Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Official Thread: India In Pakistan 2006

5 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Official Thread: India In Pakistan 2006
Akhtar
post Dec 27 2005, 04:46 PM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 568

Should be quite the series. Both teams looking strong and feeling confident, but who will win ?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rom
post Dec 27 2005, 05:05 PM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 233

Who'll win? Good question...
Now my experience of watching the Pakistan team says that one thing should be kept in mind while trying to predict the outcome a series involving them... And that is, just don't try no predictions! biggrin.gif
The Pakistani team always has had some of the most amazingly talented cricketers, and thus their inconsistent performances have been jarring. They've been dogged by indiscipline, but their new coach seems to be doing a good job of focusing them on the task at hand... the wins over a strong English team were very impressive indeed.
So, despite India's good wins over Sri Lanka, I think it's going to be very tough for them to do a repeat of their last tour of Pakistan.
India has decent spinners, decent pacers. Pakistan has great, if raw, pacers, and a great spinner... though I've always maintained that Indians are the best players of spin, especially legspin...
I'd actually think that the series is likely to be drawn... biggrin.gif
But if pushed to name a clear winner, I think I'd vote for Pakistan...

THE INTELLIGENT MUST MAKE CONCESSIONS!
+Quote Post
LEGENDRAFI
post Dec 27 2005, 08:43 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 2633

I would also put Pakistan as favorites but then the fact that they would be playing at home in front of their home crowds, would mean that they would be under some pressure. If India has to win their batting has to click as that's what won us the series last time around. Of course we have to find a way to get Inzy out since he's in the form of his life and what a delight it is to see him bat in such form.

The bowling is going to be crucial but the batsmen must fire and should start working on Shoaib's slower ones. He decimated England with that slower one and India needs to be prepared. This though is going to be a tough series since both sides are quite well matched and are in a great mental frame!
+Quote Post
princeali
post Dec 28 2005, 01:00 AM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 134

Can't wait for the series to start, its going to be a cracker !

Its sad Shabbir won't be a part of the Pak side, last time he did well against India at home. Good to see Ganguly back in the side, he still has some cricket left in him and will want to show that on this tour.

Again, the strong point for India is their batting, their bowling will have to reach a new standard if they are to do well in Pakistan. Pakistan on the other hand have the better bowling attack and they will have to bat as good or better then how they did against England.

Pakistan is a much better side now then the last time India toured and are fresh off an excellent series win against England.

India is also coming of wins against SRL in the tests and one dayers as well as a good series against SA. This will be a tough challenge for Chappell's boys and it will be interesting to see how Dravid leads his side.

Prince Ali
+Quote Post
waylaid
post Dec 31 2005, 10:39 PM
Post #5

Unregistered

As a Pakistani supporter, I feel it's my obligatory duty to nominate the Indian team as favorite before the start of the series.

+Quote Post
tracknest
post Jan 1 2006, 06:20 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 3031

QUOTE(waylaid @ Dec 31 2005, 10:39 PM) *

As a Pakistani supporter, I feel it's my obligatory duty to nominate the Indian team as favorite before the start of the series.

Thats an interesting comment but the fact is Pakistan start as favorites as they not only have beaten a good team like England but also playing at home.

Its going to be a cracker an a close, and I really mean a close series. Bring it on....

IF WISHES WERE HORSES THEN BEGGARS WOULD RIDE
+Quote Post
vishwa88
post Jan 3 2006, 07:10 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 2222

IND vs PAK, this very phrase brings a sense of excitement (leave alone the players) to the fans. Players from both the sides will be under pressure.

More so for PAK cuz they lost the HOME SERIES against IND last time around. They would be looking to erase that memory. No question they have a rejuvenated Shoaib Akthar and gifted leggie Kaneria. Apart from these 2 i don see any threat in the bowling which can actually rip thru the battin line-up. Gone are the days when Akram and Waqar, with aid from Shoaib, would tear apart even the best battin line up on their day. I don get that feelin seeing this bowling lineup. They have to play as good as they did against ENG to win.

