Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Are U A Good Swimmer?
Hamara Forums > General > Sports
IDOL
hi friends,

i am having a hard time learning swimming sad.gif ............i am ok in 5 metres...........but i get drowned as i go further........teacher doesnt want us to wear life jacket....i wanned to learn some strokes.........but got stuck in middle..........and teacher had to leave me alone for one hour sad.gif ............embrassing........... sad.gif sad.gif ............tell me some basic tips.........i dun wanna get imbarassed infront of my other classmate afraid.gif ........help me to survive..........ezat ka sawal hain sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
IDOL
arey...........so what's the point if he can't move forward....... laugh.gif .........i think i should contact him.............caoz i can't go further than 5 metres laugh.gif laugh.gif .........i'v got an African instructor.........she was really pissed off tonight...........as i refused to go till end.........i think it's 25 metre to the end.........i can go when i jus take one plastic stuff laugh.gif laugh.gif ..........but she insists not to rely on them..........and i refused to swim.........a stupid champion tongiht:lol: laugh.gif laugh.gif
IDOL
aren't we having fun here by chattin............. laugh.gif ..........anyways........to be honest, i hate to quit............although i got drowned many times.........and i drunk that fresh, healthy, clean water as well laugh.gif .........it's my stupid nature to do what i can't do...........my classmate says.........if u can't world doesn't end, go for another sport.........but stupidly i insist to learn..............and i resist the teacher to take off my life safty stuff laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
IDOL
u know there are many reasons that i dun wanna quit............1st..... a cousin of mine is my classmate.............this is one of beggist issue and dokh bare kahani sad.gif sad.gif .............u know you have to compete a cousin sad.gif .........2nd...........in my life whatever i tried i successed at the end..........so i feel like i might learn one day...........3rd.......i already pay 85 bucks laugh.gif ..........who dares to drop money in the swimmin pool.........4th.....if i fail this , then i won't be confident enough to go for psychology............caoz now i am trying to do therapy on my self first laugh.gif .............and wanna know, why do i get scared.........why i think i might die.........why others survive......why can't i do things as others.........why others are succesfull .........did Allah give this strength to special mankind........or i am stupid laugh.gif laugh.gif ............. and if i am stupid, why i am so ........ laugh.gif ...........5th .......i like swimming sad.gif
IDOL
thanks dear.........nice chattin we had........yeah, i am jus lookin for an expert in HF, to show me how to be confident......and how to get rid of these problems.........so as soon as i learn , i promise i go 10 metres laugh.gif laugh.gif .........i need to learn this so badly sad.gif
AzgarKhan
QUOTE(Zaira @ Sep 29 2005, 08:08 AM) *
~~

By the way--i have a friend--He can swim well but he cant navigate LOL
Yenay wo swim toh kar sakta hai magar aagey nahi badh sakta--sirif ek jaga theher kar swimming kar sakta hai laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

~~

Shayad swimming pool ka size chota parr gaya hoga? tongue.gif
Pradeep
Khobi, two dialogues inspired from the movies:

1. Jo Dar Gaya, So Mar Gaya.
2. Jisne Ki Sharam, Uske Phute Karam.

Its very necessary to gain on one's shyness and fear. These two often brings a person down. Instead why don't you let these two fight against each other? Just think your friend is in danger and crying for your help at the 25 meter spot. What do you do?

If you were a young lad, and I was your swimming instructor, I would pull down your shots and throw it in the 25 meter arena. In such a case who would lead? your fear or your shyness? Who would be more agressive?

smile1.gif
rom
Pradeep
If you were a young lad, and I was your swimming instructor, I would pull down your shots and throw it in the 25 meter arena.

OMG! ohmy.gif laugh.gif
Khobi-ji's threads/posts are just too funny! laugh.gif
Akhtar
I can swim!
catch22
QUOTE(Pradeep @ Sep 28 2005, 09:33 PM) *

If you were a young lad, and I was your swimming instructor, I would pull down your shots and throw it in the 25 meter arena. smile1.gif

Oh Dear,
Are you glad that Pradeep was not your swimming instructor? It could have been mayhem
IDOL
QUOTE(rom @ Sep 29 2005, 11:09 AM) *

Pradeep
If you were a young lad, and I was your swimming instructor, I would pull down your shots and throw it in the 25 meter arena.

OMG! ohmy.gif laugh.gif

yes rom ji............that's why i asked zaira if she votes me to challenge Ellen laugh.gif

QUOTE(Pradeep @ Sep 29 2005, 11:03 AM) *

Its very necessary to gain on one's shyness and fear. These two often brings a person down. Instead why don't you let these two fight against each other? Just think your friend is in danger and crying for your help at the 25 meter spot. What do you do?

