Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Geeta-lata Duets
Hamara Forums > Legends > Geeta Dutt
mahesh
hello friends,
i am starting a new thread for geeta-lata duets.
the first song is from c ramchandra classic of 1947''shehnai''.
lyrics are by pyarelal santoshi and chitalker is the co-singer of the duo.
happy listening,
mahesh
mahesh
the second song is from 1948 musical ''majboor'' which had music by the maestro ghulam haider.lyrics are by nazim panipati.
happy listening,
mahesh
mohd2004
Thanks Mahesh Bhai for these excellent rare uploads.

Mohd.
shuklas
Mahesh jee :

Thanks for this thread and uploads.If you have this song please do upload : Akhiya Bhula gayee hai sona..Dil pe hua hai jadu tona...

Thanks.

Shuklas
usha
I have this song 'Akhiya bool gayee hai sona' frm the film Goonj uthi shehnai,only give me a few days as i do not have the cd right now.,i will u\l it
bchatterjee
QUOTE(usha @ Sep 11 2005, 09:47 PM)
I have this song 'Akhiya bool gayee hai sona' frm the film Goonj uthi shehnai,only give me a few days as i do not have the cd right now.,i will u\l it

I have Geeta songs ready to be u/l ed as always....

Bappa
shuklas
Ushaji & bchatterjee

Thanks a lot for responding and uploading. Thanks.

Shuklas
mahesh
here is another rare geeta-lata duet from ladki[1953].music is by r. sudarshanam and dhaniram and lyrics are by rajendra krishan.the song was picturised on anjali devi[rekha's mausi] and vyjayantimala.
happy listening,
mahesh
mahesh
hello friends,
here is a sweet song from dekh kabira roya[1957] in the voices of geetaji,lataji and sita.music is by madanmohan and lyrics are by rajendra krishan.the song was picturised on anita guha,shubha khote and ameeta.
happy listening,
mahesh
mahesh
here is another lovely duet from the duo from the 1949 film sipahiya.music is by c ramchandra and lyrics are by ram murti chaturvedi.
happy listening,
mahesh
mahesh
hello friends,
here is a popular duet of the divas from panchayat[1958].
panchayat was music director iqbal qureshi's debut film and this song became very popular.lyrics are by shakeel noomani.
the song was picturised on jabeen and shyama.
happy listening,
mahesh
mahesh
here is another duet of geetaji and lataji from pyaar ki pyaas[1961].the song was uploaded by both sangeetbhakt and alysahab more than a month back.
i am reuploading the song ;so that those who missed the song can hear it now.
music is by vasant desai and lyrics are by bharat vyas.
happy listening,
mahesh
mahesh
another vasant desai beauty-from toofan aur diya[1956].
lyrics are by bharat vyas and the song was picturised on satish vyas and nanda.
happy listening,
mahesh
mahesh
another re-upload from raj kapoor's ''jis desh mein ganga behti hai''.music is by shanker jaikishan and lyrics are by shailendra.
singers are geetaji,lataji,mukesh,manna dey and mahendra kapoor.the song was picturised on chanchal,padmini,raj kapoor,pran etc.
happy listening,
mahesh
mahesh
another re-upload which was earlier ul by sangeetbhakt and alysahab.
film is ''pyar ki pyaas''.music is by vasant desai and lyrics are by bharat vyas.singers are geetaji,lataji,manna dey and baby renu.
happy listening,
mahesh
mahesh
hello friends,
the next upload is from bimal roy's yahudi made in 1958.
music is by shanker jaikishan and lyrics are by shailendra.the song was picturised on cuckoo and helen.
happy listening,
mahesh
mahesh
this is a very rare song from radha krishna.the film was made in 1954 and starred kamini kaushal ,ratan kumar,agha etc.
music is by sachin dev burman and lyrics are by sahir ludhianvi.the 78 rpm record credits only lataji as the singer whereas it is a geeta-lata duet.
happy listening,
mahesh
mahesh
here is a rare geeta lata duet from nai raahein[1959].music is by ravi and lyrics are by majrooh sultanpuri.
happy listening,
mahesh
mohd2004
Thanks Mahesh Bhai for these rare uploads.

