Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hf Radio
Hamara Forums > Music > HF Radio
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Pradeep
Click to view attachment

Hamara Forums Radio

As most of you all know that HF Radio has been installed on Hamara Forums. HF Radio is available on the index page of the board, placed way down below Board Statistics.

Listening to Hamara Forums Radio

You can tune into the stream with winamp player. As the stream is ACCPLUS encoded, only winamp player above 5.08 versions are supported. Using winamp I was able to successfully tune into the stream from behind firewall at the office and at home.

Download the full winamp for free from http://www.winamp.com/player/free.php After you have downloaded and installed latest version of Winamp. The following steps were contributed by Azgar Khan (thanks Azgar)
  1. Open Winamp Player
  2. Click on File
  3. Click on Play URL
  4. Type http://www.hamaraforums.com:8000 . (If you are behind a firewall, type http://radio.hamaraforums.com:80 )
  5. Click on Open
IPB Image

HF Radio Schedules

Here is a thread dedicated to book a scheduled program on HF Radio. The thread is updated daily with all the upcoming and changed events.

How to become a DJ?

You can also become a DJ on Hamara Forums Radio. Only one DJ can play a time. To become a DJ, ensure that you have the latest winamp player installed.

1. Launch Winamp
  2. Press Ctrl + P or from the menu select Options -> Preferences
  3. From the listing on the left, select DSP/Effect
  4. Select Nullsoft SHOUTcast Source DSP v1.9.0 . If this is not listed, you need to install this plugin. The plugin is available at http://www.shoutcast.com/downloads/shoutca...9-0-windows.exe. Download this file and install it.
  5. In the opened dialog SHOUTcast Source
  6. Click on Encoder tab.
  7. Select ACC+ Encoder from the Encoder Type select box. The Current bitrate will be set to 48kbps. If you need to change it, click on the button, Encoder Settings.
  8. Click on Output tab, enter hamaraforums.com in the Address, 8000 in the Port. Get the password from the admins and enter that password in the Password text box.
  9. Click on Yellowpages button and check Make this server public, enter your name or a friendly DJ Name in the Description, http://www.hamaraforums.com in the URL textbox and Bollywood in Genre.
  10. Click on Connect button on the top. Now you should be able to connect if everything goes correct. If some other DJ is connected, you will not be able to connect to the server.
  11. Once you are connected to the server, simply select the files in the winamp and play it.

The songs that you play will be streamed to the server and listeners connected to the server will be able to listen to your stream.

Mix your voice in the songs you play
  1. Attach the microphone in the mic socket of the sound card.
  2. Click the input tab in the SHOUTcast Source.
  3. Select Soundcard Input from the Input Device.
  4. The Soundcard Mixer will be shown below.
  5. Click and hold the button Push to Talk and speak into the microphone. You will see the music volume will automatically go down. After you are through with all the talks, release the button.
  6. Select back Winamp from the Input Device select box for the rest of the song to proceed with 100% quality and volume.
Feel free to raise any questions you may have.

Regards,
AzgarKhan
WOW great info Pradeep Bhai, I want to be a DJ.

AND

Thanks for HamaraForum RADIO. HF is getting better and better everyday.
YaarMere
Pradeep bhai, is Winamp a must? I mean will nothing else do?
Pradeep
YM, the Nullsoft SHOUTcast Source DSP v1.9.0 seems to be working only with winamp. I havent tested it on other players. I am unable to get JetAudio to use this plugin. So I guess winamp is a must to be a DJ.
AzgarKhan
The DJ slot is always occupied mad.gif mad.gif
YaarMere
Afs, u have this Winamp? If yes, then get on n start playin sum Rafi. That last person has been playin Geeta Dutt 4 the past hour.
Anil4
I listened to it last night after getting instructions from Pradeep. Fantastic experience and the song from 12O'clock was great. A big thank you to Pradeep.

You are right Azgar Bhai. Hamara Forums is certainly getting better all the time. We have come a long way from the old Yahoo MAS days.

YM, am not sure but when you do your stint as a DJ, can you stream all those lovely dialogues from movies or this radio only meant to play songs?

Anil
YaarMere
QUOTE(Bhirgu @ Oct 12 2005, 12:58 AM) *

YM, am not sure but when you do your stint as a DJ, can you stream all those lovely dialogues from movies or this radio only meant to play songs?

Anil

I dont have Winamp cry.gif

Which dialogues Anil? Dilip 1s? They are already up.
Pradeep
QUOTE(AzgarKhan @ Oct 12 2005, 12:15 AM) *
The DJ slot is always occupied mad.gif mad.gif

Lets create a schedule Azgar bhai smile1.gif
Pradeep
QUOTE(YaarMere @ Oct 12 2005, 05:35 AM) *
QUOTE(Bhirgu @ Oct 12 2005, 12:58 AM) *

Anil

I dont have Winamp cry.gif

Which dialogues Anil? Dilip 1s? They are already up.

