Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Andamans

, Andamans Day 3 and 4

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Andamans, Andamans Day 3 and 4
vivekpm
post Mar 30 2004, 11:31 AM
Post #16

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 120

QUOTE (Chitralekha @ Mar 17 2004, 10:39 PM)
Hey Vivek, isnt that Chorwad beach? I thought Chorwad was the worst one in all Gujarat beaches.

Nope, never been to Diu but I really want to visit there and also Daman. I heard there's lot of shopping places in both cities. biggrin.gif

Speaking of beaches in Saurashtra I've been to Veraval and Haathab (near Bhavnagar). Haathab was nice and you can walk into the sea when it is lowtide for like a few kms. Veraval being a fishing place stinked badly for miles. Not been to Dwarka yet. Wish to go there someday. I heard nearby from there the actual city of Dwarka lies under water. Wondering if they take tourists in boat to the spot... !

Hi Chitralekha,

A delayed response to your post. Was out of action for few days. Never been to Chorwad beach. Yes I too have visited Veraval beach and certainly it stinks a lot but then it is largest fishing port of India!!!! Actually, I had a chance to visit the entire plant where all these activities are conducted as my uncle is with Govt of Guj there. I almost vomitted there... place stinks like hell. Also, it was not a great site for a vegeterian like me to see...

Diu is surely shoppers paradise. There is some weekend market funda there wherein you get good bargains sometimes. I visited Diu longggggg back.

Dwarka is on my list for my next visit to Saurashtra...Some of these places in Gujarat are truly worth visiting and can be promoted as major tourist attractions. Had been to Girnar few years back and it was great at the top.

Signing off with Nostalgia smile.gif,

V i V e K ...

--------------------------------------------

Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance.
-- Will Durant

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
vivekpm
post Mar 30 2004, 11:37 AM
Post #17

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 120

QUOTE (Lata @ Mar 18 2004, 04:15 AM)
QUOTE (vivekpm @ Mar 17 2004, 09:52 AM)
I truly miss walking down Mumbai's Marine Drive along the sea on a monsoon day...

Being a Bambaiya myself, I can understand what u feel Vivek. Walking along the Marine drive during the monsoon is an experience in itself. I remember one rainy season when we friends decided to walk from Santacruz to Andheri. It was raining cats and dogs. We walked all the way singing hindi songs. Woh bhi kya din the........U know, inspite of being born and brought up in Bombay I have never visited Alibaugh. Shud plan a trip on my next visit to Mumbai. smile.gif

Ahhh...the monsoon in mumbai is truly wonderful. BTW, last week I was in Mumbai before shifting to b'lore and visited Marine drive 3 times in one week smile.gif . Every time I visit that place it seems even more great and they are starting a beautification drive there and good news is that work is already started smile.gif .

One of my friend from Madurai was visiting mumbai and was cribbing about local trains and crowds. But Marine Drive helped me to convince him that Mumbai is truly amazing. He was spellbound with the beauty of Marine Drive. Will try and upload some snaps that we took sometime next week.

Cheers,

V i V e K ...

--------------------------------------------

Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance.
-- Will Durant

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 24th September 2024 - 12:35 AM