Mohd.
mahesh
hello friends,
here is a very rare geeta -lata duet from majboor[1948].
i had ul another duet of the duo from the same film as the first song of this thread.
here is the second geeta-lata duet from the film majboor''gori sakhiyon se ankhiyan churay rahi re''
music is by maestro ghulam haider and lyrics are by nazim panipati.
happy listening,
mahesh
sangeetbhakt
Mahesh, thanx for a fantastic set of uploads. I have spent all morning
just downloading them, but I have known about some of these songs
and looked for them for a while. So now I shall sit back and enjoy
them.
Thank you thank you thank you.
ChetanNaik
Dear Mahesh,

Thank you for these wonderful songs. I was out of station for a fortnight and could not access HF but today when I logged on I got a wonderful package due to youe efforts.
Thank you very much
nm007
Thanks for "taa thaiyya karake aanaa" from panchaayat by Iqbal Qureshi, I was looking for that for a while.
(and also for other songs)
mahesh
mohdbhai,sangeetbhakt,chetan,nm007,
you are most welcome and thanks for the encouragement.if you want any of their duets[geeta-lata];pl let me know.
regards,
mahesh
mahesh
hello friends,
ant6ji has uploaded a lovely geeta-lata duet in lata forum[kaccha dhaga-post 1418].
the link is -

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?showtopic=2118&st=1410

happy listening,
mahesh
mahesh
here is a lovely geeta-lata duet from parbat[1952]-pyar bhari in aankhon ne aaja tujhko yaad kiya.music is by shanker-jaikishan and lyrics are by hasrat jaipuri.being uploaded on rinki's request.
happy listening,
mahesh
rinmaj
QUOTE(mahesh @ Jan 14 2006, 11:02 AM) *

here is a lovely geeta-lata duet from parbat[1952]-pyar bhari in aankhon ne aaja tujhko yaad kiya.music is by shanker-jaikishan and lyrics are by hasrat jaipuri.being uploaded on rinki's request.
happy listening,
mahesh

Yes Maheshji,this was the song that I was looking for.Thanks a ton for this one.
Rinki
parag_sankla
Reviving this thread with the following songs request for a repeat upload :

(1) from c ramchandra classic of 1947''shehnai''.

(2) from 1948 musical ''majboor'' which had music by the maestro ghulam haider.lyrics are by nazim panipati

(3) another rare geeta-lata duet from ladki[1953].music is by r. sudarshanam and dhaniram and lyrics are by rajendra krishan.the song was picturised on anjali devi[rekha's mausi] and vyjayantimala

(4) another lovely duet from the duo from the 1949 film sipahiya.music is by c ramchandra and lyrics are by ram murti chaturvedi.

(5) film is ''pyar ki pyaas''.music is by vasant desai and lyrics are by bharat vyas.singers are geetaji,lataji,manna dey and baby renu.

(6) very rare song from radha krishna.the film was made in 1954 and starred kamini kaushal ,ratan kumar,agha etc.
music is by sachin dev burman and lyrics are by sahir ludhianvi.the 78 rpm record credits only lataji as the singer whereas it is a geeta-lata duet.

(7) rare geeta lata duet from nai raahein[1959].music is by ravi and lyrics are by majrooh sultanpuri

(8)gori sakhiyon se ankhiyan churay rahi re : Majboor
music is by maestro ghulam haider and lyrics are by nazim panipati.

Please share if you have any of these songs in your collection.

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Parag
mahesh
here is a rare geeta-lata duet from nai raahein[59]-

music-ravi,

lyrics-majrooh,

128kbps/3.07

enjoy,
mahesh
mahesh
cm2 and parag,
here is a very rare geeta-lata duet from radha krishna[1954] credited only to lataji on 78rpm.
music is by s d burman and lyrics are by sahir.
the song is @96kbs/2.31.

enjoy,
mahesh
parag_sankla
QUOTE(mahesh @ Feb 7 2007, 02:38 PM) *

cm2 and parag,
here is a very rare geeta-lata duet from radha krishna[1954] credited only to lataji on 78rpm.
the song is @96kbs/2.31.

enjoy,
mahesh

Mahesh ji, many thanks for this special rare song !

Cheers
Parag
parag_sankla
Mahesh ji, here is the revised list of requests for rare songs of Geeta ji and Lata ji :

(2) another rare geeta-lata duet from ladki[1953].music is by r. sudarshanam and dhaniram and lyrics are by rajendra krishan.the song was picturised on anjali devi[rekha's mausi] and vyjayantimala

(3) another lovely duet from the duo from the 1949 film sipahiya.music is by c ramchandra and lyrics are by ram murti chaturvedi.

Is this "Chalo ghunghat mein" ? In that case, I have it (shared by you sometime earlier).

