Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Asha Or Geeta
Hamara Forums > Legends > Geeta Dutt
bobby mudgel
hi here is a clip-need experts report--is it geeta or asha--tum jiyo hazaaron saal
maheshks
Indeed Ashaji only
bobby mudgel
aur koi?
Priya
Sounds like Asha. But Bobbyji U could have used the antara as a clip na rather than this with just one and a half lines? unsure.gif
bchatterjee
This is Asha, but here she tries to sing like Geeta Dutt. It took me a long time to distinguish between voice in Asha's old songs and Geeta Dutt's voice. I think now I am an expert!!???smile1.gif

But I will say this, after hearing Geeta Dutt's voice, I just can't put anyone at the same level!

Frankly, about Asha, Lata and Geeta:-
(I agree all three are Legends!!)
Lata's voice is shrill and has gotten more so over the years....in fact Hemant Kumar said that her voice was less matured than Geeta's.

Asha has a lesser shrill in her voice but she pronounces words as if a child is pronouncing or as if it is a song in taunt!!

Geeta's is just a perfect, melodious with passion of a matured female voice---as agreed by Hemanta Mukherjee...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is entirely my personal opinion and taste. In fact I never grew up hearing much of Geeta Dutt----it was one Bengali Film song record that I heard when I was 12/13 years old and ever since I think Geeta is the topmost---rich, diverse, I cannot put in words!!
God does not let one enjoy too much of the real best and thus took geeta Dutt at a much early age.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bobby mudgel
sorry troops u all r wrong this is 100% geeta dutt-n ive proof-song recorded originally in geeta,s voice but in film n record -u ll find asha-
bchatterjee
sad1.gif sad1.gif sad1.gif [quote=bobby mudgel,May 29 2005, 04:46 AM]
sorry troops u all r wrong this is 100% geeta dutt-n ive proof-song recorded originally in geeta,s voice but in film n record -u ll find asha-

[/quote

SHAME ON ME!!!
sad1.gif sad1.gif sad1.gif sad1.gif sad1.gif sad1.gif sad1.gif sad1.gif sad1.gif sad1.gif sad1.gif sad1.gif sad1.gif sad1.gif

But MARK MY WORDS:- I said she is "SINGING LIKE GEETA"!!!!!

So Do I WIN OR LOSE???????

Unniji, Bobby ji, mahesh ji, priya Bahen !!!

Bappa
unni
Not easy to say for certain on the basis of that short clip. The "Ah-haa" at the beginning sounded like Geeta-ji and the rest like Asha-ji! tongue.gif

Bobby, if you have the full recording, would you please post it? Thanks!
fiftysomeone
Hello all,
Please read this extract from an article on Sujata (from upperstall.com I think).

"A minor little controversy surrounded the birthday party number Tum Jiyo Hazaron Saal. For years this song was credited to Geeta Dutt and even made it to a LP that HMV came out with as a tribute to Geeta Dutt when she died - In Memorium Geeta Dutt, when in fact it was sung by Asha Bhosle. R.D. Burman who was S.D. Burman's assistant at the time confirmed that the song was first rendered by Geeta Dutt but later on S.D. Burman rerecorded the song with Asha Bhosle and Asha's version used in the film. Neither singer knew the other had sung the song. HMV, which credited the song to Geeta Dutt, claims that they followed the information that Bimal Roy Productions gave them. But how is it that all the parties - Bimal Roy, Asha Bhosle. SD Burman and Geeta Dutt kept silent over this? Finally Asha Bhosle acknowledged after 27 years that she did sing the song. But never knew of the mix up as she never listened to the radio or heard any of her recordings. Once a song was recorded and done with she moved on to the next. But what about everyone else involved? And what about the millions of music lovers or the experts. Couldn't they distinguish Asha's voice from Geeta's? HMV finally clarified that the song was indeed sung by Asha Bhosle and the song was immediately included in the next collection of Asha Bhosle they came out with. While the controversy is not of any earth-shaking importance, of any great political, historical or sociological significance, after all it is just a song. But there is the issue of artistic integrity and due credit. Imagine a painting by one master being attributed to another or a literary wok being erroneously published under a contemporary's name and this while both individuals were alive! Anyway Asha finally laid the controversy to rest as she said.

