Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Guide For Newbies At Hf

, Uploading, Downloading, Attachments

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Guide For Newbies At Hf, Uploading, Downloading, Attachments
deewani
post Jun 18 2007, 12:38 AM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2053

The most common question I keep seeing over and over from new members is How do I download?, which leads to the question, How do I upload?, because of the ratio system. So I am writing this topic, so I don't have to dig out previous topics where I've helped folks before, this way I can easily find my post and refer them here, hopefully it will be helpful in the future.

Please read the above 4 links first!

After reading the guidelines you will realize you need to compress your mp3s. You have to use a software like winrar or winzip to compress your mp3s before uploading to the board, and the files have to meet the requirements as listed in the guidelines. And then you have to maintain a 1:2 upload to download ratio (in other words, for every 1MB you share, you can download 2MB), so if the ratio is above .50 under your name, you can download with no problems. You can upload, however, at any time. You can find winrar free here:
CODE
http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

If you still have problems uploading, make sure you have compressed (.rar or .zip) the .mp3 files.

Whenever you REPLY or create a NEW TOPIC you should see a window like the one below.
You will see the file attachments box with a BROWSE button, click on that and browse to your file, then you have to click "Add This Attachment", and then you have to wait as your browser uploads the song to page. After that is done, (can take a while depending on your ISP speed) you click the Add Reply button to make your post. You will be able to tell when it's done because your page will no longer be loading, it will refresh, and you will see a white box with your attachment inside it, it will read something like "you have used 4 mb of attachment space for this post......." and you will see a Remove button (deletes the attachment) and an Add Into Post button (which shows the attachment inside the post, not necessary, but nice to use). Good luck!!

IPB Image

More help with the softwares here:
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?showtopic=17216
and
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?showtopic=6074
More about bitrates:
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=425594
Help on transcoding to lower bitrates here:
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?showtopic=35280

If I have referred you to this post, and you have further questions, ask them HERE.

Doston, Apna Tau Yeh Imaan Hai
Jo Bhi Jitna Saath De, Ehsaan Hai
Umr Ka Rishta Jodne Waale
Apni Nazar Mein Deewane Hai

Thanks for the memories HF. Bye Bye.
deewani is "permanently away"

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
thetecho
post Jun 18 2007, 05:36 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 11444

If you see i have uploded some songs but my ratio is still showing zero.

There is no guideline mentioned here where i can find out what is the problem going on . I uploded the songs two days bak in a Zip file and still it is showing my Zero points
+Quote Post
Marcilo
post Jun 18 2007, 09:18 AM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 309

QUOTE(thetecho @ Jun 17 2007, 08:06 PM) *

If you see i have uploded some songs but my ratio is still showing zero.

There is no guideline mentioned here where i can find out what is the problem going on . I uploded the songs two days bak in a Zip file and still it is showing my Zero points

Here are your uplaoded files (link)
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=381816
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=382162

Here is what you have to follow, As Deewani mentioned. I guess you skipped important section

6.0 Guidelines for HF File Attachments: **
6.0.7 Posts with audio attachments should cover all the known details of the attached file or the files in the attached file.
SAMPLE
Suhani Raat Dhal Chuki Na Jaane Tum Kab Aavoge
Film - Dulari
Year - 1949
Lyricist(s) - Shakeel Badayuni
Musician(s) - Naushad
Duration - 3.20 mins
Bitrate - 128kbps
Format - mp3
6.0.8 Posts with video attachments should cover all the known details of the file as shown in the sample above along with at least one snapshot or a frame of the video. E.g Sample

- Just another gummy bear fan
+Quote Post
deewani
post Jun 19 2007, 09:30 AM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Thanks for answering Marci. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Dimple
post Jun 19 2007, 01:36 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 16381

Thanks but inspite of following all these guidelines, I am NOT able to upload any song - it says "Message is too big" even for a 1 MB song - so what is the solution?

"Shikwa nahin kisise, kisise gila nahin,
Naseeb mein nahin tha jo - humko mila nahin
.."

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Dimple
post Jun 19 2007, 02:19 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 16381

and unless and untill I u/l something, I can't d/l a single thing sad1.gif Funny system of this forum I'm seeing for the first time.

"Shikwa nahin kisise, kisise gila nahin,
Naseeb mein nahin tha jo - humko mila nahin
.."

