Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hf Radio
Hamara Forums > Music > HF Radio
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
shivani
Pradeep

Go to this page.
http://www.shoutcast.com/ .. Any and all stations listed here are accessible.

QUOTE(BJ)
Maybe she is CONFUZED with her harddisk Playlist playing in Winamp with some shoutcast station

spank.gif spank.gif spank.gif spank.gif
Pradeep
Shivani, please name the stations that you are able to play. There are plenty of them listed there which run on various ports. So I need to see whatz the port that is available 4 u.
Pradeep
QUOTE(Bawra Jay @ Oct 17 2005, 11:57 PM) *

QUOTE(Pradeep @ Oct 17 2005, 12:18 PM) *

Shivani, can you please let me know which station on shoutcast you are able to play without any problem?

Maybe she is CONFUZED with her harddisk Playlist playing in Winamp with some shoutcast station wink2.gif .... LOL.. JK ...

yeah Jay.. Girls and Softwares.. u know.
shivani
Pasting one of the links..
http://64.236.34.4:80/stream/1040
I think the port number might be an issue. Tried a few stations and te ones at 8000 are not playing it seems.
Apart from this, the 80's hit and Smooth Jazz is what I can easily tune into.

yeah Jay.. Girls and Softwares.. u know.

True. e dont know anything about software/ driving/ anything else that might have to do with logic. Poor helpless creatures who wouldnt be able to walk in a straight line if not for menfolk around us smile1.gif.
Pradeep
Yes port 80 is the default http port... currently hamaraforums site is on that port. Let me see if I can request for another IP address and route the radio station on the port 80 on that IP.
rom
QUOTE(shivani @ Oct 18 2005, 03:00 PM) *

Poor helpless creatures who wouldnt be able to walk in a straight line if not for menfolk around us smile1.gif.

laugh.gif
Well said! clap1.gif
So very true. laugh.gif
Priya
Would like to know if anyone with dial up is able to enjoy the radio properly. I tried listening a few days back and sound is excellent but real player stops every 5-10 secs and says connectong 99% so I virtually hear just 1/4 of the song; with media player it just goes on buffering and does not open at all and I do not use winamp so did not try that. I know Tji and co are all gung ho for 96 kbs or higher but does 24-32 kbs allow dial up users to listen without breaks? Is there an easier way for us deprived souls?

Also Pradeep, the chat room takes a long time to load again I guess only for dial up users. Is there a way to make it 'lighter'? I use the small window option. Phir bhi takes ages to load.
Pradeep
Priya, it depends on what rate you connect at. Earlier I spoke of ACCPLUS and even streamed couple of songs using that. At 48kbps you can enjoy CD Quality songs. At 24 kbps you can enjoy fair quality song with good amount of stereo. Though when it comes to old recordings I don't find difference in 64 and 128kbps.

Speaking of chat, I don't think that is *only* for broadband. Probably first time load would take time since it has to load sounds, graphics etc. The negetive side of flash is it eats up RAM. So incase the system is slow, the system is dead.

As of now, there is no light version to the chat.
visuja
sad.gif for Priya. We all miss you very much in the chat room. ball2.gif
Take broadband / faster connection jaldi se...... tab tak me not joining in chat ! impossible.gif
(*unless Lata and co succeed in their EBs... which I suspect they would ! doh.gif*)

GKS too couldnt listen to the streaming radio a few times he tried, though he was able to use the chat feature. I suspect he's not on a dial-up though. unsure.gif

Pradeep
The radio streams on port 8000. If that port is blocked by the ISP or the firewall. The software will not be able to connect. I am trying to get it to run on port 80 which is generally allowed/opened most of the times.
Priya
QUOTE(visuja @ Oct 18 2005, 05:20 PM) *

sad.gif for Priya. We all miss you very much in the chat room. ball2.gif
Take broadband / faster connection jaldi se...... tab tak me not joining in chat ! impossible.gif
(*unless Lata and co succeed in their EBs... which I suspect they would ! doh.gif*)

GKS too couldnt listen to the streaming radio a few times he tried, though he was able to use the chat feature. I suspect he's not on a dial-up though. unsure.gif

