Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: West Indies Should Be Stripped Of Test Status
Hamara Forums > General > Sports > Cricket
tracknest
It was indeed pathetic to see the Australian team rejoice after winning the test. Well one may argue that they should after beating a team so comprehensively but I would would be amazed that the Aussies did not belive that the West Indies are pussy cats of cricket.

They woud have had got a tougher resistance playing against a state side within Australia. If Brazil does not have to play Fiji, Bangladesh, Papa New Guinea in a soccer match the the same rules must apply for cricket.

Teams like West Indies, Zimbabwe, Bangladesh , Namibia etc should only be allowed to play with each other or at most the last ranking team from other establised cricketing teams in test cricket.

Test Cricket will soon become a joke if such one sided matches continue to happen. The saddest part is that a team like West Indies have not improved in the last years of drubbing they have got. Most teams have shown improvement over the last 10 years including Bangla Desh who have beaten India, Pakistan and even Australia in a one day game.

Lara must find another country to play for, I am sure there will be a few takers.
Anil4
I wonder if Shivnarine Chanderpaul made the correct decision in sending Australia to bat first having won the toss?

I also thought Brian Lara was badly done by the umpire's decison in getting a LBW decision in the first innings, similar to what Sachin had to endure on the same ground two years ago.

Chanderpaul looked out of sorts in both innings, but Chris Gayle and Ramnaresh Sarwan are both capable of better performances than what they produced. I thought the young wicketkeeper, RamDin played well in the first innings, and so did the bowler Collymore.

Tracknest, I agree that a second Australian side would provide tougher competition to the Australian side than most test nations.

I wonder how the South Africans will go.
YaarMere
The heading is a little strong, isnt it?
tracknest
QUOTE(Bhirgu @ Nov 7 2005, 04:47 AM) *

I wonder if Shivnarine Chanderpaul made the correct decision in sending Australia to bat first having won the toss?

I also thought Brian Lara was badly done by the umpire's decison in getting a LBW decision in the first innings, similar to what Sachin had to endure on the same ground two years ago.

Chanderpaul looked out of sorts in both innings, but Chris Gayle and Ramnaresh Sarwan are both capable of better performances than what they produced. I thought the young wicketkeeper, RamDin played well in the first innings, and so did the bowler Collymore.

Tracknest, I agree that a second Australian side would provide tougher competition to the Australian side than most test nations.

I wonder how the South Africans will go.

Thanks for your feedback. It is also a question of pride. I belive The South Africans have a lot of that and should fair better. The Indians were amonst the first to show that the Australian team could be beaten. It was great to see the Indians peform against the Aussie team both in Australia and in India.

Its time other teams / cricketers realise that the bench mark to qualify as a good team/ player is to have success against the the Aussies.
Anil4
Tracknest

I've lived in Australia for the last 13 years, and must say that in that time, no team has come close to dominating the Australians as the Indian side of two years ago. Although the series was drawn, the Indians always had the upper hand one felt, and Ganguly in Brisbane, Dravid in Adelaide, Sehawag in Melbourne and Sachin in Sydney and not forgetting ,VVS twice, produced centuries of real class.

What a summer of cricket that was!

Anil

tracknest
QUOTE(Bhirgu @ Nov 7 2005, 07:03 AM) *

Tracknest

I've lived in Australia for the last 13 years, and must say that in that time, no team has come close to dominating the Australians as the Indian side of two years ago. Although the series was drawn, the Indians always had the upper hand one felt, and Ganguly in Brisbane, Dravid in Adelaide, Sehawag in Melbourne and Sachin in Sydney and not forgetting ,VVS twice, produced centuries of real class.

What a summer of cricket that was!

Anil

Anil Bhai

Completely agree with you. No team in the world past or present could have forced a win on a team that has batted first and scored over 500 runs.

The Indian team achieved this matchless feat and that too in Australia, this will never ever be matched again. IMO indian team has the most talented players in the world and the appointment of Greg Chappell is the step in the right direction to achieve world class results.

Laxman and Sachin have great records against Australia and although Sachin has earned the status of off all time great, its sad to see Laxman always underrated by the Indian selectors.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.