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Marcilo
post Jun 21 2007, 01:03 AM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dimple @ Jun 19 2007, 04:06 AM) *

Thanks but inspite of following all these guidelines, I am NOT able to upload any song - it says "Message is too big" even for a 1 MB song - so what is the solution?

That can't be it. Every one can, its just that post won't show up on baord since moderated posts take time. Post screen shot here and request admin

+Quote Post
deewani
post Jun 28 2007, 01:52 AM
Post #8

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Hari Ram has also posted a helpful topic on this:
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...c=39390&hl=

Now we have at least 3 folks (you're counted in that Marci!) that are willing to help when we are around!

If you are totally new to forums in general I highly recommend HIS thread, as it is sure to cover everything very thoroughly!

+Quote Post
Marcilo
post Jul 2 2007, 02:56 AM
Post #9

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(deewani @ Jun 27 2007, 04:22 PM) *

Hari Ram has also posted a helpful topic on this:
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...c=39390&hl=

Now we have at least 3 folks (you're counted in that Marci!) that are willing to help when we are around!

If you are totally new to forums in general I highly recommend HIS thread, as it is sure to cover everything very thoroughly!

Sure, count me in. eek dam bindass count karne ka

+Quote Post
MusicLover
post Oct 26 2007, 09:57 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 15509

Wonderful, This post has helped me understand how to upload songs to HF. I successfully uploaded my first song here. Now I have to wait and see if the post gets accepted or not.

Thanks much
Music Lover biggrin.gif

Enjoy!!!
Music Lover

Smile is Contagious, Be a Carrier!!!
+Quote Post
MusicLover
post Oct 28 2007, 03:51 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

Hi,

Its so funny...

I live in Milwaukee, US (CST). I dont underrstand. My posts are not reflecting at all. Some of them show up exactly 24 hrs later and some do not show up at all.

Yesterday I uploaded 5 songs in the thread: http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...45459&st=15

and I dont see them still. sad.gif

I am not sure if I will see this post also. I am not able to contact the moderatior alos. It gives me message saying I do not have permissions to send a PM to a moderator. What am i supposed to do?

I dont understand a thng.

If anyone can atleast email me and tell me what is going on it would eb great.

Thanks,
MusicLover

Enjoy!!!
Music Lover

+Quote Post
cYb0rG
post Oct 28 2007, 12:38 PM
Post #12

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(MucisLover @ Oct 28 2007, 03:51 AM) *
Hi,

Its so funny...

I live in Milwaukee, US (CST). I dont underrstand. My posts are not reflecting at all. Some of them show up exactly 24 hrs later and some do not show up at all.

Yesterday I uploaded 5 songs in the thread: http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...45459&st=15

I am not sure if I will see this post also. I am not able to contact the moderatior alos. It gives me message saying I do not have permissions to send a PM to a moderator. What am i supposed to do?

Thanks,
MusicLover

Read the guidelines -

3.0.22 Since Jan 2007, all new ordinary members will not be able to avail the facility of private messaging, due to the prior misuse of this facility.

3.0.21 All new members will be on moderation for a period of 3 months. During the period of moderation if the member abides by the board rules, the member will be removed from moderation at the end of the period mentioned. All moderated messages will be approved within 24 to 48 hours from the time of posting.

Admin.

Don't show Me your attitude, I've enough of Mine.
+Quote Post
MusicLover
post Oct 28 2007, 06:44 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

QUOTE(cYb0rG @ Oct 28 2007, 02:08 AM) *

Hi,

Its so funny...

Thanks,
MusicLover

Read the guidelines -

3.0.22 Since Jan 2007, all new ordinary members will not be able to avail the facility of private messaging, due to the prior misuse of this facility.

3.0.21 All new members will be on moderation for a period of 3 months. During the period of moderation if the member abides by the board rules, the member will be removed from moderation at the end of the period mentioned. All moderated messages will be approved within 24 to 48 hours from the time of posting.

Admin.

Hi Admin,

Thanks for the explanation.

Where are my songs that I uploaded? I followed all the rules that were mentioned. I dont still see them posted in the thread http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...45459&st=15.

I have a few more songs that I could upload in taht thread. I am not sure if my previous posts were approved or not for me to post the next few.

Please confirm so I can proceed posting.

Thanks,
MusicLover

Enjoy!!!
Music Lover

+Quote Post
cYb0rG
post Oct 29 2007, 09:17 AM
Post #14

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(MucisLover @ Oct 28 2007, 06:44 PM) *
QUOTE(cYb0rG @ Oct 28 2007, 02:08 AM) *

Hi,

Its so funny...