Hum chat par kaise aayein Vivek. By the time I load, half the members have chatted and logged off. When I make one post others have made 10!!!! And aap sab ke timings alag hai. U all chat at my work time or bedtime. cry.gif Hum kitne akele ho gaye hain. sad1.gif
unni
QUOTE(priya @ Oct 18 2005, 09:31 AM) *

Hum chat par kaise aayein Vivek. By the time I load, half the members have chatted and logged off. When I make one post others have made 10!!!! And aap sab ke timings alag hai. U all chat at my work time or bedtime. cry.gif Hum kitne akele ho gaye hain. sad1.gif

Ever considered the possibility they may be avoiding you? Can you blame us?
Click to view attachment
Talaikya
Unni ji look.gif

Priya - Chat bhi nahin chalta hain? cry.gif

We miss you!!! :phoot phoot ke roying:

Waise I have no problems with any streaming rate as long as it sounds reasonable to the ears, that's all I ask. There were several discussions where people said 96kbps Stereo was the optimum rate, but if it isn't working for the majority and if streaming at a lower rate sounds decent, I am all for it! Waise main tau ek hi hoon na? Mere kehne se kya hota hain?? tongue.gif (Bas blame me for everything!!! stomping.gif)
Priya
QUOTE(unni @ Oct 18 2005, 08:24 PM) *

QUOTE(priya @ Oct 18 2005, 09:31 AM) *

Ever considered the possibility they may be avoiding you? Can you blame us?
Click to view attachment

Unni, Vivek said he missed me on chat. look.gif And Tji, thanks. Ur a darling!!!! love.gif No more than chat not chaloing, it is the timings. I miss being part of the fun too. sad1.gif

Dekha Unni, mere bhi achche friends hai jo mujhe pasand karte hain. As for U, U stop jumping and take this: Click to view attachment
Pradeep
Priya I am playing a 24kbps ACC Plus Stream. Let me know if you are still getting the buffer messages.

I suggest you download winamp 5.1 from winamp.com. Probably that can handle better.
Priya
I think I have winamp on my comp--just not installed. Will try it out. Aaj bahut neend aa rahi hai after my trip.
Thanks for the tip.
Pradeep
Okay then let me know when you want to test it. I'll stream it at higher rate now for others. Chow. Gnite.
Bawra Jay
Pradeep , from reading all this post I think they facing more of a buffering problem than port problem. Well they can always test the ports by pinging or telneting into it.

I have seen people streaming at higher rate , once saw the stream even at 96kbps , which would sure cause buffering problem for low bandwidth users.
bibhas
Pradeep,
How does one become a DJ if they're using a Mac and not a PC ? Will the same instructions work ?
Bibhas
Pradeep
QUOTE(Bawra Jay @ Oct 18 2005, 11:17 PM) *
Pradeep , from reading all this post I think they facing more of a buffering problem than port problem. Well they can always test the ports by pinging or telneting into it.

I have seen people streaming at higher rate , once saw the stream even at 96kbps , which would sure cause buffering problem for low bandwidth users.

Jay, Shivani is facing the port problem. Other than 80, nothing seems to be working for her. But I tried to map the port to a new IP.. with no luck. On one system, I wonder how to configure to share ports by two different server softwares. I don't want to take huge risk since HF is quiet dominant and popular on port 80.

For buffering errors only solution is either the member should go for broadband connection or install winamp 5.1 and stick to AACPlus stream where 48kbps is equal to 128kbps in mp3. I find AACPlus solution far better since it is free and works on even old systems.

If we are going with aacplus, we need to ensure that every DJ streams only accplus streams so that all the listeners can enjoy with winamp 5.1.
Pradeep
QUOTE(bibhas @ Oct 19 2005, 12:54 AM) *
Pradeep,
How does one become a DJ if they're using a Mac and not a PC ? Will the same instructions work ?
Bibhas

Bibhas, there is no shoutcast source plugin for winamp on MAC. I need to google and check if there are any 3rd party releases. Will check it up during the weekends.
Bawra Jay
QUOTE(Pradeep @ Oct 18 2005, 09:32 PM) *

But I tried to map the port to a new IP.. with no luck. On one system, I wonder how to configure to share ports by two different server softwares. I don't want to take huge risk since HF is quiet dominant and popular on port 80.

