Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Path To Gulzar
Hamara Forums > Legends > Legendary Lyricists > Gulzar
p1j
Gulzarfans!,

Lets share our experiences to the Path to Gulzar.

With Path to Gulzar, I mean, how and when did we discovered our liking and fanism for him. I have discussed this with many gulzarfans offline and was not surprised many of the replied the Path to gulzar was
Kishore->Pancham->Gulzar. Means first attraction was Kishore songs, regular listening to Kishore songs introduced to the beautiful music of Pancham da and then started liking gulzar's lyrics too.. For some it was Ghalib->Gulzar, as their fanism was devoted to Poet gulzar, not the lyricist gulzar..

Share your own experience on this journey of becoming a gulzar fan..

Ik raah to wo hogi,
tum tak jo pahunchati hai...
Kis mod se jaati hai?

just another gulzar fan
Pavan Jha
preet
My path to gulzar was through my sister smile1.gif when i was still in 9th standard and my sister had just joined her architectural college, she came back in her summer break and would always listen to old song, which at that time had no charm for me!!

but one night when i was cozily tucked up in bed my sister put this cassette on (HMV Golden collection i guess) and that was the first time i properly heard Gulzar ji's songs, with all the lights off music soothingly floating in the air i heard "... naa jaane kyo dil bhar gayaa naa jaane kyo aankh bhar gayi" and "... tere bina Zindagi se sikwaa...", "...aapki aankhon main kuch mehke hue se" or " is mod se jaate hain..." and i fell in love with his lyrics!!! and that was before i became a die hard fan of either RDB or KK...

it goes without saying that i not only took my sister's cassette using all EB i could tongue.gif but with that my passion to collect songs started... so yes i can say Gulzar ji was the light that brought me into the magical world of music... bow.gif

divz
Long back when i was in 10th( i guess), i saw Aandhi. it was telecasted on DD1. that time i was unaware of any lyricist- Gulzar, infact those days i never thought of who penned the songs.. but that time and obviously for the first time i fell in love with the lyrics.. i searched for the cassette of Andhi to buy.. and there i saw the name Gulzar. some days later,saw Masoom ... i noticed the lyricist name and lo it was again Gulzar. since then i becam Gulzar fan. smile1.gif

Abbasi
The first time I bought an HMV compilation, FURSAT KE RAAT DIN, I fell in love with PHIR SE AAIYO BADRA BIDESI... and more than that, with the commentary!!
Then I bought, DIL PADOSI HAI... and then the long journey to collect and possess each and every thing associated with GULZAR!!!
The thirst never got quenched and it is still on...............
THODA HAI THODE KI ZAROORAT HAI.........................

Abbasi
imjagdish
QUOTE(abbasi011468 @ Sep 28 2005, 11:30 AM) *

The first time I bought an HMV compilation, FURSAT KE RAAT DIN, I fell in love with PHIR SE AAIYO BADRA BIDESI... and more than that, with the commentary!!
Then I bought, DIL PADOSI HAI... and then the long journey to collect and possess each and every thing associated with GULZAR!!!
The thirst never got quenched and it is still on...............
THODA HAI THODE KI ZAROORAT HAI.........................

Abbasi

To me it was through KishoreDa. Since childhood (when i was 3-4), I used to listen to KishoreDa's songs (not realising who the singer was). It was his voice that drew me towards music. I still remember..the first favourite song of my life was Hazaar Raahein (Thodisi Bewafai); incidently penned by Gulzar Sahab. Much later, when i started realising the importance of lyrics, it was through Pancham/ Gulzar combo who gave some astonishingly offbeat melodies (This time be it Kishore/ Lata/ Asha or Bhupinder). Kudos to Gulzar Sahab.
Roopa
My path to gulzar was through the film KINARA. I found the film complete in all ways...dialogues, script, lyrics...and all were by Gulzar. there has been no looking back....Gulzar is the mainstay reference point in my life for many of my life's events, joys, beginnings....

Roopa

QUOTE(p1j @ Sep 27 2005, 06:41 PM) *

Gulzarfans!,

Lets share our experiences to the Path to Gulzar.

With Path to Gulzar, I mean, how and when did we discovered our liking and fanism for him. I have discussed this with many gulzarfans offline and was not surprised many of the replied the Path to gulzar was
Kishore->Pancham->Gulzar. Means first attraction was Kishore songs, regular listening to Kishore songs introduced to the beautiful music of Pancham da and then started liking gulzar's lyrics too.. For some it was Ghalib->Gulzar, as their fanism was devoted to Poet gulzar, not the lyricist gulzar..

Share your own experience on this journey of becoming a gulzar fan..

Ik raah to wo hogi,
tum tak jo pahunchati hai...
Kis mod se jaati hai?

just another gulzar fan
Pavan Jha

laugh.gif laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.