India on the other hand has been puttin up team performances rather than lone individual ones. If Mr.X is not performing, there comes Mr.Y with an outstanding show. So as long they keep their morale, i don see any problems for them. The conditions in PAK are no alien to India, they are very much similar. Seeing the team's confidence, i tip INDIA as favourites for the series.

No excuses if they loose.

I wudnt say they are gonna win outrightly, matches might be close, but IND wont succumb this time.

Vishwa.

Wise men talk because they have something to say....

Fools talk because they have to say something
+Quote Post
Akhtar
post Jan 14 2006, 07:34 PM
Post #8

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 568

Things going well for Pak so far.

+Quote Post
vivekpm
post Jan 14 2006, 07:53 PM
Post #9

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 120

QUOTE(Akhtar @ Jan 14 2006, 07:34 PM) *
Things going well for Pak so far.

That is an understatement smile1.gif

What a knock from Afridi. Not to take away anything from Younis Khan or MYK or Kamran Akmal, but Afridi was devastating...

Hope India bat well too...

Cheers,

V i V e K ...

--------------------------------------------

Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance.
-- Will Durant

+Quote Post
tracknest
post Jan 15 2006, 02:55 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

Although the wicket is flat, all credit to the Pak team for scoring the runs at such a brsik pace. I would be shocked if the Indian team does not perform well too.

If the Indian team too can score at a brisk pace then we still have a match on our hands if and only if the wicket begis to turn or disintegrate.

Lets wait and watch.

+Quote Post
Anil4
post Jan 16 2006, 12:38 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 64

QUOTE(tracknest @ Jan 15 2006, 02:55 AM) *

Lets wait and watch.

for the weather to clear up so play can begin and some Indian players can also get their centuries.
+Quote Post
vivekpm
post Jan 16 2006, 01:56 PM
Post #12

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Bhirgu @ Jan 16 2006, 12:38 PM) *
QUOTE(tracknest @ Jan 15 2006, 02:55 AM) *

Lets wait and watch.

for the weather to clear up so play can begin and some Indian players can also get their centuries.

A disappointing start to such an exciting series I would say sad1.gif

Cheers,

V i V e K ...

-- Will Durant

+Quote Post
rom
post Jan 16 2006, 02:52 PM
Post #13

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 233

Vivek
A disappointing start to such an exciting series I would say
Cheers,

True! sad1.gif
What's the point of holding a Test on such a batting surface, I fail to understand.
First Pakistan scored 679 at a crazy pace, and now India is 260/0 at over five runs an over! No chance of a result on such a pitch! sad1.gif
Sehwag and Dravid now smashing up Kaneria and Naved.

THE INTELLIGENT MUST MAKE CONCESSIONS!
+Quote Post
tracknest
post Jan 16 2006, 02:57 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

QUOTE(rom @ Jan 16 2006, 02:52 PM) *

Vivek
Cheers,

True! sad1.gif
What's the point of holding a Test on such a batting surface, I fail to understand.
First Pakistan scored 679 at a crazy pace, and now India is 260/0 at over five runs an over! No chance of a result on such a pitch! sad1.gif

Rom

I am shocked that the Pak Cricket board had such a flat wicket when they have better pace bowlers than the Indian team. It is a negative move and will not do cricket any good.

Such dead wickets were common in the 80's and 90's but since then wickets in India are more balanced. I hope the other 2 test match turfs are not like this.

+Quote Post
vivekpm
post Jan 16 2006, 03:03 PM
Post #15

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(rom @ Jan 16 2006, 02:52 PM) *
Vivek
Cheers,

True! sad1.gif

Sehwag can gun for 400, that can be only positive that can happen. This pitch reminds me of the one where SL scored 900+ runs against India.

Hopefully 2nd and 3rd test matches have better surfaces...

Cheers,

V i V e K ...

-- Will Durant

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 08:51 AM