Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Kishore Kumar

, The Music Director

Forum Rules Please read and thoroughly understand the forum rules and regulations:
9 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kishore Kumar, The Music Director
Jhumroo
post May 15 2008, 10:53 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 39692

QUOTE(HumTum @ May 14 2008, 07:58 PM) *

I don't believe Kishoreda was this serious any other timeduring his film career. It was such a well concieved, well planned, well crafted, and well executed movie.

This was a side of him that was never explored.

Hmmmmmm...the other side was well covered behind the smiling face of Guru.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jhumroo
post May 15 2008, 11:00 AM
Post #17

Group Icon

Member No.: 39692

QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 14 2008, 07:53 PM) *

Door Gagan Ki Chhaon Mein (1964)

Here is a movie where Kishoreda shines like the morning star in the early skies. Gentle, poignant, and moving story telling. I don't believe Kishoreda was this serious any other time during his film career. It was such a well concieved, well planned, well crafted, and well executed movie.

Kishoreda himself bore most of the burden of the movie. Not only he acted in the movie, he wrote couple of songs, composed its music, produced and directed. His own son Amit has a major role in he movie. The Bengal beauty, Supriya Chowdhury, makes a a rare appearance here.

Kishoreda was so generous that both Manna Dey and Hemant Kumar also had a solo each. Songs of this movie are just sublime. All three solos by Kishoreji are full of dreams, pathos, and promise of a bright future.

Now for the details of the songs and songs themselves ...

Thanks a lot once again swarapriya ji...for yet another great album of KK. rolleyes.gif

Regards
Abhishek
+Quote Post
OMkar
post May 15 2008, 02:03 PM
Post #18

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 7772

QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 15 2008, 08:01 AM) *
QUOTE(OMkar @ May 14 2008, 08:25 AM) *

Here is a movie where Kishoreda shines like the morning star in the early skies. Gentle, poignant, and moving story telling. I don't believe Kishoreda was this serious any other time during his film career. It was such a well concieved, well planned, well crafted, and well executed movie.

Kishoreda himself bore most of the burden of the movie. Not only he acted in the movie, he wrote couple of songs, composed its music, produced and directed. His own son Amit has a major role in he movie. The Bengal beauty, Supriya Chowdhury, makes a a rare appearance here.

Kishoreda was so generous that both Manna Dey and Hemant Kumar also had a solo each. Songs of this movie are just sublime. All three solos by Kishoreji are full of dreams, pathos, and promise of a bright future.

And there you go Swara!!!! I must have downloaded 'Aa Chal Ke Tujhe Main Leke Chalun' from sooooooo many sources to get the better and better sound version copy! I would check this one too. Swara, thanks lottie lott for this lovely-evergreen album bow.gif

p.s. Just a question: is that a picture of Vinyl cover?

Yes, that is vinyl cover. But the songs were all from a CD. -S

Do you have those Vinyl Rips? If yes, I am very very much interested!! wub.gif smile.gif

IPB Image
Only THIS MOMENT is in my hand and I just want to live that Perfectly!!!
IPB Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 15 2008, 06:36 PM
Post #19

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

QUOTE(OMkar @ May 15 2008, 01:33 AM) *

And there you go Swara!!!! I must have downloaded 'Aa Chal Ke Tujhe Main Leke Chalun' from sooooooo many sources to get the better and better sound version copy! I would check this one too. Swara, thanks lottie lott for this lovely-evergreen album bow.gif

Do you have those Vinyl Rips? If yes, I am very very much interested!! wub.gif smile.gif

OMkarji, sorry. I won't be able to help you here. I don't have the LP myself. I got this picture from the internet.

Thanks,
Swarapriya
+Quote Post
OMkar
post May 15 2008, 06:40 PM
Post #20

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 7772

QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 15 2008, 06:36 PM) *
QUOTE(OMkar @ May 15 2008, 01:33 AM) *

OMkarji, sorry. I won't be able to help you here. I don't have the LP myself. I got this picture from the internet.

Thanks,
Swarapriya

Oh okok, no worries at all smile.gif I just asked because I always prefer to hear Vinyl/ Spool versions than any other media wub.gif Thanks anyway rolleyes.gif

IPB Image
Only THIS MOMENT is in my hand and I just want to live that Perfectly!!!
IPB Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 16 2008, 06:52 AM
Post #21

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Hum Do Daku (1967)

I do not have much information available about this movie. I have three songs out of five I am uploadiing here. All of these were contributed by the members of the Forum. The missing numbers are shown in red in the following table. I invite members to share with rest of us if they happen to have these missing songs. By the way, all songs were written by Shailendra. He must have completed this assigmet before his untimely death.

