Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cleaned Shamshad Songs
Hamara Forums > Legends > Legendary Singers > Shamshad Begum
kistin
Hello all,

In this topic, I'll try to share my work consisting of cleaned songs.

It will be just a humble try and I would be happy if I can contribute to Shamshad Begum forum.

The first song Ashish requested "Sawan Ke Nazare Hain" was fully saturated. This means that it was impossible to clean it thoroughly. I could clean only the cleanable noise.

Although I can't call it "cleaned", I have obtained a result better than the one Ashish pointed out but has still some noise that cannot be removed as it is due to severe saturation.

Please note that I didn't add any effects, and hence preserve its originality.

P.S.
The worst case for cleaning is severe saturation and echo. Therefore when you rip the songs from old cassettes etc., do not open the volume too much. That is, the record indicator, if any, should be in green or yellow region. It should never show red! If it becomes red, this means saturation.

Here is the cleaned (according to me its not!) song. Please let me know if an unsaturated record is possible.

Sawan Ke Nazare Hain - Khazanchi (1941)

Regards,
Kistin
kistin
I have cleaned the following song and want to share with all brothers/sisters

Kabhi Aar Kabhi Paar - Aar Paar (1954), by Shamshad Begum

Regards,
Kistin
kistin
I would be happy if my work is criticized, as it will help me to develop my work...

Thanks,
Kistin
sbfan
QUOTE(kistin @ Jul 5 2005, 05:37 AM)
I would be happy if my work is criticized, as it will help me to develop my work...

Thanks,
Kistin

Hi kistin

Million thanks to you for the swan ke nazare song. The quality has definitely improved.It is 1941 vintage song only now i have got it. therefore agar thodi si bhi imrovement ki gunjhaish ho to kya bura hai.
sorry i cannot reply last night. please continue with your dedicated effort. Thanks once again
I will give you some more songs which can be improved

with warm regards

ashish
urzung khan
QUOTE(kistin @ Jul 5 2005, 05:07 AM)

Thanks,
Kistin

Pl try your skills with this file:
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?act=...e=post&id=28976

kistin
Hi kistin

Million thanks to you for the swan ke nazare song. The quality has definitely improved.It is 1941 vintage song only now i have got it. therefore agar thodi si bhi imrovement ki gunjhaish ho to kya bura hai.
sorry i cannot reply last night. please continue with your dedicated effort. Thanks once again
I will give you some more songs which can be improved

with warm regards

ashish

Hello Ashish,

I'm happy that you liked the cleaned song. If it was unsaturated before, the result would be surprisingly good!
By the way, I don't understand the Indian languages! smile1.gif

You are always weicome.

With best regards
Kistin
kistin
Urzung Khan,

I'll examine the cleanability of the song you requested and will let you know.

Regards,
Kistin
sbfan
QUOTE(kistin @ Jul 5 2005, 04:44 PM)

Hello Ashish,

I'm happy that you liked the cleaned song. If it was unsaturated before, the result would be surprisingly good!
By the way, I don't understand the Indian languages! smile1.gif

You are always weicome.

With best regards
Kistin

Hi kistin

wow , you don't understand indian languages ,but inspite of this you are so much dedicated in the work that is completely amazing so you deserve another tons of thanks. How did you generate interset in this .

regards

ashish
kistin
Hi kistin

wow , you don't understand indian languages ,but inspite of this you are so much dedicated in the work that is completely amazing so you deserve another tons of thanks. How did you generate interset in this .

regards

ashish

Hi Ashish,

I'm from Turkey!

Well, this is a long story. Everything had started, when I was a child, with the movies AWARA and SANGAM -starring Raj Kapoor, who is well known by people in my ages in Turkey.

As far as I remember, these movies were in vision in Turkey in late 1960's or early 1970's. ( You can easily guess that I'm elder than many people in this forum! ) I liked the songs in those films very much, and for years I didn't forget them. ( As I always say, I should check my genetic structure if my ancestors are from India! )

Later-thanks to internet-I found nice Indian sites, like the one here, and downloaded many songs and found out that I like mainly the old ones. Hence I started the project of cleaning old Indian songs more than one year before. At this moment the number of cleaned songs are over 60.

My plan is to prepare one or two gift CD s, composed of the best of cleaned old Indian songs, and present it to the Ambassador of India in my country, Turkey.

I'm not pretentious but just want to have a humble chance just for the sake of cultural relations and fellowship.

Regards,
Kistin
ketadxb
Dear Kistin,
hats of to you and all the best for your project , you will surely make every Indian and every music lover proud thanks a million for your efforts, it is loves labour and alwyas opaya many ways than one, You definitely have Mussical genes if Indian or not

Regards

Keshav[

quote=kistin,Jul 5 2005, 09:12 PM]
[quote]Hi kistin

regards

ashish
[/quote]
Hi Ashish,

I'm from Turkey!

