Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

In Search of a Song - Ye shaam aur tera naam

, If anyone can help

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> In Search of a Song - Ye shaam aur tera naam, If anyone can help
mudit_mehta
post Jul 20 2004, 08:22 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 490

Hi All,

I am in search of a song which i heard more than 15 years back, when I got hold of it in some video cassette in a PTV annual program..
Its just a gem of a song and the impact is that till date I remember the song and I can render one full antara of it.... I dn't know the singers name except that he was a clean shaven guy with thin frame..

Ye shaam aur tera naam dono kitne milte julte hai.......
tera naaam nahin loongaa , nahin loongaa
mai tujhko shaam kahungaaa....
ye jo teri aankhen sochti rehti hai ..... jaaane kiske sapne dekhti rehti hai...
mai inpar geet likhoongaa..... ye shaam aur teraa naaam... dono kitne milte...julte haii..tera naam nahin loonga ..... nahin loonga bas tujhe shaam kahungaa...

Now kudos to my memory.... wink2.gif I remember it almost just because of the very fact that I keep singing this often......

If any kind hearter gentleman can upload this, I would be more than gratified.. smile1.gif

Thanks,
Mudit
Smiles go Miles..

Daulat aur Jawaani ee ik din kho jaati hai....
sach kehta hoon saaarii duniyaaa dushman ho jaaatii haii...
hoo oo.... umre bhar dost lekin saath chalte haii....
hmnn hmmn hmmnn.......
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Bawra Jay
post Jul 20 2004, 08:37 AM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 561

Its by alamgeer (alamgir)..... the same guy who has given wonderful duet with Mehnaaz... Mujhe dil se na bhulana..... let me dig my khazana if I have it would upload it.... dunno the quality.... but let me check and revert smile1.gif

The way is not in the sky, the way is in the heart. --Gautama Buddha
+Quote Post
Bawra Jay
post Jul 20 2004, 08:50 AM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Here you go.. your request... 112 kbps ...seems pretty good quality to me..

+Quote Post
mudit_mehta
post Jul 20 2004, 12:30 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Thanks a ton Jay Bhai.... I was searching for this for long .... smile1.gif

Thanks once again buddy..

Regards,
Mudit

Quality is just excellent, no issues.. Aaj poore din bas yehi sunta rahungaa.. rolleyes.gif

hmnn hmmn hmmnn.......
+Quote Post
Bawra Jay
post Jul 20 2004, 06:57 PM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE (mudit_mehta @ Jul 20 2004, 03:00 AM)
Thanks a ton Jay Bhai.... I was searching for this for long .... smile1.gif

Thanks once again buddy..

Regards,
Mudit

Quality is just excellent, no issues.. Aaj poore din bas yehi sunta rahungaa.. rolleyes.gif

My pleasure bro smile1.gif Anytime...

+Quote Post
Inaam
post Jul 20 2004, 11:17 PM
Post #6

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 187

Aalamgir was the first singer who started pop singing in Pakistan in early 70s.
+Quote Post
anurag
post Jul 21 2004, 05:37 AM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 550

I have a few Alamgir numbers with me. If anyone needs any, let me know..

anurag

Socrates said, "The unexamined life is not worth living". I fear if I examined it, then according to Heisenberg uncertainty principle it would somehow change. After all, we are just particles.
+Quote Post
mudit_mehta
post Jul 21 2004, 12:58 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Anurag Bhai most welcome....... if you can upload his other nos, he must be having some other good nos. too, I had a chance to listen to this one only and I remebered it.. smile1.gif

hmnn hmmn hmmnn.......
+Quote Post
anurag
post Jul 21 2004, 01:56 PM
Post #9

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 550

Mudit,

I love this song the most by Alamgir..It has an old 80s touch of the pop music that was prevalent those days when I was growing up listening to Nazia Hasan's Hot line and Camera Camera etc. Listening to these songs reminds me of my childhood and those little audio tapes that I never used to lend to anyone. biggrin.gif

Now, with the digital medium keeping things intact, my musical worries seem have to have waned. smile1.gif

Enjoy.

anurag

Socrates said, "The unexamined life is not worth living". I fear if I examined it, then according to Heisenberg uncertainty principle it would somehow change. After all, we are just particles.
+Quote Post
Bawra Jay
post Jul 21 2004, 06:57 PM
Post #10

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

May be interested to read this :-

Over the past two or three years, pop and pop-rock music have become huge in Pakistan.

