Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

C Ramchandra Special Hf Radio Program

, on his 24th death anniversary Jan 5th, 2006

9 Pages V « < 6 7 8 9 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> C Ramchandra Special Hf Radio Program, on his 24th death anniversary Jan 5th, 2006
ketadxb
post Jan 28 2006, 12:01 AM
Post #106

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2157

Dear Sri ji,
Excellant , zindgi meri zaroor gaa rahi hai, yahi gaana, thank you

aapke har kaam me chaar ahand laage

regards

keshav

QUOTE(sri @ Jan 26 2006, 05:11 PM) *

song no. 25 : Mahendra Kapoor and Asha Bhosle team up for this pleasing 1960 number from 'Aanchal'

25 Gaa rahi hai zindagi,Asha_MahendraKapoor, Aanchal 1960, C Ramchandra_Pradeep

Enjoy !

Sri

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ketadxb
post Jan 28 2006, 12:02 AM
Post #107

Group Icon

Member No.: 2157

Dear Sri ji,

aapke har kaam me chaar chand laage

regards

keshav

QUOTE(sri @ Jan 26 2006, 05:11 PM) *

song no. 25 : Mahendra Kapoor and Asha Bhosle team up for this pleasing 1960 number from 'Aanchal'

25 Gaa rahi hai zindagi,Asha_MahendraKapoor, Aanchal 1960, C Ramchandra_Pradeep

Enjoy !

Sri

+Quote Post
Talaikya
post Jan 28 2006, 05:43 AM
Post #108

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 402

QUOTE(sri @ Jan 27 2006, 03:41 AM) *

QUOTE(Anupama @ Jan 27 2006, 12:13 PM) *
meri bhi koi sun lo sad1.gif

Anu ...your request from Bahurani should be up next ...song #23 !!

Sri

Oh, yeh baat hain, I missed that?? Tuau yeh lijiye - hope it wasn't too long a wait Anupama sorry.gif

Song 23 : Umr hui , Bahurani 1963

Another lovely lilting song from the same film starring Guru Dutt, Mala Sinha.
Eetal ke ghal mein peetal is from this movie too (did anyone ever upload it?)

This one's a CD rip - 3:16 mins @ 128

PS: Sri - that I presume concludes my part in this lovely thread except to download all the goodies as soon as I can make some room in my "bursting at the seams system". Next stop YOV and thereafter Tandem Tunes.

You must be the change you want to see in the world - Mahatma Gandhi
+Quote Post
sri
post Jan 28 2006, 08:55 AM
Post #109

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2760

QUOTE(Talaikya @ Jan 28 2006, 05:43 AM) *
PS: Sri - that I presume concludes my part in this lovely thread except to download all the goodies as soon as I can make some room in my "bursting at the seams system". Next stop YOV and thereafter Tandem Tunes.

Many many thanks J ...for your generous help and support in uploading so many songs on my behalf !!! Really appreciate it.

Sri

"Jis din is duniya se nafrat aur khudgarzi mit jaayegi, us roz yeh insaan naachega, us roz yeh dharti gaayegi" - Rajinder Krishan (Maa baap 1959)
+Quote Post
sri
post Jan 28 2006, 09:08 AM
Post #110

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

From the mid 60s, when he was around 47, bad times befell C Ramchandra. He had a major fall-out with Lata Mangeshkar after being so close to her for many years. This hurt him very much. Times had also changed. He retired to his Poona home, conducting music classes during the 70s. Later, compelled by financial needs, he put his home also up for sale. On 22nd December 1981, he was admitted to the KEM hospital in Mumbai. He had been suffering from ulcers for some time. He was 64 when he breathed his last on 5th January, 1982.

Song #26 is next :
26 Kat te hain dukh mein yeh din, Lata, Parchhain 1952, C Ramchandra_NoorLucknavi
I had reserved this song for the end of the program...simply because every time I heard it, I didn't feel like listening to any other song !!

This truly inspired composition, which is so beautifully sung, symbolises the 'magic' that existed in the C Ramchandra-Lata Mangeshkar pair.

Much later, after I had finalised the song list, I came across a comment made by Lata Mangeshkar where she said : "My personal favourite of C Ramchandra's songs is Kat te hain dukh mein yeh din pehloo badal badal ke... where even the only sitar accompanying my voice, appears to be in mourning," Lata says.

Listen.

Sri

"Jis din is duniya se nafrat aur khudgarzi mit jaayegi, us roz yeh insaan naachega, us roz yeh dharti gaayegi" - Rajinder Krishan (Maa baap 1959)
+Quote Post
sri
post Jan 28 2006, 10:09 AM
Post #111

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(ketadxb @ Jan 28 2006, 12:02 AM) *
Dear Sri ji,

aapke har kaam me chaar chand laage

regards

keshav

thanks keshav !! glad you like the songs

sri

+Quote Post
Talaikya
post Jan 28 2006, 10:26 AM
Post #112

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(sri @ Jan 27 2006, 10:25 PM) *

Many many thanks J ...for your generous help and support in uploading so many songs on my behalf !!! Really appreciate it.

Sri

Attached Image Did you have to?? No big deal Sri ji, was a pleasure to be associated with this thread, always. The least I could do smile1.gif Thank you in fact for all the wonderful uploads and songs and radio programs. Do bring us 'em gems often!