Well, this is a long story. Everything had started, when I was a child, with the movies AWARA and SANGAM -starring Raj Kapoor, who is well known by people in my ages in Turkey.

As far as I remember, these movies were in vision in Turkey in late 1960's or early 1970's. ( You can easily guess that I'm elder than many people in this forum! ) I liked the songs in those films very much, and for years I didn't forget them. ( As I always say, I should check my genetic structure if my ancestors are from India! )

Later-thanks to internet-I found nice Indian sites, like the one here, and downloaded many songs and found out that I like mainly the old ones. Hence I started the project of cleaning old Indian songs more than one year before. At this moment the number of cleaned songs are over 60.

My plan is to prepare one or two gift CD s, composed of the best of cleaned old Indian songs, and present it to the Ambassador of India in my country, Turkey.

I'm not pretentious but just want to have a humble chance just for the sake of cultural relations and fellowship.

Regards,
Kistin

[/quote]
kistin
Dear Kistin,
hats of to you and all the best for your project , you will surely make every Indian and every music lover proud thanks a million for your efforts, it is loves labour and alwyas opaya many ways than one, You definitely have Mussical genes if Indian or not

Regards

Keshav[

Dear Keshav,

Thanks a lot for your noble reply. As a humble music lover, I really appreciate this support.

I'll try to continue this work.

Thanks again.

Best regards,
Kistin
kistin
Urzung Khan Bhai,

I have learnt that bhai means brother (Thanks to ANT bhai).

Here is your request. We have again the same problem of saturation! However I obtained an improved version (can't call it "cleaned") which is much better than the one you have pointed out.

I hope you like it. Please accept it as a humble gift.

Chalo Paniya Bharan - Khandan (1942) ... by Noor Jehan & Shamshad Begum

Regards,
Kistin
sbfan

Hi kistin .
nice to have a reply to you.cheers for your gesture of goodwill.awara and other r.k. films were widely acclaimed ,but they created music lovers like you that's the big thing
have you ever tied to learn hindi owing to your love for the old songs
Regarding your latest song chalo paniya ,results are very good it became too clear. thanks it is also a vintage 1941 song.
Here is a new request. I am afraid that it might also be saturated but let us see

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?act=...e=post&id=31252
it is by shamshad too.
warm regards

ashish
kistin
QUOTE(ashish2345 @ Jul 7 2005, 04:45 AM)
Hi kistin .
nice to have a reply to you.cheers for your gesture of goodwill.awara and other r.k. films were widely acclaimed  ,but they created music lovers like you that's the big thing
have you ever tied to learn hindi owing to your love for the old songs
Regarding your  latest song chalo paniya ,results are very good it became too clear. thanks it is also a vintage 1941 song.
Here is a new request. I am afraid that it might also be saturated but let us see

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?act=...e=post&id=31252
it is by shamshad too.
warm regards

ashish

Hi Ashish,
Thanks a lot for your nice wishes. I am enthusiastic about learning Hindi language. For this purpose I tried to use the Babylon dictionary, but unfortunately there is no "Hindi to English Glossary" in their site. When I first came to this forum, I asked for it and Unni Jee (See I know the word Jee!) proposed me some online dictionaries which are difficult for me to use. Yet, I will try to use them.

By the way, On saturday I will take a vacation and will be back in late August. Until then, I will not be able to continue the cleaning of the songs.
Sorry, for your request. Lets see it in late August.
Until then, cheers...

With best regards,
Kistin
kistin
Marhaba all!

I have downloaded following song from this forum and it has been cleaned.

Ek Tera Sahara - Shamshad Begum - Shama (1946)

Please accept it as a humble gift from my side ... gift.gif

Regards,
Kistin smile.gif
sbfan
Hi Kistin

Welcome back .Thanks a lot for the clean version

warm regards

ashish
kistin
QUOTE(ashish2345 @ Feb 1 2006, 04:46 AM) *

Hi Kistin

Welcome back .Thanks a lot for the clean version

warm regards

ashish

Hi Ashish,

Its pleasure for me, and here is another.

Ho Dekh Meri Ada - Shamshad Begum - Moti Mahal (1952)

Regards
kistin
Mohammed Bhai,

Out of the songs I have ever cleaned, I think that this was the most difficult one. Total duration of cleaning process was approximately 12 hours.

Although there are still some errors, the song is mostly corrected.

Here is the cleaned version. I hope that you enjoy it.

Gori Ke Nainon Mein - Shamshad Begum & Kishore Kumar - Angarey (1954)
friend4u
Thanks a lot Kistin
kistin
Nanhi Si Jaan - Mohammad Rafi & Shamshad Begum - Nadiya Ke Paar (1948)

Reuploaded, because obtained a much better version.

Here is the link :

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=410654
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.