Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Nostalgia......yesteryear Actresses

65 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nostalgia......yesteryear Actresses
harihar
post Apr 5 2007, 02:02 PM
Post #16

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 4243

QUOTE(Reeth @ Apr 5 2007, 01:47 PM) *

Excellent stuff wub.gif Noorie ji n Reeth ji wonderful pics

Music is moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness and a gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and leads to all that is good, true and beautiful..... AND Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life. ~Ludwig van Beethoven
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
nasir
post Apr 5 2007, 09:45 PM
Post #17

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 5763

Thanks so much REETH for those picture as well as information.
By the way, speaking of yesteryear actress, do you have anything on REHANA? I haven't seen her name being mentioned as yet since the time I joined HF a year ago.

NASIR.

NASIR
Teri Khushi me.n Khush Tera banda khidmatgaar hai,
Banda hoo.n mai.n Tera Tuu mera Parwardigaar hai
+Quote Post
Reeth
post Apr 7 2007, 02:31 PM
Post #18

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6151

QUOTE(nasir @ Apr 5 2007, 09:45 PM) *

By the way, speaking of yesteryear actress, do you have anything on REHANA? I haven't seen her name being mentioned as yet since the time I joined HF a year ago.

NASIR.

Nasir this is what i found on the net about Rehana........

REHANA

Attached Image

She appeared on the silver screen sometime in the late 30's acting in minor roles but soon took the cine world by storm....Made her major debut as a leading lady in "Hum Ek Hain" with Dev Anand...which was incidentally his first film too ...
With the exception of Dilip Kumar Rehana acted with all top heroes of her era...
Dilruba with dev Ananad
Sargam
and
sunehre Din with Raj kapoor
Cham chama cham with Kishore kumar
Sagai with Premnath
Actress with prem Adeeb
Adaa with Shekar

Some of the best Lata Mangeshkar songs were picturised on her...
Koi kisika deewana na baney.....Sargam
Zamaney ka dastoor hai yeh.....Laajawab
Tum kya jaano tumhari yaad mein.....Shin shinaki babla boo
Preetam mere duniya mein....Adaa
Mohobat mein aise .....Sagaai

Her memrable movies were...
Shehnai
Saajan
Sunehra Din
Sargam
Sagaai
Adaa
Dilruba
Shin shinaki babla boo....

After completing her last films in 1956," Delhi Darbaar "and "Qeemat ", she migrated to Pakistan....
She acted in a few films in Pakistan, but failed to impress......later married a film poducer...
She is widowed and leading a life of seclusion in pakistan now...

The greatest discovery of my generation is that human beings can alter their lives
by altering their attitudes of mind

-William James
+Quote Post
HumTum
post Apr 7 2007, 02:59 PM
Post #19

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 8009

Reeth great job dost! thumbs-up.gif

Who are you going to feature next?
+Quote Post
nasir
post Apr 7 2007, 10:38 PM
Post #20

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Reeth @ Apr 7 2007, 02:31 PM) *

QUOTE(nasir @ Apr 5 2007, 09:45 PM) *

NASIR.

Nasir this is what i found on the net about Rehana........

REHANA

Attached Image

She appeared on the silver screen sometime in the late 30's acting in minor roles but soon took the cine world by storm....Made her major debut as a leading lady in "Hum Ek Hain" with Dev Anand...which was incidentally his first film too ...
With the exception of Dilip Kumar Rehana acted with all top heroes of her era...
Dilruba with dev Ananad
Sargam
and
sunehre Din with Raj kapoor
Cham chama cham with Kishore kumar
Sagai with Premnath
Actress with prem Adeeb
Adaa with Shekar

Some of the best Lata Mangeshkar songs were picturised on her...
Koi kisika deewana na baney.....Sargam
Zamaney ka dastoor hai yeh.....Laajawab
Tum kya jaano tumhari yaad mein.....Shin shinaki babla boo
Preetam mere duniya mein....Adaa
Mohobat mein aise .....Sagaai

Her memrable movies were...
Shehnai
Saajan
Sunehra Din
Sargam
Sagaai
Adaa
Dilruba
Shin shinaki babla boo....

After completing her last films in 1956," Delhi Darbaar "and "Qeemat ", she migrated to Pakistan....
She acted in a few films in Pakistan, but failed to impress......later married a film poducer...
She is widowed and leading a life of seclusion in pakistan now...

Seems even the songs you mentioned above are all mellifluous. Not to speak of those well-known movies.
Of course I don't remember seeing those movies except SHIN SHINAKI BUBALA BOO as a very small kid at the Imperial Theatre or perhaps the Swatik. But don't remember a thing from it. The title song of this movie I do remember the line. I wonder whether this was a mythical movie and whether the swashbuckling RANJAN was her hero.