A word of caution: because these songs came from various sources their quality may not be uniform. Now for the details of the songs and songs themselves ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: May 17 2008, 07:30 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
vijay
post May 16 2008, 07:46 AM
Post #22

Group Icon

Member No.: 558

[
he wrote couple of songs, composed its music, produced and directed.
[/quote]

Swarapriya Ji,
Thanks for another great album from Kishore Da.

I am almost sure that "Aa chal ke tujhe ..." is written Shailendra and not by Kishore.
I would like to hear from other expert on this.

Vijay
+Quote Post
HumTum
post May 16 2008, 07:58 AM
Post #23

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 8009

[quote name='vijay' date='May 16 2008, 07:46 AM' post='497004'] [
he wrote couple of songs, composed its music, produced and directed.
[/quote]

Swarapriya Ji,
Thanks for another great album from Kishore Da.

I am almost sure that "Aa chal ke tujhe ..." is written Shailendra and not by Kishore.
I would like to hear from other expert on this.

Vijay [/quote]

Vijay bhai --- composed, written and sung by Kishore Kumar. excl.gif excl.gif excl.gif excl.gif
+Quote Post
HarshBhatt
post May 16 2008, 08:48 AM
Post #24

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 8788

Yes

KK penned the lyrics
+Quote Post
debjyoti
post May 16 2008, 10:10 AM
Post #25

Unregistered

QUOTE(HarshBhatt @ May 16 2008, 08:48 AM) *

Yes

KK penned the lyrics

Very nice contribution you are making Swarapriyaji,Kishore Kumar is indeed the greatest music director of all times.Apart from composing for 10 hindi films,he had also composed several other hindi songs for his incomplete films like Band Master,Suhana Geet,Neela Asmaan and so on.He had also composed many non film bengali songs,all of which are real gems.
+Quote Post
Ez_buddycool
post May 17 2008, 02:18 AM
Post #26

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 12114

Excellant Upload Swarapriya

DONT WORRY BE ALWAYS HAPPY
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 17 2008, 10:54 AM
Post #27

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ez_buddycool @ May 16 2008, 01:48 PM) *

Excellant Upload Swarapriya

That is very nice and cool of you buddycool ji. Thanks a lot.

Swarapriya
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 17 2008, 11:28 AM
Post #28

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Door Ka Raahi (1971)

Here is another one of the movies Kishoreda wrote the story, screenplay, provided the music, acted in it, sang, and directed. This movie also starred his older brother Ashokda and his son Amit. It was a modest success. Except for one duet, all songs in this album are solos. Kishoreda's solo "Panthi Hoon Main" is a classic. He has another winner in the duet with Sulakshana Pandit in the song "Beqarar-E-Dil." Manna Dey, Hemant da, and Amit each had a solo. The solo by Hemantji is one of those beautifully rendered songs that only he can deliver with such poignancy. All in all this is a very satisfying album.

Now for details of songs and the songs themselves ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
DIGANTA ADHYA
post May 17 2008, 12:22 PM
Post #29

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 19280

EXCELLANT POST swarapriya. KEEP IT UP
bow.gif

Always Be Happy & Make Other's Happy
+Quote Post
smahesh
post May 17 2008, 01:53 PM
Post #30

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 36984

QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 16 2008, 06:52 AM) *

Hum Do Daku (1967)

I do not have much information available about this movie. I have three songs out of five I am uploadiing here. All of these were contributed by the members of the Forum. The missing numbers are shown in red in the following table. I invite members to share with rest of us if they happen to have these missing songs. By the way, all songs were written by Shailendra. He must have completed this assigmet before his untimely death.

A word of caution: because these songs came from various sources their quality may not be uniform. Now for the details of the songs and songs themselves ...

swarapriyaji,
thanks for ''ae haseenon'' and ''do dilon ki hai kahani''.hfgk identifies the third singer in ''ae haseenon'' as usha mangeshkar[not usha khanna]

regards,
mahesh
+Quote Post

9 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 24th September 2024 - 10:06 PM