Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Songs From "milan"

, An outstanding soundtrack

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Songs From "milan", An outstanding soundtrack
shriram
post Oct 15 2006, 11:49 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 787

I recently located a VCD of "Milan", 1946 film starring Dilip Kumar. The film is based on a Tagore story, and is mostly engaging and enjoyable. But of course, what makes the film truly memorable is the top-class music of Anil Biswas and the haunting voice of Parul Ghosh. Each song of this combination in the film is worth a lifetime to hear :

- gun gun gun gun bole bhanwaravaa : the first song of the film
- jis ne banaadi baansuri - one of Anilda's finest songs
- suhaani beriyaa beeti jaaye - a sheer delight
- main kis ki laaj nibhaaun - a classic pathos melody

I shall put up songs from this film - one every day. Today, I start with my favourite song from the film - Parul's "jisne banaadi baansuri". Its very nice to hear the song in such clarity on VCD. I hope I manage to locate more such old films of Anil Biswas and C.Ramchandra music in the limited time I have in this lifetime smile1.gif If any of you could point me to any shops where I can get such rare, old films, I will be immensely grateful.

I hope you enjoy this song as much as I did.

Regards,
Shriram
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
cinemaniac2
post Oct 16 2006, 12:02 AM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
Member No.: 107

If any of you could point me to any shops where I can get such rare, old films, I will be immensely grateful.

I don't know where u are from?

but if u are ever in Mumbai-there is a street/area called Lamington Road

there are wholesellers there -of music/computers/electrornics/software/hardware/stereo/speakers/lights/electricals

and of course GIZMOZ

and everything u always wanted but never knew existed

+Quote Post
shriram
post Oct 17 2006, 11:59 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Thank you Sir. I live in Bangalore but I will try to go to the place you mentioned the next time I go to Bombay.

The next song from "Milan" is another treat to the ears - "gun gun gun gun bole bha.nvaravaa". Most charmingly rendered by Parul. What a most refreshing melody this is.. its guaranteed to freshen you up at any time.

Regards,
Shriram
+Quote Post
sgbhagwat
post Oct 20 2006, 08:17 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 6429

QUOTE(shriram @ Oct 17 2006, 11:59 PM) *

Thank you Sir. I live in Bangalore but I will try to go to the place you mentioned the next time I go to Bombay.

The next song from "Milan" is another treat to the ears - "gun gun gun gun bole bha.nvaravaa". Most charmingly rendered by Parul. What a most refreshing melody this is.. its guaranteed to freshen you up at any time.

Regards,
Shriram

Shriraj

Thank you very much sir for the excellent post. I am looking forward to the remaining tracks on your VCD. Apart from Parul Ghosh's songs there were other songs in the movie too.... Tumhe Sajan Manaaye, Vaah Kahe Aapki Chhah and Upar hai bdariya (The last one by Shankar Dasgupta). Please upload these also so as to complete the entire set.

When life does not find a singer to sing her heart, she produces a philosopher to speak her mind.
... Kahlil Gibran
+Quote Post
shriram
post Oct 24 2006, 10:51 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

The next song is one of my all-time favourites - oopar hai baadariyaa kaari. This is sung by a boatman as he ferries the newly weds across a river as a storm gathers. Rendered beautifully Shankardas Gupta, this song is a delight to hear. A masterpiece !!
+Quote Post
balajigade
post Oct 24 2006, 11:22 PM
Post #6

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 4122

Thanx Shriram. Undoubtedly a rare treat to the ears. And thanq also cine.. for the info.

--Balaji
+Quote Post
shriram
post Nov 1 2006, 02:24 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Next in line is the exquisite and very popular Parul melody - "suhaani beriyaa biitii jaaye".. a melody to set you smiling and your foot tapping any day
+Quote Post
Sajjadhessan
post Oct 17 2007, 12:40 PM
Post #8

Unregistered

QUOTE(shriram @ Nov 1 2006, 01:54 PM) *

Next in line is the exquisite and very popular Parul melody - "suhaani beriyaa biitii jaaye".. a melody to set you smiling and your foot tapping any day

Sajjadhessan, October 17, 2007, 12:05, Post 301539
How can I get songs of Film 'Milan'?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 11:46 AM