Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Kumar Sanu's Beautiful Bangla Songs

, A worthy follower of Kishore-da

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kumar Sanu's Beautiful Bangla Songs, A worthy follower of Kishore-da
rinmaj
post Jun 8 2005, 08:33 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2402

And Rinki, a million thanx! I guess you may also be wanted in the language thread.. bow.gif

[/quote]

You're most welcome.And what are friends for?Helping out one another.Don't you agree?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
humble_rafi
post Jun 8 2005, 09:18 PM
Post #17

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1609

laugh.gif
Mandrake Posted Today, 07:35 AM
  QUOTE(humble_rafi @ Jun 8 2005, 12:04 AM)
rinmaj ji

these songs r worthy

plz let me know so that i will DL and listen them.

coz i admire ur choice

Grrrrrrr  HR ji, aapne to mera dil is qadar tod diya ki kya bataaoon?
Gana recommend mainey kiya, aur choice Rinki ka achchha?
Mujhse toh bahas kee thi : these today's kids are no good.. aur aaj yeh.. 

Maaf keejiye HR ji, respectfully mazaak kar rahaa tha. Isee bahaane aapne yeh geet sun liye to mujhe Khushi hogi.

And Rinki, a million thanx! I guess you may also be wanted in the language thread.. 
rinmaj Posted Today, 01:28 AM
  QUOTE(humble_rafi @ Jun 7 2005, 02:34 PM)
rinmaj ji

these songs r worthy

coz i admire ur choice

Wow!I'm flattered!Jokes apart,these songs are quite melodious and the lyrics are pretty good too.But they are not the "classical" type.So be your own judge and take a decision.
Rinki

Mandrake Ji i did't ask u coz it was ur choice and i respect individual choice sunglasses2.gif
how could i dare that ur choice is bad.

i asked rinki coz this girl luvly pure bengla music not copy paste of old stuff or western tones.

though since my childhood i never liked any of KK da's clone that why i asked her. sunglasses2.gif

I NEVER HEARD AN ANGEL SINGING,YES I HEARD MOHAMMED RAFI SAHAB.

I LOVE THEE RAFI SAHAB

Saanson Ki Maala Pay, Simron Main Pi Ka Naam......Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan Sahab
+Quote Post
Mandrake
post Jun 8 2005, 11:34 PM
Post #18

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2066

QUOTE(humble_rafi @ Jun 8 2005, 09:18 PM)
laugh.gif
Mandrake Posted Today, 07:35 AM
  QUOTE(humble_rafi @ Jun 8 2005, 12:04 AM)
  Maaf keejiye HR ji, respectfully mazaak kar rahaa tha. Isee bahaane aapne yeh geet sun liye to mujhe Khushi hogi.

And Rinki, a million thanx! I guess you may also be wanted in the language thread.. 

QUOTE(humble_rafi @ Jun 7 2005, 02:34 PM)
rinmaj ji

these songs r worthy

coz i admire ur choice

Mandrake Ji i did't ask u coz it was ur choice and i respect individual choice sunglasses2.gif
how could i dare that ur choice is bad.

i asked rinki coz this girl luvly pure bengla music not copy paste of old stuff or western tones.

though since my childhood i never liked any of KK da's clone that why i asked her. sunglasses2.gif

HRji, maafi chaahta hoon. I had no idea you knew Rinki personally.
Very sorry, but as I said, I was just joking. tongue.gif

Self - belief is the most potent force.
+Quote Post
Tera Baap
post Jun 9 2005, 03:38 AM
Post #19

Unregistered

Hi Guys,

This post is aimed specifically at one of Humble Rafi Sahib's comments which was made earlier. HRji you mentioned that you do not listen to these 'kids' and that nowadays artists are one hit wonders and that current songs will not be remembered in years to come. I totally agree with you but only with regards to the music scene as it CURRENTLY is. Please dont get me wrong, i absolutely respect your opinions and am in no way trying to influence you otherwise. I myself am a huge Rafi fan but at the same time i listen to current artists as well e.g. Sanuda, Udit, Sonu (although Sonu is being over exposed nowadays is begining to get on my nerves!!).

Great singers like Kumar Sanu cannot be placed into the category of 'kids' because he has been singing since mid 80s and is an established singer with many awards and records under his belt. Yes he may be a kid compared to Rafi saab but they are from two totally different eras. In my opinion, Rafi saab dominated his era and Sanu dominated his (which was the 90s) he even recieved an 'artist of the decade' award for his contribution to playback singing for the the 90s and is the only male playback singer to have won the filmfare award for best male singer 5 times in a row (a feat only equalled by the great Lataji). I

Yes he started off his career as a KK clone but quickly developed his own style of singing which was not loved by everyone. IMO, his unique style is what sets him apart from his contemporaries and even Udit Narayan admitted that Sanu is the better singer between the two (this was in Aap Ki Adalat programme on Zee TV).

