Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hridaynath Mangeshkar

, Singer and Composer

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hridaynath Mangeshkar, Singer and Composer
Bertie Wooster
post May 21 2005, 07:06 AM
Post #31

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2145

QUOTE(priya @ May 15 2005, 02:43 PM)
QUOTE(Bertie Wooster @ Apr 21 2005, 08:11 AM)
Saagara Pran Talamalala
Sung by - Lata, Usha, Meena and Hridaynath
Lyrics - Swatantryaweer Savarkar

Possibly the only song sung by four of the five Mangeshkar siblings.
Asha conspicous by her absence.

A LATE entry into the discussion. I thot the song jayasthute was one sung by al the siblings minus Asha. Tho I heard a later version had a few lines for her and they all sang it. Is that true?

My bad. You are right ... that is the other song sung by them all. I am not aware of the version that includes Asha though ... would love to get my hands on it.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Bertie Wooster
post May 21 2005, 07:09 AM
Post #32

Group Icon

QUOTE(Lata @ May 20 2005, 11:26 AM)
QUOTE(Bertie Wooster @ May 10 2005, 07:15 AM)
QUOTE(Mandrake @ May 8 2005, 11:18 AM)
Almost every song that Hridaynath has composed can be easily classified as 'Awesome' !!

How about trying to put up all his songs (if possible) here?

Does anyone have 'tya fulanchya gandhakoshi'?

Let me start by uploading 'Dayaghana' here.

Somebody pls comment whether this idea is ok, or not to be followed  blab.gif

Of course it is ~

Thanks a ton for uploading this song Bertie Wooster. I had heard this song during my childhood. Brought back lovely memories. Thanks again smile1.gif

You're welcome. I too have fond memories of this song playing on that radio program at 12 noon. Coming back to Hridaynath, another of my favorite is Manasicha Chitrakar. He must have been really young when he sung this song - his voice is so raw. For the longest time I thought this was his composition.
+Quote Post
swatisatish
post May 21 2005, 06:23 PM
Post #33

Group Icon

Member No.: 1944

QUOTE(Lata @ May 19 2005, 11:42 PM)
Priya, do u have this by Ashaji?..........check it out  sunglasses2.gif

Swatisatishji, this is for u.

Thanks a lot Lataji. I heard this song only once on the radio many years back early in the morning and it left a lastine impression. Since then I have been trying to find it. Unfortunately now I cannot download it because of the restrictions. As a request, could you please save it for some time? Maybe some day I'll be able to download it. Meanwhile, if you could give me the lyrics, I'd appreciate it.
+Quote Post
Bertie Wooster
post May 21 2005, 07:52 PM
Post #34

Group Icon

QUOTE(rahulgopaljoshi @ May 15 2005, 01:44 PM)
Nilya Nilya Rati Mandi

Shri rahulgopaljoshi,

Can you tell us anything more about these songs? Which album are they from? Some of these tunes seem unlike what usually comes from Hridaynath's harmonium : )
+Quote Post
Dhananjay
post May 22 2005, 03:21 AM
Post #35

Group Icon

Member No.: 2305

QUOTE(priya @ May 21 2005, 01:24 AM)
Older Marathi then? Sounds so different. I have many Kannada friends and it sounds at places more like their language. Th opening lines sound obviously Marathi but other parts?
What is the theme of the song?
Wonderful song anyway. Just love Ashaji outside the film medium too. She excels at it!!!  bow.gif

Hey Priya,
Lemme try to answer this for you.........
Actually, Maharashtra had a strong "Bhakti Movement" during the Medieval period. Sant Dnyaneshwar (born 1275 A.D) was the most prominent figure of this era. Most of the people spearheading this movement, were commoners who hailed from the lower strata of the society. They also wrote devotional poetry (each poem typically called an "Abhang") and it reflects the Marathi of that era. It differs vastly from the Marathi spoken today. So, the language of the "Abhang" would definitely strike as a different dialect.
Here's another amazing Abhang composed by Hridaynath and sung by Lata Mangeshkar (again penned by Sant Dnyaneshwar).
Alright... time for me to seal my lips and let you enjoy the track blab.gif

-Dhananjay
+Quote Post
Priya
post May 22 2005, 08:22 AM
Post #36

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
Member No.: 25

Thanks Dhananjayji for the clarification. Yes we have studied abt Sant Dnyaneshwar in school. So the lingo is different.
Ere....do U by any chance have any more abhangs by Ashaji? tongue.gif

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Dhananjay
post May 22 2005, 10:26 AM
Post #37

Group Icon

QUOTE(priya @ May 22 2005, 09:22 AM)
Thanks Dhananjayji for the clarification.  Yes we have studied abt Sant Dnyaneshwar in school. So the lingo is different.
Ere....do U by any chance have any more abhangs by Ashaji? tongue.gif

Priya,
Right now, I just have this one from Asha.... Would have to dig deeper into my pockets to find more.....

