Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Inhi Logon Ne By Shamshad Begum
Hamara Forums > Legends > Legendary Singers > Shamshad Begum
sbfan
HI

To all the members of forum I want the number INHI LOGON NE rendered by SHAMSHAD BEGUM in HIMMAT 1941
In this forum I heard that it was 100 times better than for lata
Please upload whosoever having it
Thanks
Ashish
fiftysomeone
QUOTE(ashish2345 @ Jun 11 2005, 12:26 PM)
HI

To all the members of forum I want the number INHI LOGON NE rendered by SHAMSHAD BEGUM in HIMMAT 1941
In this forum I heard that it was 100 times better than for lata
Please upload whosoever having it
Thanks
Ashish

Yaar server pe daya karo, why repeat the same post in 2 places?
The same request in SKS also:
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?showtopic=12277
Are you genuinely eager for the song (there are times when I want something badly too!) or is it a 25 post thing?
sbfan
Hi

First of all I want to give info of my post The song `Inhi logon ne le leeya' from Kamla Movietone's Himmat (1941) directed by Roop K Shorey and composed by Govind Ram was reused by Kamal Amrohi in his epic production Pakeezah (1971). The second song was written by Majrooh Sultanpuri and composed by Ghulam Mohammed and Naushad. The original song was sung by Shamshad Begum whereas the latter avataar was recorded in Lata Mangeshkar's voice.

Sorry yaar for having same post twice.ActuallyI was too eager to have that to Have that shamshad song.She is my best singer. Actually waht I think that in the music industry she had many hardships. She was the reiging queen before advent of Lata who was particulary chosen for Andaz Irrespective of her success and subsequent use of Lata by him in each film .I think Mughal-e-Azam was the last film in which she has song released for Naushad saab, That single song counts equivalent to Lata Numbers (even in recent Taj Mahal we have qawaali between Kvaita krishnamurti and Preeti Uttam ).Shamshad has left such a good effect by her only one song.
Though she and other singers like Suman, Mubarak had sung for MUGHAL-E-AZAM but they were deleted. Shamshad had three recorded songs but only one was kept .
In Pakeezah she had one unreleased song Hatkor tere Kadmon se

NAUSHAD IN HIS ONE TV INTERVIEW HAS ADMITTED THAT WHATEVER SUCCESS HE GOT WAS DUE TO SHAMSHAD BEGUM
Who can forget her numbers from MOTHER INDIA
Holi aai re kanhai, Pee ke ghar aaj pyari dulhani chali,Dukh bhare din beete ,O gadi wale.
Also the immortal song CHOOD BABUL KA GHAR from Babul.. She had bitter experince from all the music directors for whom she had given the first hits like Madan Mohan, S.D Burman, O.P.Nayyar.They used to give her raw deal .it was O.P Nayyar who got his first hit song KABHI AAR KABHI PAAR FROM SHAMSHAD and Also Kajra Mohhobat wala.Who can forget BOOJH MERA KYA NAAM RE .But she was sided from the industry having no patronage from her music directors.
I strongly deny that she was less than Lata or others .Actually she was uncomparable,unique in her style reigning in industry in presence of nur jahan suriaya.. The crooning style was best.She rocked the film industry with Khazanchi and got Rs 900 for one song when Lata used to get 50 only.

Lata was first of all acknowledged thru songs of Khazanchi only
"But perhaps her first award, the dilruba she got after the Khazanchi contest was her most thrilling
award. She was young, the recognition was big, and Master Ghulam Haider, the composer of the songs "

.Her songs in Punjabi films are popular till this day Batti bal ke banere te Rakni ,Teri meri ik jindari/
Here are some excerpts
Incidentally, "Kajra mohabbat wala" was Shamshad Begum's last song (she mentioned that in a TV interview which I saw a few years ago and upon being asked as to why she didn't sing again after giving such a superhit, she said that she was sick and tired of the politics that had become such a big part of the singing industry; she didn't want a thing to do with it, "neither to join it, not to fight it," said the Begum sahiba.)
In my next post I will give some more info of hers

MY REQUEST TO mohd ji, unni ji, urzung ji and whoever has this song please upload it
Thanks
Ashish
humble_rafi
ashish2345 Posted Today, 05:35 PM
  Hi

First of all I want to give info of my post The song `Inhi logon ne le leeya' from Kamla Movietone's Himmat (1941) directed by Roop K Shorey and composed by Govind Ram was reused by Kamal Amrohi in his epic production Pakeezah (1971). The second song was written by Majrooh Sultanpuri and composed by Ghulam Mohammed and Naushad. The original song was sung by Shamshad Begum whereas the latter avataar was recorded in Lata Mangeshkar's voice.