If you were a young lad, and I was your swimming instructor, I would pull down your shots and throw it in the 25 meter arena. In such a case who would lead? your fear or your shyness? Who would be more agressive?

smile1.gif

pradeep ji...........ur worse than my instructor.............if u pull me into water.....................still if u do so.......ehh...........i wont take off my life jacket anyways laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif ............so ur gonna be as pissed off as my teacher laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif .................but nice tips.............today i did it for an hour............very good............very bravely.............veyr nicelly...........even didn't get drowned.............but, with a life jacket laugh.gif laugh.gif ................anyways, i need an expert's idea pleej sad.gif

QUOTE(Akhtar @ Sep 29 2005, 11:39 AM) *

I can swim!

i can swim is not enough for me........................share , why ur successful..........and how confidently u used the word " i can" laugh.gif ..........caoz i almost forgot if that word exists anymore laugh.gif ........what i always say to teacher is the opposite " i can't" laugh.gif
SAJJAD
Honestly, i was in swim team during my high school years. I learned swimming at the age of 9. Now, i can swim but i don't have the stamina (side effects of shadi:-( )

Khobi~G, first question - can u float??? that's very important! If u can float then u will learn the swimming strokes easily....
IDOL
yeah..............li'll bit sad.gif
SAJJAD
QUOTE(KHOBI @ Sep 30 2005, 02:41 AM) *

Good...we r progressing wacko.gif Hold on to the side of the pool and try to kick it while keeping ur lower body up or close to the top. IF u r spashing too much water then ur legs r too far above the water. it should be horizontal to the water level. After u get ur kicking in a steady pace....then, let go the side and try to swim towards the side of the pool. Take baby steps....don't try to swim across! Also, its very important to keep the breathing and ur movements in sync. WISH i could help u in the pool blush2.gif
IDOL
QUOTE(SAJJAD @ Sep 30 2005, 02:54 AM) *

QUOTE(KHOBI @ Sep 30 2005, 02:41 AM) *

Good...we r progressing wacko.gif Hold on to the side of the pool and try to kick it while keeping ur lower body up or close to the top. IF u r spashing too much water then ur legs r too far above the water. it should be horizontal to the water level. After u get ur kicking in a steady pace....then, let go the side and try to swim towards the side of the pool. Take baby steps....don't try to swim across! Also, its very important to keep the breathing and ur movements in sync. WISH i could help u in the pool blush2.gif

thanks sajjad ji.............i will try tomorrow the tips u just told me.......maybe it might help me sad.gif
SAJJAD
No problem! If we don't hear from u...then we know wat happened to u..... tongue.gif Just a cheap joke! lol

good luck! keep kicking....1 day u will get it! U have no idea how many gallons of chlorine water i drank b4 i learned how to swim! Make sure u wash ur teeth/mouth after u swim - goray folks dry clean in the bathroom not like us cool.gif Did i make u sick? Its ok - this builds ur immune system rolleyes.gif
IDOL
QUOTE(SAJJAD @ Sep 30 2005, 03:07 AM) *

No problem! If we don't hear from u...then we know wat happened to u..... tongue.gif Just a cheap joke! lol

good luck! keep kicking....1 day u will get it! U have no idea how many gallons of chlorine water i drank b4 i learned how to swim! Make sure u wash ur teeth/mouth after u swim - goray folks dry clean in the bathroom not like us cool.gif Did i make u sick? Its ok - this builds ur immune system rolleyes.gif

ok bad-news.gif
Talaikya
Online swimming lessons??!! shocked.gif

What next - oooops sorry, forget I asked (especially Sajjad bhai) rollf.gif
IDOL
i also drunk alot of Cl sad.gif ...........i get stmoch pain later on sad.gif ..........and i hate when it comes into my mouth...........caoz i see people's feet ........i saw a lady wearing her runnin shoes Yuke!.......excuse me sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
Akhtar
QUOTE(KHOBI @ Sep 29 2005, 08:16 PM) *

QUOTE(rom @ Sep 29 2005, 11:09 AM) *

Pradeep

OMG! ohmy.gif laugh.gif

yes rom ji............that's why i asked zaira if she votes me to challenge Ellen laugh.gif

QUOTE(Pradeep @ Sep 29 2005, 11:03 AM) *

smile1.gif

pradeep ji...........ur worse than my instructor.............if u pull me into water.....................still if u do so.......ehh...........i wont take off my life jacket anyways laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif ............so ur gonna be as pissed off as my teacher laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif .................but nice tips.............today i did it for an hour............very good............very bravely.............veyr nicelly...........even didn't get drowned.............but, with a life jacket laugh.gif laugh.gif ................anyways, i need an expert's idea pleej sad.gif

QUOTE(Akhtar @ Sep 29 2005, 11:39 AM) *

I can swim!

i can swim is not enough for me........................share , why ur successful..........and how confidently u used the word " i can" laugh.gif ..........caoz i almost forgot if that word exists anymore laugh.gif ........what i always say to teacher is the opposite " i can't" laugh.gif

Its just one of those things, you have to practise hard and work a lot before you get the hang of it, but once you do, it really is a breeze. And - well, I am never short of confidence.
IDOL
wooow akhtar..........that was a good tip though very precise.........thnx
YaarMere
Wots with all the scientific help ppl? Just tell her to watch Baywatch, that will do the trick!!
preet
this is funny rollf.gif online swimming course indeed!!!! laugh.gif in school, when i opted for swimming as my summer special classes my teacher requested me to go and join some other class after a week biggrin.gif i would always sink and she had to fish me out rollf.gif