-Dhananjay
+Quote Post
Priya
post May 22 2005, 10:34 AM
Post #38

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Thanks so much Dhananjayji. Ashaji is my FAV FAV FAV singer. Great to get an unheard number. bow.gif
Am dling both numbers right now.

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Bertie Wooster
post May 23 2005, 06:08 AM
Post #39

Group Icon

Another Jait Re Jait track composed by Hridaynath. Sung by Chandrakant Kale.

+Quote Post
Priya
post May 24 2005, 12:53 AM
Post #40

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dhananjay @ May 22 2005, 03:21 AM)
Hey Priya,
    Lemme try to answer this for you.........
    Actually, Maharashtra had a strong "Bhakti Movement" during the Medieval period. Sant Dnyaneshwar (born 1275 A.D) was the most prominent figure of this era. Most of the people spearheading this movement, were commoners who hailed from the lower strata of the society. They also wrote devotional poetry (each poem typically called an "Abhang") and it reflects the Marathi of that era. It differs vastly from the Marathi spoken today. So, the language of the "Abhang" would definitely strike as a different dialect.
      Here's another amazing Abhang composed by Hridaynath and sung by Lata Mangeshkar (again penned by Sant Dnyaneshwar).
      Alright... time for me to seal my lips and let you enjoy the track blab.gif

-Dhananjay

Dhananjayji this is a beautiful song!!!!!!! smile1.gif Can U tell me the gist of the theme/meaning of the song please.

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Dhananjay
post May 26 2005, 07:55 AM
Post #41

Group Icon

QUOTE(priya @ May 24 2005, 01:53 AM)
Dhananjayji this is a beautiful song!!!!!!!   smile1.gif  Can U tell me the gist of the theme/meaning of the song please.

OK Priya,
So here's the gist :
This song is addressed to a beetle (Bhanvra, in Hindi). But indirectly, it applies to all human beings as well. It describes the tendency of a beetle to be engrossed in worldly pleasures. All it does in it's lifetime, is consume fragrance of flowers. The poet advises the beetle to seek refuge at the feet of the Almighty (which he equates to the supreme lotus) and attain salvation there.

By the way Priya, I'd really appreciate if you could drop the "ji" after my name. I've been following your posts in Noor Jahan/Asha Bhosle forums and I'm really impressed with your contributions there..... bow.gif A newbie like me has a long way to go, before being called a "ji" by you !!!! smile1.gif

-Dhananjay
+Quote Post
Priya
post May 26 2005, 12:08 PM
Post #42

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dhananjay @ May 26 2005, 07:55 AM)
OK Priya,
    So here's the gist  :
    This song is addressed to a beetle (Bhanvra, in Hindi). But indirectly, it applies to all human beings as well. It describes the tendency of a beetle to  be engrossed in worldly pleasures. All it does in it's lifetime, is consume fragrance of flowers.  The poet advises the beetle to seek refuge at the feet of the Almighty (which he equates to the supreme lotus) and attain salvation there.

All I could make out was bhanwara part. Thanks for the explanation. Adds so much to the listening pleasure when one can make out what the song is about.

By the way Priya, I'd really appreciate if you could drop the "ji" after my name. I've been following your posts in Noor Jahan/Asha Bhosle forums and I'm really impressed with your contributions there.....  bow.gif  A newbie like me has a long way to go, before being called a "ji" by you !!!! smile1.gif

-Dhananjay

Wow!!!! Someone is impressed by my posts--normally the reactions to my posts would be doh.gif or angry2.gif or abuse.gif or rollf.gif
Kya karein the name Dhananjay seems to demand a ji!!!!! But if that's what u wish will call U by name. smile1.gif

IPB Image
+Quote Post
sangeetbhakt
post May 26 2005, 12:16 PM
Post #43

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1288

QUOTE(priya @ May 25 2005, 11:38 PM)
Wow!!!! Someone is impressed by my posts--normally the reactions to my posts would be  doh.gif or  angry2.gif  or  abuse.gif  or  rollf.gif

Hmmmm, yeh achha tareeqa hai doosroN se taarif nikalwaane ka.
Now obviously chivalrous gentleman that we are, we will jump up
and say "nahi, aapke posts bahut hi achhe haiN. kitne achhe gaane
upload karti haiN aap. vagaira vagaira vagaira".
Sheeesh.
+Quote Post
Priya
post May 26 2005, 06:24 PM
Post #44

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Now I had no such intention. Was just surprised at Dhanajay's kind words. smile1.gif
But praise is praise, so thanks SB!!!! tongue.gif
Pray continue with the chivalry gentleman. One cannot have enough of a good thing!!!! rollf.gif

IPB Image
+Quote Post
imjagdish
post Jun 16 2005, 06:35 AM
Post #45

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1637

Ok...let me make my "guest appearance" felt in this forum now....I am u/l another haunting song from the movie Ha Khel Saavlyancha...

Song: Aala Aala Waara
Singers:Asha Bhosle/ Anuradha Paudwal.
Hope u ppl enjoy..

"It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure." -- Albert Einstein
+Quote Post

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 4th June 2024 - 10:05 PM