(4) film is ''pyar ki pyaas''.music is by vasant desai and lyrics are by bharat vyas.singers are geetaji,lataji,manna dey and baby renu.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards
Parag

cinemaniac2

cm2 and parag,
the song is @96kbs/2.31.

enjoy,
mahesh

thanks a lot

cm2

mirsa
QUOTE(mahesh @ Feb 7 2007, 03:38 PM) *

cm2 and parag,
the song is @96kbs/2.31.

enjoy,
mahesh

Thanks a lot Mahesh Bhai for this rare gem from Radha Krishna (1954).
balajigade

cm2 and parag,
the song is @96kbs/2.31.

enjoy,
mahesh

Bhai wah.. muddat se is gaane ka intezar tha.
Mahesh, do you have the other songs of the film?

--Balaji
mahesh
QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Feb 10 2007, 12:06 PM) *

Mahesh ji, here is the revised list of requests for rare songs of Geeta ji and Lata ji :

(2) another rare geeta-lata duet from ladki[1953].music is by r. sudarshanam and dhaniram and lyrics are by rajendra krishan.the song was picturised on anjali devi[rekha's mausi] and vyjayantimala

(3) another lovely duet from the duo from the 1949 film sipahiya.music is by c ramchandra and lyrics are by ram murti chaturvedi.

Is this "Chalo ghunghat mein" ? In that case, I have it (shared by you sometime earlier).

(4) film is ''pyar ki pyaas''.music is by vasant desai and lyrics are by bharat vyas.singers are geetaji,lataji,manna dey and baby renu.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards
Parag

parag,
starting with the shehnai song @96kbps.
regards,
mahesh
mahesh
next is a rare geeta-lata duet from ladki[1953].music is by r. sudarshanam and dhaniram and lyrics are by rajendra krishan.the song was picturised on anjali devi[rekha's mausi] and vyjayantimala.the song is @128kbps.
enjoy,
mahesh
balajigade
QUOTE(mahesh @ Feb 11 2007, 12:39 PM) *

next is a rare geeta-lata duet from ladki[1953].music is by r. sudarshanam and dhaniram and lyrics are by rajendra krishan.the song was picturised on anjali devi[rekha's mausi] and vyjayantimala.the song is @128kbps.
enjoy,
mahesh

Thanks Mahesh

--Balaji
joshi
QUOTE(mahesh @ Feb 11 2007, 12:39 PM) *

enjoy,
mahesh

Thanks Maheshi ji...
parag_sankla
Hi All

Reviving this request for the remaining 2 songs :

3) another lovely duet from the duo from the 1949 film sipahiya.music is by c ramchandra and lyrics are by ram murti chaturvedi.

Is this "Chalo ghunghat mein" ? In that case, I have it (shared by Mahesh ji sometime earlier).

Thanks in advance

Best Regards
Parag

parag_sankla
QUOTE(balajigade @ Feb 10 2007, 06:24 AM) *

cm2 and parag,
the song is @96kbs/2.31.

enjoy,
mahesh

--Balaji

Can some one confirm if this song "Tum bansi ho main taan" does indeed feature the voice of Geeta ji or not? I gave a dedicated hearing to this song several times and am still in doubt.

Thanks
Parag
hildebrand
QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Feb 23 2007, 05:12 PM) *

Hi All

3) another lovely duet from the duo from the 1949 film sipahiya.music is by c ramchandra and lyrics are by ram murti chaturvedi.

Is this "Chalo ghunghat mein" ? In that case, I have it (shared by Mahesh ji sometime earlier).

Thanks in advance

Best Regards
Parag

First song is indeed chalo ghunghat mein guiyaan.

Second song is Uttar mein khada himalay. I believe you have it as well.

parag_sankla
QUOTE(hildebrand @ Feb 25 2009, 07:53 AM) *

QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Feb 23 2007, 05:12 PM) *

Hi All

Thanks in advance

Best Regards
Parag

First song is indeed chalo ghunghat mein guiyaan.

Second song is Uttar mein khada himalay. I believe you have it as well.

That was a more than 2 year old request which got fulfilled eventually. I am sorry I did not update the post.

Cheers
Parag

parag_sankla
QUOTE(balajigade @ Feb 10 2007, 06:24 AM) *

cm2 and parag,
the song is @96kbs/2.31.

enjoy,
mahesh

--Balaji

Can some one confirm if this song "Tum bansi ho main taan" does indeed feature the voice of Geeta ji or not? I gave a dedicated hearing to this song several times and am still in doubt.

Thanks
Parag

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.