I specially asked for REHANA's info since my dad had informed me that he had purchased the house of Rehana before her migration to Pakistan.

NASIR.

NASIR
+Quote Post
Reeth
post Apr 10 2007, 03:53 PM
Post #21

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

[quote name='HumTum' date='Apr 7 2007, 02:59 PM' post='359306']

[/quote]

Nargis... biggrin.gif

[quote name='nasir' date='Apr 7 2007, 10:38 PM' post='359442']

NASIR.
[/quote]

Seems even the songs you mentioned above are all mellifluous. Not to speak of those well-known movies.
Of course I don't remember seeing those movies except SHIN SHINAKI BUBALA BOO as a very small kid at the Imperial Theatre or perhaps the Swatik. But don't remember a thing from it. The title song of this movie I do remember the line. I wonder whether this was a mythical movie and whether the swashbuckling RANJAN was her hero.

I specially asked for REHANA's info since my dad had informed me that he had purchased the house of Rehana before her migration to Pakistan.NASIR.
[/quote]

Nasir,Are you still in posession of that house??

The greatest discovery of my generation is that human beings can alter their lives

-William James
+Quote Post
Reeth
post Apr 10 2007, 05:14 PM
Post #22

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

NARGIS ( June 1 1929 - 3 May 1981)

Nargis was one of the Greatest Indian Actresses of all times...She is undoubtedly one of the most powerful actresses in Indian cinema....
She was the daughter of Mohanbabu, a mohyaul brahmin from Rawalpindi, Pakistan and Jaddanbhai, who was a singer/actress....

Made her debut in 1935 in Talash e haq, and her first adult role was in Mehboob khan's 'Taqdeer' in 1943, opposite Motilal.Then came 'Humayun' and with ' Andaaz' and later 'Barsat' in 1949 she became a superstar.

Attached Image Attached Image

With Dilip Kumar and Cuckoo in "Andaz"
Attached Image

Nargis appeared in numerous movies with all the top leading actors Andaaz,Mela, Jogan,Babul and Deedar with Dilip Kumar... Off screen her affair with the already married Raj Kapoorwas a matching of soul and spirit....After Awaara in 1951 she began to work exclusively with him...they did Aag Beawafaa,Shri 420, and Chori Chori....She is supposed to have turned down the role of 'Aan'..
The passion they had for each other poured out on the screen as they romanced each other in several films..Nargis even went and met the then Home Minister Morarji desai to try and get him to sanction a marriage between her and Raj kapoor.The affair was doomed, as Raj kapoor never wanted to divorce his wife..By 1956 the pair had broken up......She however did a special appearence in his 'Jagte Raho' in 1956..

At the height of their romnce....Raj kapoor, Nargis in Shri 420...
Attached Image

Raj kapoor Nargis in 'Awaara'...

Attached Image

With raj kapoor and Dilip kumar in 'Andaaz
Attached Image

With Raj Kapoor out of her life , Mehbob Khan offered her his Magnum opus " Mother India" in 1957.
Mother India is considered to be the ultimate tribute to Indian Womanhood! It was nominated for the Oscar, but lost by a solitary vote to Fellini's Nights of Caberia
While shooting for the film she was trapped amidst lit haystacks, was rescued by Sunil Dutt who was playing her rebellious son in the film....They fell in love during the making of the movie and married in 1958....
They have 3 children actor Sanjay Dutt, Priya and Anju...Nargis gave up acting after her marriage....
She came back with a Brilliant performance in 'Raat aur Din' expertly playing a woman with split personality winning the National award for the same in 1964..

Mother India.....some images...

Her memorable films were
Mela
Anokha pyar
Aag
Lahore
Barsaat
Andaz
Pyar
Meena bazar
Jogan
Bewafa
Aashiana
Anhonee
Deedar
Amber
Shikast
Angaarey
Shri 420
Jagte Raho
Chori chori
Lajwanti
Ghar Sansar
Adaalat
Mother India
Raat aur Din....
She was the recipient of the Urvashy award the highest honour that can be conferred on a movie actress in India.
She was the first film personality to be conferred the 'Padmashri' and she was the first film personality to be given a Rajya sabha seat in parliament..
She has been honoured as the Best Artiste of the Millenium.......
Nargis died of Pancreatic cancer in 1981.....

