Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Favourite Madan Mohan
Hamara Forums > Legends > Legendary Music Directors > Madan Mohan
Pages: 1, 2, 3
sri
Madan Mohan is one of my most favourite music directors along with Roshan, Naushad, O P Nayyar and Salil Chowdhury. In this topic I will be discussing Madan Mohan's songs and providing links to various Madan Mohan songs in the relevant singer forum ( Rafi / Lata / Mukesh / Asha / Kishore etc. ).

Here are the links to some reasonably rare Madan Mohan songs :

1. Yeh cycle ka chakkar - Rafi & Asha - Akeli mat jaiyo
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?showtopic=14328#

2. Yeh hawa yeh mastana mausam - Rafi & Lata - Akeli mat jaiyo
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?showtopic=14328#

3. More naina bahaaye neer - Lata - Bawarchi
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?showtopic=14698#

Sri
sri

song : "Yeh to kaho kaun ho tum" - see link below
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...&st=0&#
sri
A Madan Mohan number from the film 'Jab yaad kisi ki aati hai' 1967 - It's a Lata-Mahendra Kapoor duet - Dhoonde tujhko nain diwaane

Click on the link below to go to the Lata thread and look for post #119
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...mp;gopid=221764&#

Sri
sri
A lovely Lata solo number. Click on the link below and look for post # 195

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...4698&st=180#

Nainon mein pyar dole, dil ka qarar dole....a rare gem of Madan Mohan which is hidden in the flop film Sheroo 1957 !! If you don't have this number ...don;t miss it !!

Sri
sri
MADAN MOHAN RADIO PROGRAM ON JUNE 25th - 9 TO 11AM IST

ALL ARE INVITED......... smile.gif Sri

sri
ALL ARE INVITED......... smile.gif Sri
sri
Remembering Madan Mohan, 30 years later
IPB Image
Indo-Asian News Service
IPB Image
Mumbai, July 14, 2005
IPB Image
Madan Mohan, who never got his due in his lifetime, is today talked of as a retro-legend of Bollywood music.

As his 30th death anniversary was observed Thursday, the musical emperor in exile was back in the hearts of his admirers - ever more because of his haunting tunes in Veer Zaara.

"His ghazals have no parallel. But he could also compose every other kind of song like the folk tune Jhumka gira re, which my sister Asha sang. Why don't we regard talent for what it's worth when it's with us?" wonders Lata Mangeshkar who sang a majority of Madan Mohan's mind-numbing melodies.

"Madan bhaiyya - he was my rakhi brother - was enormously gifted. His ability to create tunes was like an illimitable ocean. Some of his most loved compositions, for example, Aapki nazron ne samjha, came to him in a jiffy.

"He was very, very particular about the sur and other components of the composition. During the recording of Naino mein badra chhaye for Mera Saaya, he broke the glass partition in the recording studio because a musician was playing off-key.

"That's why even today his numbers like Lag ja gale and Aaj socha to aansoon bhar aaye sound so fresh. Really, when I think of him today, there are tears in my eye. I remember when he lost the Filmfare award for his very popular score in Woh Kaun Thi, I told him he deserved it. His response was a quiet, 'Your saying so is enough'."

His career, which began in earnest in 1950 with Aankhen, was a litany of 'wows'. Critics and connoisseurs alike raved over Madan Mohan's songs. But the charts told another story. Eighty per cent of Madan Mohan's classic melodies went into 'b' and 'c' grade movies. Apart from Chetan Anand and Raj Khosla, no top notch filmmaker gave Madan Mohan a chance to compose in big-banner projects.

His son Sanjeev Kohli recalls how hurt and bitter his father would be by the lack of commercial success.

"I remember while driving for a family picnic, my brother and I were singing all the popular songs of the time like Shankar-Jaikishan's Baharon phool barsao and RD Burman's O mere sona re. He just looked into the backseat with a pained look that I'll never forget. It's sad, but despite his obvious talent he had to settle for lesser films. The biggies just went to the others."

Until his death in 1975, Madan Mohan did 104 films. The continued failure of his films and the changing environment in the industry led to depression.

Says Sanjeev: "My dad began to drink heavily. He died when he was only 51. Providentially, in 2004 I was able to trans-create his unused tunes in Veer-Zara. And I have only Yash Chopra who's my boss, guru and a surrogate father to thank for this. Today, when I hear little kids singing Aisa des hai mera, I feel my father has come alive again."

