Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Any Football Fans Here?

, Thread for discussion about world cup

10 Pages V « < 7 8 9 10 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Any Football Fans Here?, Thread for discussion about world cup
NATURE
post Jul 7 2006, 12:04 PM
Post #121

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2238

QUOTE(august @ Jul 6 2006, 02:22 AM) *

half time

France.........Portugal

ziddi..ziddi..ziddi..ziddi...armaan...
ziddi..ziddi..ziddi..ziddi.. hain tufaan

ziddi.. hum bhi yahan.. smile3.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif ziddi, zidou, ziduni ... laugh.gif
-------------------------------------
QUOTE(Flex001 @ Jul 7 2006, 03:55 AM) *

It was definitely a penalty; when I first saw it, I too thought Henry had dived but when they showed the
incident from a reverse angle shot you could clearly see Carvalho had clipped Henry's shin. Most of the
pundits covering the game, including Leonardo, Shearer and Hansen, thought the same.

u have got it right flex ... it was a penalty. i too thought(in fact, every 1 in the theatre) that it was a wrong
decision but when they showed from a different angle, we realized it was a valid penalty.
otherwise i wouldn't love my fav teams who cheated in wining a soccer match ... tongue1.gif
------------------------------------------------
QUOTE(unni @ Jul 6 2006, 06:24 AM) *

I'm no expert on football (or anything else, for that matter biggrin.gif ), but was that penalty justified? Was there
really a foul? Unfortunately, I see the matches on American TV where the commentators know less than
even I do. laugh.gif

QUOTE(Ashraf @ Jul 6 2006, 11:58 AM) *

Unniji.You said it.It was never a penalty.THough the defender tried to foul Hentry he escaped from it and
later he fell on his own fault.But as always refree was with France.It is natural that refrees makes
mistakes.But it seems that France is most fortunate team bcs in important tournaments France are
blessed with such refereing mistakes.Great fate.

Wishing all the best for Italy.

is it ? might be, i am not sure. but why didn't u say the samething about argentina v. germany and
england v. portugal ? are you against france more than you support portugal ... tongue1.gif
anyway, whoever wins will be a happy day for me. italy is fantastic in defence. but my prediction is:
france will win. 98-fifa will be repeated. and zidane will show his excellent playing style once again ...

Jo Milte hain, voh nahi milte
Aur Jo Nahi Milte, Vohin Vaastav mein milte hai
Kaaran jo hai, voh nahi hai
Aur jo nahi hai, vohin hai.
Ye keval Shabdo ki heraa-pheri nahi hai
Aur heraa-pheri hain bhi
Yehin Darshan hai
Aur isi hone naa hone, milne naa milne ke beech mein
maayaa kaa samudra hai
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ashraf
post Jul 7 2006, 06:15 PM
Post #122

Group Icon

Member No.: 236

QUOTE(NATURE @ Jul 7 2006, 09:34 AM) *

QUOTE(august @ Jul 6 2006, 02:22 AM) *

half time

France.........Portugal

ziddi..ziddi..ziddi..ziddi...armaan...
ziddi..ziddi..ziddi..ziddi.. hain tufaan

ziddi.. hum bhi yahan.. smile3.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif ziddi, zidou, ziduni ... laugh.gif
-------------------------------------
QUOTE(Flex001 @ Jul 7 2006, 03:55 AM) *

It was definitely a penalty; when I first saw it, I too thought Henry had dived but when they showed the
incident from a reverse angle shot you could clearly see Carvalho had clipped Henry's shin. Most of the
pundits covering the game, including Leonardo, Shearer and Hansen, thought the same.

u have got it right flex ... it was a penalty. i too thought(in fact, every 1 in the theatre) that it was a wrong
decision but when they showed from a different angle, we realized it was a valid penalty.
otherwise i wouldn't love my fav teams who cheated in wining a soccer match ... tongue1.gif
QUOTE(unni @ Jul 6 2006, 06:24 AM) *

I'm no expert on football (or anything else, for that matter biggrin.gif ), but was that penalty justified? Was there
really a foul? Unfortunately, I see the matches on American TV where the commentators know less than
even I do. laugh.gif

QUOTE(Ashraf @ Jul 6 2006, 11:58 AM) *

Unniji.You said it.It was never a penalty.THough the defender tried to foul Hentry he escaped from it and
later he fell on his own fault.But as always refree was with France.It is natural that refrees makes
mistakes.But it seems that France is most fortunate team bcs in important tournaments France are
blessed with such refereing mistakes.Great fate.