You simply cant, you will have port conflicts and lets assume if there was such a way , and if anything happens it would bring down the whole Website serving at port 80. I assume right now you sharing 2 IPs on same server using different ports , which should be fine.

Bawra Jay
QUOTE(Pradeep @ Oct 18 2005, 09:35 PM) *

QUOTE(bibhas @ Oct 19 2005, 12:54 AM) *
Pradeep,
Bibhas

Bibhas, there is no shoutcast source plugin for winamp on MAC. I need to google and check if there are any 3rd party releases. Will check it up during the weekends.

Bhibhas / Pradeep ,

Download the SHOUTcast DSP Plug-In for Mac OS X, Linux and FreeBSD

This archive is for advanced users who wish to source content on their Mac OS X, Linux or FreeBSD servers and feed the audio into a SHOUTcast DNAS instead of using Windows. The Linux version permits input from a soundcard in addition to MP3 files on disk. Please refer to the example .conf file included with the archive for more information on using this beta unsupported method of broadcasting.

To download these tools, please click :- http://www.shoutcast.com/downloads/sc_trans_posix_040.tgz [filesize - 226k] Instructions are included with the installer.
Pradeep
QUOTE(Bawra Jay @ Oct 19 2005, 09:17 PM) *
QUOTE(Pradeep @ Oct 18 2005, 09:32 PM) *

But I tried to map the port to a new IP.. with no luck. On one system, I wonder how to configure to share ports by two different server softwares. I don't want to take huge risk since HF is quiet dominant and popular on port 80.

You simply cant, you will have port conflicts and lets assume if there was such a way , and if anything happens it would bring down the whole Website serving at port 80. I assume right now you sharing 2 IPs on same server using different ports , which should be fine.

Jay, port forwarding kaam aagaya yaar smile1.gif Request is sent to port 80 on the IP 66.98.199.117, the firewall forwards to port 8000.

Shivani, please test again with this address: http://radio.hamaraforums.com or http://66.98.199.117 Please open these directly in winamp. If they dont connect add :80 to the address. Let me know...

Regards,

Bawra Jay
You know kya Pradeep , maybe just co-incidence as I will keep checking out as other people too DJ-ing today... The thing I noticed was first time I got buffering pause.. u think this could be due to port forwarding by firewall ????
Pradeep
I doubt it since I was connected to port 80 and never experienced any such issues. Lets keep an eye on this. But I doubt it, since most are connected to port 8000 and only one or two on port 80 concurrent connections.
Pradeep
The initial post on this thread has been updated with the help (contributed by Azgar) for connecting to the stream using winamp 5.1.

Pradeep
Heard the song on HF Radio under MukeshFan's DJing ... Labhon Se Chum Lun - Aashtha ... kaunsa phillum?
shivani
HURRAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Thanks a lot Pradeep love.gif
I can finally listen
aaj shaam unni unkill ke oollldddd classics sunenge rollf.gif
Mukeshfan
Pradeep the song what you mentioned is from the movie Aastha (1997)
And lyrics of Gulzar.

Directed by Basu Bhattacharya
Cast: Rekha .... Mansi
Om Puri .... Amar
Dinesh Thakur .... Dinesh
Anwesha Bhattacharya .... Amita
Sagar Arya .... Vivek
Daisy Irani .... Reena
Shruti Patel .... Neeti
Ishita Manjarekar .... Pappi
Konica Bajpai .... Shalini
Navin Patel .... Pappi's father
Navin Nischol .... Mr. Dutt (as Navin Nischal)
Taboo

STORY:
Mansi and Amar have been married for years, and have a daughte r by this marriage. Amar is employed full-time, while Mansi looks after the household chores and their daughter. Amar earns a steady income, which enables the family to live comfortably, but they cannot afford to be extravagant at all. One day while buying shoes for her daughter, Mansi realizes that shoes are really expensive, and wants to leave the store without purchasing them. Another woman customer named Reena offers to pay for the shoes, as she feels sorry for Mansi. Mansi reluctantly accepts Reena's offer to pay for the shoes, not realizing that Reena has paid for these shoes with a secret agenda that will take Mansi to a whole new world, and change her life forever.

And yess the song is realy a wonderfull song..
Mukeshfan
Guys I am playing now on the RADIO,
Give me a some responce how you like the music and how it sounds...