Ironically both of Madan Mohan's posthumous scores for HS Rawail's Laila Majnu and Gulzar's Mausam released in 1975 turned out to be money-spinners. The man who composed gossamer feelings dressed up as songs had arrived.

==============================================================================

excl.gif Don't miss the Madan Mohan Special Radio Program on HF Radio - on June 25th - his 82nd birthday - see the earlier post for more details smile.gif Sri

Inaam
Thanks for the article, Sir Ji tongue1.gif I am a die-hard fan of Madan Ji. smile1.gif
sri
QUOTE(Inaam @ Jun 23 2006, 12:40 PM) *
Thanks for the article, Sir Ji tongue1.gif I am a die-hard fan of Madan Ji. smile1.gif

In that case...here is one more.... smile.gif Sri
===============================================================================

The Incredibly Sweet Sound of Impending Doom: Madan Mohan (1924 - 1975)

Raghunandan R Bhat
October 19, 2005

Whenever I have listened to many of the incredibly beautiful melodies of Lata singing for Madan Mohan, my heart has always gone out to the unfortunate character who sang it on screen. Nothing good was ever going to come her way. Even the happiest of melodies seemed only a brief interlude in this tragedy called life. The most passionate of songs were only an invitation to a doomed love. Each note from these beautiful compositions seemed to ride on a background of melancholy - sometimes only a hint like in Main To Tumse Nain Milake Haar Gayee Sajana from Manmauji, sometimes so completely suffused with it as in Rasm-e-Ulfat ko Nibhayen to Nibhayen Kaise from Dil Ki Rahein. Except for a few honourable exceptions, Sadhana (Mera Saaya, Woh Kaun Thi), Nutan (Dulhan Ek Raat Ki) and Nargis (Adalat), almost all Madan's compositions were sung by heroines who were never quite top-rung. Two of his great compositions Woh Bhuli Dastaan and Chala hai kahan from Sanjog was picturised on Anita Guha. Enduring classics Hai Isi mein Pyaar ki Aabroo and Aap ki nazron ne samjha were shot on Mala Sinha and Bindu sang Jiya le gayo jee mora sawariya in Anpadh. The number of Madan's gems wasted on Priya Rajvansh is an indication of the saturnine misfortune that dogged him all his life. When the heroine was right, the film flopped. Nutan's Dulhan Ek Raat Ki with Sapnon mein agar mere was removed from theatres after just four days. Just once, Madan had his moment in the sun. The Director was right. The Heroine was right. And the film was a certified hit - Raj Khosla's Woh Kaun Thi with Sadhana ran for 25 weeks and every one thought Madan's work in the film would surely get the Filmfare award for that year. It got a nomination. But as the rumour goes a rival Music Director rigged the poll and laughed all the way to the podium. Raj Khosla who had worked with him before on the musically memorable Mera Saaya used him in the flop Chiraag and then never worked with Madan again.

Many years after Madan's death, his son Sanjeev Kohli wrote in a touching tribute to his father (Filmfare, 1997):
When we went on long car drives, dad would tell us to sing a song. Small and unfeeling that we were, we would start singing the songs composed by other music directors. He'd turn around and say, "Hey, even you!" At that time, we couldn't understand what he meant. We wouldn't sing his songs because they weren't easy to sing. That used to hurt him. Even his family didn't appreciate him.

Despite the obsequies of fate, Madan's creative muse flowered. For a film called Aap Ki Parchaiyaan with an unknown South Indian heroine opposite Dharmendra, he composed the classic - Agar Mujhse Mohabat hai. For Manmauji he tuned Chanda Ja. And then there were the string of pearls for Chetan Anand. Haqeeqat for which he tuned the most rousing patriotic song ever: Kar chale ham fida jaan-o-tan saathiyon, Ab tumhare hawale watan saathiyon had seven other classics which I fear to rank till this day. And then also for Chetan Anand in Hanste Zakhm was the jazz redux: Tum Jo Milgaye To and the orchestral classic for Heer Ranjha: Yeh Duniya yeh Mehfil, mere kaam ki nahin. If it were not for two Madan loyalists - Chetan Anand who used Madan in Haqeeqat, Naunihal, Heer Ranjha, Hanste Zakhm and Hindustan Ki Kasam and Om Prakash (the character actor known as much for his off screen generosity as his on screen villany) who used Madan Mohan in Sanjog, Jahan Ara, Gateway Of India and Chacha Zindabad, many of Madan Mohan's brilliant compositions would have remained uncomposed. Jahan Ara had three songs by Talat Mehmood - Phir Wahee Shaam, Main Teri Nazar ka Suroor, Tere Aankh ke ansoo and the duet with Lata - Ae Sanam aaj ye kasam khayein. This duet along with the other one from Suhagan - Tumhi To Mere Pooja ho are two of Talat's most melodious duets. The Talat-Madan combination gave some of the most moving songs ever: Meri Yaad mein tum na aanso bahana from Madhosh, Mera Qarar Leja and Main Pagal mera manwa pagal from Aashiana, Humse aaya na gaya from Dekh Kabeera Roya and a multi-singer Ho Ke Majboor from Haqeeqat.

