Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Let's Create A Site On Geeta Dutt
Hamara Forums > Legends > Geeta Dutt
Pradeep
Hello Geeta Dutt Fans,

Similar to Mohdrafi.com, Yoodleeyoo.com, Asha-bhonsle.com, I am planning on to create a site for Geeta Dutt. Please let me know if any of you wish to be a part in creating this website.

I am looking for any and all kind of information regarding Geeta Dutt : About her, articles on her, awards, song database etc.,

Thank you all in advance. smile1.gif

Regards,
bchatterjee
QUOTE(Pradeep @ Aug 17 2005, 11:37 PM)
Hello Geeta Dutt Fans,

Similar to Mohdrafi.com, Yoodleeyoo.com, Asha-bhonsle.com, I am planning on to create a site for Geeta Dutt. Please let me know if any of you wish to be a part in creating this website.

I am looking for any and all kind of information regarding Geeta Dutt : About her, articles on her, awards, song database etc.,

Regards,

Absolutely.....GREAT IDEA...

Pradeep ji, if I was in India I would also get in touch with Arun Dutt and Nina Memon for their inputs etc. to make this site an even more eventful place.....

I am sure some Bombayites can be of great help....

It is hard to do all these when you are 10000+ miles away ....

Then Devi Dutt, Vijay, Lalitha Lajmi, Kalpana Lajmi could be of great help....If you get it started the ball will keep rolling.....

Moreover, I lost the contacts of Geeta ji's brother who is in Kansas.....
I tried looking for the last name Roy Chowdhury but is still unsuccessful.....

Let me see if I can get any contacts of his.....(last spoke to him in 1997, then got busy with my work and did not keep it up:()

Bappa

Please let me know how we all can contribute to the success of this site......
I am hoping people will help as much as they can...

Pradeep
Nice to hear that Bappa smile1.gif

I've collected information from the net and formed a brief writeup about her. Here is the doc attached. I hope more would join in and collectively bring in most accurate information about her.

Click to view attachment

Please feel free to post your corrections on this thread.
bchatterjee
Another pretty accurate and less known facts about Geeta Dutt.
(From my earlier post)

Bappa
mahesh
QUOTE(Pradeep @ Aug 17 2005, 10:37 PM)
Hello Geeta Dutt Fans,

Regards,

please let us know of any help you want from us[geeta dutt fans].
some information about her various music directors is available at yahoo geeta groups.the link is

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/geetadutt/database

regards,
mahesh
sri
QUOTE(bchatterjee @ Aug 17 2005, 11:55 PM)
Hello Geeta Dutt Fans,

Regards,

Let me see if I can get any contacts of his.....(last spoke to him in 1997, then got busy with my work and did not keep it up:()

Bappa

didn't Geeta Dutt have a brother who went by the name of MUKUL ROY ? who composed music for the film Detective and a few others

sri
mahesh
two of geeta's brothers were music directors and they gave some memorable music-
mukul roy-bhed,detective,sailaab etc.
kanu roy-uski kahani,anubhav,aavishkar etc.
mukul roy also produced the film ''sailaab''
regards,
mahesh
bchatterjee
This is the youngest brother who is an engineer.....I forgot his first name, but if I hear it I will remember...Very old-times type name (Bengali)

Bappa

QUOTE(sri @ Aug 21 2005, 12:35 AM)
Hello Geeta Dutt Fans,

Regards,

Bappa

didn't Geeta Dutt have a brother who went by the name of MUKUL ROY ? who composed music for the film Detective and a few others

sri

Pradeep
Thank you Bappa for the doc. Thanks Mahesh for the group link.

Do you know Geeta Dutt's parents name?
usha
Great idea pradeep,she definitely deserves to be among the greats....
Pradeep
Thanks Usha.

If anyone has more info, please add to this family tree. I don't know Geeta Dutt's parents name. Rest I've constructed from Bappa's document and various sources on the Internet.

Click to view attachment
mahesh
nina is married to mehmood's nephew[brother's son].
geeta had one more brother and four or five sisters.
one of the sisters was married to film director pramod chakravarti.
regards,
mahesh
bchatterjee
QUOTE(Pradeep @ Aug 24 2005, 02:28 PM)
Thanks Usha.

If anyone has more info, please add to this family tree. I don't know Geeta Dutt's parents name. Rest I've constructed from Bappa's document and various sources on the Internet.

Click to view attachment

Father Devendranath Roy Chowdhury....

