gif

Mukeshfan

Parag Bhai,

This is a real great initiative and I will
be full contributing you with this programm.
If you need my contribution just PM me.
I will be on the first row and tuned into your programm.

Warm Regards,
MUKESHFAN
AzgarKhan
Great effort Parag Bhai, I will be tuned to HF Radio.

Hope you do great bro smile1.gif

kistin
QUOTE(Nimii @ Nov 10 2006, 03:20 PM) *

clap2.gif yes Parag great going! We look forward to the program and all the specials you are planning to do for the special day of a great singer! Anything we all can do, dont think twice, to ask.

N rolleyes.gif

For the radio program, I'm second to Fifty Someone Ji's suggestion of "one or two hit songs per year" and understand that Parag Ji has started to work on this program already.

For the best tribute in her birthday, if you don't mind, I have an additional idea.

Is it possible to organize Lady Geeta's Forum as a standalone title on the first page of Hamara Forums (just like Asha, Kishore, Lata, M. Rafi & N. Jehan) ?

Just an idea ...
parag_sankla

Nimii,

I have sent a PM to Subir ji requesting his help on this.
Looking forward to hear from him..

Cheers
Parag
parag_sankla
QUOTE(Shahrukh3000 @ Nov 10 2006, 07:49 PM) *

i think the best tribute to geeta dutt is to make a radio program
with solo's and duet's

Shahrukh bhai, thanks for your idea. Details are being worked out for the radio program. We will surely have solos, duets and trios

Cheers
Parag
parag_sankla
QUOTE(august @ Nov 11 2006, 01:04 AM) *

i was going to suggest Geeta's marathi songs and went to our marathi section but
it seems you haven't got her marathi songs..

sigh.gif

unsure.gif how about putting the notice about her marathi songs in legendary singer's forum?

that way many non-marathi fans would notice it. smile.gif

August, revived the requests for these songs on this forum as well as Regional music -> Marathi forums.

Let us hope some one comes up with these 2 songs :

1) Mukya manache bol
2) Jaa saang Laxmana

Cheers
Parag
parag_sankla
QUOTE(cinemaniac2 @ Nov 10 2006, 07:51 PM) *

great idea Parag

we are with u

if u nee any help pm me

cm2

CM2 ji, we all will be looking forward to your uploads. Thanks so much for your kind words !

Cheers
Parag
parag_sankla
QUOTE(Priya @ Nov 11 2006, 12:45 AM) *

Great ideas Parag. Look forward to the show. Do ask if U need any help or songs.
BTW is there no video of Geetaji available--singing live or in the studio? sad1.gif
It would be nice if U could showcase some of Geetaji's songs in other languages too in the show--esp her Bangla best.

Hi Priya, many thanks for kind words. One pankha can truly understand the feelings of another pankha !

Bawra Jay had mentioned sometime back that he had some rare pics and clippings of Geetaji, but I havent heard from him since long. I will PM him again on this

Rinki has uploaded quite a number of her Bangla songs. It would be graet to include a few of them in the radio program, esp my special favorite : Nishi raat banka chand

Cheers
Parag
Nimii
QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Nov 11 2006, 05:34 AM) *

Nimii,

I have sent a PM to Subir ji requesting his help on this.
Looking forward to hear from him..

Cheers
Parag

Parag Biswasji is trustworthy and has never let us down in the past and I can assure you he wouldnt let u down either. We meet very few such dependable ppl these days smile.gif

N rolleyes.gif
mirsa
Hi Parag Ji,

Very good idea to have a radio prog. and other special uploads.

I shall contribute whatever I have.

Due to ID problems I am not using mohd2004 and hence this is my new ID.
parag_sankla
QUOTE(mirsa @ Nov 11 2006, 09:47 AM) *

Hi Parag Ji,

Very good idea to have a radio prog. and other special uploads.

I shall contribute whatever I have.

Due to ID problems I am not using mohd2004 and hence this is my new ID.

Mohd bhai, many thanks for your inputs. I did try to PM you on that ID but it failed. OK, now we know !

Cheers
Parag
sbiswas2005
Nimii,

Thank you so much for your complements.. I got Parag's PM. I will feel myself lucky to help you all..

I love this legend singer very much not only for her talent and sweet voice..also she is a sweet bengali lady...I must prepare some banners for her birth anniversary...

But I could not understand that after preparing those banners where have I to send for approval? To u or to Parag or both?

So far my knowledge is concerned that she was born in 1930..So it will be her 77th birthday..Am I right? Because I will mention this also in my banner...

Thanks and regds

Subir
parag_sankla
Subir ji, please send the banners to Nimii or Admin (Pradeep ji). They will review the same.
I am just an humble initiator of this special event.

Thanks for echoing my feelings about Geetaji..

Thanks so much for your support

Cheers
Parag
Nimii
But I could not understand that after preparing those banners where have I to send for approval? To u or to Parag or both?

Simple Biswasji.

a ) The size of the banner should not be greater than the main banner on the top.
b ) you can send the copies to Parag/Pradeep(the admin id) - they are the best judges for it.

Rest will follow naturally! Cant wait to see the banner coming up!

Cheers,
N smile.gif
ps: You deserved the compliments, and I didnt have to think twice to give it to you, Biswasji. Thank you for all that you do for HF.
parag_sankla

For the radio program, I'm second to Fifty Someone Ji's suggestion of "one or two hit songs per year" and understand that Parag Ji has started to work on this program already.

For the best tribute in her birthday, if you don't mind, I have an additional idea.

Is it possible to organize Lady Geeta's Forum as a standalone title on the first page of Hamara Forums (just like Asha, Kishore, Lata, M. Rafi & N. Jehan) ?

Just an idea ...

Hi Kistin ji, yes I am working on selection of songs for the radio program. Will be updating on this thread soon.

Parag
usha
QUOTE(kistin @ Nov 11 2006, 05:23 AM) *

N rolleyes.gif

Just an idea ...

I would second that request, in fact Pradeep had this idea earlier but it did not come thro' then..
parag_sankla
QUOTE(usha @ Nov 12 2006, 11:36 AM) *

QUOTE(kistin @ Nov 11 2006, 05:23 AM) *

N rolleyes.gif

Just an idea ...

I would second that request, in fact Pradeep had this idea earlier but it did not come thro' then..

Usha ji, there was a lot of discussion on this topic and finally the conclusion was it is not possible due to various reasons.

Hence I have stopped to pursue this !

Now it is upto the admins to decide on this.

Thanks for echoing sentiments of all the fans of Geetaji

Cheers
Parag
mahesh
geetaji's anniversary is the right time to have geetaji back on the front page.somewhere in march -april 2005,it was decided by the administrators to have geetaji on the front page after repeated requests from some of us.she was there for about a week ,then the legendary singers sub-forum was started and geetaji's name was included amongst them.
i think her 76th birth anniversary would be the right time[and tribute] to have her back on front page.

for kind consideration of pradeeepji.

regards,
mahesh
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.