Madan Mohan had the uncanny knack of getting the right singer to sing each of his compositions. Apart from Lata, Madan's choice of Mohamad Rafi was hauntingly perfect. In Chetan Anand's Naunihal Rafi sang that langourously seductive Tumhare Zulf ke Saaye mein Shaam kar loonga, Safar ik umr ka pal me tamam kar loonga, for a Guru Dutt Mala Sinha starrer Suhagan, Rafi sang Tu mere saamne hain and for Sunil Dutt in Mera Saaya Rafi's rendition of Aap ke Peheloon mein akar ro diye is heartbreakingly poignant. Rafi, it seems was hurt at Madan's stubborn choice of Talat for some of the the best songs of Jahan Ara. But not for long. With a portfolio that included Main nigahen teri chehere se from Aap Ki Parchaian, Rang aur Noor ki baraat from Ghazal, Ek Haseen Shaam Ko Dil Mera from Dulhan Ek Raat Ki, Chirag Dil Ka Jalao, bahot andhera hai from Chirag and that hauntingly perfect Tumse Kahoon Ek baat paronse halki halki from Dastak, Rafi had little to complain. And then there the duets - one with Asha - Humsafar saath apna chhod chale and the other with Lata from Heer Ranjha: Meri Duniya Mein Tum Aaye, Kya Kya Sapne Sath Liye - a magical dreamlike duet with almost no orchestration apart from the singers own melodious whispers. For Manna Dey too, Madan conjured that classic from Dekh Kabeera Roya - Kaun aaya mere Man ke dware and the achingly sweet duet with Lata - Bheegi Chandni Chayee Bekhudi from Suhagan.

The seventies saw Madan Mohan at his creative peak. R. D. Burman had gripped the nation's imagination with his western rhythms and was spawning imitations from a growing list of music directors. Madan refused to be swayed and composed some of his greatest songs in this period beginning with Rajinder Singh Bedi's Dastak - a work for which Madan recieved the country's highest honour - the National Award. Dastak had Lata at her melodious best. Baiyan Na Dharo, Hum Hai Mataye Kuchao and Mai Re Mai Kase Kahoon, and then that Rafi's painful anthem for solititude in a decaying urban chaos (the sound of a horse carriage moving through Bombay's Foras Road past midnight, rudely cutting the song in half) - Tumse Kahoon Ek Baat Paron Se Halki.... His work with Chetan Anand for Heer Ranjha and Hanste Zakhm was also in this period.

My own personal Madan favourite is an achingly sweet Khamaj from a film that ran for three days in a seedy Mumbai theatre - Dil Ki Raahein with Rehana Sultan and Rakesh Pandey. In constrast to the immensely popular Lata song from the same film, Rasm-E-Ulfat ko Nibhayein, this one never quite made it to the public memory. The same unfortunate film had a melodious Manna Dey, Usha Mangeshkar duet - Apne suron ko mere suron se milao. Yeh geet amar ho jaye. But the best of the lot was that lilting Khamaj by Lata. The song is almost happy, as if the actor had finally broken free of the melancholia that had run like an invisible thread through her voice and found true love. Like so many of Madan's gems, lyrics and melody are so perfectly matched that even after hearing it a thousand times, the experience is as fresh as it was the first time. Here it is:
Aap se baatein karein, Kya Dil ka afsaana kahein. Hosh mein donon nahin, Ab Kisko Diwana kahein

Close at number two is Madan's composition - a seductive Bhimpalas for Mera Saaya: Nainon mein Badra chaaye. Both seem to bring out that extra something from Lata Mangeshkar. Every note, every twang of the sitar, every word of the lyric is just right and every feeling perfectly nuanced. As with many of Madan's songs, it is difficult to tell what came first - the melody, the arrangement or the lyrics. Like the little known Bawarchi song - Lata's More naina bahaye neer.