Since the film music market isn’t big there, most singers and groups concentrate on albums, unlike Indian singers who look for playback opportunities.

Besides older acts like Junoon, Strings, Ali Haider, Sajjad Ali and Vital Signs, there are hordes of names — Noori, Fuzon, Juneid Jamsheid, Haroon, Abrar ul-Haq, Shehzad Roy, Aghaz, Mizmaar, Hadiqa Kayani, Aaroh, Caravan, Fakhr-e-Alam and the superb Mekaal Hasan Band, which blends classical elements with jazz harmony.

So while the market is growing there, they will naturally look for exposure in areas which have similar audiences — read: India. In fact, executives at Indian record labels say they’ve been receiving CDs from many good Pakistani bands who’re trying to get released out here.

At a time when the Indian pop market isn’t doing well, such an ‘invasion’ of Pakistani talent may increase the competition and make things more exciting. There may be opposition from some quarters, specially from people who remember the earlier tensions.

But look at it this way — a large number of Indians love the songs of Junoon, Strings, Rahat and Fuzon. Only a few unlucky people think of boundaries and borders when it comes to appreciating and enjoying music.

+Quote Post
SAJJAD
post Jul 21 2004, 07:15 PM
Post #11

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 16

Few months ago, i saw Alamgir in live concert in Memphis. He is a very good singer, too bad no one gives him opportunity in Indian Film Industry. IMO, his voice is much better then Sonu or any other KK clones. He sang a sad Bengali song - i am looking for that song! He said that song was his mom's fav. song. If any one have info. on this song. Please let me know.

Thanks.
Sajjad.

If you get in bed with government, you should expect to walk funny the next day!!!!!!!!!!!
+Quote Post
Bawra Jay
post Jul 21 2004, 07:45 PM
Post #12

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

I have never seen his picture.... photos... is he the same famous guy in bangladesh known as Fakir Alamgir ..... or we talking about 2 different people ? Because I had heard that after 1971 he refused to go to bangladesh.. which was earlier known as east pakistan ? So he was quiet famous in Bangladesh for sometime... is he the same guy who might have become more popular in pakistan ?

+Quote Post
extenok
post Jul 23 2004, 06:05 PM
Post #13

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (Inaam_Nadeem @ Jul 20 2004, 11:17 PM)
Aalamgir was the first singer who started pop singing in Pakistan in early 70s.

Wasn't it Alamgir who once said that all credit for starting pop style singing in Pakistsan, goes to Runa Laila.

zindagi ne kar diya, jab bhi udaas
aa gaye ghabra ke hum, manzil ke paas
sar jhukaaya, sar jhuka kar ro diye
+Quote Post
extenok
post Jul 23 2004, 06:47 PM
Post #14

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (Bawra Jay @ Jul 21 2004, 06:57 PM)
May be interested to read this :-

Over the past two or three years, pop and pop-rock music have become huge in Pakistan.

Since the film music market isn’t big there, most singers and groups concentrate on albums, unlike Indian singers who look for playback opportunities.

Besides older acts like Junoon, Strings, Ali Haider, Sajjad Ali and Vital Signs, there are hordes of names — Noori, Fuzon, Juneid Jamsheid, Haroon, Abrar ul-Haq, Shehzad Roy, Aghaz, Mizmaar, Hadiqa Kayani, Aaroh, Caravan, Fakhr-e-Alam and the superb Mekaal Hasan Band, which blends classical elements with jazz harmony.

So while the market is growing there, they will naturally look for exposure in areas which have similar audiences — read: India. In fact, executives at Indian record labels say they’ve been receiving CDs from many good Pakistani bands who’re trying to get released out here.

At a time when the Indian pop market isn’t doing well, such an ‘invasion’ of Pakistani talent may increase the competition and make things more exciting. There may be opposition from some quarters, specially from people who remember the earlier tensions.

But look at it this way — a large number of Indians love the songs of Junoon, Strings, Rahat and Fuzon. Only a few unlucky people think of boundaries and borders when it comes to appreciating and enjoying music.

