Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: About Indo-Pak Cricket Series !!!
Hamara Forums > General > Sports
Pages: 1, 2
dhiren
Hi,

On one side where india-pakistan cricket series is going to start today and the other hand every indian politian is buzy in forthcoming election. But all indians have tuned there TV channel for cricket series and not for election.

As all indians and pakistanis were waited for this series from very long time. Chalo Yaar! KAHI SE TO RISHTO KI SHURUVAAT HUYI. This is series should be very imp. for us, as it shows new future for us irresepective of who will win and who will losses. Result should not be important for us.

I also want to know your opinion, especially our pakistani friends.

Regards,

Dhiren ph34r.gif

myawan
Yes Dhiren you are correct. Results don't matter, both the teams should play cool minded and concentrate on good cricket.
YaarMere
Damn good match. Well done.
safraznabi
dhiren your absolutely right, results dont matter as long as we get great cricket from these top 2 teams, as we did this first match ( and i dont even follow cricket) but congratulations to the indian team for an awesome win.
regards
safraz nabi
Anil4
Really, the game of cricket was the winner in the first one-dayer.
vivekpm

Yes Dhiren you are correct. Results don't matter, both the teams should play cool minded and concentrate on good cricket.

And your wish was granted by the two teams. Amazing display of cricket.

Here are some of the Highlights of the match which are worth mentioning:
  • Sehwag's attacking start and a great strokeful display of his batting
  • "The Great Wall of India" standing up again for the country
  • Useful contributions by Kaif and Ganguly
  • Good start by India's pace bowlers
  • Great fightback by Inzy and Youhana (Youhana is my fav Pak Cricketer)
  • Positive mindset of Pakistani batsmen
  • Kaif's scintillating diving catch
  • Nehra's last full-toss ball which reminded of Javed Miandad
  • Miandad's window-coaching...It was good to see players and coach thinking only Cricket

I believe Kaif's catch was the turning point of the match. The batsmen of both the team played equally well and bowlers of both the team have a lots of room for improvement.

Having said all these, kudos to the crowd of Karachi for being a very sportive audience. Every boundary was cheered be it by Sehwag or by Inzy.

Looking forward for the entire series...

Cheers,
myawan
Yes vivek, the Kaif's catch was the turning point of the match. It could be the other case as well, could have been a destructive collision as well.
vivekpm
QUOTE (myawan @ Mar 16 2004, 09:56 AM)
It could be the other case as well, could have been a destructive collision as well.

Very true...Could have been a nasty collision and Kaif would have been packing his bags again but then, you need to take chances in such matches...

Perhaps that is what I like in current Indian team...they are ready to dive (and not after the ball has went thru their legs smile.gif )

Waiting anxiously for today's encounter. All the best to both the teams...

Cheers,
Flex001
Well done Pakistan on your win!!!

Regards

Flex
dhiren
Congrats !!! PAK, a good win......

Hope so, last 3 matches will be good as first 2 matches....

All the very best Ind and Pak....

Dhiren
vivekpm
Ahhhhh....What a game....Can cricket get any better than this?

Congratulations to Pakistan for this win...

I guess today it was our batting that betrayed us sad.gif

Apart from Tendulkar and Dravid none of the top order batsment stayed. But then that is cricket...

Very much looking forward to the next match and specially Irfan Pathan who will be back in the team because of Nehra's Injury...

Highlights...

Afridi and Hameed's opening stand...
India's poor bowling again...
Good late attach by Shoiab Malik and Razaaq...
Decent debut by Powar...
Good bowling by Sami...
Rocking century by Tendulkar...
Fighting attempt by Powar and Balaji...

Friends, this is a must see series. All matches going right down the wire...

My Indian Team for next match...

Sachin Tendulkar
Virendra Sehwag
Saurav Ganguly
Rahul Dravid
Yuvraj Singh
M. Kaif
Hemang Badani
Ramesh Powar
Irfan Pathan
Zaheer Khan
L. Balaji

What say?

Cheers,
Nimii
Yesterday was sooooooooooooooooooooooooo trageic for us sad.gif

But I am so glad that Pakistan came back with revenge smile.gif I love their fighting spirit!!

Btw why has Irfan not been taken?? Vivek why did you take out Laxman in your next team selection?? Our fielding is the only thing that is fairly good at the moment sad.gif Batting mein sirf I have trust in Rahul the rest are hit well or duck maaro sad.gif

ayyo kya hoga re sad.gif

N sad.gif
vivekpm
QUOTE (Nimii @ Mar 17 2004, 10:09 AM)
Btw why has Irfan not been taken?? Vivek why did you take out Laxman in your next team selection?? Our fielding is the only thing that is fairly good at the moment sad.gif Batting mein sirf I have trust in Rahul the rest are hit well or duck maaro sad.gif

ayyo kya hoga re sad.gif

N sad.gif

Irfan is not preferred over Nehra by our team management. Balaji is bowling well so we cannot chuck him out and Zaheer is our strike bowler so this left no room for Pathan. But he is a good talent and shd be in team and he is 1000 times better in batting also compared to Nehra...