Each of these musical classics with a handful of exceptions thudded at the box-office. Yet, Madan Mohan always had the grudging admiration of his peers. Naushad is supposed to have said that Madan ke Anpadh ki do ghazalon par meri zindagi ki sari mausiqui fida hai. Equally none of this fidayeen stopped the carping behind his back. The word that Madan bought misfortune had spread. Some of the industry's giants at that time - Dev Anand, Raj Kapoor - Madan's close friends never used him. There is a rumour that Raj Kapoor was discussing Satyam Shivam Sundaram with Madan just before he collapsed of an exhausted liver at Chetan Anand's house composing for Salim Anarkali - a film that Chetan Anand eventually shelved. Madan Mohan did not survive long. A few weeks later, leaving two doomed love stories Laila Majnu and Salim Anarkali unfinished Madan Mohan died on the 14th of July 1975.

In a tribute Ratna Rajaiah - a columnist for The Hindu, wrote:
His son Sanjeev Kohli recalls that his body was carried on the shoulders of Amitabh Bachchan, Vinod Khanna, Dharmendra, Rajesh Khanna and Rajendra Kumar and when a photograph of this hit the newspapers the next morning, Sanjeev says that he became more popular in college than he had ever been when his father was alive - because they suddenly realised the worth of the dead man by the men who were his pallbearers...

Some of Madan's unrecorded compositions salvaged by his son have been recently re-arranged as a musical score for a film made by a company that his son heads. Like his college friends, sadly, the unfortunate young of today can grasp the measure of a musical genius only when a pouting mega star lips syncs to them to the waves of his blow-dried hair. This time the stars are right, the film director is right and who knows, the film might just about be a hit. But its just not the same. Now that is real tragedy.

===============================================================================
excl.gif Don't miss the Madan Mohan Special Radio Program on HF Radio - on June 25th - his 82nd birthday - see the earlier post #6 for more details smile.gif Sri
Inaam
This is a fantastic article. Many thanks Sri Ji tongue1.gif
sri
excl.gif REMINDER
Madan Mohan Special Radio Program on HF Radio on the 82nd birth anniversary of this great composer.
The program will start on time...and there will be a 'bonus' track for those who tune in 5 minutes BEFORE the program is scheduled to start. All those interested ...please do tune in. The chat session will also be open during the program for those who wish to discuss the music ..and other matters. smile.gif Sri

Nimii
jump.gif yes yes.. will be there IPB Image mad.gif dekhti hoon Bhirgu ji kaise ham se pehle login karenge look.gif
Priya
Sri, aap graphics bhi karte hain? ohmy.gif
Nimii
Iss ne ab notice kiya mad.gif Did u not notice when he sent the pic in pm re headbang.gif

Why cant Sriji not learn angry2.gif grrrrrrrrrrr Priya!!!!!!!!!!!!

N look.gif
nm007
I hope you have a repeat later at noon EST.
(If not, you have to PM the program to me!)
sri
QUOTE(priya @ Jun 25 2006, 01:26 AM) *
no no...nothing formal....only whatever is needed to survive in the corporate jungle...plus some out of my own interest.....all this was done with the very basic 'paint' program - nothing fancy !
Hope you're tuning in today ...
smile.gif
Sri
r&d
great theme, sri ji.
Priya
QUOTE(sri @ Jun 25 2006, 08:22 AM) *
QUOTE(priya @ Jun 25 2006, 01:26 AM) *
no no...nothing formal....only whatever is needed to survive in the corporate jungle...plus some out of my own interest.....all this was done with the very basic 'paint' program - nothing fancy !
Hope you're tuning in today ...
smile.gif
Sri

Sorry Sri. sad1.gif We had a power failure. That is a problem with morning shows. cry.gif

Hope the repeat is at night. sad1.gif

I notice a kindred Virgoan precision for shade and colour matching in Ur posters!!!! laugh.gif
sri
QUOTE(priya @ Jun 25 2006, 03:09 PM) *

