Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Dalai Lama

, My Land and My People

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dalai Lama, My Land and My People
Nimii
post Aug 24 2004, 08:37 AM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3

At the moment I am reading this book - Memoirs of His Holiness, The Dalai Lama. SOme day I would like to meet this great man in Leh smile1.gif

The book is a simple biography of the Dalai Lama, his birth in Tibet and how he became the 14th Dalai Lama.

Will write more in detail, once I am through with this book.

N smile1.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rom
post Aug 24 2004, 11:34 AM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 233

Leh? Perhaps you mean Dharamshala in Himachal Pradesh, where the Tibetan government in exile is based.

THE INTELLIGENT MUST MAKE CONCESSIONS!
+Quote Post
Nimii
post Aug 24 2004, 04:26 PM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE (rom @ Aug 24 2004, 11:34 AM)
Leh? Perhaps you mean Dharamshala in Himachal Pradesh, where the Tibetan government in exile is based.

That is right ROM!

+Quote Post
rom
post Aug 24 2004, 04:58 PM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 233

But, of course, if you wish to meet him in Leh, you would do well to keep a watch on his schedule. smile1.gif
I'm not quite a religious person, but the Dalai Lama does seem to possess the childlike innocence that marks many learned people. Please do tell us how you perceive him to be as a person and a spiritual leader.

THE INTELLIGENT MUST MAKE CONCESSIONS!
+Quote Post
Marcilo
post Feb 5 2005, 11:34 PM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 309

did you finish the book.. ????

- Just another gummy bear fan
+Quote Post
Nimii
post Feb 15 2005, 02:14 PM
Post #6

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Marcilo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry .. I didnt respond to this one post of yours.

O yes I did complete the book.. it is more on his life than on his teachings.. It is a good book for ppl who do not know about Dalai Lama.

I need to pick a book on his teachings..

N *Smile*
+Quote Post
Marcilo
post Feb 16 2005, 06:33 AM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Eek aur kitab…. Seems like you are an avid reader, on the contrary I been trying to read a book and have read only 27 pages in last 30 odd days.. phewwwwwwww…..

Well since its about his holiness Dalai Lama .. So here we go ….from personal photo album ….. Few faces have been blanked out …..

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Nimii
post Feb 17 2005, 08:33 AM
Post #8

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Marcilo @ Feb 16 2005, 06:33 AM)
Eek aur kitab…. Seems like you are an avid reader, on the contrary I been trying to read a book and have read only 27 pages in last 30 odd days.. phewwwwwwww…..

Well since its about his holiness Dalai Lama .. So here we go ….from personal photo album ….. Few faces have been blanked out …..

Yep I love books! My collection is growing.. very soon I may open a library!! *grin* I have 4 books of Dan Brown to be read and one by Amitav Ghosh which I picked up recently. Amidst all these purchases I have been reading books which I had picked up from my library.

Oh my thanks! Wow did you take that picture yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!! It must have been fantastic meeting the great man!

I really envy you Marcilo!

N *smile*
+Quote Post
Marcilo
post Feb 21 2005, 07:49 AM
Post #9

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Library….. wow.. that is amazing….. well all the best for your endeavor
“Dan Brown” … yeh kaun hai…. ?????

Nopes. I did not click this picture.. This picture has been in family album.. Some one else clicked this with “our” camera when “Dalai Lama” was invited by our club to speak on “some” issue. I still remember. His car….. Mercedes Benz… Blackish Red (Deep Red) or Burgundy color… I was in 7th or 8th grade that time… this picture is around 23 –24 years old now…. I guess that time I was more interested in playing with other kids.. .. I have met him or rather should I say .. Seen him… face to face…. 4 –5 times…

+Quote Post
Nimii
post Feb 21 2005, 08:58 AM
Post #10

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Dan Brown naya author hai shayad ham sab ke liye.. but he has written 4 odd novels and I bought all the 4!! Da vinci code is the most popular one. My brother read Angels and Demons and he said it is fantastic too...(it is a pre-quel of Da vinci code). Two more he has written - Deception Point and Digital Fortress!

Wow you are really lucky to have seen Dalai Lama at such close quarters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really really envy you. I long to go to Leh some day and see him. I am sure I will be dumbstruck when I get to see him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

N *so glad to read that Marcilo has indeed seen Dalai Lama in person*
+Quote Post
Marcilo
post Feb 22 2005, 08:22 AM
Post #11

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Well I stay away from books…. … is liyee kaun sa author kaun hai koi pata nahi….

Yep I know about Vinci Code.. some one told me about it…its really a good book.. and i guess there is a movie coming out on that... if i am not wrong.. then Tom Hanks is acting in that

Are Dalai Lama lives in Himachal.. and not Leh… he lives in McLode Ganj / Dharamsala

Yep.. I have studied there .. so I did get a chance to see him.. that time I did not realize the importance of seeing him .. now I do

+Quote Post
Nimii
post Feb 22 2005, 08:25 AM
Post #12

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Marcilo @ Feb 22 2005, 08:22 AM)
Well I stay away from books…. … is liyee kaun sa author kaun hai koi pata nahi….

Yep I know about Vinci Code.. some one told me about it…its really a good book.. and i guess there is a movie coming out on that... if i am not wrong.. then Tom Hanks is acting in that

Are Dalai Lama lives in Himachal.. and not Leh… he lives in McLode Ganj / Dharamsala

Yep.. I have studied there .. so I did get a chance to see him.. that time I did not realize the importance of seeing him .. now I do

Yes Tom Hanks in Da Vinci code! I like him a lot too, so all the more reason to see that movie! I missed Terminal sad1.gif

Reg: Dalai Lama - eeeeeeps! Yes not in Leh but I want to go to Leh too biggrin.gif

YOU studied there?!?!?!?!?!?! WHere ???????????????????????????

N *shell shocked* ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Marcilo
post Feb 24 2005, 06:42 PM
Post #13

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Tom Hanks is a mature actor.. I guess that would have been the reason for Producers to cast him for “Vinci Code” considering the way book is written, well that is what I been told, movie can bomb too… it leaves you hanging in between ph34r.gif

Are… Dalai Lama to Dharamsala me rehte hai…. So maine padai kidher ki..???? question question????? clap1.gif

+Quote Post
Nimii
post Feb 27 2005, 04:37 PM
Post #14

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

wahi to!

Kahan pe pade?? I dont know about schools in Dharamshala!!!!!!!!!!!!

The one I know is in Kasauli - Sannavar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

N ohmy.gif
+Quote Post
spbobby
post Feb 28 2005, 03:18 PM
Post #15

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1026

paki team requests bcci not to inaugrate inaugral match between pb11 and pak from 3-5th by hands of dalai lama as it may spoil their relations with china.............

IPB ImageIPB Image

Bhag Tweety Bhag,Teri Izzat Ka Sawal Hai

hi
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 25th May 2024 - 10:19 AM