And also what time we should play and what kindda music
Bawra Jay
The quality is excellent Mukeshfan and the songs are as well nice... May I ask , till how long you going to be playing radio ?
Pradeep
QUOTE(Mukeshfan @ Oct 22 2005, 07:21 AM) *
Pradeep the song what you mentioned is from the movie Aastha (1997)
And lyrics of Gulzar.

Directed by Basu Bhattacharya
Cast: Rekha .... Mansi
Om Puri .... Amar
Dinesh Thakur .... Dinesh
Anwesha Bhattacharya .... Amita
Sagar Arya .... Vivek
Daisy Irani .... Reena
Shruti Patel .... Neeti
Ishita Manjarekar .... Pappi
Konica Bajpai .... Shalini
Navin Patel .... Pappi's father
Navin Nischol .... Mr. Dutt (as Navin Nischal)
Taboo

STORY:
Mansi and Amar have been married for years, and have a daughte r by this marriage. Amar is employed full-time, while Mansi looks after the household chores and their daughter. Amar earns a steady income, which enables the family to live comfortably, but they cannot afford to be extravagant at all. One day while buying shoes for her daughter, Mansi realizes that shoes are really expensive, and wants to leave the store without purchasing them. Another woman customer named Reena offers to pay for the shoes, as she feels sorry for Mansi. Mansi reluctantly accepts Reena's offer to pay for the shoes, not realizing that Reena has paid for these shoes with a secret agenda that will take Mansi to a whole new world, and change her life forever.

And yess the song is realy a wonderfull song..

Thank you Mukeshfan. You've been more generous than I wished bow.gif
Akhtar
Anyway we can change the name of the stream, from HF RADIO DJ ??????? www.hamaraforums.com/8000:

Cant we have something like

DJ ????? [Name of Song]?
Pradeep
You mean you want only... the following without any listener count?

DJ <djname> <streamtitle> ?
Akhtar
Yes please ( i mean in the actual media player)
Pradeep
Done Akhtar.
Pradeep
I've added a backup stream. When there are no DJs online, the backup stream is shown for members to listen and enjoy. It shows up as HF Music. Whenever a DJ comes back online, the backup stream is hidden away streaming the content that DJ wishes to stream.

This is to make sure HF is always online and streaming for the listeners smile1.gif

HF Music stream is always ON. If any member wishes to directly listen to it point your player to http://66.98.198.243:80/ or http://music.hamaraforums.com:80/

NJoy!
Akhtar
Current Listeners:
0 out of 32

sad1.gif

lol
Pradeep
Here,

IPB Image
Akhtar
whats that ?
Pradeep
kerchief
Akhtar
oh right its a snotrag.
Pradeep
What is that? :scratch: :scratch:
nm007
QUOTE(Pradeep @ Oct 24 2005, 08:52 AM) *

What is that? :scratch: :scratch:

new word for me too, but looks like a rag for snot (phlegm) biggrin.gif
Akhtar
spot on nm!
Bawra Jay
QUOTE(Pradeep @ Oct 23 2005, 11:34 AM) *

I've added a backup stream. When there are no DJs online, the backup stream is shown for members to listen and enjoy. It shows up as HF Music. Whenever a DJ comes back online, the backup stream is hidden away streaming the content that DJ wishes to stream.

This is to make sure HF is always online and streaming for the listeners smile1.gif

HF Music stream is always ON. If any member wishes to directly listen to it point your player to http://66.98.198.243:80/ or http://music.hamaraforums.com:80/

NJoy!

Does this works , even when someone is streaming ? I tried using the above URL in winamp , it just times out after long awaiting for connection message.......

Pradeep
I switched it off yesterday morning as it was creating confusion between HF Radio and HF Music. I'll have to place them seperately. Will work on it soon.
Anil4
QUOTE(Pradeep @ Oct 25 2005, 07:07 AM) *

I switched it off yesterday morning as it was creating confusion between HF Radio and HF Music. I'll have to place them seperately. Will work on it soon.

BJ and Pradeep

In the immortal words of Q (from James Bond movies) " Not perfected yet".

Anil

Nimii
shocked.gif

NOW WHAT IS HF RADIO AND HF MUSIC headbang.gif

N hairpull.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.