I am sure you would agree that Sanu has sung hundreds of songs which could be deemed as classics, here is a list of songs of Sanuda which i still listen to on a daily basis but are up to 15 years old;

Aashqui songs (Tu meri zindagi hai, Dil ka alam, Nazar ke Saamne)
Mera dil bhi kitna pagal hai - saajan
All his songs from 'phir teri kahani yaad ayi'
Songs from '1942 A love story' (RD Burmans last album as an MD and possibly Sanu's best work to date) 'Kuch na kaho', 'ek ladki ko dekha'
Bazigar -title song
Yeh Kaali Kaali Aankhen - Bazigar
songs from 'Zindagi Ek Juaa'
Songs from 'Deewana'
Songs from 'Dil ka kya kasoor'

and more recently;
Tere chehre se nazar - girlfriend
Mere Jeevan Saathi - title song

and forthcoming movie Barsaat Starring Bobby Deol

That these songs are still listened to today are the hallmark of a great singer and i have no hesitation in marking these songs are evergreen and timeless, the fact that some of them are 15 years old proves my point. There are many many more that i could have added to the list but above is just a small sample for you to possibly listen to and decide. If you dont like him fair dues, but as they say 'variety is the spice of life'!!!

Thanks and apologies if i hurt anyones feelings as that was definatley not my intention.

+Quote Post
anurag
post Jun 9 2005, 04:09 AM
Post #20

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 550

QUOTE(Tera Baap @ Jun 8 2005, 06:08 PM)
<snipped>
I am sure you would agree that Sanu has sung hundreds of songs which could be deemed as classics, here is a list of songs of Sanuda which i still listen to on a daily basis but are up to 15 years old;

Aashqui songs (Tu meri zindagi hai, Dil ka alam, Nazar ke Saamne)
Mera dil bhi kitna pagal hai - saajan
All his songs from 'phir teri kahani yaad ayi'

<snipped>

These are fantastic songs and I can listen to these anytime but let's not forget that it was Nadeem Shravan's melodic music in Aashiqui and Saajan and Anu Malik's best tunes in Phir teri Kahani.., Baajegar, Sir, and Vijaypath that really did the trick. In fact, it is said that Aashiqui, in true sense marked the onset of melody in 90s, the seeds of which were sown in low budget but unsuccessful Gulshan Kumar productions like Lal Dupatta Malmal Ka and Jeena Teri Galle Mein. Also, contribution of Anuradha Podwal in making the music of some of those movies the best seller can not be underestimated either.

Socrates said, "The unexamined life is not worth living". I fear if I examined it, then according to Heisenberg uncertainty principle it would somehow change. After all, we are just particles.
+Quote Post
Tera Baap
post Jun 9 2005, 04:52 AM
Post #21

Unregistered

These are fantastic songs and I can listen to these anytime but let's not forget that it was Nadeem Shravan's melodic music in Aashiqui and Saajan and Anu Malik's best tunes in Phir teri Kahani.., Baajegar, Sir, and Vijaypath that really did the trick. In fact, it is said that Aashiqui, in true sense marked the onset of melody in 90s, the seeds of which were sown in low budget but unsuccessful Gulshan Kumar productions like Lal Dupatta Malmal Ka and Jeena Teri Galle Mein. Also, contribution of Anuradha Podwal in making the music of some of those movies the best seller can not be underestimated either.

[/quote]

Anurag,

I totally agree with you my friend. The music, lyrics and singing in each of those albums was fantastic and it was truly a team effort. Like you said, Aashiqui was absolutely a phenomenal success. It breathed fresh air into a (at that time) stale industry. The music scene was struggling to 'find its feet' even almost a decade after it had lost its most valuable singers (rafi saab and kishoreda). Which is why this album is a landmark. All those involved subsequently became synonomous with melody and even today, Nadeem Shravan are the only music directors who have not succumbed to the westernisation of bollywood music and should be admired for trying to keep melody alive (trailer of the latest NS film Barsaat proves that, the title song sung by KS and AY is fantastic and extermly melodious). Similarly, Kumar Sanu became associated with 'melody' and all throughout the 90s he sang most of the melodious and hit numbers, hence his unofficial title as 'melody king'. Even Asha Bhonsle praised KS by saying he is an extremely melodious singer and is 'sur ka pakka'!

Of course Anurada Paudwal should be credited and so should all of his collegues more so Alka Yagnik as she has sung record number of songs with KS and given the most hits with him but the reason i did not mention them was because this topic is about KS. Even so, for me at least, it is the renditions by Kumar Sanu of all the songs i have mentioned (also Dil hai ke maanta nahin) that makes each and every one of those songs memorable. The emotions he poured into those songs was second to none and his rendering was brilliant. Songs like 'Tu Meri zindagi hai', 'Chura ke Daaman (imtihaan), 'Mera dil bhi' Saajan, 'yeh kaali kaali aankhen' and many others are remembered as solo songs by KS even though there are female parts!! Thats what is special about this singer.