Sorry yaar for having same post twice.ActuallyI was too eager to have that to Have that shamshad song.She is my best singer. Actually waht I think that in the music industry she had many hardships. She was the reiging queen before advent of Lata who was particulary chosen for Andaz Irrespective of her success and subsequent use of Lata by him in each film .I think Mughal-e-Azam was the last film in which she has song released for Naushad saab, That single song counts equivalent to Lata Numbers (even in recent Taj Mahal we have qawaali between Kvaita krishnamurti and Preeti Uttam ).Shamshad has left such a good effect by her only one song.
Though she and other singers like Suman, Mubarak had sung for MUGHAL-E-AZAM but they were deleted. Shamshad had three recorded songs but only one was kept .

NAUSHAD IN HIS ONE TV INTERVIEW HAS ADMITTED THAT WHATEVER SUCCESS HE GOT WAS DUE TO SHAMSHAD BEGUM
Holi aai re kanhai, Pee ke ghar aaj pyari dulhani chali,Dukh bhare din beete ,O gadi wale.
Also the immortal song CHOOD BABUL KA GHAR from Babul.. She had bitter experince from all the music directors for whom she had given the first hits like Madan Mohan, S.D Burman, O.P.Nayyar.They used to give her raw deal .it was O.P Nayyar who got his first hit song KABHI AAR KABHI PAAR FROM SHAMSHAD and Also Kajra Mohhobat wala.Who can forget BOOJH MERA KYA NAAM RE .But she was sided from the industry having no patronage from her music directors.
I strongly deny that she was less than Lata or others .Actually she was uncomparable,unique in her style reigning in industry in presence of nur jahan suriaya.. The crooning style was best.She rocked the film industry with Khazanchi and got Rs 900 for one song when Lata used to get 50 only.

"But perhaps her first award, the dilruba she got after the Khazanchi contest was her most thrilling
award. She was young, the recognition was big, and Master Ghulam Haider, the composer of the songs "

.Her songs in Punjabi films are popular till this day Batti bal ke banere te Rakni ,Teri meri ik jindari/
Here are some excerpts
Incidentally, "Kajra mohabbat wala" was Shamshad Begum's last song (she mentioned that in a TV interview which I saw a few years ago and upon being asked as to why she didn't sing again after giving such a superhit, she said that she was sick and tired of the politics that had become such a big part of the singing industry; she didn't want a thing to do with it, "neither to join it, not to fight it," said the Begum sahiba.)

MY REQUEST TO mohd ji, unni ji, urzung ji and whoever has this song please upload it
Thanks
Ashish

yup i fully agree with u ASHISH BRO

she had her own unique style
i just luv the qawwali of MUGHAL-E-AAZAM

politic has always been a part of music industry in past and also in present.
along with talent u need luck sad1.gif

i have heard that SHE is still alive.she has a daughter too.

could u provide more info abt her whereabt?
thanx in advance
urzung khan
QUOTE(humble_rafi @ Jun 11 2005, 10:07 PM)
  Hi

Here are some excerpts

Thanks
Ashish

along with talent u need luck :(

thanx in advance

She is alive and lives with her daughter in Bombay. There was a TV appearance
of her a few months back. A good soul from India sent me a couple of clips
from that appearance. A couple of her relatives live in Lahore.

As to the song from Himmat , I have heard a lot about it but never found it.
A likely source is a record collector in Bombay : Mr Jayaraman.
A fellow in Delhi is writing a book on her. He was here in March/April to collect
info about her and her (30s) discography.
sbfan
QUOTE(humble_rafi @ Jun 11 2005, 10:37 PM)
  Hi

Here are some excerpts

Thanks
Ashish

along with talent u need luck sad1.gif

thanx in advance

Hi

Shamshad Begum appeared in NDTV interview.
She is staying at 'VENUS' in the
posh Cuffe Parade area of Bombay with her daughter, Mrs.Usha Ratra
From google I found that her earlier interviews were also retained like at
http://www.lib.virginia.edu/area-studies/S...s/nwsTrack.html

Here they show having her interview "Shamshad Begum: Down memory lane " in 1993
Also in Listene'rs music compiled by Mr Hamraaz
http://films.hindi-movies-songs.com/LB-index.doc

Shamshad Begum SINGER 018 Main article
Shamshad Begum SINGER 069 Meeting with her daughter Usha Ratra

You can find her interview on google groups at

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.mu...ea68ff5a3d3f870

Here it is mentioned that"Shamshad Begum's daughter
Usha Ratra was a singer too. I think she sang a few
songs in hindi films, although I can't recall any.
Probably the Geet Kosh may contain some details.
Back in the late sixties, Shamshad gave a few public
performances in Bombay and I was fortunate to attend
all of them. Even then she was in great shape as
a singer and put over most of her popular songs.
My lasting regret is that one of my favourites
didn't figure in that list : "jab us ne gesoo
bikhraaye" (from "Shah JahaaN"). Usha Ratra would
be sitting in the audience and, for certain songs,
she would go up to the stage and sing along with
her mother. She was quite fair, but walked with a
very noticeable limp (some defect with one of her
feet). ".
You can find her interview at

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.mu...65d2214d8d73817

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.mu...79e90270fd72581

Thanks
Ashish

Inaam
Very informative posts Ashish Ji, Thanks.
hildebrand
Renewing request for upload of this song.
Poor quality also welcome.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.