Wishing all the best for Italy.

is it ? might be, i am not sure. but why didn't u say the samething about argentina v. germany and
england v. portugal ? are you against france more than you support portugal ... tongue1.gif
anyway, whoever wins will be a happy day for me. italy is fantastic in defence. but my prediction is:
france will win. 98-fifa will be repeated. and zidane will show his excellent playing style once again ...

I am not a football expert.What ever I and those who saw the match with me felt it is a debatable decision and not once or twice many times France got such decisions in favour of them .

Once Brazil is out I don't mind who wins the cup and who not.If the deserving team wins the cup then it should be Italy and Italy only.

dil doondtha hain phir vohi fursat ke raat din
+Quote Post
deep750
post Jul 9 2006, 02:56 AM
Post #123

Group Icon

Member No.: 1875

congrats to germany for winning the 3rd place. One thing that makes me wonder is why Pauleta ahve been the starting in "all" matches since beginning of euro 2004, when he hasnt done a good job? Apna Nuno Gomes came and played for 20 minutes and scored. Pauleta didnt manage to score for the last 3 or 4 games

Pain is my Destiny and I can't Avoid it!
Me and my solitude occasionaly talk...
+Quote Post
NATURE
post Jul 9 2006, 03:04 AM
Post #124

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

i am happy ... jump.gif why am i happy ? cause i predicted correctly. germany has won ... laugh.gif
even the 2nd goal was predicted by me ... laugh.gif well, i should stop now before it goes too much

germans got so many free kicks, but couldn't make any goal. ricardo is so good man. one self-goal
by petit, like it happened to italia ... anyway, this is called winning a match. france should know that
winning a match by penalty is not the job of a soccer genious ...

--------------------
let's see what italia and française will do 2day. here is the vote-result from another forum,
different views carried by different people .... 2 screenshots

Attached Image

Attached Image

Aur heraa-pheri hain bhi
Yehin Darshan hai
maayaa kaa samudra hai
+Quote Post
august
post Jul 10 2006, 02:19 AM
Post #125

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3396

unbelievably shocking..

coudln't believe when zidane did that worst act of his career

guess he deserved that card.. sad.gif

waiting for presentation........

"Never explain - your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you anyhow."
- Elbert Hubbard
+Quote Post
Talaikya
post Jul 10 2006, 02:30 AM
Post #126

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 402

Passion clouds one's judgement. Yes, a bad act, but he's human too. I guess he just acted out of disappointment of not making that goal amongst other things. But... he must surely be feeling the loss of not being there on the grounds right now.

You must be the change you want to see in the world - Mahatma Gandhi
+Quote Post
Talaikya
post Jul 10 2006, 02:32 AM
Post #127

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 402

Congratulations PA ji and Deep ji!! Well done!! And yes Deep ... it got over too soon smile.gif

You must be the change you want to see in the world - Mahatma Gandhi
+Quote Post
NATURE
post Jul 10 2006, 02:38 AM
Post #128

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

here are cakes for all the soccer lovers, a big festival is over ... so let's celebrate biggrin.gif
unpack these and eat !!! tongue1.gif ... gift.gif gift.gif gift.gif gift.gif gift.gif bar1.gif bar2.gif
-----------------
oh, no ... france has lost the match. mere prediction kaa kya hogaa ??? wrong prediction doh.gif doh.gif
but happy cause italia was the opponent team, they have won. forze italia !!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

initially italy used as usual tricks, fouls, obstructions, 2nd penalty(overruled). i got so angry. but in the extra time
france did the same thing. hell man !!! i thought it's possible to play with dignity even in soccer like golf and tennis
but what if we don't want play with dignity ... and the commentator finally said " what he did there's absolutely
no explanation for that ", they were refering to zidane. his head attack, i guess some ego issue was involved ...
zidane and ribery could change the match, but they were already out ... !!!
-----------------
congrats to italia, they have won, this was their 4th time. may many congrats ...
bye, bye fifa-worldcup. we will meet u in 2010 ... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Aur heraa-pheri hain bhi
Yehin Darshan hai
maayaa kaa samudra hai
+Quote Post
august
post Jul 10 2006, 02:44 AM
Post #129

