Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ali Zafar: The New Kid On The Block
Hamara Forums > Music > Singers
extenok
He isn't a Bollywood/Indian singer, but I'm including this over here so that members of this site can learn about this young Pakistani and his voice

Ali Zafar
The 23 year old singer, model, painter, actor has become a household name with his debut album 'Huqa Pani' in Pakistan. His video of the superhit track Channo which premiered back in October last year, has been played on all of the music channels. The song, some say, is an inspiration or a complete rip-off of the somewhat old song 'Dhanno Ki Aankh'. He of course denies this. He doesn't believe that he copies Kishore, yet inadvertently he sounds like him. I'll let you judge for yourself.

I recommend listening to some of the slower tracks from his album, which are as follows:

Ek Pal
Teri Yaad Aayi
Chal Dil Merey
Dekha Chaltay Chaltay

The complete album is available for your listening pleasure at muziqpakistan.com or muziq.net
For downloading, try sangeetradio.com

Do give the songs a try.
Chitralekha
Impressive voice! I think he will come ahead with the kind of voice he has.

I liked "Teri yaad aayi" the most.

Dekha sang tere humne chalte chalte... is soooooo good!!!! OMG!! voice to totally go fida overrrrrrr.

I will listen to the rest when I get more time. Abhi thoda jaldi mein hoon.

Thanks a lot for sharing the songs, Mr. I. smile.gif
myawan
I also believe that he is a Kishore fan, in 'Chal Dil Merey' he sounds exactly like Kishore

Watch carefully, he sings like Kishore, moves like Dev Anand!
extenok
QUOTE (myawan @ Apr 19 2004, 07:39 AM)
I also believe that he is a Kishore fan, in 'Chal Dil Merey' he sounds exactly like Kishore

C, I recall him saying in one of his interviews that Teri Yaad Aaye was a kind of a filler song that he just came up with in 2hours, cos they needed to fill the space.

Yusuf, I think Madam C hasn't checked out the boy's site, or she would be going goo-goo-gaa-gaa over him, like the rest of the female crowd.

myawan
Oh Imran! girls are so mad about him, don't know why, kya kiya jae is ka? I'm feeling jealous.
Nimii
QUOTE (myawan @ Apr 20 2004, 03:06 AM)
Oh Imran! girls are so mad about him, don't know why, kya kiya jae is ka? I'm feeling jealous.

kyon myawan he is good lookin too wink.gif

N tongue.gif
myawan
In a program on GEO Tv yesterday, Ali Zafar was asked about his favourite singers he said:

"My favourites are:

Mehdi Hassan
Mohammad Rafi
Kishore Kumar
Mukesh
"
Nimii
QUOTE (myawan @ May 1 2004, 12:00 AM)
In a program on GEO Tv yesterday, Ali Zafar was asked about his favourite singers he said:

"My favourites are:

Mehdi Hassan
Mohammad Rafi
Kishore Kumar
Mukesh
"

Myawan I saw that song video which Shaan sang, doesnt Ali Zafar feature in it??

N ?
extenok
QUOTE (Nimii @ May 1 2004, 08:01 AM)
QUOTE (myawan @ May 1 2004, 12:00 AM)

"My favourites are:

Mehdi Hassan
Mohammad Rafi
Kishore Kumar
Mukesh
"

Myawan I saw that song video which Shaan sang, doesnt Ali Zafar feature in it??

N ?

Nope, thats Shehzad Roy. Another so-called 'cute-boy'.
But I personally don't like his singing style or his voice.
Chitralekha
QUOTE (extenok @ Apr 19 2004, 08:30 AM)
QUOTE (myawan @ Apr 19 2004, 07:39 AM)

C, I recall him saying in one of his interviews that Teri Yaad Aaye was a kind of a filler song that he just came up with in 2hours, cos they needed to fill the space.

Yusuf, I think Madam C hasn't checked out the boy's site, or she would be going goo-goo-gaa-gaa over him, like the rest of the female crowd.

Arre wah, bahot achha site bhi hai. Thanks for the link.

Hey what happened to sangeetradio.com? I cant see his songs sad.gif Wanted to listen to dekha sang tere....
iqbal

There is also another upcoming singer called Raja Kashif.

He sings in the Rafi style and sounds so much like Sonu Nigam.

He also presents a show on Vectone channel ‘Sitaaron ki Baatein’ where he interviews pro and amateur singers, Anwar Rafi was on last week.

Raja has also appeared in many videos.

Let me know what you think of him.

Is he a british born singer?