IDOL
QUOTE(preety @ Sep 30 2005, 08:10 PM) *

this is funny rollf.gif online swimming course indeed!!!! laugh.gif in school, when i opted for swimming as my summer special classes my teacher requested me to go and join some other class after a week biggrin.gif i would always sink and she had to fish me out rollf.gif

hahah preety girl.............same here as soon as i pass the 10 metre portion..............i reach to 3.5 metre deep arena...........i directly go down..........and then teacher has to jump and take me out...... laugh.gif ..............worst of all..........i drink that dirty water full of Cl. sad.gif ...............it's almost a routin for me to get drowned and teacher pull me up laugh.gif laugh.gif ..........now adays when i go for practice........the life guards already know me..............so they bring their chair close to pool as soon as they see me laugh.gif ............the other day, i had all my safty equipment on...................and just beside me there was a 10 year old boy with nothing on him.......... laugh.gif laugh.gif .........he was staring at me and would be thinking...........what's up "aunty"....don't u feel embrassed standing beside me with all those safty equipments.............and i was starrin at him.......hooo, kool kid laugh.gif laugh.gif .........imagine this scene laugh.gif laugh.gif
rom
Good good! Khobi-ji is still with us, despite Sajjad-bhai's tips! laugh.gif
preet
QUOTE(Zaira @ Sep 30 2005, 10:03 PM) *
~~

Preety--I cant believe that being a fish u cant even swim--her jaga naam kharaab karti ho laugh.gif

~~

main fish nahi hu mermaid hu tongue.gif paani se bahaar rehti hu hamesha rollf.gif

Click to view attachment

i know im in for some comments now ninja.gif

preet
Zaira Mermaid ka matlab jal pari nahi hua look.gif mer means water and maid means unmarried woman kisi ko angrezi aati hi nahi yahaa impossible.gif tongue.gif
preet
oh but im know for my beauty too you know tongue.gif

look.gif aur zaraa bataao to agar pari hu to mere pankh kahaa hain mad.gif no pankh naa to that means im not fairy.... i will take it as a compliment ki tumko meri photu pari jaisee lagi tongue.gif

IDOL
Mashallah..............instead of swimming tips.........some are turned to be fish........some are mermaids..........some are whale.............and who's crub now?...only Zaira remained human, to conquire the world as all jumped into the sea laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

~~

LOLLLLLLLLL laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Ha ha ha Khobi--that is damn funny--
Arey tum fikar mat karo--U have sooo many well-wishers--U cant drown--koi na koi bacha hi layga laugh.gif
BTW Khobi---Azgarrr knows swimming---LOL--azgar why dont u tell her the tips laugh.gif (i cant stop laughing) laugh.gif

Preety--I cant believe that being a fish u cant even swim--her jaga naam kharaab karti ho laugh.gif

~~

no zairrrr....................if Azgar knew he would post right a way.............i didn't see any reaction from him..............that means he himself drunk plenty of chlorine...........and might be still drinking laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif ...........by the way it's a good beverage
sandyk
QUOTE(KHOBI @ Oct 1 2005, 12:41 AM) *

Mashallah..............instead of swimming tips.........some are turned to be fish........some are mermaids..........some are whale.............and who's crub now?...only Zaira remained human, to conquire the world as all jumped into the sea laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

~~

LOLLLLLLLLL laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Ha ha ha Khobi--that is damn funny--
Arey tum fikar mat karo--U have sooo many well-wishers--U cant drown--koi na koi bacha hi layga laugh.gif
BTW Khobi---Azgarrr knows swimming---LOL--azgar why dont u tell her the tips laugh.gif (i cant stop laughing) laugh.gif

~~

no zairrrr....................if Azgar knew he would post right a way.............i didn't see any reaction from him..............that means he himself drunk plenty of chlorine...........and might be still drinking laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif ...........by the way it's a good beverage

practice more on your breathing - it's the breathing that lets people down.
Stand at the shallow end of the pool, while holding to the trough of the pool take breathe in ( make sure its in your lungs and not your mouth), out you head under water and then breathe out through your mouth while slowly raising your head out of water.

Plus remember to be relax when swimming if you are not relaxed then you fight against the water and that makes u sink
IDOL
QUOTE(sandyk @ Feb 28 2006, 02:43 AM) *

practice more on your breathing - it's the breathing that lets people down.
Stand at the shallow end of the pool, while holding to the trough of the pool take breathe in ( make sure its in your lungs and not your mouth), out you head under water and then breathe out through your mouth while slowly raising your head out of water.

Plus remember to be relax when swimming if you are not relaxed then you fight against the water and that makes u sink

that was sweet of u........a very nice tip..........in fact, the problem recently i have is breathing...........i no more get drowned laugh.gif...............but the problem is that i cannot swim the way (i posted the pic)...........i only swim with back sad.gif........very comfortable though........however, when i swim with the front, i cannot breath sad.gif.........i can slowly do butterfly , but not this one sad.gif
IDOL
i've learned this one..........but it's not as interesting as the one i can't do it................i wanna do the way other people do ..........people hardly do butterfuly swim
IDOL
the one i am very comfortable with is this one.............now a days i jus do this one sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.