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

-William James
+Quote Post
nasir
post Apr 11 2007, 05:12 PM
Post #23

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

[quote name='Reeth' date='Apr 10 2007, 03:53 PM' post='360284']
[quote name='HumTum' date='Apr 7 2007, 02:59 PM' post='359306']

[/quote]

Nargis... biggrin.gif

[quote name='nasir' date='Apr 7 2007, 10:38 PM' post='359442']

NASIR.
[/quote]

I specially asked for REHANA's info since my dad had informed me that he had purchased the house of Rehana before her migration to Pakistan.NASIR.
[/quote]

Nasir,Are you still in posession of that house??
[/quote]

Not today. The fact is that he used to move a lot in and around Bombay itself. But during that period he had many filmy friends and I was a very small kid. Now since you have come up with Nargis..I'll disclose something in that section too.

NASIR.

NASIR
+Quote Post
nasir
post Apr 11 2007, 05:32 PM
Post #24

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

I had seen Nargis closely for fleeting moments as a kid at a time when her romance with Sunil Dutt was flowering. (That would be 1957 or so). We were at that time staying at Napean Sea Road, Bombay. In my hazy memory I remember to have seen Sunil Dutt with a black Fiat and looked so dashing and handsome no doubt.
In my opinion, the break-up of RK-Nargis alliance was for the betterment of Nargis: She found true love in Sunil Dutt who had risked his life to save hers during the shooting of MOTHER INDIA - the episode that everyone knows about. It was otherwise too very courageous of Sunil Dutt to marry her since after having played the role of her son. That time some narrow-minded people did not fail to criticise him for playing the role of a son and then marrying her. But this was the happiest of star-couples.

NASIR.

NASIR
+Quote Post
Reeth
post Apr 11 2007, 06:37 PM
Post #25

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(nasir @ Apr 11 2007, 05:32 PM) *

I had seen Nargis closely for fleeting moments as a kid at a time when her romance with Sunil Dutt was flowering. (That would be 1957 or so). We were at that time staying at Napean Sea Road, Bombay. In my hazy memory I remember to have seen Sunil Dutt with a black Fiat and looked so dashing and handsome no doubt.
In my opinion, the break-up of RK-Nargis alliance was for the betterment of Nargis: She found true love in Sunil Dutt who had risked his life to save hers during the shooting of MOTHER INDIA - the episode that everyone knows about. It was otherwise too very courageous of Sunil Dutt to marry her since after having played the role of her son. That time some narrow-minded people did not fail to criticise him for playing the role of a son and then marrying her. But this was the happiest of star-couples.

NASIR.

Sunil dutt was a gentleman actor, i like watching his films, Humraaz, Waqt, Mera saaya and Chaaya are the few i have seen.........they must have been very happy together......and Nargis was the kind of person one looked upto, there was more to her than being just an actress....

-William James
+Quote Post
nasir
post Apr 12 2007, 06:28 PM
Post #26

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Reeth @ Apr 11 2007, 06:37 PM) *

QUOTE(nasir @ Apr 11 2007, 05:32 PM) *

NASIR.

Sunil dutt was a gentleman actor, i like watching his films, Humraaz, Waqt, Mera saaya and Chaaya are the few i have seen.........they must have been very happy together......and Nargis was the kind of person one looked upto, there was more to her than being just an actress....

Yes, Nargis was no snob and didn't have airs despite her very high standing in the film industry. Sunil Dutt was a doting husband. And yes, as you stated, he was a gentleman actor. That quality of his did not diminish even in his political field. Even as an MLA from Bandra to Versova area in Mumbai he was accessible to ordinary folks and did actual work for their cause. I used to attend his meetings in the playground of the VERSOVA WELFARE SCHOOL at 7 Bungalows, Mumbai where I had been then staying.

NASIR.

NASIR
+Quote Post
YaarMere
post Apr 12 2007, 06:35 PM
Post #27

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 5

Wot on earth did she see in RK that she did not see in DK?

IPB Image
+Quote Post
noorie
post Apr 12 2007, 06:57 PM
Post #28

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
Member No.: 6518

QUOTE(YaarMere @ Apr 12 2007, 06:35 PM) *

Wot on earth did she see in RK that she did not see in DK?

What she and RK felt or allegedly felt, there’s a name 4 that – infatuation.

Reason doesn’t work there.

Noorie

IPB Image

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"

"You have enemies? Good! It means that you stood up for something, sometime in your life."
+Quote Post
YaarMere
post Apr 12 2007, 06:59 PM
Post #29

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 5

I assure you Dilip wudnt have married her.

IPB Image
+Quote Post
noorie
post Apr 12 2007, 07:04 PM
Post #30

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
Member No.: 6518

QUOTE(YaarMere @ Apr 12 2007, 06:59 PM) *

I assure you Dilip wudnt have married her.

What's a wedding ring got 2 do with 'true love'?

Noorie

IPB Image

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"

"You have enemies? Good! It means that you stood up for something, sometime in your life."
+Quote Post

65 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 09:50 AM