No doubt that there are other capable and competent singers out there but of todays era KS is IMO the best. Even though he is almost obselete nowadays and hardly sings, but whenever his songs are released, they are that much more special!!

I do have to say that i am probably KS' biggest fan and worst critic at the same time. He has made some bad decisions which he probably regrets and at one stage his fame and fortune were getting to his head. Presently, his vocal quality has its ups and downs, in some songs he sounds fabulous e.g. maine poocha kudrat se, naa hone deenge, mere jeevan saathi etc but in others his quality seems lacking e.g. tere chehre se. i would love to see a return to form and once again, i think the industry needs another 'aashiqui' pretty soon otherwise the state of affairs will get worse!!!
+Quote Post
kurtcobain
post Jun 9 2005, 03:22 PM
Post #22

Group Icon

Member No.: 762

hi guys,

this thread has actually prompted me to listen to sanu da's bengali songs for the first time....and i must say that i really enjoyed them, although the only word i understood was 'priyotama' !!!

anyways, the songs were beautiful, and sanu da sang them with great emotion. jibone amar sounds like a sad song...

i guess this is the magic of sanu da, even without understanding the words you can easily tell the mood of the song (off course the music also helps), also, sanu da has the knack of sounding really sad, without actually sobbing/crying on the mic , as i have noted some other singers to do

i would say that sanu da's 'sad expression' has a mature feel to it, this is a quality he has in common to kishore da, and makes him lovable to fans like me

i don't want to specifically respond to humble rafi's comments, all i will say is that

"rafi himself was a very nice person, and would not have approved of fans like you spoiling threads of other singers, like you have been doing here"

off course this does not apply to sonu nigam fans, as over the past few years he has made fun of his senior singers on various stages and shows, and success has obviously got to his head.....so expecting any decency out of his fans would be simply expecting too much....sonu fans can make all the malicious comments they want, kumar sanu fans will answer on this thread, and not spoil spoil nigams threads.......because we are a decent lot,

according to televised interviews, kumar sanu is a singer who touches the feet of all his senior singers on meeting them (eg suresh wadkar), and gives them due respect. he has also supported a lot of junior singers by reccomending them to music directors. even his statement regarding not wanting a 6th filmfare was primarily aimed at supporting junior struggling singers (and this cost sanu da dearly, as we all know).

KS fanclub website
KS fanclub message board- home of more than 600 KS fans
user posted image user posted image
user posted imageuser posted image
'king of melody' kumar sanu recieving ARTIST OF THE DECADE award at Atlantic City,USA
+Quote Post
anurag
post Jun 10 2005, 06:09 AM
Post #23

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 550

There goes any chance of a rational discourse!

Continue the crusade, thank you.

Socrates said, "The unexamined life is not worth living". I fear if I examined it, then according to Heisenberg uncertainty principle it would somehow change. After all, we are just particles.
+Quote Post
Mandrake
post Jun 25 2005, 02:35 PM
Post #24

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Now that the dust has settled, let me make some fresh requests smile1.gif :

Can we have the melodious 'ghooma o chaand ghooma' ? Beautiful tune, nice lyrics, ably rendered...

Also, the soul-searching 'kano tumi aamaake je aeto bhalo-baasho?'

The mischievous 'tumi aachho aeto kaachhe taay, prithibite shorgoke paay'

The super-quiet 'koto door choley elaam, koto kotha bhooley gelaam'

and finally, the light-hearted ' phooler chhua jodi laage'

I know atleast one member who'll take care of at least half the requests wink2.gif

+Quote Post
rinmaj
post Jun 25 2005, 07:07 PM
Post #25

Group Icon

Member No.: 2402

QUOTE(Mandrake @ Jun 25 2005, 05:05 AM)
Now that the dust has settled, let me make some fresh requests  smile1.gif :

Can we have the melodious 'ghooma o chaand ghooma' ? Beautiful tune, nice lyrics, ably rendered...

Also, the soul-searching 'kano tumi aamaake je aeto bhalo-baasho?'

The mischievous 'tumi aachho aeto kaachhe taay, prithibite shorgoke paay'

The super-quiet 'koto door choley elaam, koto kotha bhooley gelaam'

and finally, the light-hearted ' phooler chhua jodi laage'

I know atleast one member who'll take care of at least half the requests wink2.gif

Hello Mandrake,
As you've guessed rightly I have these songs,but they are all post '87 and so can't be u/lded here.
Rinki
+Quote Post
Mandrake
post Jun 25 2005, 09:09 PM
Post #26

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

ooooops!!! didn't know that blab.gif
Rinki, could u possibly PM them to me?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 25th May 2024 - 10:11 PM