Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bhabhi (1957)

, Some Pleasing Music

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bhabhi (1957), Some Pleasing Music
swarapriya
post Aug 26 2008, 12:34 AM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

Bhabhi (1957)

This is was such a sweet family movie that became a huge hit when it was released. An unknown (to Northern audiences) actress from South, Pandari Bai, became a household name for playing the title role. She did not appear in many more movies and I am not sure whther her tenure in Southern movies was a long one or not. But there is little doubt that she was the reason that this movie was such heart warmingly appealing. Of course veteran actor Balraj Sahni was there too.

Actor, today's comedian, Jagdeep had a starring role in this movie. After AVM had the movie "Hum Panchhi Ek Daal Ke" became a huge artistic and commercial success in which Jagdeep had a major role, they signed him for a long time contract. Bhabhi and other movies that were made by AVM had Jagdeep in some major roles.

This movie has nine songs beautifully composed to the rich lyrics of Rajinder Krishan ji. Rafi Saab had some great solos. But both the duets by Lataji and Rafi Saab are very sweet and delightful.

I am also including a tenth song, shown in blue in the following table. This song "Chal Ud Jaa Re" was sung by Talat Saab. Apparently, the recording companies had too much clout in those days. They used to insist on multiple singers sing the same song and select one of them they think is the one that should be included in the movie. In this movie, the song by Rafi Saab was selected. The song by Talat Saab is equally great to the one sung by Rafi Saab. Of course their contrasting styles come out but in the end they both are appealing. I am not sure what type of criteria these recording companies had to determine the merits of one song over another.

Now for details of the songs and the songs themselves ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 26 2008, 12:38 AM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Songs Of Bhabhi (1957) Continued ...

Now for the remaining two songs of "Bhabhi (1957)" ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Erum Hashmi
post Aug 26 2008, 01:35 AM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 428

Thanks for, BHAABHI, Swarapriyaji!!

woman is the mirror in which man sees the reflection of his own self, his own dormant and hidden powers of genius when she comes and stands before him
A woman is a meaning to life ! Someone who loves, who cares !

+Quote Post
HarshBhatt
post Aug 26 2008, 05:10 AM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 8788

Thanks swarapriya JI.
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 26 2008, 06:50 AM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Erum Hashmi @ Aug 25 2008, 01:05 PM) *

Thanks for, BHAABHI, Swarapriyaji!!

You're very welcome, Erumji. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 26 2008, 06:50 AM
Post #6

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(HarshBhatt @ Aug 25 2008, 04:40 PM) *

Thanks swarapriya JI.

You're most welcome. -S
+Quote Post
desai2rn
post Aug 26 2008, 07:24 AM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 189

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Aug 26 2008, 12:34 AM) *

Bhabhi (1957)

This is was such a sweet family movie that became a huge hit when it was released. An unknown (to Northern audiences) actress from South, Pandari Bai, became a household name for playing the title role. She did not appear in many more movies and I am not sure whther her tenure in Southern movies was a long one or not. But there is little doubt that she was the reason that this movie was such heart warmingly appealing. Of course veteran actor Balraj Sahni was there too.

Actor, today's comedian, Jagdeep had a starring role in this movie. After AVM had the movie "Hum Panchhi Ek Daal Ke" became a huge artistic and commercial success in which Jagdeep had a major role, they signed him for a long time contract. Bhabhi and other movies that were made by AVM had Jagdeep in some major roles.

This movie has nine songs beautifully composed to the rich lyrics of Rajinder Krishan ji. Rafi Saab had some great solos. But both the duets by Lataji and Rafi Saab are very sweet and delightful.

I am also including a tenth song, shown in blue in the following table. This song "Chal Ud Jaa Re" was sung by Talat Saab. Apparently, the recording companies had too much clout in those days. They used to insist on multiple singers sing the same song and select one of them they think is the one that should be included in the movie. In this movie, the song by Rafi Saab was selected. The song by Talat Saab is equally great to the one sung by Rafi Saab. Of course their contrasting styles come out but in the end they both are appealing. I am not sure what type of criteria these recording companies had to determine the merits of one song over another.

Swarapriya,
Thanks for the u/l and info on Bhabhi. Indeed a popular movie whch also stared Nanda. As for the Talat's
version of the song I had read some where that it was MD who decided to go with Rafi because of the range.
Talat's version is nice but Rafi has done an excllent rendition and rates among one of his best.

R a m e s h
+Quote Post
shriram
post Aug 27 2008, 10:42 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 787

QUOTE(desai2rn @ Aug 26 2008, 07:24 AM) *

Thanks for the u/l and info on Bhabhi. Indeed a popular movie whch also stared Nanda. As for the Talat's
version of the song I had read some where that it was MD who decided to go with Rafi because of the range.
Talat's version is nice but Rafi has done an excllent rendition and rates among one of his best.

