Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Geetaji Lists-singers

, database with different singers

9 Pages V « < 7 8 9  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Geetaji Lists-singers, database with different singers
smahesh
post May 24 2010, 10:01 PM
Post #121

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 36984

QUOTE(parag_sankla @ May 24 2010, 09:35 PM) *

QUOTE(smahesh @ Oct 3 2008, 10:35 PM) *

with mohd. rafi-
#--Year ------ Film Name-----------Song Title-------------------Co-Singers (in brackets)-------------Composer
1 1946 Man Sarovar Jay hind(3),ye hind ki kahaniyan[with binapani,chorus] S.N.Tripathi
2 1947 Sajan Ham banjare (With Lalita Deolkar,male voice) C.Ramchander

161]-60's Black Prince Unreleased-In kaali kaali ankhon mein Dulal Sen
162]-60's raat ki uljhan[61-72]]-gul khile ya na khile salil chaudhari,

regards,
mahesh

Music lover Shishir Sharma ji got in touch with me and this is what he had to say about the duets of Geeta ji and Rafi sahab:

namaskar...i hv gone thru the geeta dutt link...i didn't find any place there to write so am writing here...geeta sang total 130 duets with rafi n not 155 as mentioned in the write up...it's true that out of these duets maximum were for chitragupt but total no. of these duets is 23 n not 30. pl amend accordingly...i can mail u the scanned pages from rafi's filmography if required...thnx.

I have told him that our list is authentic and verified. He is going to check the same further.

Regards
Parag

i personally feel they must have sung few more;and feel in a couple of years we might be able to increase the list to 175 ;as we discover more song especially from the period 46 to 50.
parag,
reassure mr. shishir that 95% of these songs been verified by hf members and the list is there after decades of research.

regards,
mahesh

This post has been edited by smahesh: May 24 2010, 11:24 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
parag_sankla
post May 24 2010, 10:06 PM
Post #122

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6005

QUOTE(smahesh @ May 24 2010, 09:31 AM) *

with mohd. rafi-
#--Year ------ Film Name-----------Song Title-------------------Co-Singers (in brackets)-------------Composer
1 1946 Man Sarovar Jay hind(3),ye hind ki kahaniyan[with binapani,chorus] S.N.Tripathi

regards,
mahesh

Music lover Shishir Sharma ji got in touch with me and this is what he had to say about the duets of Geeta ji and Rafi sahab:

namaskar...i hv gone thru the geeta dutt link...i didn't find any place there to write so am writing here...geeta sang total 130 duets with rafi n not 155 as mentioned in the write up...it's true that out of these duets maximum were for chitragupt but total no. of these duets is 23 n not 30. pl amend accordingly...i can mail u the scanned pages from rafi's filmography if required...thnx.

I have told him that our list is authentic and verified. He is going to check the same further.

Regards
Parag

i personally feel they must have sung few more;and feel in a couple of years me might be able to increase the list to 175 ;as we discover more song especially from the period 46 to 50.
parag,
reassure mr. shishir that 95% of these songs been verified by hf members and the list is there after decades of research.

regards,
mahesh

These were my exact words :

i think our list is pretty authentic. coming from Dr mahesh ji who has been doing research on Geeta ji for more than 12 yrs

biggrin.gif

Please visit www.geetadutt.com
+Quote Post
surhall
post May 24 2010, 10:24 PM
Post #123

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 86

QUOTE(parag_sankla @ May 24 2010, 10:06 PM) *

with mohd. rafi-

regards,
mahesh

Regards
Parag

i personally feel they must have sung few more;and feel in a couple of years me might be able to increase the list to 175 ;as we discover more song especially from the period 46 to 50.
parag,

regards,
mahesh

i think our list is pretty authentic. coming from Dr mahesh ji who has been doing research on Geeta ji for more than 12 yrs

biggrin.gif

every music have own list . evcan you not have total numbers song .
i have in more than 45 year my music life
dhall
+Quote Post
parag_sankla
post May 24 2010, 10:37 PM
Post #124

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

How can every one have their "own list" of songs of Rafi sahab and Geeta ji? We have never claimed it is a total or 100% complete list. Music lovers should come together and help each other in compiling such rare information.