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3396

QUOTE(Talaikya @ Jul 10 2006, 02:30 AM) *
Passion clouds one's judgement. Yes, a bad act, but he's human too. I guess he just acted out of disappointment of not making that goal amongst other things. But... he must surely be feeling the loss of not being there on the grounds right now.

i agree T ji, it was an act on the spur of the moment but i didnt expect it from him! sigh.gif

there are things that separate great player from ordinary ones..
i guess its a thin line only..

"Never explain - your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you anyhow."
- Elbert Hubbard
+Quote Post
myawan
post Jul 10 2006, 08:37 AM
Post #130

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 57

The better team won!!!! France was always at my hit list since they defeated Brazil in a doubted fashion and rumors are there......

==============================

For me, listening to Mohammad Rafi is an addiction!
+Quote Post
NATURE
post Jul 10 2006, 01:13 PM
Post #131

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

i felt sorry for ziddi, what he did at the end. august ji, u r right. there are things that differ great players
from ordinary ones ... so shame but there could be some resons behind that. if i read these views then
i guess provoking could be a good adoption sometimes ... but not sure cause rumors always do nonsense
things ....
--------------------------------------------

and i was hoping that buffon was going to make a difference in the pso as well.. but his save to zidane's
header was magnificent..

anyway, for an italia fan, i am happy.. zidane's behaviour gives the french press for explanations though,
unfortunately he doesn't have the time to make up, unlike beckham..

Marco Materazzi's Wikipedia entry, a while back said this: Later in that game he was involved in an
incident in which he was headbutted in the chest by Zinedine Zidane. After a brief lip reading done by
experts on replays of the incident it became evident that Materazzi provoked Zidane by calling him a
terrorist.

This has been edited out since.

-woolee

Shame on Italy in that case...
I feel terribly sorry for the master of the game (though wat he did was horrible)...
In any case, Materazzi has always been involved in shameful acts...so not something to be proud of for
the Italians..
plus, they never looked like champions, always looking to get the game into the extra time n penalties...
not a world cup finale to enter the annals sad1.gifsad1.gif

yipee forza azzurri....

in the end end the bottomline is -" italy are world champions "
case study kari hai kya materazzi par...i know he does get sent off a lot but that is a totally different
matter....if you are stupid enuf to be provoked and react like that....any pro would do what materazzi did
and take advantage

yeah but they'll say "the final in which zidane got a red card and italy won coz of Materazzi "

Leaving the controversy aside.. Honestly though, neither Italy, not France - i mean the way they played,
even looked like world champions.. sad1.gif

ha ha

you really think materazzi can be remembered by the people for a 100 years. I bet you too will forget him
till the next world cup.

and you really think people will forget the pathetic end to zidane's career so easily.

yeah, atleast some people didnt seem to think it didnt affect the game,
excerpt from si.com article - _http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/soccer/specials/world_cup/2006/07/09/zidane.finale.ap/index.html

french had the potential to break the defence, but without zidane, nono!

and regarding ladkiyon jaise sharmayega nahi toh theek hai mat sharma red card kha.
only you seem to think that it wasn't a mistake when everyone, including the coach has said "we regret it"
and "its a shame"

abe no one called him terrorist .. after such incidents .. wikipedia is attacked heavily by the vandals .. materazzi's and zidane's content were both vandalised ...

but junta .. one thing is for sure .. ki materazzi ne kuchh to bahut bura kaha hoga zidane ko .. jiski vajah se
usne use headbutt mara .. nahin to kahaan karta .. kya pata kya kaha hoga .. i don't think zidane is ever
going to tell ki usne vo kyun kiya .. nahin lagta mujhe .. what say ??

anyway apart from the above content written by woolee .. here are 2 others editions done to the materazzi's
content ... which i managed to record .. tongue1.gif
CODE
Later in that game he was involved in an incident in which he was headbutted in the chest by
Zinedine Zidane. Zidane was red-carded for this. The reason for Zidane's reaction is not known (as of July 9
2006). It is believed he told Zidane that Lampard is better than Gerrard, causing him to react.

