Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Football Mourns
Hamara Forums > General > Sports
YaarMere
Milan veteran Paolo Maldini has admitted that he is seriously thinking about bringing his stunning career to an end.

The 37-year-old still has two years left on his Rossoneri contract, but he accepts the fact that he could retire before that date.

"I have thought about quitting," explained the central defender. "It is only natural to do so at my age."

The former left-back, Italy’s most capped player, has spent the last 20 years with the San Siro giants but concedes things are becoming increasingly difficult for him.

"I pondered retiring last year when I renewed my contract with Milan," continued the stopper.

"The same thing happened at the start of this season. I did think that having six weeks off would do me good but the situation has in fact worsened.

"There are highs and lows in which a lot of thoughts enter my head. The thing that allows me to continue though is my body, I still feel in very good shape."

Maldini, who is currently nursing a slight knee problem, added that he wants to quit at the top rather than in the shadows.

"When I do stop playing, I want it to be while I am still a first team regular," he underlined.

"That is not because I wouldn’t accept a place on the bench but it is because I have spent my whole career as a first team player."

Maldini says he will play on for now but he can’t guarantee what will happen in the immediate future.

"My situation will be evaluated month after month," he continued. "My contract expires in 2007 but I may not reach that date.

"It is not my intention to just carry on playing for the sake of it."

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/sep1i.html
YaarMere
I once compared, Mohd Rafi to Marlon Brando, a learned friend at the time didnt like the comparison and he certainly made his feelings known to me. I however still stand-by wot I said then, Brando was most definitely another Rafi of the world. He was the Master of his art and contrary to popular belief; he was a good human being too.

Maldini, not only by his craft, but is a Rafi by his characteristics also!! I'm all teary man. He was 1 of the best defenders (and the best left-back) the game has ever produced.
AzgarKhan
Legends are Legends - No comparision YM Bro.
Each of them are masters in their own areas.

YaarMere
You so missed the point! But its your wedding day so I wont keep you.
tahir77
Yaarmere your avatar is too cooool
NATURE
YAARMERE ... Wedding Day is out. Can u now keep him ? or tell the point that was missed out ???
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.