Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Kachha Dhaaga

108 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kachha Dhaaga
unni
post Jun 19 2004, 04:13 PM
Post #31

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
From: Vaanar Nivas, Tribandar Marg, Bandarabad, MONKEYSTAN.
Member No.: 356

Priya-ji:

Please rest assured my future U/Ls will be of better quality. Thanks to a benefactor (who shall remain nameless) I shall be able to improve the sound quality and convert the tracks to stereo.

I shall start with "Pyar par bas tho nahin hai" and U/L it again.

Cheers --- Unni

If you stop trying to make sense of it all, you'll be less confused. Reality is an illusion.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
unni
post Jun 19 2004, 05:03 PM
Post #32

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

U/L: "Cleaned" & converted to Stereo version of Asha-ji's "PYAR PAR BAS THO NAHIN HAI" (Film: Sone ki Chidiya / Music: OPN)

Please tell me what you feel about the sound quality of this recording.

Apparently the original recording issued on the audio-tape is a copy derived from a 78 rpm vinyl record. So the scratch of the needle could be heard. I believe I have managed to minimize it.

If you stop trying to make sense of it all, you'll be less confused. Reality is an illusion.
+Quote Post
Priya
post Jun 19 2004, 05:21 PM
Post #33

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 25

Lo kar lo baat--aapne humse ji hatane ko kaha aur khud hamein 'ji' bula rahein hain. sad.gif
I like that phrase 'future uploads'--considering the nature of Ur uls till now that is something to look forward to wink.gif
Unknown benefactor--hmmm why does our moderator come to mind??? rolleyes.gif
Am listening to the new version--that was quick!!!-yes it is wonderful--all the disturbance has gone!!! I cannot wipe the smile off my face--it is lovely to hear this song by Asha.
The other one from Lighthouse is great--another number that I have not heard. Beautiful song and beautifully sung. Thanks so much.
P

IPB Image
+Quote Post
unni
post Jun 19 2004, 07:07 PM
Post #34

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Priya (not to miss: without the "ji")

Looks like you and Mohd. and I are the only ones enjoying these songs! They don't know what they are missing. Hai na?

Cheers!

+Quote Post
Talaikya
post Jun 19 2004, 07:33 PM
Post #35

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 402

QUOTE (unni @ Jun 19 2004, 07:07 PM)
Looks like you and Mohd. and I are the only ones enjoying these songs! They don't know what they are missing. Hai na?

Arre nahin nahin Unni ji, to quote you again " Main hoon na"!!!
smile.gif
I had most of the others, didn't have the LightHouse number and must have heard it a couple of decades ago. That was a treat.
Magar main aap ko "Thank you" bolte bolte thaak chuki hoon, is liye bas ab gaane sunti hoon!

T

You must be the change you want to see in the world - Mahatma Gandhi
+Quote Post
unni
post Jun 21 2004, 07:12 PM
Post #36

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

U/L: "Ashkon se teri humne" (Film: DEKH KABIRA ROYA" - 1957 / Music: Madan Mohan)

+Quote Post
unni
post Jun 23 2004, 07:00 AM
Post #37

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Here's another "not rare" song of Asha-ji, this one from "BANDINI". IMHO, this folksy number should form part of any collection of Asha-ji's best songs. I wonder if it is based on some Bengali folk tune.

I have heard/read of a span of time when SDB relied on the voice of Asha-ji, after a falling out between him and Lata-ji. But apparently that period was not contemporaneous with this movie, for Lata-ji rendered "Moro gora ang laike" for the same movie (I believe the Songs Library has a video of it).

Would someone please write in and give an idea of the years when SDB was not working with Lata-ji, and if possible, list some of the songs Asha-ji rendered for him during that time.

U/L: "O panchi pyarey" (Asha Bhosle / Film: " BANDINI / MD: SDB)

+Quote Post
Bawra Jay
post Jun 23 2004, 07:33 AM
Post #38

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 561

This is what I had come across about Lata Ji's small dispute :-

S.D.Burman: From 1958 to 1962 lata didn't sing for S.D.Burman due to a personal dispute.The Song 'Mora Gora Ang' [BANDINI] was sung after a resolution initiated by R.D.Burman

Mohd.Rafi: They didn't sing together for 3 years because of a fight on Royalties, S.D.Burman reunited them for 'Dil Pukare'[JEWEL THIEF]

From other sources , have read it was more about EGO clash which was later on patched up by RD as he wanted Lata ji to sing his career's first song.

The way is not in the sky, the way is in the heart. --Gautama Buddha
+Quote Post
Priya
post Jun 23 2004, 08:11 AM
Post #39

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Bandini is one rare instance where Asha sings the sad song while Lata was present in the film.
I believe Geeta was SDB's first choice when he fell out with Lata but Geeta could not keep dates regularly so Asha got her chance. Then post Bandini the stream of songs trickled until it was just the odd item number.
Incidentally if U look at most heroines--Rekha and Sadhna come to mind right now--Asha sang their first songs and then once they became popular Lata took over. Even Madan Mohan's first song was by Asha.
The way of the world!
P

IPB Image
+Quote Post
unni
post Jun 23 2004, 08:21 AM
Post #40

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Priya:

Would you mind changing those two interchanging images that flash on the left of the screen when you (rarely) post a message. They bother my poor eyes. Perhaps you can instead feature your photo (no flashing pleeez --- whatever that means!).

By the way, who are those two?

Cheers --- Unni

+Quote Post
Priya
post Jun 23 2004, 09:09 AM
Post #41

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

GRRR No way badi mushkil se banaya hai. Hum khud chale jayenge par apni Noor Jehan aur Asha ko nahi nikalenge. sad.gif
Unni--U ask who Asha is in the Asha forum?????
Why does it bother U--do not look there--read my bright words instead. smile.gif

IPB Image
+Quote Post
unni
post Jun 23 2004, 09:16 AM
Post #42

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

preeya-JI!

You shure that's Asha-ji, not Alka?

--- U

+Quote Post
Priya
post Jun 23 2004, 09:23 AM
Post #43

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Yeek!!!!! Nothing against the lady but why in heaven's name would I have her pic? I don't even listen to her songs. Here is the pic--take a look. BTW isn't NJ gorgeous?

IPB Image
+Quote Post
unni
post Jun 23 2004, 09:29 AM
Post #44

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Priya:

Do you, by any chance, have the name of the photographer/studio?

It's been re-touched splendidly.

With their skill, who knows, I might look like Shahrukh Khan. But then, is that an improvement? ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Priya
post Jun 23 2004, 09:43 AM
Post #45

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Unni!!!!!!!!!!!! U don't want to start me off. I have enough rabbit blood in me. wink.gif
I can send U many more pics--Gautum Rajdhyakh or whatever the surname is usually does her photo sessions. Bah I will give U evidence. Check these out--the other one is blurred bec it was a small pic which i enlarged. U must know all the Mangeshkars have lovely hair. Anyway last post on looks---btw admit U were smitten by NJ. smile.gif

IPB Image
+Quote Post

108 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 10:58 AM