Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rafi Ji 31july
Hamara Forums > Legends > Mohd Rafi
surhall

Mohd. Rafi - In all the years that i have been blogging – I have done a fair few posts on Hindi film music. But, there has been no post on Mohammed Rafi. It is not that I don’t like his work. I love it. He is my favorite singer in the 1950′s through to the 1970′s era – by many accounts the golden era of Hindi film music.

But, everytime I began thinking of writing a series on my favorites – i got stuck.

How do you write about someone whose body of work encompassed everything from the rebellious anthem – Zindabad Zindabad from Moghul-e-Azam – to the rebellious lament – yeh duniya agar mil bhi jaaye to kya hai – the former charging you to go marching, the latter telling you its ok to opt out.

His songs of ‘falling in love’ were superlative – zindagi bhar nahin bhulegi barsaat ki raat or Chaudavi ka Chaand ho or Ehsaan tere hoga mujhpar, and made you want to fall in love. desparately. And, his songs of heart break – enough to put you off falling in love ever again – Yaad na Jaaye, Kabhi khud Pe,. His love duets with a variety of singers from Lata Mangeshkar — Chalo Dil Daar Chalo, Dil Tera Deewana , Mein Chali Mein chali, — Asha Bhosale — aap yuhi agar humse milte rahe, or Bahut Shukriya Badi Meherbani – and Suman Kalyanpur — Ajuhun Aaye Balama, Bahut Haseen Hai Tumhari Aankhen, – covered the entire gamut of sensations associated with love – the flirtatious to the sizzling passion ..

He was known for his classical songs, his fun songs, his drunken songs, his love songs, his sad songs, his patriotic songs, his religious songs … i don’t think there is a single genre of music he didn’t sing or didn’t excel in.

Rafi has been the voice of every major Actor – Dilip Kumar, Dev Anand, Guru Dutt, Rajendra Kumar, Bharat Bhushan, Joy Mukherji, Shammi Kapoor, Dharmendra. Incidentally he also sang for Kishore Kumar

He worked with every major Music director of that era. I cannot see a SD or a Naushad or an O.P.Nayyar being as successful without the voice of Rafi. He added something to every song. Of his entire discography – i can possibly list about 300 as my all time favorites … Which possibly tells me why it has been so difficult to write about him.

dhall
gop
One more July 31st is coming to our life, memories of Rafi saheb never dies. Every day we listen your voice and cannot be kept away from our life. Long live your memories and songs.

Click to view attachment

Gop
gop
Rewinding the memories of great legend once again. One more July 31 is going on with the memories of Rafi Saheb, the golden voice of Indian Film Industry.

gop
myawan
Greatest singer and golden voice! I can never forget 31st July.
krishankant92
The Great singer and human being....i always respect him,love him and adore him....
orbitor13

31st july is here again....reminding us he is gone.... sad.gif sad day indeed
surhall
SANGEET KA SAFAR

Inimitable Mohammad Rafi on 33rd death anniversary

DHALL
ketaki shukla
Rafi jee one of the greatest singer.
In his loving memory some of his lovely songs.

MP3 / 128 / 160 / 192

Zindgi To Bewafa Hai 02:39

Movie Muqaddar Ka Sinkandar
Md. K.A.
Ly. Prakash Mehra

Jab Bhi Yeh Dil Udas Hota Hai 04:17

Movie Seema
Md. S.J.
Ly. Gulzar

Ye Duniya Yeh Mehfil 05:15

Movie Heer Ranjha
Md. Madan Mohan
Ly. Kaifi Azmi

Pardeshiyon Se Na Aakhiyan Milaa 03:18

Movie Jab Jab Phool Khile
Md. K.A.
Ly. Anand B.

Dil Jo Na Kahe Saka 04:23

Movie Bheegi Raat
Md. Roshan Lal
Ly. Sahir L.

Ketaki

ketaki shukla
Next song
Shaz110
MOHD. RAFI - TUM NAHIN BHOOLTE JAHAN JAOON..
AE MERI NEEND SOH GAYEE TU KAHAAN.....
(33rd death anniversary)

MOHD. RAFI
MP3/192/KBPS

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.