That is a common rumor which is totally erroneous. Talat's recording is a Version one. It was common then for popular singers to sing hit songs sung by other singers as "version" records. These were much cheaper records than the originals. You have many such songs. Manna da singing "Pyaasaa" songs, Hemantda "Baabul" and "Aan" etc. Geet Kosh provides a complete listing I believe. While it is usually pleasant to hear these versions, the originals usually score.

Regards,
Shriram
+Quote Post
venkat
post Aug 27 2008, 11:15 AM
Post #9

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6841

The Film had only Rafi version of "Chal Ud Jaa Re Panchi". Isn't it?

Sorry to say, but the range of the song was beyond Talat Saab.

Notice how he had to suppress himself at all higher pitch portions.

For example, in the middle of first Antara, he says, "Sada Raha Hai" and then immediately had to come down at "Is Duniya Mein", though even that is to be held at high pitch.

That's why SPB keeps saying again and again that right singers should be selected according to the range of the song and the singer's range.

Venkat

This post has been edited by venkat: Aug 27 2008, 01:25 PM

I have changed many views in life since my childhood, but not my view of Rafi Saab as the God-sent Gandharva who visited this Earth briefly to spread ultimate ecstasy among genuine music-lovers!

Mohammed Rafi: Highest Quantity Of Greatest Quality In Mind-boggling Variety!!!
+Quote Post
desai2rn
post Aug 27 2008, 12:41 PM
Post #10

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 189

QUOTE(shriram @ Aug 27 2008, 10:42 AM) *

QUOTE(desai2rn @ Aug 26 2008, 07:24 AM) *

That is a common rumor which is totally erroneous. Talat's recording is a Version one. It was common then for popular singers to sing hit songs sung by other singers as "version" records. These were much cheaper records than the originals. You have many such songs. Manna da singing "Pyaasaa" songs, Hemantda "Baabul" and "Aan" etc. Geet Kosh provides a complete listing I believe. While it is usually pleasant to hear these versions, the originals usually score.

Regards,
Shriram

Shriram ji ,

Thanks for enlightening. Come to think of it I have heard Manna Dey's version Zindgi Kwabh hey
originaly sung by Mukesh in Jagte Raho. again as you mentioned original was much better.

R a m e s h
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 27 2008, 09:32 PM
Post #11

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Thank you all for some illuminating reflections on "Chal Ud Jaa Re" song. This is definitely educational to me. I based my writing on the account attributed to Talat's son.

Cheers,
Swarapriya

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Aug 27 2008, 09:38 PM
+Quote Post
RajanCS
post Aug 28 2008, 06:13 PM
Post #12

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 53432

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Aug 26 2008, 12:34 AM) *

Bhabhi (1957)

Swarpriyaji,

Thanks a lot for the Bhabhi album upload as also for so much information about the movie and music. I must have been around 7- 8 years when this movie was released and we were not allowed to see movies!!! I remember these songs only due to popularity of these songs on Radio Ceylon, to which I was almost addicted.

Thank s alot - Rajan.
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 30 2008, 06:41 PM
Post #13

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(RajanCS @ Aug 28 2008, 05:43 AM) *

Swarpriyaji,

Thanks a lot for the Bhabhi album upload as also for so much information about the movie and music. I must have been around 7- 8 years when this movie was released and we were not allowed to see movies!!! I remember these songs only due to popularity of these songs on Radio Ceylon, to which I was almost addicted.

Thank s alot - Rajan.

Rajan ji,

Music has that power of bringinging back those fond memories that are stored away. It has similar effect on me that many of my childhood memories are associated with some unforgettable songs.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
+Quote Post
yogihit
post Apr 21 2011, 10:11 AM
Post #14

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 45555

Hello SP,
Can you please re- upload full album (including talat sahab song)

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Yogi

An open source Person
+Quote Post
r&d
post Apr 21 2011, 11:15 PM
Post #15

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1955

Chal Udja Re Panchi (Version Record) - Talat Mahmood - Bhabhi (1957) - Chitragupt - Rajinder Krishan - 3:12 - 128 kbps
Jawaan Ho Ya Budhiya - Mohammed Rafi - Bhabhi (1957) - Chitragupt - Rajinder Krishan - 3:35 - 128 kbps
Hai Bahut Dinon Ki Baat (Nautanki) - Manna Dey, Mohammed Rafi & S. Balbir - Bhabhi (1957) - Chitragupt - Rajinder Krishan - 5:26 - 128 kbps
Chal Ur Ja Reh Panchhi - Mohammed Rafi - Bhabhi (1957) - Chitragupt - Rajinder Krishan - 8:12 - 128 kbps
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 12:13 PM