CODE
Later in that game he was involved in an incident where he was headbutted in the chest by Zinedine
Zidane. Reportedly for tweaking Zidane's nipples. Zidane was red-carded for this.

logon ka humor level to *gawd* hota hai waise tongue1.gif

-------------------------------------------
and finally this is the gif file, zidane's headbutting Italy's Marco Materazz ... see this:

Attached Image

and this is the article from wikipedia:

CODE
Final game

On July 9, 2006, Zidane became one of only four footballers to achieve the feat of scoring in two different
World Cup final matches (he scored twice in the 1998 FIFA World Cup final), sharing that honour with Pelé,
Paul Breitner, and Vavá. He scored in the seventh minute from the penalty spot. He nearly headed in the
ball during the first period of extra time but it was saved by Gianluigi Buffon. His career ended on a sour
note when he received a red card and was ejected after headbutting Italy's Marco Materazzi in the chest in
the 110th minute. He was the fourth person to have been sent off in a World Cup final and the first to be
sent off during extra time. The game ended in a 1-1 draw and Italy won the championship after a penalty
kick shootout. His manager, Raymond Domenech has claimed he was provoked by Materazzi. The Italian
side has catagorically denied that Materazzi had any role in the provocation of Zidane. Following the game,
Zidane still was applauded as a hero in Paris and throughout France, and Materazzi was subsequently
booed for the remaining portion of the game following Zidane's red card by the majority French crowd.[7]

----------------------------------- editing --------------------------------------------
and i guess because of the rumors they have locked ( restricitng anonymous eidting )
marco materazzi's wikipedia profile .. marco materazzi
2day, i heard in news: zidane is known for his cool & calm behaviour, his act made all the fans unhappy ...
did anybody see him in obstructing players, in fouls ??? ... what made him to do that nonsense ... doh.gif doh.gif

This post has been edited by NATURE: Jul 10 2006, 03:12 PM

Aur heraa-pheri hain bhi
Yehin Darshan hai
maayaa kaa samudra hai
+Quote Post
deep750
post Jul 10 2006, 04:52 PM
Post #132

Group Icon

Member No.: 1875

wont say much 2day. just tnx for congrats, and congrats to everyone

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
Pain is my Destiny and I can't Avoid it!
Me and my solitude occasionaly talk...
+Quote Post
princeali
post Jul 10 2006, 06:06 PM
Post #133

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 134

The Azzuri take the cup home, I didn't want the match to go to penalties, but I am happy that Italy are the World Champions.

They all pulled together after the scandal back home and showed how well they could play.

It was a sad end to a great career for Zidane, that headbut was shocking coming from him, and it also came at a crucial time in the match, and he fully deserved the red card for his actions. However, some verbal exhanges may have taken place between him and Materrazi which made him do that.

I hope Totti, Del Piero and Lippi stay on for the national team, there are chances that Totti might retire from international football, Lippi may go somewhere else, as for DP he is thinking about his future.

Prince Ali
+Quote Post
Ashraf
post Jul 11 2006, 12:18 PM
Post #134

Group Icon

As somebody pointed out neither France nor Italy deserved the cup.It is a reality that Italy are the world champions .Congrats Ali bhai.

As far Zidane is concerned he deserves the best player award.Though I did nt see his unfortunate incident it was shame for football.I think there will be some reasons for such an action from Zidane.

I am happy that Brazil won the fairplay award.Young player award should have been given to C.Ronaldo.According to me he is the best young player.

+Quote Post
Ashraf
post Sep 4 2006, 07:16 PM
Post #135

Group Icon

Brazil :3 Argentina:0 at friendly played in London

I had stated that Brazil will remain on top for the time to come in my comment after the exit of Brazil in worldcup.It is proved beyond the doubt.This is achieved by playing with only 3 players from world cup .Brazil is always Brazil.

Ali bhai what is going on with Italy biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

10 Pages V « < 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 10:58 AM