Bappa
bchatterjee
QUOTE(Pradeep @ Aug 24 2005, 02:28 PM)
Thanks Usha.

Click to view attachment

Atmaram has no dutt.....
Vijay is the last brother of Guru Dutt

Pradeep
Thanks Mahesh, Bappa. Hope other names also get filled up soon. smile1.gif

Click to view attachment
bchatterjee
QUOTE(Pradeep @ Aug 25 2005, 05:09 PM)
Thanks Mahesh, Bappa. Hope other names also get filled up soon.  smile1.gif

Click to view attachment

The order among Padukone siblings are:

Guru Dutt
Shashidhar (died in 7 months)
Atmaram
Lalitha
Devidutt
Vijay
parag_sankla
Hi All Geetaji Fans

I have a faith that some one from the forum has insight on website hosting and web designing.

If we can cherish the dream of making a website on Geetaji, we can accomplish so many things :

1) A site on the beloved singer's name : A small tribute from her fans to her soul
2) A central repository of information, pictures and of course songs of Geetaji
3) Since all the senior members have so many rare and rarest songs of Geetaji, we can surely build a great database of her songs
4) A site on Geetaji's name will have higher chances of coming on the first (or atleast second) page of most of the popular search engines (most people do use google ! )
5) This will give more popularity and fame which our beloved singer deserves
6) Also all those fans of Geetaji who did not know of our forum, can benefit from this site
7) As the forum retains the song attachments only for 30 days, people who have discovered this forum obviously can not get to those sweet melodies. This can be taken care of by the web site
8) Last but not the least, it will be a great tribute to her fan late Bappaji, who had been contributing to this forum immensely

I request all the senior members to think about this.

Since I do not have any expertise on website hosting and/or web designing, I am afraid I can not take the initiative on the technical front. I would be exremely happy to make contribution from my side for this noble cause.

At least I can think I was a small part for a greater cause in my life.

With love and warmest regards
Parag
parag_sankla
I have added a message for Pradeepji here in this context.

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...0&gopid=260096&

Hoping to hear back from him.
parag_sankla
New update on this topic can be found here :

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...0&gopid=260706&

Thanks Pradeepji again.
parag_sankla
Here is the latest information I have , courtsey Pradeepji (May be you guys are aware of it, but I thought of sharing it with all )

Any one who types wwww.geetadutt.com gets redirected to the Geetaji's sub-forum.

Just a small piece of happiness for me (and all the Geetaji fans)

biggrin.gif

Best Regards
Parag
mahesh
that's great,
pradeepji and parag,
please let me know of any help required for geetaji's website.
regards,
mahesh
parag_sankla
Hi Maheshji, thanks for the initiative.

Soon work is going to start on building this web-site. Pradeepji is the central point of contact for it.
All the Geetaji fans, let us contribute for this cause in whichever way we can.

P.S. I am seeing so much enthusiasm and activity on the Noorjehan forum about the site www.noor-jehan.com they are coming up with. Again Pradeepji is the key person there.
deepak
Padeep Ji...!
If any information is required from Kolkata...Let me know....I will try my best here...
parag_sankla
Based on the information from Mukul Roy ji (told to me by the author Haimanti Banerjee ji), Mukul and Geeta had another brother named Bishu. Now, I do not know if this is a typical Bengali old name and if this is the brother Bappa da was referring to.

May be Mahesh can throw some light on the same.

Regards
Parag

QUOTE(bchatterjee @ Aug 20 2005, 07:29 PM) *

This is the youngest brother who is an engineer.....I forgot his first name, but if I hear it I will remember...Very old-times type name (Bengali)

Bappa

QUOTE(sri @ Aug 21 2005, 12:35 AM)
Hello Geeta Dutt Fans,

Regards,

Bappa

sri

Jaju
QUOTE(Pradeep @ Aug 25 2005, 04:09 PM) *

Thanks Mahesh, Bappa. Hope other names also get filled up soon. smile1.gif

Click to view attachment

Nina married to Naushad Memon, daughter Nafeesa

http://www.hamaraforums.com/lofiversion/index.php/t10852.html
parag_sankla
Many thanks Jaju ji for the information. I will surely use this information for building up the family tree. I have already started a new thread for the family tree here

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?showtopic=75797

Thanks and Regards
Parag
shashankchickermane72
QUOTE(Pradeep @ Aug 17 2005, 10:37 PM) *

Hello Geeta Dutt Fans,

Regards,

Fantastic Idea. Yes i will help u for this site. biggrin.gif

Pradeepji I have uploaded photos of geetadutt in this forum and also i will send u some other photos to u as early as possible.

parag_sankla
QUOTE(shashankchickermane72 @ Apr 27 2009, 06:03 AM) *

Hello Geeta Dutt Fans,

Regards,

Pradeepji I have uploaded photos of geetadutt in this forum and also i will send u some other photos to u as early as possible.