This post has been edited by parag_sankla: May 24 2010, 10:42 PM

+Quote Post
smahesh
post May 24 2010, 11:26 PM
Post #125

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(parag_sankla @ May 24 2010, 10:06 PM) *

with mohd. rafi-

regards,
mahesh

Regards
Parag

parag,

regards,
mahesh

biggrin.gif

parag,
make that twenty-five.i have been listening to geetaji since i entered my teens tongue1.gif

regards,
mahesh
+Quote Post
smahesh
post May 24 2010, 11:29 PM
Post #126

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(parag_sankla @ May 24 2010, 10:37 PM) *

How can every one have their "own list" of songs of Rafi sahab and Geeta ji? We have never claimed it is a total or 100% complete list. Music lovers should come together and help each other in compiling such rare information.

even i don't understand people making big claims and than not providing any evidence.there is no point in having secret lists which are confined to single persons.

regards,
mahesh
+Quote Post
parag_sankla
post May 25 2010, 12:11 AM
Post #127

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(smahesh @ May 24 2010, 10:56 AM) *

parag,
make that twenty-five.i have been listening to geetaji since i entered my teens tongue1.gif

regards,
mahesh

Mahesh

The same is my case, I have been listening to her songs in school (thanks to a close friend) when most of my friends were listening to the disco songs. My "research" in the true sense started only after joining HF and when I got inspired to by greats like you and Bappa Chatterjee, not to forget Pradeep ji who had already started the preparation activity of launching website on Geeta ji.

Cheers
Parag

+Quote Post
hildebrand
post May 26 2010, 11:45 PM
Post #128

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 39973

I also have been listening for over 25 years to Geeta ji too. I still remember that casette which used to be on all the time in my house. smile.gif

Hats off to mahesh ji once again for all the efforts. We are proud of you Mahesh ji.

Best Regards
Hildebrand

Samandar ko Baandhe Aisa Koi Ghaat Nahi, Kadmon ko thaame aisi koi baat nahin Patli si dhaara samundar mein milti hai, milkar ke kho jaati hai, ghaat ghaat hi rehte hain woh samundar ho jaati hai, karlo jo chaaho, banlo jo chaaho

“Geet boodhe nahin hote, unke chehron pe jhurriyan nahi girti
wo palte rahte hain, chalte rahte hain
sun-ne walo ki umra badal jaati hai….”

Please Visit
http://www.anmolfankaar.com: A website dedicated to Artists of the Indian Subcontinent. Now follow it on twitter too. http://twitter.com/anmolfankaar

http://www.shamshadbegum.com : A website dedicated to the Living Legend Shamshad Begum. May She Live Long.

http://www.madamnoorjehan.com : A website dedicated to Madam Noorjehan

http://www.geetadutt.com : A website dedicated to Geeta Dutt Nee Roy
+Quote Post
surhall
post May 27 2010, 02:09 AM
Post #129

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(smahesh @ May 24 2010, 11:29 PM) *

QUOTE(parag_sankla @ May 24 2010, 10:37 PM) *

even i don't understand people making big claims and than not providing any evidence.there is no point in having secret lists which are confined to single persons.

regards,
mahesh

smahesh
i can ask you how many 78 rpm have with geeta dutt
take song net . radio. cd or ??? have song before in 78 rpm

geeta dutt 9 8 %have song in 78 rpm .
dhall
+Quote Post
parag_sankla
post May 27 2010, 03:49 AM
Post #130

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Dhall ji

Aap toh bahut hee mahaan sangeet premi hain. Aap ki sahaayata agar hamein mil jaaye, toh ham apni website ko aur bhee behetar banaa sakte hai.

Dhanywaad
Parag

+Quote Post
surhall
post May 28 2010, 03:51 AM
Post #131

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

hi
brother sorry for that , have may song but not give or u/l .this song get from Geeta dutt ji dauhtar , she told me not give to any were, very rare some song 1942 to 45 hindi, bangali, panjabi, non , film. 1944-45 two movie sing in gurup. .
dhall
+Quote Post
parag_sankla
post May 28 2010, 04:38 AM
Post #132

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Dhall ji

I respect your right of privacy. In case Neena ji has actually given you some never before heard songs of Geeta ji (recorded even before Bhakta Pralhaad) and asked not to share with any one, that is fine. However, the least you can do is to tell us which songs are those. The following information about these songs will be useful:
Song title:
Year:
Film/non-film:
Composer:
Record number:

Thanks in advance

Best Regards
Parag

+Quote Post

9 Pages V « < 7 8 9
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:50 PM