About Laxman, I agree that he is a great batsman. But in ODIs (even after performing well in triseries in Aus) he needs to improvise a bit. Not that he cannot do it but at this moment that is lacking.

Also, Badani has never done any harm whenever he is given a chance. He is a good fielder too. I am not sure why should we not include Badani in playing 11!!!!

Cheers,
myawan
When Balaji and Powar were hitting, the match looked to go to India. This guy Powar is really talented. He bowled well and then he batted very well. I think he is the discovery of the first two matches for India.
YaarMere
I can not believe that nobody has congratulated us, don't be like that people, chin up
( joke smile.gif )

Any1 see big man's out of the ground '6'? respect to that one.
myawan
Congratulations to Pakistani team for being 2-1 up in the series. Bravo!
Nimii
QUOTE (myawan @ Mar 19 2004, 09:17 PM)
Congratulations to Pakistani team for being 2-1 up in the series. Bravo!

Haan Congrats to Pakistan Team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go guys!!

N smile.gif
YaarMere
Must say, that was rather 1 sided... up 4 wednesday?
Flex001
All square now!

Regards

Flex
Nimii
Great match!! It is 2 - 2. Now we have to see the 24th ka match!!!!!!!!!!

I loved the way Inzy spoke yesterday smile.gif)

Btw anyone knows the cricketeer who interviewed Inzy yesterday?? I couldnt place him sad.gif

N :|
ps: Where is Zaheer Abbas these days?????????? Sunil Gavaskar and he kinda shared the place in world cricket!!

Nimii
Yesterday was Ugadi (a new year for we the ppl of Karnataka). Our Karnataka boy did us proud. Rahul a consistent player we have on the team sad.gif

Kaifu did excellent and has now a special place in our team smile.gif fielding aur batting mein dono safal raha hai smile.gif

Thanks Rahul and Kaifu smile.gif We love you!

N smile.gif

Ashraf
Nimiiji

You look like an all rounder tongue.gif ...From where u people gets these much time!!!....The answer to ur question is Rameez Raja the former pakistani batsman who interviewed Inzamam.....I am not die hard cricket fan....No idea about Zaheer Abbas....I am sure that u r from Karnataka.

regard...Ashraf
Nimii
QUOTE (Ashraf @ Mar 22 2004, 05:52 PM)
Nimiiji

You look like an all rounder tongue.gif ...From where u people gets these much time!!!....The answer to ur question is Rameez Raja the former pakistani batsman who interviewed Inzamam.....I am not die hard cricket fan....No idea about Zaheer Abbas....I am sure that u r from Karnataka.

regard...Ashraf

yes that's right that was indeed Rameez Raza!!!!!!!!!! I thought he was on the cricket board!! What in the god's name is he doing interviewing??

All rounder ki baat nahi hai Ashraf smile.gif I have always loved music and sports and cricket takes the first place in sports that I love smile.gif and my other passion is reading smile.gif

N rolleyes.gif
Nimii
*thud*

I CANT BELIEVE WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone bring some smelling salt to me

*nimii drops unconscious*

unni
Wake up, Nimii-ji. India did win. I wasn't there, but at least that's what Wisden and Times of India and Hindustan Times, etc. report. But won't we all agree that in this one-day series it is CRICKET that won. And more importantly, the goodwill exhibited between the PEOPLE of the two countries. THANKS TO CRICKET!
Flex001
That was some series!!!

IMHO, the best team won!

Regards

Flex
Nimii
QUOTE (unni @ Mar 24 2004, 05:07 PM)
Wake up, Nimii-ji. India did win. I wasn't there, but at least that's what Wisden and Times of India and Hindustan Times, etc. report. But won't we all agree that in this one-day series it is CRICKET that won. And more importantly, the goodwill exhibited between the PEOPLE of the two countries. THANKS TO CRICKET!

Yes I still cant believe my eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope this friendly step ahead should sort out other differences and we have a peaceful neighbourhood smile.gif

N smile.gif
myawan
Congratulations to Indian team for winning the series.

Congratulations to crowd as well.