Thanks,
MusicLover

Read the guidelines -

Admin.

Hi Admin,

Thanks for the explanation.

Where are my songs that I uploaded? I followed all the rules that were mentioned. I dont still see them posted in the thread http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...45459&st=15.

I have a few more songs that I could upload in taht thread. I am not sure if my previous posts were approved or not for me to post the next few.

Please confirm so I can proceed posting.

Thanks,
MusicLover

Six files have been uploaded and all posts containing them have been approved.

Teri_Jawaani_Tapta_Mahina___Amaanat_1977___Mohammed_Rafi.zip 5.42 MB MucisLover In Search Of Rafi Songs Fro... 26th October 2007 - 10:36 PM
Cycle_Pe_Haseenon_Ki_Toli___Amaanat_1977___Mohammed_Rafi__Asha_Bhosle___Manna_De
y.zip
5.59 MB MucisLover In Search Of Rafi Songs Fro... 26th October 2007 - 10:36 PM
Matlab_Nikal_Gaya_Hain___Amaanat___Rafi.zip 5.26 MB MucisLover In Search Of Rafi Songs Fro... 26th October 2007 - 10:34 PM
Door_Rehkar_Na_Karo_Baat_Kareeb_Aa_Jao___Amaanat_1977___Mohammed_Rafi.zip 3.91 MB MucisLover In Search Of Rafi Songs Fro... 26th October 2007 - 10:34 PM
Sar_E_Mehfil_Mera_Imaan_Beimaan_Ho_Gaya___Ab_Kya_Hoga_1977___Mohammed_Rafi___Ash
a_Bhosle.zip
5.13 MB MucisLover In Search Of Rafi Songs Fro... 26th October 2007 - 10:34 PM
Aaj_Mere_Yaar_Ki_Shaadi_Hai___Aadmi_Sadak_Ka___Rafi___Deven_Verma.zip 4.19 MB MucisLover In Search Of Rafi Songs Fro... 26th October 2007 - 09:56 PM

Admin.

Don't show Me your attitude, I've enough of Mine.
+Quote Post
MusicLover
post Oct 31 2007, 09:23 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

QUOTE(cYb0rG @ Oct 28 2007, 10:47 PM) *

Six files have been uploaded and all posts containing them have been approved.

Teri_Jawaani_Tapta_Mahina___Amaanat_1977___Mohammed_Rafi.zip 5.42 MB MucisLover In Search Of Rafi Songs Fro... 26th October 2007 - 10:36 PM
Cycle_Pe_Haseenon_Ki_Toli___Amaanat_1977___Mohammed_Rafi__Asha_Bhosle___Manna_De
y.zip
5.59 MB MucisLover In Search Of Rafi Songs Fro... 26th October 2007 - 10:36 PM
Matlab_Nikal_Gaya_Hain___Amaanat___Rafi.zip 5.26 MB MucisLover In Search Of Rafi Songs Fro... 26th October 2007 - 10:34 PM
Door_Rehkar_Na_Karo_Baat_Kareeb_Aa_Jao___Amaanat_1977___Mohammed_Rafi.zip 3.91 MB MucisLover In Search Of Rafi Songs Fro... 26th October 2007 - 10:34 PM
Sar_E_Mehfil_Mera_Imaan_Beimaan_Ho_Gaya___Ab_Kya_Hoga_1977___Mohammed_Rafi___Ash
a_Bhosle.zip
5.13 MB MucisLover In Search Of Rafi Songs Fro... 26th October 2007 - 10:34 PM
Aaj_Mere_Yaar_Ki_Shaadi_Hai___Aadmi_Sadak_Ka___Rafi___Deven_Verma.zip 4.19 MB MucisLover In Search Of Rafi Songs Fro... 26th October 2007 - 09:56 PM

Admin.

Hello Admin jee,

Thanks a lot for all you explanation. I appreciate it much.

I have a dilemma now. I am uploading all the files as .zip file. However, when I am downloading other member's upload, they are getting downloaded as .rar files. blink.gif

Now what is a .rar file? Am I doing something wrong while downloading them?

If I am doing right, how can I extract MP3 file from the .rar file? Hmm...seems to be a little confusing to me... blink.gif

Please explain.. unsure.gif

Thanks a lot in advance!!!
MusicLover

Enjoy!!!
Music Lover

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:11 PM