+Quote Post
sri
post Jan 28 2006, 10:52 AM
Post #113

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

....and now, the 'bonus' song which was played during the re-airing of the program

Phir wohi chand wohi gham, Lata_Chitalkar, Baarish 1957, C Ramchandra_RajinderKrishan CD

This is a duet of Lata Mangeshkar and Chitalkar ( C Ramchandra ). The starting words of the the song are very similar to those of the better known 'Phir wohi shaam' sung by Talat Mahmood in 'Jahan Ara' 1964 ...same lyricist RajinderKrishan

Enjoy !

I do hope that this thread has provided HF members with enough material to develop / revive an interest in the music of this legendary music director. I started with an idea of a 60 min program...but later had to make it 90 mins...and even then, so many lovely songs had to be left out !! Enough to have a second program on C Ramchandra !!

Sri

+Quote Post
fiftysomeone
post Jan 28 2006, 11:24 AM
Post #114

Group Icon

Member No.: 2341

QUOTE(sri @ Jan 28 2006, 09:08 AM) *

From the mid 60s, when he was around 47, bad times befell C Ramchandra. He had a major fall-out with Lata Mangeshkar after being so close to her for many years. This hurt him very much.
Sri

Sri-ji,
Thanks for the wonderful series.
I was watching a TV programme yesterday on one of the channels yesterday about Lata Mangeshkar, which had a big segment on "Ae Mere Watan Ke Logon". It was disappointing that there was so much discussion about and with Kavi Pradeep who penned the lyrics, but at least in the part I saw there was no mention at all of C Ramchandra who composed this immortal tune. I wonder if that was a deliberate slip!
Cheers,
50Some1
+Quote Post
r&d
post Jan 28 2006, 11:28 AM
Post #115

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1955

QUOTE(fiftysomeone @ Jan 27 2006, 09:54 PM) *

QUOTE(sri @ Jan 28 2006, 09:08 AM) *

From the mid 60s, when he was around 47, bad times befell C Ramchandra. He had a major fall-out with Lata Mangeshkar after being so close to her for many years. This hurt him very much.
Sri

Sri-ji,
I was watching a TV programme yesterday on one of the channels yesterday about Lata Mangeshkar, which had a big segment on "Ae Mere Watan Ke Logon". It was disappointing that there was so much discussion about and with Kavi Pradeep who penned the lyrics, but at least in the part I saw there was no mention at all of C Ramchandra who composed this immortal tune. I wonder if that was a deliberate slip!
Cheers,
50Some1

As deliberate as Asha not mentioning OPN and mentioning all
others in multiple interviews.
+Quote Post
sri
post Jan 28 2006, 02:42 PM
Post #116

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(fiftysomeone @ Jan 28 2006, 11:24 AM) *
Sri-ji,
Cheers,
50Some1

50S1, unfortunately...that appears to be the case...since it has happened earlier too, in fact it happened even while C Ramchandra was living and present at a function where Lata sang this song....and Dilip Kumar who introduced the song made no mention of C Ramchandra being the composer !! And all this while CR was present in the audience! On being accosted later by CR, Dilip Kumar apparently said very innocently "Oh Anna (as CR was called) I didn't know you had composed this song" !!!!!!

Example given by Rajnish is also similarly true and unfortunate. Its natural, I suppose, but nevertheless a tragedy that these artistes have not been able to separate their personal lives from their professional ones.

But Lata and Asha's rather obvious attempts to ignore CRamchandra and OPN respectively will thankfully not be able to erase the magical contributions of these great composers...whose names will be etched forever in history right next to the names of Lata and Asha...inextricably linked with each other in the production of unforgettable masterpieces !

Sri

+Quote Post
Talaikya
post Feb 5 2006, 08:48 AM
Post #117

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(sri @ Jan 28 2006, 12:22 AM) *

Enough to have a second program on C Ramchandra !!
Sri

Sure anytime, whenever your schedule permits smile1.gif

+Quote Post
mohd2004
post Feb 6 2006, 06:54 PM
Post #118

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 419

QUOTE(r&d @ Jan 26 2006, 12:21 PM) *

Sri ji,

I need these from the Baarish (1957)

Kahte Hain Pyar Kisko
Phir Wohi Chand Wohi Hum
Yeh Arzoo Thi Ke Hum Bahar
Yeh Munh Aur Daal Masoor Ki

Thank you very much for sharing from the VCD.

Rajnish Ji,

Remaining 3 songs -CD rips are here:

(Song #2- already posted from VCD by Sri, vide -Post #113 )

#1- Kahte Hain Pyar Kisko - Lata Mangeshkar & Chitalkar
#2- Yeh Arzoo Thi Ke Hum Bahar -Lata Mangeshkar
#3- Yeh Munh Aur Daal Masoor Ki-Lata Mangeshkar
#

Enjoy,

Mohd.

+Quote Post
r&d
post Feb 7 2006, 11:58 AM
Post #119

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1955

Thanks mohd. ji and sri ji for Baarish songs.
+Quote Post
sri
post Feb 14 2006, 11:43 AM
Post #120

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Talaikya @ Feb 5 2006, 08:48 AM) *
QUOTE(sri @ Jan 28 2006, 12:22 AM) *

Enough to have a second program on C Ramchandra !!
Sri

Sure anytime, whenever your schedule permits smile1.gif

Have some other programs in mind now...after that shall consider the second one on CR !!

Sri

+Quote Post

9 Pages V « < 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 13th June 2024 - 11:17 PM