The revolution that probably started around the time of Vital Signs hitting it big with Dil Dil Pakistan has seen the Pakistani Pop Music Scene cover a very long and tiring journey. Specially with its ailing cousin, the Pakistani Film Music, the pop music had center stage, though technically, Pirated Indian Film Music still rakes in the big bucks for all of the major music companies, be it Sonic, Eagle or anyother.

Junoon has played an instrumental role in bringing the pop scene to the place where it is currently. Private TV Channels as well as PTV have also played a hand in bringing to the public, weekly programmes on pop music with various singers/bands. Still, those were the times when Pakistan didn't have its equivalent of MTV ... a 24hr music channel, catering to the tastes of the pop culture. ChannelV & MTV India, couldnt really be counted upon for airing Pakistani videos, now could they. Still, the current music-scene sees a positive influx of good musicians & well-marketed groups along with the occasional rich-spoilt-brat 'i-wanna-play-music-with-daddys-money'. We can only hope that the well-minded musicians stay in this business.

Bawra Jay, of the names you've listed,
- I believe Fuzon are doing a good job with their music. Second on my list.
- Noori is lost somewhere in the advertising world, trying to make a Killer Combo with the marketing tactics of Junoon & musical inclinations favouring more towards the youth.
- Junaid Jamshed is no longer making music, his 2nd album 'Na Tu Aayegi' was good. The latest one didn't have anything considerable besides a few tracks.
- Haroon (formerly of the Awaz band) doesn't pose a threat to anyone, just anyother mediocre pop act.
- Abrar-ul-Haq, give me a Coca Cola & give me a punjabi jingle, I'm gonna use the old stuff over & over again, as long as everybody's buying it.
- Shehzad Roy, not worth a mention. Mizmaar, nothing special, too funky for some people's taste.
- Hadiqa Kiyani, currently, the ONLY pop diva in Pakistan, nowadays working on improving the packaging, instead of the content.
- Aaroh, broke up, making a come back with a changed line-up.
- Karavan, not doing too much after their last album Gardish, which had some awesome tracks, great bass.
- Fakhr-e-Alam hasn't done anything worth mentioning.
- Mekaal Hasan Band, probably on the top of my list.

In my personal opinion, India could serve as a good market for Pakistani artists. Yet, how the indian artists react to this trend is a major concern.
With NFAK, Ghulam Ali, Junoon, Strings having performed in India; Indian Artists probably also hope to capture the Pakistani market in a similar fashion, which is all too easy. The point here being that Abhijeet, Kumar Sanu, Alka Yagnik and the rest of the clan could easily make loads of money in Pakistan by doing concerts. But the real concern here is the prevalent music piracy situation in Pakistan. Indian Film Music Companies should ask for more efforts on stopping audio-piracy across borders and that would improve the situation considerably. I'm all for exchange of good music, values, ideas & thoughts.

zindagi ne kar diya, jab bhi udaas
aa gaye ghabra ke hum, manzil ke paas
sar jhukaaya, sar jhuka kar ro diye
+Quote Post
Bawra Jay
post Jul 23 2004, 07:23 PM
Post #15

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Very interesting post extenok ..... nice to know more insight right from the root..aka meaning right from this singers home country...

I guess Vital sign after breaking up or Junaid seperating from group might have caused that feeling... or maybe they still number one ? Remember sawli saloni teri jheel se ankhien ? what a wonderful song to listen compare to some of there new numbers.... guess that got so famous that later on... hindi version by kumar sanu came out also...

I also have noticed on the lyrics of this pop songs which has lovely wordings... still it kills the tempo when the music is given using heavy bass and techno sounds... seems kinda not suiting the kind of songs.....maybe just my personal thinking....but people might be liking that who knows ? I had read somewhere that initial albums of ghulam ali ji where not picking up that great due to music was not fitting well later on he thought of coming to India to release more of his albums...had also read in one of his interview simewhere that he got more famous in pakistan only after he was a super hit in India ? Dunno much dept of this yet...

What do you think about Naghmna Jafri... I love her Allah allah Kar Di Main.... I think she has good potential....

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 05:21 AM