I notice a kindred Virgoan precision for shade and colour matching in Ur posters!!!! laugh.gif

ah ...you noticed !! i had to try several colours from the various shades in the photograph - before i could freeze the shade to be used laugh.gif

pity you couldn't tune in ...will let you know abt the repeat - should be in the night i guess
smile.gif
Sri

sri
QUOTE(r&d @ Jun 25 2006, 11:54 AM) *
great theme, sri ji.

glad you liked it, rajnish
thx for tuning in
smile.gif
sri
Priya
QUOTE(sri @ Jun 25 2006, 04:26 PM) *

ah ...you noticed !! i had to try several colours from the various shades in the photograph - before i could freeze the shade to be used laugh.gif

I know. Don't I well know!!!!! laugh.gif

Whereas I notice a bold use of contrast in the work of Ariens and Librans!!!! biggrin.gif

MM show mein AB songs the? U must play madira chalke tere nainon se--mujra wunly but good one!!!!
Nimii
Virgos always see RED, MAROONs and BLACKS laugh.gif

hehehehehehe
sri

Dhananjay
Sri,
Even I missed out on this program doh.gif cry.gif !!! I'm sure it was as good as your previous treats !! Looking forward to the repeat smile.gif.
sri
QUOTE(Dhananjay @ Jun 25 2006, 08:16 PM) *
Sri,
Even I missed out on this program doh.gif cry.gif !!! I'm sure it was as good as your previous treats !! Looking forward to the repeat smile.gif .

pity you missed it ....will let you know about the repeat.......sri
Talaikya
For Anu was it?

If she doesn't have it, it's gotta be rare!!

Sochta Hoon Piyun Piyun Na Piyun... Sawan Ke Mahine Mein (Slow), Mohd. Rafi, Sharabi (1965) Madan Mohan, Rajinder Krishan.

Click to view attachment

sri
Thx J ...yes it was Anu who wanted this

I'm down with a bad cold - that's why i'm up !!

cant sleep

Sri

Talaikya
Awww... I just got out of one, I can imagine how you feel. Take care Sri Click to view attachment
Did you want me to serenade you or are you gonna try and sleep now??
sri
QUOTE(Talaikya @ Jun 29 2006, 03:37 AM) *
Awww... I just got out of one, I can imagine how you feel. Take care Sri Click to view attachment
Did you want me to serenade you or are you gonna try and sleep now??

dont mind being serenaded for a while ......say 15-20 mins

sri

Talaikya
K flash chat it is ... while I line up some songs smile1.gif
sri
QUOTE(Talaikya @ Jun 29 2006, 03:44 AM) *
K flash chat it is ... while I line up some songs smile1.gif
okey dokey...i'm on the chat now
Talaikya
GN Sri, sleep well and wake up rested and recovered.
pradeepasrani
Sri

I am conscious that whenever you are presenting special programmes on the vintage music, it would be very difficult for you to cover all time zones at a convenient time for everyone. However please remember that for us, who are based in Middle East, Sunday mornings are a normal working day. So we tend to miss all the programmes. So when you repeat the programmes, please ensure that you cover such time zones, which might miss out due to reasons stated above, at a convenient time eg. Thursday nights or Friday Mornings (Late Mornings, of course biggrin.gif).

Thanks
sri
Vey good point , Pradeep ...and thanks for letting me know.
I should have known about the Thu/Fri weekend there...since I had lot of dealings with Dubai some years ago...but frankly, the thought escaped me.

Yes, it is difficult to cover all time zones...but at least one can try...and I do give it a lot of thought usually......which is why i'm so happy that you brought up this point which had completely missed my attention. Maybe it applies to Pakistan too...i suppose ??

However, all nights ought to be fine with ME folks, i guess - it's only the Sat / Sun mornings which would be a problem.....and usually one of the repeats is always at night - India time.

smile.gif
Sri
Priya
I always prefer Sat and Sun nights wunly.
Anil4
QUOTE(Nimii @ Jun 24 2006, 11:46 PM) *

jump.gif yes yes.. will be there IPB Image mad.gif dekhti hoon Bhirgu ji kaise ham se pehle login karenge look.gif

Nirmala ji

Sri will confirm that I reported for his program some 24 hours before the start of his actual program! Got my dates mixed up.

Being the thorough gentleman that he is, Sri played some special numbers for me 24 hours before the start of his special program!!!!.

And yes, I was one of the first ones to log in on Sunday, reported to Sri in the chat room but had to log out of chat ( but not HF Radio) as I had some people around. All of them listened and appreciated the program.

