Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Kachha Dhaaga

34 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kachha Dhaaga
unni
post Aug 18 2004, 09:20 PM
Post #76

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
From: Vaanar Nivas, Tribandar Marg, Bandarabad, MONKEYSTAN.
Member No.: 356

FAREWELL KANCHAN

(Excerpted from "SCREEN' on-line)

She had a low-profile career, singing songs in the ‘70s and ‘80s only for Kalyanji-Anandji and in the ‘80s also for their brother Babla, whom she later married. When Kanchan passed away last month, there was hardly a ripple in the press, with even trade magazines unaware of the news. How ironical that when the remix of ‘Laila o Laila...’ (Qurbani) could make news and rock the pubs, the singer of the original mega-hit would die an anonymous death, reported only by a minute section of the same media!

In the ‘80s, with the active support of her husband (under whom she also sang in films like BR Ishara’s Khara Khota, Raveekant Nagaich’s Govinda starrer Duty and Ketan Mehta’s Hero Hiralal) Kanchan decided to concentrate on non-film singing and was active till the end.

Says her grieving husband Babla, “She sang for over 15 non-film albums, including the hit Kaise Bani in the late ‘90s and the recent Kuch Kuch Baby with me. Most of our albums were on Calypso and other forms of European and Western music and did extremely well in New York and other places abroad. At the other extreme, she even sang a song in Marathi for none other than V. Shantaram in his film Zunj.”

Hindi film music lovers however equate Kanchan with Babla’s elder brothers (whom he also assisted), Kalyanji-Anandji in a hit parade that began with Paap Aur Punya, in which Kanchan’s duet with Mukesh, ‘Tere mere pyar ki bandh gayi....’, filmed on Sharmila Tagore and Shashi Kapoor, was a big hit. In the same film, she also sang the solo ‘O rang rasiya re...’.

Over the next ten years, Kanchan was to sing for stars like Neetu Singh, Hema Malini, Zeenat Aman, Padmini Kolhapure and others in films as varied as Uljhan, Kasam Khoon Ki, Khel Khilari Ka, Darinda, Besharam, Sau Din Saas Ke and many more. And since she sang in the days of live recordings, she had the privilege of sharing the mike with giant co-singers like Asha Bhosle, Mohammed Rafi, Mukesh, Manna Dey and Kishore Kumar.

If you stop trying to make sense of it all, you'll be less confused. Reality is an illusion.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
anurag
post Aug 19 2004, 10:15 AM
Post #77

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 550

My Goodness! Until I just read this I was n't even aware of this sad news. Kanchan, sure had a sweet voice and I distinctly remember "kaise bani" series of songs in my childhood.
I did n't know then that there was even a singer called Kanchan but I was always in love with her songs - hum tumhe chahte hain aise from Qurbani used to by one of my favorites for its unusual change in tempo and very melodic music.

Although I am unaware of any of her other songs mentioned in this article, this is a very sorry state of affairs that our rags fail to give her any coverage even on her death.

anurag

Socrates said, "The unexamined life is not worth living". I fear if I examined it, then according to Heisenberg uncertainty principle it would somehow change. After all, we are just particles.
+Quote Post
unni
post Aug 19 2004, 10:31 PM
Post #78

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE (anurag @ Aug 19 2004, 12:45 AM)
... this is a very sorry state of affairs that our rags fail to give her any coverage even on her death.

And they mourned the "death" of Shamshad Begum without verifying it! She would be justified in quoting George Bernard Shaw: "The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated"!

If you stop trying to make sense of it all, you'll be less confused. Reality is an illusion.
+Quote Post
anurag
post Aug 20 2004, 09:48 AM
Post #79

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE (unni @ Aug 19 2004, 10:31 PM)
And they mourned the "death" of Shamshad Begum without verifying it! She would be justified in quoting George Bernard Shaw: "The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated"!

Asatoma Sadgamaya
Tamasoma JyotirGamaya
Myrityoma Amritam Gamaya

On a serious note, even Wachowski brothers of Matrix fame can employ our Sanskrit verses in the end credits of their last of the trilogy with great effect and meaning but our own Indian rags who ought to know better can't ever separate the delusion from truth, darkness from light and death from life.

anurag

Socrates said, "The unexamined life is not worth living". I fear if I examined it, then according to Heisenberg uncertainty principle it would somehow change. After all, we are just particles.
+Quote Post
unni
post Aug 26 2004, 07:46 PM
Post #80

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

I have posted in the Mohd. Rafi forum a news item which I obtained from the web. It was derived from the following site and contains several little snippets of news pertaining to HFM artistes. You may want to check it out:

http://www.shayaranamusic.com/times/smtimes.htm

+Quote Post
anurag
post Sep 3 2004, 03:37 AM
Post #81

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Unni

I'd like you to hear this fusion track. I hope you like it:

Parijat - Ruparahi

+Quote Post
unni
post Sep 12 2004, 05:17 AM
Post #82

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

"Parwaney jo khud aakey jaley, meri khata kya?
Kya shamma ke sholon mein sharaarey nahin hothay?"