Shashank ji

Many thanks for your interest in this thread. Pradeep ji had initiated this idea almost 4 years ago and finally we launched this site (www.geetadutt.com) on 23rd November 2008. Due to some reasons Pradeep ji is no longer active on HF. I am taking the responsibility of working on the site www.geetadutt.com. A small group of music lovers is helping me. We are planning to update and technically upgrade the site soon. In case you would like to help us in any ways, please feel free to contact at the official email address of the site geetaduttfans@gmail.com

Thanks in advance

Best Regards
Parag
shashankchickermane72
QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Apr 27 2009, 09:47 PM) *

QUOTE(shashankchickermane72 @ Apr 27 2009, 06:03 AM) *

Hello Geeta Dutt Fans,

Regards,

Shashank ji

Many thanks for your interest in this thread. Pradeep ji had initiated this idea almost 4 years ago and finally we launched this site (www.geetadutt.com) on 23rd November 2008. Due to some reasons Pradeep ji is no longer active on HF. I am taking the responsibility of working on the site www.geetadutt.com. A small group of music lovers is helping me. We are planning to update and technically upgrade the site soon. In case you would like to help us in any ways, please feel free to contact at the official email address of the site geetaduttfans@gmail.com

Thanks in advance

Best Regards
Parag

Thanx Paragji, i m there to help u in any extent to this website. I will try to send the photos earliest as possible. there is one rarest photo of geetaduttji, madanmohan, premnath which i had uploaded it in both the sites. and i will send u some other photos. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
parag_sankla
That is so nice of you Shashank ji. Friends and music lovers like you have helped us in a big way for making this site. I am sure we will continue to get support and help from all to make the site even better!

Cheers
Parag
parag_sankla
QUOTE(bchatterjee @ Aug 17 2005, 11:25 AM) *

Hello Geeta Dutt Fans,

Regards,

Pradeep ji, if I was in India I would also get in touch with Arun Dutt and Nina Memon for their inputs etc. to make this site an even more eventful place.....

Then Devi Dutt, Vijay, Lalitha Lajmi, Kalpana Lajmi could be of great help....If you get it started the ball will keep rolling.....

Bappa

Is it any ways possible to get in touch with the above mentioned people? That way we can make our site even more authentic with lots of exclusive information, pictures etc.

Thanks
Parag
parag_sankla
Remembering the vision and efforts of the founders of this forum in reserving the domain name and giving all of us an opportunity to pay tribute to our beloved singer Geeta ji. Thanks Pradeep and Nimmi.

Best Regards
Geeta Dutt fans team

parag_sankla
QUOTE(bchatterjee @ Aug 17 2005, 10:25 AM) *

Hello Geeta Dutt Fans,

Regards,

Bappa

Bappa

We miss you on this special occasion. We hosted this website, a tribute to our beloved Geeta ji. It has been a year we launched the site. Many people have appreciated it.

Today we have posted a special article as a tribute to you.

http://www.geetadutt.com/blog/?p=559

Parag

hildebrand
God bless Bappa's soul. I am sure he's up there partying with Geeta ji.
parag_sankla
I keep thinking how enthusiastic these people were in the year 2005 when the idea came up. It is really the kindness of HF founders to give this opportunity to all of us to make this dream website happen.

hildebrand
Yes. Three cheers for the HF Founders. smile1.gif
parag_sankla
I was discussing this website of ours with a friend of mine. He brought out a very interesting angle. This is what he had to say:

It will not be surprising if some one comes up with a website dedicated to a singer who is currently active and whose work is very easily available. It can also have some (current or future) commercial angle in the minds of the people hosting the site.

In the case of http://www.geetadutt.com , the artist in question has passed away several decades ago. Her prime period is even further in the past. Still, a group of music lovers coming together and building an informative site about her is absolutely phenomenal. The fact that every one is doing this out of interest and willingness makes it even more special.

Thank you all.

Cheers
Parag
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.