Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Is There A Telugu Movie Database?

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is There A Telugu Movie Database?
swarapriya
post Mar 30 2009, 09:23 AM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

Telugu Movie Database

Hindi film has its Geet Kosh for those who have it. But there is also "Earth Music" network that is available for everyone with Internet access. I am just wondering whether any such network exists for Telugu movies. I have a whole bunch of Telugu songs that I am dying to identify their details. Any help is deeply appreciated.

With many thanks in anticipation,
Swarapriya

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Mar 30 2009, 11:12 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
svaram
post Mar 30 2009, 11:05 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 31874

^ there used to be a huge database of Telugu movie songs led by some
Ramanamurthy . I remember visiting it some times in the dial-up days ...

it is missing from the internet in the broadband age sad1.gif . I was wondering if the site
was the present ramaneeya which now just presents some songs for online listening ...

I hope our SF bhai or some other learned persons will be able to guide us smile1.gif Thanks .

This post has been edited by svaram: Mar 30 2009, 11:07 AM

* Let Us Quote Only Relevant parts of the posts *

* Let Us Purchase the Originals Whenever it is possible * _____________________________________________________________________
+Quote Post
kishor
post Mar 31 2009, 11:43 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 51348

Swarapriya ji

Actually there is no database available of telugu songs anywhere. One site with almost 80% authenticity is www.chimatamusic.com where you can find the song name and film name along with the music director.

As regards to Lyricists this is the most neglected aspect in south indian film industry.

Please let us know the songs and we will definitely try to help you out

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 1 2009, 06:31 AM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(kishor @ Mar 31 2009, 11:13 AM) *

Swarapriya ji

Actually there is no database available of telugu songs anywhere. One site with almost 80% authenticity is www.chimatamusic.com where you can find the song name and film name along with the music director.

As regards to Lyricists this is the most neglected aspect in south indian film industry.

Please let us know the songs and we will definitely try to help you out

Kishore ji,

Thanks for the information and offer of help. Unfortunately, we are talking here several thousands of songs. I was a beneficiary of a gift of many CDs from a friend who threw away all the covers. I do have my own collection for which I do have almost all the information. I did check chimatamusic before but even there, there is no mention of singer names. What is a song without the names of the singers, music director names, and lyricists? The Hindi database, sometimes is wrong and sometime duplicates itself. Yet it does provide valuable service by giving the complete information most of the time.

Cheers,
Swarapriya

P.S. Please drop "ji" when addressing. Thanks.

This post has been edited by swarapriya: May 3 2009, 11:38 AM
+Quote Post
simplefable
post May 3 2009, 11:21 AM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 20340

SP...it is unfortunately true that there is no database available for telugu songs and padyams..unlike earthmusic or geet kosh. There is tremendous amount of hardwork behind these works and patience and perseverance and dedication. To think that we have telugu songs right from 1931 and never had a single database to boast ..speaks of our own negligence and am sure unless someone serious steps in, the whole heritage will be lost forever.
I find the websites like Ramaneeya or chimata woefully inadequate as they savor certain decades with selective songs. personally i think the golden age has passed in 1975..to evolve into something indescribable.
Infact, the site oldtelugusongs.com is a much better site as it lists the songs of a relevant period.
There is one excellent collector and critic by name VAK Ranga Rao, who is from Chennai who has a wonderful collection of not just telugu but hindi and other languages. for other particulars...you can go to the following address.. http://www.narthaki.com/info/profiles/profil33.html
Even the literature is so woe-begone in this aspect. the only book ever written about the telugu film music..is by Bhamidipati Ramagopalam ( Bharago) who is a noted literary figure. It is entitled "the 116 great telugu film songs ( 1942-1973)". along with the book , they used to give cassettes with the songs listed..but the new editions have discorded them with just the book in the offing...
May be it is time for someone benevolent to sit and compile the treasures of times gone by..so that the excellent music can reach and regale people.
Svaram..thanks for appreciation. I am not that versatile , but sure the topic is very close to my heart ! smile.gif

SP: you mentioned CDs of THOUSANDS of songs ! that is just amazing. i scour various shops everytime i visit them to see if i can get any old music. There never was much luck. my only request is that you should preserve them..by making adequate copies and try to share them or list the songs out with opening lines, so that the antecedents of those songs can be established...A work very tedious and time taking am sure..but YOU might be the catalyst that can spark a giant step for preservation of these golden oldies. Just my two pence.. smile.gif

This post has been edited by simplefable: May 3 2009, 11:27 AM

After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
Aldous Huxley

"Waqt ne kiya...Kya haseen sitm...Tum rahe na tum..Hum rahe na hum.."

geetadutt

noorjehan

shamshadbegum

Anmol Fankaar
+Quote Post
svaram
post May 3 2009, 11:35 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 31874

^ SP & SF ,
if someone comes forward with a suitable website (with own hosting) then
I will try to help at my level best to compile such a database ... thanks smile1.gif

* Let Us Quote Only Relevant parts of the posts *

* Let Us Purchase the Originals Whenever it is possible * _____________________________________________________________________
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 3 2009, 11:54 AM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(simplefable @ May 2 2009, 10:51 PM) *

SP: you mentioned CDs of THOUSANDS of songs ! that is just amazing. i scour various shops everytime i visit them to see if i can get any old music. There never was much luck. my only request is that you should preserve them..by making adequate copies and try to share them or list the songs out with opening lines, so that the antecedents of those songs can be established...A work very tedious and time taking am sure..but YOU might be the catalyst that can spark a giant step for preservation of these golden oldies. Just my two pence.. smile.gif

SF,

It is good to hear from you after a long time.

Thanks for your detailed answer. Since I raised this request, I was able to find someone with vast knowledge of Telugu films, and able to fill in some information. Yet this is no way near closure. It is tempting with some of the suggestions you have made here, but right now I have committed myself to do "other" things that take my time and have precednece.

May be one of these days I can open the flood gates of Telugu songs ...

Cheers,
Swarapriya
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 3 2009, 11:58 AM
Post #8

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(svaram @ May 2 2009, 11:05 PM) *

^ SP & SF ,
if someone comes forward with a suitable website (with own hosting) then
I will try to help at my level best to compile such a database ... thanks smile1.gif

My dear Svaram,

Even though it is an excellent one, at this time it is not possible for me to allocate any time commitment to cater your suggestion. However, I will keep this in the back of my mind.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
+Quote Post
simplefable
post May 3 2009, 12:00 PM
Post #9

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 20340

Svaram..thanks for the offer. Why not?? lets work out the details in leisure. smile.gif

SP...so glad that you got someone who can decipher.. smile.gif My pleasure. Will wait for the flood gates to open to get wet in the treasures long lost. Yes, unfortunately there are "other" things which take precedence..

After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
Aldous Huxley

"Waqt ne kiya...Kya haseen sitm...Tum rahe na tum..Hum rahe na hum.."

geetadutt

noorjehan

shamshadbegum

Anmol Fankaar
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 25th June 2024 - 02:55 AM