'If this song has been credited to Geeta, it makes no difference to her reputation or mine, her repertoire or mine.' "

Hope that sheds some light!
Cheers,
50Some1

Ummer
This is indeed Geeta Dutt. I am her fan since age 9 blink1.gif blink1.gif Asha version sounds different. Cant you tell guyz? The way she sings "Aa ha aa ha aa ha " in the beginning... Thats different from Asha's...

U.
fiftysomeone
An ordinary quality (64 bitrate) version of the song is attached.
It seems to me that in the Ah-ha part Asha seems to be trying to sound like Geeta, the later parts are clearly Asha in my opinion.
Unless of course Burman-da and/or the record companies have done something clever like mixing the two versions (the upperstall story suggests that both artistes did record the same song)!
The other kids song - Bachpan ke Di - was def. sung by Geeta, probably leading most people to think all the kids songs were hers.
Cheers
vikram
This is geeta Dutt indeed .....I m very sure i just compared it with the Asha ji's Version it is different and certainly by Geeta JI.!
bchatterjee
QUOTE(vikram @ May 29 2005, 12:11 PM)
This is geeta Dutt indeed .....I m very sure i just compared it with the Asha ji's Version it is different and certainly by Geeta JI.!

I watched Sujata from my DVD collections and now i am sure this is Geeta Dutt, please load the full song!! I am dying to hear it....
It is so much more lively than the one used in the film!!! Again my personal opinion...

Bappa
maheshks
Listened again. No it is Ashji only. Even the Yash Raj films, who have released the DVDs of this movie, has attributed the song to Ashaji.

http://www1.yashrajfilms.com/homeent/sujata.htm

Music: S.D.Burman
Lyrics: Shailendra
Nanhi Kali Sone Chali
Geeta Dutt
Jalte Hain Jiske
Talat Mahmood
Bachpan Ke Din
Geeta Dutt, Asha Bhosle
Wah Bhai Wah ** (not in the film)
Mohammed Rafi
Tum Jiyo Hazaro
Asha Bhosle
Kali Ghata
Asha Bhosle
Sun Mere Bandhu
S.D.Burman

bye.gif

bobby mudgel
friends this song is an unreleased no by geeta dutt on film sound track n records n csts-no doubt there is asha--but this particular song is from geeta-recorded before da asha,s version but never released---
Apriya
Dears :

Looking for a chorus by Geetadutt : Aja aja re sanam...mein to nachu chhama chhaamm....& the information about this song.

Thanks.

A
mahesh
the song is from the film''maa ke aansoo'' released in 1959.the music was by sardar mallick and lyrics were by raja mehndi ali khan.
regards,
mahesh
ketadxb
QUOTE(bobby mudgel @ May 28 2005, 10:07 PM)
hi here is a clip-need experts report--is it geeta or asha--tum jiyo hazaaron saal

It is a great topic but as AAshaji rightly said both are great and one song will not make any difference both will JIYO Hazaro saal in our herat and through this forum

Can some kind soul up load

AAsha geeta duet

Janu Januri kahe tore --- Insan jaag utha beuty, this one beuty to listen to nad great to watch Madubala & Indira ( billi?)Regards

parag_sankla
Well..I am again stumbling on an elusive song..!

This thread says that Geeta ji's version of "Tum hazaron saal" from Sujata was uploaded on HF

Can some one please share the same ?

Thanks and Regards
Parag
balajigade
QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Jan 17 2007, 11:22 AM) *

Well..I am again stumbling on an elusive song..!

This thread says that Geeta ji's version of "Tum hazaron saal" from Sujata was uploaded on HF

Can some one please share the same ?

Thanks and Regards
Parag

Can anybody u/l the clip again for the benefit those who missed it (like me) ?

--Balaji
parag_sankla
Are yaar, sirf clip nahin, poora gana chahiye..

biggrin.gif

Parag
Nikita Choudhary
Does that version sung by Geeta Dutt exist ? Any1 please..

Niki

P.S. I was outta station for a few weeks..just came back..will now be hopefully active again

smile1.gif

parag_sankla
Koi Geeta ji ka gaya "Tum jiyo hazaron saal" suna dijiye please...

Parag
hildebrand
QUOTE(bobby mudgel @ May 29 2005, 09:20 PM) *

friends this song is an unreleased no by geeta dutt on film sound track n records n csts-no doubt there is asha--but this particular song is from geeta-recorded before da asha,s version but never released---

Bobby bhai please reupload this song please.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.