Anil (wondering when Nimii will strike at his trusted status).
SAJJAD
Can someone PLZ upload Rafi Saab's song...Yehi hai Tamana Music: MD.
sri
QUOTE(SAJJAD @ Jun 30 2006, 08:02 PM) *

will do Sajjad...after the match today !!
smile.gif
Sri

SAJJAD
QUOTE(sri @ Jun 30 2006, 08:20 PM) *

will do Sajjad...after the match today !!
smile.gif
Sri

Thank U Sri wub.gif
sri

Here it is, Sajjad :
07 Yehi hai tamanna, Rafi, Aap ki parchhaiyan 1964, Madan Mohan_Raja Mehdi Ali Khan

smile.gif
Sri
SAJJAD
QUOTE(sri @ Jun 30 2006, 11:42 PM) *

Here it is, Sajjad :
07 Yehi hai tamanna, Rafi, Aap ki parchhaiyan 1964, Madan Mohan_Raja Mehdi Ali Khan
CD rip @ 128kbps

smile.gif
Sri

Thank U Sri Saab wub.gif
akbaralibhai
Thank you very much Sri for this wonderful song.
sri
The song list of the Madan Mohan Radio program on his 82nd birth anniversary (June 25th) seems to have been wiped out by the hacker attack. So, here it is again :

MADAN MOHAN RADIO PROGRAM - JUNE 25, 2006

Program theme : SELECT SONGS OF 1964 - 31 songs
(The year 1964 truly belonged to Madan Mohan)

00 Opening sequence

JAHAN ARA - 4 songs
01 Woh chup rahe, Lata, Jahan Ara 1964, Madan Mohan_Rajinder Krishan
02 Phir wohi shaam, Talat Mahmood, Jahan Ara 1964, Madan Mohan-Rajinder Krishan
03 Baad muddat ki yeh ghadi aayi (ed), Rafi_Suman, Jahan Ara, Madan Mohan_Rajinder Krishan
04 Main teri nazar ka suroor hoon, Talat Mahmood, Jahan Ara 1964, Madan Mohan-Rajinder Krishan

05 Announcement 1

AAP KI PARCHHAIYAN - 3 songs
05a Khayyam speaks about Madan Mohan
05b Agar mujhse mohabbat hai, Lata, Aap ki parchhaiyan 1964, Madan Mohan_Raja Mehdi Ali Khan
06 Main nigahen tere chehre se, Rafi, Aap ki parchhaiyan 1964,Madan Mohan_Raja Mehdi Ali Khan

08 Announcement 2

SHARABI - 3 songs
08a Sawan ke mahine mein _ slow, Rafi (with intro by Madan Mohan), Sharabi 1964, MadanMohan_RajinderKrishan
09 Kabhi na kabhi, Rafi, Sharabi 1964, Madan Mohan_Rajinder Krishan
10 Sawan ke mahine mein_fast, Rafi, Sharabi 1964, Madan Mohan_Rajinder Krishan

11 Announcement 3

SUHAGAN - 5 songs
11a Lata speaks of rehearsals with MM
11b Ek baat poochti hoon, Lata, Suhagan 1964, MadanMohan_HasratJaipuri
12 Tum hi to meri puja ho, Lata_Talat Mahmood, Suhagan 1964, Madan Mohan_Hasrat Jaipuri
13 Tu mere saamne hai, Rafi, Suhagan 1964, Madan Mohan_Hasrat Jaipuri
14 Mere pyar mein, Rafi, Suhagan 1964, Madan Mohan_Hasrat Jaipuri
15 Bheegi chandni, Lata_Manna Dey, Suhagan 1964, Madan Mohan_Hasrat Jaipuri

16 Announcement 4

GAZAL - 3 songs
16a Lata speaks about ghazals and MM
16b Rang aur noor ki baaraat, Rafi, Gazal 1964, Madan Mohan_Sahir
17 Mujhe yeh phool na de, Rafi-Suman, Gazal 1964, MadanMohan_Sahir
18 Dil khush hai aaj unse, Rafi, Gazal 1964, Madan Mohan_Sahir