YM you givin up so early? Winamp is available on net for free.. simply install it?
YaarMere
I'm weird Pradeep bhai. I have on my system: Creative player, Real player, WM player & VCL player. I just cant make myself dl another player...
Pradeep
Not even to stream Rafi songs?
Pradeep
I've lined up couple of Kishore Da's evergreen songs for all our listener's pleasure
YaarMere
I will. I want to play my taste of Rafi. I'll dl n join up. We need to sort out the schedule tho, I dont want to be playing on the same day as others play 'you know who'.

PS: Nice!
YaarMere
We sud have a booking system, no1 is going to get on at this rate + there sud be a way of forcingly taking the mic!!
NATURE
Pradeep ... ek baat bataao .. "How will be the Idea ?" .. that a Person will host our HF Radio show ?
She / He will come online and will speak something and tell us which song / which movie / Director / Singer
Informations ... Is that possible ? We can arrange some advance booking like that person will host from
2-2.15 PM ... if everything goes okay with him / her ... How is the Idea ? It will be like FM / VIVIDH BHARTI ..

Sambhab hogaa kya ? Agar hogaa to keisaa hogaa ? Jaldi se bataanaa ... Taataa !!!
Sambhab ho yaa Asambhab hume Aapki ye "HF Radio" Idea Bahut pasand aayaa ...
We all liked it very much ... Surfing HF / NET with sounds ....
Pradeep
I am experimenting with AACPlus encoder. Could any one with winamp 5.1 please tell me if they are getting clear cd quality at 48kbps? I'll keep this stream alive for the next 30 mins.
IDOL
thanks pradeep ji and other admins..............brilliant radio, i am listenin now
IDOL
QUOTE(Pradeep @ Oct 12 2005, 08:49 PM) *

I am experimenting with AACPlus encoder. Could any one with winamp 5.1 please tell me if they are getting clear cd quality at 48kbps? I'll keep this stream alive for the next 30 mins.

mine is winamp.............and it's crystel clear with a very good quality...........sounds as if i have the cd my self.
Pradeep
Khobi, can you please tell me on the audio quality you are getting? Please tune in with winamp 5.1
Pradeep
smile1.gif Thanks Khobi.
IDOL
QUOTE(Pradeep @ Oct 12 2005, 08:54 PM) *

smile1.gif Thanks Khobi.

u'a welcome pradeep ji
Pradeep
Haaye Tabassum Tera... good one Akhtar smile1.gif
Akhtar
Thanks pradeep. Its a brilliant inovation
Akhtar
Nice songs Azgar bhai
IDOL
QUOTE(Akhtar @ Oct 12 2005, 10:00 PM) *

Nice songs Azgar bhai

nice songs pradeep ji, akhtar ji, and azgar ji
IDOL
Pradeep ji...........what if u make a little chat box below the radio...........so that we can appreciate player's choice................now Azgar is playin...........and he doesn't know that we appreciate him here laugh.gif
YaarMere
Azgar yaar you sud sing on radio. It will be awesum I tell you.
YaarMere
I have to be honest. Khobi has a sweet voice.

PS
Can you like play sum 'good' songs "Baffin Island" (wot on earth is that??)?
IDOL
oh i was in school when u guys heard my song...............thanks for appreciating smile1.gif
Anil4
Great job Azgar!

For an oldie like me, can you also play a couple of old songs yaar.

Anil

hits
Kishore 70's streaming now. Aaiye meherbaanon, suniye qadardaanon...
Pradeep
Lovely songs hitesh bhai. Thanks. smile1.gif .... Har Taraf Husn Hai Jawani Hai...
hits
QUOTE(Pradeep @ Oct 12 2005, 07:29 PM) *

Lovely songs hitesh bhai. Thanks. smile1.gif .... Har Taraf Husn Hai Jawani Hai...

Thanks. Hum farmaaish bhi le sakte hain! Nifty concept, Pradeep.
Pradeep
QUOTE(YaarMere @ Oct 12 2005, 06:29 PM) *
We sud have a booking system, no1 is going to get on at this rate + there sud be a way of forcingly taking the mic!!

hahha.. not to worry. I am trying to provide an interface for members who can enable and disable the default playing of HF Radio. So if one wishes to wear the RJ shoes, simply click on a button/link which will stop the HF Radio so that he/she can connect to the Radio to stream. After he/she is through put back the HF Radio auto play on.

smile1.gif
Pradeep
QUOTE(hits @ Oct 13 2005, 07:02 AM) *
QUOTE(Pradeep @ Oct 12 2005, 07:29 PM) *

Thanks. Hum farmaaish bhi le sakte hain! Nifty concept, Pradeep.

I Love all that you are playing Hitesh Bhai. Requests....here

Dil Aaj Shair Hai
Nothing Is Impossible
Na Pucho Koi Hamen
Ek Mahal Ma Cham Cham Karti

smile1.gif
Anil4
Thanks Hits.

Greatly appreciated. I am at home today and will keep the HF Radio on, whole day today.