Thanks
Iqbal
Nimii
arre baba we dont want any more clones.. lets search for new genuine voices.. who do not sound like any of the legends !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

N :(
ps: nimii begins to sing loudly.. thank god she does not sound like LM, AB or any one else ;)

iqbal
QUOTE (Nimii @ May 4 2004, 12:29 PM)
arre baba we dont want any more clones.. lets search for new genuine voices.. who do not sound like any of the legends !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

N sad.gif
ps: nimii begins to sing loudly.. thank god she does not sound like LM, AB or any one else wink.gif

Are re re Nimmi, kyun nahin.

Clones se hi woh apna ek style banalete hai, they have to start somewhere and Rafi, Kishore, Mukesh are all schools of playback singing!
Chitralekha
QUOTE (Nimii @ May 4 2004, 05:29 AM)
nimii begins to sing loudly.. thank god she does not sound like LM, AB or any one else wink.gif

I would like to listen to this song please.
myawan
Are are Chitra ji yeh aap ne kya keh diya

Nimii ji ka gaana aor woh bhi full volume main......Ayyo Ayyayoo....
tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif
Nimii
QUOTE (iqbal @ May 4 2004, 12:46 PM)
QUOTE (Nimii @ May 4 2004, 12:29 PM)

N  :(
ps: nimii begins to sing loudly.. thank god she does not sound like LM, AB or any one else ;)

Are re re Nimmi, kyun nahin.

Clones se hi woh apna ek style banalete hai, they have to start somewhere and Rafi, Kishore, Mukesh are all schools of playback singing!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO we dont want any more killing of originals either it is the song or the style :EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

nimii sings away in her own istyle ;)

apun jaisa koi nahi ;)

N :P
Nimii
QUOTE (myawan @ May 5 2004, 12:15 AM)
Are are Chitra ji yeh aap ne kya keh diya

Nimii ji ka gaana aor woh bhi full volume main......Ayyo Ayyayoo....
:P :P :P

myawan ;) pehlo sunoo baad mein aayooo maaro ;)

hehehehehehe

Nimii
QUOTE (Chitralekha @ May 4 2004, 08:38 PM)
QUOTE (Nimii @ May 4 2004, 05:29 AM)
nimii begins to sing loudly.. thank god she does not sound like LM, AB or any one else ;)

For Chitz sake, I shall release an album.. on Tseries.. with many gods' pix on it ;) hehehehe

Ayyo Na Maaro.. (will be the name of the album hehehe)

Chitralekha
QUOTE (Nimii @ May 4 2004, 06:48 PM)
For Chitz sake, I shall release an album.. on Tseries.. with many gods' pix on it wink.gif hehehehe

Ayyo Na Maaro.. (will be the name of the album hehehe)

N tongue.gif

Cant wait to listen to it!!!!!

*yippeeee*
ffew2002
I've heard his interview on Geo Tv.....He said there,'Hum Jin Singers ko bachpan se sunte hein unka style humari sans mein shamil ho jata hai,aur uska asar hamare gane mein b aa jata hai....waise,mein kisi singer ko copy nahi karta.'
His fav. singers r Mohd Rafi,Mehdi Hassan,Ghulam Ali & KK.He has a wish to sing with Asha Ji.
ffew. tongue.gif
enjoy the song.
Wehshee
yeh, well zafar is undoubtfully super-impressed by the great KK

and i don't care who says what, he makes deliberate effort to sing like him.
shabbirkumar786
QUOTE(extenok @ Apr 18 2004, 05:59 AM) *

He isn't a Bollywood/Indian singer, but I'm including this over here so that members of this site can learn about this young Pakistani and his voice

Ali Zafar
The 23 year old singer, model, painter, actor has become a household name with his debut album 'Huqa Pani' in Pakistan. His video of the superhit track Channo which premiered back in October last year, has been played on all of the music channels. The song, some say, is an inspiration or a complete rip-off of the somewhat old song 'Dhanno Ki Aankh'. He of course denies this. He doesn't believe that he copies Kishore, yet inadvertently he sounds like him. I'll let you judge for yourself.

I recommend listening to some of the slower tracks from his album, which are as follows:

Ek Pal
Teri Yaad Aayi
Chal Dil Merey
Dekha Chaltay Chaltay

The complete album is available for your listening pleasure at muziqpakistan.com or muziq.net
For downloading, try sangeetradio.com

Do give the songs a try.

hiya,

interesting topic - just wana say ali zafar cudnt even sing his own song 'dhano ki aankh'

for the film fight club & had to get the talented amit kumar to sing it.

so to even speak of ali zafar & kishore kumar in the same breath is not right yet!!!

his a good pop singer in pakistan- thats it!

good luck to him.

p.s.

his super duper hit song 'dhano ki aankh' is actually

a rip off of a catchy r.d.burman number in the seventies.

keep up the good work yaar.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.