19 Announcement 5

HAQEEQAT - 5 songs
19a Lata speaks about MM
19b Zara si aahat hoti hai, Lata, Haqeeqat 1964, Madan Mohan_Kaifi Azmi
20 Ab tumhare hawale vatan sathiyon (kar chale hum fida), Rafi, Haqeeqat 1964, Madan Mohan_Kaifi Azmi
21 Masti mein chhed ke, Rafi, Haqeeqat 1964, Madan Mohan_Kaifi Azmi
22 Hoke majboor mujhe, Rafi_Talat_Manna Dey_Bhupinder, Haqeeqat 1964, Madan Mohan_Kaifi Azmi
23 Main yeh sochkar, Rafi, Haqeeqat 1964, Madan Mohan_Kaifi Azmi

24 Announcement 6

POOJA KE PHOOL - 4 songs
24a Meri aankhon se koi, Lata (intro by Jagjit Singh), Pooja ke phool 1964, Madan Mohan_Rajinder Krishan
25 Ab do dilon ki mushkil,Rafi_Asha,Pooja ke phool 1964,Madan Mohan_Rajinder Krishan
26 Dil todna kisi ka, Lata, Pooja ke phool 1964, Madan Mohan_Rajinder Krishan
27 Sanam apni palkon pe tujhko bithaakar, Rafi, Pooja ke phool 1964, Madan Mohan_Rajinder Krishan

28 Announcement 7

WOH KAUN THI - 4 songs
28a Naina barse, Madan Mohan and Lata (intro by MadanMohan), Woh kaun thi 1964, MadanMohan_RajaMehdiAliKhan
29 Shokh nazar ki bijliyan,AshaBhosle,Woh kaun thi 1964,MadanMohan-RajaMehdiAliKhan
30 Aap kyon roye,Lata,Woh kaun thi 1964,MadanMohan-RajaMehdiAliKhan
31 Lag ja gale (intro by Lata), Lata, Woh kaun thi 1964, MadanMohan_RajaMehdiAliKhan

32 Concluding sequence
sri
Madan Mohan Radio Progam aired on June 25, 2006.

Opening Sequence of the program....explains the theme of the radio program.

Here it is :

MM00 Opening sequence

smile.gif
Sri
sri
Song No. 5
Madan Mohan Program on HF Radio
song requested by akbaralibhai

MM05b Agar mujhse mohabbat hai, Lata, Aap ki parchhaiyan 1964, Madan Mohan_Raja Mehdi Ali Khan

One of the best Lata-MM numbers ever composed !

smile.gif
Sri
sri
Song No. 6
another song requested - from the same film 'Aap ki parchhaiyan'

MM06 Main nigahen tere chehre se, Rafi, Aap ki parchhaiyan 1964,Madan Mohan_Raja Mehdi Ali Khan,

Lut gaye hosh to .....phir hosh mein aaoon kaise ?

smile.gif
Sri
sri
Song No. 7
another song requested - from the same film 'Aap ki parchhaiyan'

MM07 Yehi hai tamanna, Rafi, Aap ki parchhaiyan 1964, Madan Mohan_Raja Mehdi Ali Khan,

Zara dekh loon main yeh rukh ki bahaaren
yeh kad pyara pyara, yeh zulfon ke saaye

Yehi hai tamanna tere dar ke saamne
Meri jaan jaaye, meri jaan jaaye, haye

smile.gif
Sri
akbaralibhai
Thank you very much Sri Bhai, so far I am really enjoying the requested songs in such good quality.
sri
Most welcome...akbaralibhai !!

Here's Song No. 11

MM11b Ek baat poochti hoon, Lata, Suhagan 1964, MadanMohan_HasratJaipuri,

Typical Madan Mohan song (the initial music itself reveals his stamp !)...in rare combination with Hasrat Jaipuri and his favourite singer, the incomparable Lata Mangeshkar.

smile.gif
Sri
fiftysomeone
QUOTE(sri @ Sep 10 2006, 06:44 PM) *

Here's Song No. 11
MM11b Ek baat poochti hoon, Lata, Suhagan 1964, MadanMohan_HasratJaipuri, CD
CD rip @ 128 kbps
Typical Madan Mohan song (the initial music itself reveals his stamp !)...in rare combination with Hasrat Jaipuri and his favourite singer, the incomparable Lata Mangeshkar.
smile.gif
Sri

The mukhda of this song (probably picturized on Mala Sinha) seems similar to another MM-Lata classic "Mujhe Yaad Karne Waale" from Rishte Naate (1964) *ing Nutan.
Thx for all your efforts, Sri.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.