U/L: "Saahil se khafa yoon merey pyaarey nahin hotay" (Shobha Gurtu / Non-film Ghazal / 10:58 minutes / win.rar of mp3 / 128 kbps)

+Quote Post
anurag
post Sep 12 2004, 04:53 PM
Post #83

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Unni

I remember you had posted a ghazal of Mitalee some time back here. Do you have some more by her? I have about 4-5 from her:

1. bahut haseen hai din
2. hun ajeeb kashmakash
3. raat gulabi
4. yeh nahin gham
5. zubaan dee hai

I already posted main khushaboon see before - the one I like a lot.

Here is another good one - bahut haseen hai din.

+Quote Post
unni
post Sep 12 2004, 05:02 PM
Post #84

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(anurag @ Sep 12 2004, 07:23 AM)
Unni

I remember you had posted a ghazal of Mitalee some time back here. Do you have some more by her? I have about 4-5 from her:

1. bahut haseen hai din
2. hun ajeeb kashmakash
3. raat gulabi
4. yeh nahin gham
5. zubaan dee hai

I already posted main khushaboon see before - the one I like a lot.

Here is another good one - bahut haseen hai din.

Anurag:

I have a few albums of Bhupinder/Mitalee from which I can upload her solos.

+Quote Post
anurag
post Sep 12 2004, 05:34 PM
Post #85

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Unni

I also have their "Best of Bhupinder and Mitalee" which has its first song listed as aaj ki raat.

Ghazals from any other album would be much appreciated.

+Quote Post
unni
post Sep 12 2004, 05:40 PM
Post #86

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(anurag @ Sep 12 2004, 08:04 AM)
Unni

I also have their "Best of Bhupinder and Mitalee" which has its first song listed as aaj ki raat.

Ghazals from any other album would be much appreciated.

The ones I have are:

1) "MOHABBAT" Vols. 1 & 2
2) "EK HASEEN SHAAM" Vols 1 & 2
3) "GULMOHAR"
4) "DARD BHARI GHAZLEN"
5) Selections from "NASHEMAN"
6) "SAAHIL" - Ghazals by Mitalee

+Quote Post
anurag
post Sep 12 2004, 05:47 PM
Post #87

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Unni

Other than Dard bhare one, I dont think I have even heard the names of those albums so just upload the ones you like. I have these ghazals on the one album I have:

I can upload these

AAJ KI RAAT
ALLAH HI ALLAH
DEKHA hAI zINDGI MEIN
DHUNDHLAE HUYE WADE
KAHAN TAK NASHE KA HAI JADOO
MUJHSE PARDA HAI TO PHIR
SACH KAHTE HAIN
SAJAN YEH KHOYA KHOYA MAN
SHAMA JALAYE RAKHNA

Actually, if we begin a thread on Bhupinder and Mitalee, I'd upload some anyway for everyone.

+Quote Post
unni
post Sep 12 2004, 05:54 PM
Post #88

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(anurag @ Sep 12 2004, 08:17 AM)
Unni

Other than Dard bhare one, I dont think I have even heard the names of those albums so just upload the ones you like. I have these ghazals on the one album I have:

I can upload these

AAJ KI RAAT
ALLAH HI ALLAH
DEKHA hAI zINDGI MEIN
DHUNDHLAE HUYE WADE
KAHAN TAK NASHE KA HAI JADOO
MUJHSE PARDA HAI TO PHIR
SACH KAHTE HAIN
SAJAN YEH KHOYA KHOYA MAN
SHAMA JALAYE RAKHNA

Actually, if we begin a thread on Bhupinder and Mitalee, I'd upload some anyway for everyone.

Other than "Allah hi Allah" which I had uploaded in SKS, the rest would be welcome.

Thanks.

+Quote Post
anurag
post Sep 12 2004, 06:49 PM
Post #89

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

ok, then I'd start a new thread in Ghazals section. Let's take it from here.

+Quote Post
Bawra Jay
post Sep 13 2004, 04:34 AM
Post #90

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 561

Let me know when you starting this new thread.... I have lots of her ghazal except some I saw from Anu's list....

One of my My all time fav of her is "kuch na kisi bolenge" :-

kuch pyar jahan mein aise hain....
ashqon mein jo palte dekhe hain....
dushman tau na badle apne kabhi....
humdum hi badalte dekhe hain.....

kuch na kisi bolenge...tanhai mein rau lenge...
kuch na kisi bolenge...tanhai mein rau lenge...

The way is not in the sky, the way is in the heart. --Gautama Buddha
+Quote Post

34 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 30th May 2024 - 01:30 PM