Anil
hits
QUOTE(Pradeep @ Oct 12 2005, 07:37 PM) *

Dil Aaj Shair Hai
Nothing Is Impossible
Na Pucho Koi Hamen

smile1.gif

All coming up in order of request! The last song is actually from 1980. I'll accomodate it still (since it's got Rafi saab too).
Pradeep
QUOTE(NATURE @ Oct 12 2005, 07:43 PM) *
Pradeep ... ek baat bataao .. "How will be the Idea ?" .. that a Person will host our HF Radio show ?
She / He will come online and will speak something and tell us which song / which movie / Director / Singer
Informations ... Is that possible ? We can arrange some advance booking like that person will host from
2-2.15 PM ... if everything goes okay with him / her ... How is the Idea ? It will be like FM / VIVIDH BHARTI ..

Sambhab hogaa kya ? Agar hogaa to keisaa hogaa ? Jaldi se bataanaa ... Taataa !!!
Sambhab ho yaa Asambhab hume Aapki ye "HF Radio" Idea Bahut pasand aayaa ...
We all liked it very much ... Surfing HF / NET with sounds ....

Nature bhai, the idea is great. Par Uske liye shaayad mixer (hardware) sab chahiye. I need to search the net if there are any software tools which would mix on real time. Plus the person who will be willing to talk should have little technical knowledge. I am sure it would happen as the time progresses. smile1.gif
visuja
Wonderful Pradeep ! bow.gif Another masterstroke at HF ! clap1.gif

Hits ---- nice selection of songs smile1.gif .....

Few requests if possible:
-- Kaisa Hai Mere Dil Tu Khiladi
-- Kiska Rasta Dekhe
-- Ye Lal Rang Kab Mujhe

A few from your fav KK albums list ! smile.gif
hits
QUOTE(visuja @ Oct 12 2005, 07:53 PM) *

Wonderful Pradeep ! bow.gif Another masterstroke at HF ! clap1.gif

Hits ---- nice selection of songs smile1.gif .....

Few requests if possible:
-- Kaisa Hai Mere Dil Tu Khiladi
-- Kiska Rasta Dekhe
-- Ye Lal Rang Kab Mujhe

A few from your fav KK albums list ! smile.gif

Coming up after Pradeep's requests...
Pradeep
QUOTE(hits @ Oct 13 2005, 07:10 AM) *
QUOTE(Pradeep @ Oct 12 2005, 07:37 PM) *

Dil Aaj Shair Hai
Nothing Is Impossible
Na Pucho Koi Hamen

smile1.gif

All coming up in order of request! The last song is actually from 1980. I'll accomodate it still (since it's got Rafi saab too).

Thanks Hitesh Bhai smile1.gif ... I am Loving it... Dil Aaj Shayar Hai. When we got our first VCR in 1989, Gambler was the first movie we watched on it. I buncked the school next day and over and over I was watching the movie and especially this song. Excellent singing by Kishore Da. Great composition by Neeraj Sahab and SDB. Dev Anand looks so cute in the mush.

My Next Request is on bow.gif . Comparing Nothing is impossible and Rani Nacho, I like this track more from Zakhmee. Lyrics by Gauhar Kanpuri and music by Bappi Da.

Na Pucho Koyi Hamen.. can easily be classified as a ghazal. Dim the room lights, sit in a corner and listen to this Indivar-Shyamal Mitra composition and think of all those lovely people those that have gone by during one point or another in ones life.

Ik Mahal Ma Cham Cham Karti Nimii introduced me to this song loooooong time back. Love the language, love the tune by Rajesh Roshan and wonderful lyrics by Gulzar Sahab. Picturized on Shahsi and Sanjeev? Movie Swayamvar. Speaking of Swayamwar love Rafi Sahab's and Lata Didi's Mujeh Choo Rahi Hai.

bow.gif Thank you Hitesh Bhai. I just woke up and you made my whole day smile1.gif
Pradeep
Kaisa Hai Mere Dil Tu Khilaadi... Switching of emotions ...... Love it smile1.gif
visuja
Loving it Hits smile.gif Thanks for the songs.... bow.gif
and bow.gif to KK for emotions in all three numbers

Will be tuned in for the rest of the day.... smile.gif

hits
Vivek's last request is on now - Yeh Laal Rang. Look for another dramatic change in emotions next, as you experience a true double duet - a one of a kind song!!
Pradeep
QUOTE(KHOBI @ Oct 12 2005, 10:08 PM) *
Pradeep ji...........what if u make a little chat box below the radio...........so that we can appreciate player's choice................now Azgar is playin...........and he doesn't know that we appreciate him here laugh.gif

Drop thi "ji", khobi JI I've opened up a channel, HF Radio on HF Chat. I'll post a message below HF Radio requesting the RJ/DJ and listeners to be on HF Radio chat channel to place their requests.
Anil4
Pradeep

Is there a limit of 32 people who can tune in at any one time?

Anil
Pradeep
Yes.. but that is just a value in the configuration. I'll increase that as we have more listeners. HF can support about 100 concurrent users on a 128kbps stream.
Pradeep
Hitesh bhai another request from Swayamwar... Naari Kuch Aisan Aage Nikal Rahi Hai. smile1.gif
hits
QUOTE(Pradeep @ Oct 12 2005, 09:09 PM) *

Hitesh bhai another request from Swayamwar... Naari Kuch Aisan Aage Nikal Rahi Hai. smile1.gif

Oops...saw the request just now. Let me know when you are around, and I shall stream it
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.