I haven't seen such crowd before.
Pradeep
Speakin about crowd what a loss to India due to partition.. smile.gif
Pradeep
Another one...
Pradeep
And a few cheering for india...
Pradeep
Nother one..
Chitralekha
Nice smile.gif

Nothing more pleasant than a smile on people's faces

Congrats to us! biggrin.gif
UKM
The International Cricket Council is investigating whether ABV bribed I-u-h, just inorder to win the eeleckunz! Bach ke rehna, bhaiyyon aur behnon.
extenok
QUOTE (Pradeep @ Mar 26 2004, 08:54 AM)
Speakin about crowd what a loss to India due to partition.. smile.gif

Abay yaar pradeep ... phir shuru ho gaye
Jab 1947 mein tum se kaha thaa to bolay thae ke india mein zyaada property hae meri, pakistan mein kya milay ga mujhe. laugh.gif
Ab hamari larkiyon ko dekh ke aahein bharo tongue.gif

viquar
Waise bhi yaar Pradeep abhi bhi kuch nahin bigda na ? Aur Tarasne ki baat hi nahin hai. ab to Bhai aana jaana to laga hi rahega ........ wink.gif

Chitralekha
LOL @ aanhein!
UKM
As per my friend in Delhi, Indians who visited Pakistan for the one-dayers were amazed by the hospitality they received. For Indians who had come for the cricket matches, restaurants would waive bills, taxi-drivers would not accept the fare, shopkeepers would tell them to pay just what they felt like. Wonderful stuff!
vivekpm
Hi all,

Seems I missed lots of action on this forum. Nice pictures Pradeep smile.gif . Unfortunately I missed a lot of live action too sad.gif as I was shifting to b'lore...

Anyways, Sehwag has created a history now smile.gif and finally we have a triple centurion. I am wondering why it took so long for an Indian to hit 300!!!!! Anyways, now that the barrier is broken I hope many 300s will follow by Sehwag and company...

Pity team management didn't allowed Sachin to complete 200...

Three cheers for Sehwag...

Cheers,
myawan
Dravid's decission about declaring is very strange, when you have one player on 194 then you must back him so that he gets double ton. I think he just tried to show his powers or to show that he is different from others (Ganguly) in his approach. But I think he has done a mistake. Batting for one or two overs more would not have made any difference for India.
UKM
a) It is very rare, even for all-time greats, to get a double-hundred. Moreover it would have given Sachin successive double-centuries in tests.

b)Time was not a factor at that stage. A few overs more, 15 more minutes, would not have made any difference to the team's prospects.

c) Let alone Sachin crossing 200, a 700 total would have given a psychological edge.

The declaration at that juncture was unwise.
myawan
and it was delibrate decission! just to show that now HE is the captain.
rom
Very relevant points, UKM.
In a match when at that stage more than 280 overs were yet to be bowled, saving one or two overs, when a batsman is on the verge of scoring a double ton, sounds totally foolish (and, if Dravid wasn't such a nice person, I would have said malicious).
vivekpm
Guys...India did it finally...Kumble again proved that on sub-continent pitches no bowler can match him...

Cheers,
Nimii
QUOTE (myawan @ Mar 31 2004, 06:08 PM)

I dont think so. Dravid did the right thing. This is a test cricket not some place to make your personal scoring. If it happens fine and btw he did give him 60 odd minutes to score and complete his second century - what was he doing ?

We did well and I think the credit goes to each one of them in our Team smile.gif

Good show boys!

N smile.gif
myawan
Congratulations to Indian team. They really played with passion.
In my opinion match's turning point was when Tendulkar got the wicket of Moin Khan at the last ball of third day. That made them confident. That gave them so much energy for the next day. Otherwise upto third day both teams were going good.
vivekpm
QUOTE (Nimii @ Apr 1 2004, 06:19 PM)
QUOTE (myawan @ Mar 31 2004, 06:08 PM)

I dont think so. Dravid did the right thing. This is a test cricket not some place to make your personal scoring. If it happens fine and btw he did give him 60 odd minutes to score and complete his second century - what was he doing ?

We did well and I think the credit goes to each one of them in our Team smile.gif

Good show boys!

N smile.gif

To tell it was a delibrate decision by Dravid is not true. Must be decision of team management and also Saurav was also there.

But I don't agree NimmiJi that management did right thing. Sachin was scoring well after Sehwag's departure and to score 6 more runs he would have needed at max 2 overs.

True, cricket is a team game but it is also a mutual give and take type of relationship between team and players. Scoring 200 gives you immense confidence and in turn that helps team as player carries that confidence over in his next innings. Worth mentioning here is that Sachin also scored 200+ in last match against Aus, so scoring 200 in successive matches is not what you can achieve everytime. So, in short I feel team management did injustice to Sachin but he is a team man and as he said after the victory that all issues are sorted out.

Anyways, three cheers for Indian team...

Cheers,
UKM
For what Ganguly had to say, check out: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/595702.cms
myawan
CONGRATULATIONS to Pakistan team for coming back in to the series. They played with determination.

What an innings Inzamam has played, he was rock solid.

Great game of cricket!
dhiren
Well, Congrates PAK for win... Well done come back in series.

Now, 3rd and last test will be excited.

Dhiren
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.