Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Kishore Kumar

, The Music Director

Forum Rules Please read and thoroughly understand the forum rules and regulations:
9 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kishore Kumar, The Music Director
swarapriya
post May 13 2008, 08:44 PM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

Kishore Kumar, The Music Director

We all know what a great singer Kishore Kumar was. Even today, we are all enthralled by his great voice. But besides being a singer, Kishoreda was a great music director as well. He provided music for 10 movies or so. The filmography of these movies is given in the following table:

Kishoreda was a genius. He was a singer, song writer, music director, movie producer, and an actor. He acted in well over 80 movies. Over half of them made money. Over quarter of them were superhits. Like many great singers and musicians, he had natural flair for singing and music and was never trained. It was the instincts. Some are born with it. Kishoreda was one of them.

Some of the music mentioned in the above filmography is pretty hard to find. Those that are available, seems like every fan has them. Nevertheless, I am going to upload some of these albums I have through these columns.

Appropriateness to include these albums in this part of the section some may question. But I thought this is the right place to have them. Mainly because this section indeed is devoted to Kishore Kumar, not only the singer, but the perosn who had so many talents.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 13 2008, 09:11 PM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Jhumroo (1961)

"Jhumroo" was the first movie for which Kishoreda provided music. The movie starred his wife Madhubala. Kishoreji married her during the making of "Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi (1958)."

All of the lyrics were penned by Majrooh Sultanpuri. There are some beautiful songs in this album. Many of them were popular. People who love Kishoreda's yodelling will love these songs. In many of these songs, Kihoreda yodels. Most popular songs when the movie was released included "Koi Humdum", "Main Hoon Jhumroo", "Matwale Hum", and "Thandi Hawa." My personal favorite is "Koi Humdum Na Raha." This has to be one of his greatest songs. There is so much pathos behind the richness of those words beautifully expressed in Kishoreda's voice that it stays with you lingeringly fresh.

Now for the details of the songs and songs themselves ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 13 2008, 09:15 PM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Now for the last two songs from "Jhumroo (1961)" ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
HarshBhatt
post May 14 2008, 05:25 AM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 8788

No more words left to Thank you. Nice combination of albums in threads
+Quote Post
HumTum
post May 14 2008, 10:23 AM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 8009

QUOTE(HarshBhatt @ May 14 2008, 05:25 AM) *
No more words left to Thank you. Nice combination of albums in threads

My sentiments too. Thank you so much for your meticulous presentation. bow.gif God bless. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Jhumroo
post May 14 2008, 04:10 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 39692

Great... bow.gif bow.gif bow.gif
+Quote Post
azad
post May 14 2008, 04:20 PM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2731

Simply super, thank you so much.

Azad
Paana hai kahbi, kabhi kuchh paana hai, kabhi kuchh khona hai, yahan jo hona hai hoga wohi
Yehi zindagi hai, yahan jiyein wohi log jo, saare gham bhulake aansuon mein muskurate hain

+Quote Post
OMkar
post May 14 2008, 06:08 PM
Post #8

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 7772

Great uploads, Swarapriya!! I love allllll the songs but still if you ask me to pick the first one, I would surely go for 'Main hoon jhumroo'. This song expresses exact state of clean mind of a young man who is far away from the hatred and malice. wub.gif To express these feelings one has to have a clean heart and mind, which Kishoreda always had. May be that why people used to call him mad laugh.gif Just close your eyes and hear 'Aa chal ke tujhe main leke chalun' (I know its not from Jhumroo), you will feel how beautiful mind state he must have had while singing and expressing this song. ABSOLUTE OUT OF THIS WORLD!! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

IPB Image
Only THIS MOMENT is in my hand and I just want to live that Perfectly!!!
IPB Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 14 2008, 06:48 PM
Post #9

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Thank you very much to all of you for such nice compliments.

Swarapriya
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 14 2008, 07:53 PM
Post #10

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Door Gagan Ki Chhaon Mein (1964)

Here is a movie where Kishoreda shines like the morning star in the early skies. Gentle, poignant, and moving story telling. I don't believe Kishoreda was this serious any other time during his film career. It was such a well concieved, well planned, well crafted, and well executed movie.

Kishoreda himself bore most of the burden of the movie. Not only he acted in the movie, he wrote couple of songs, composed its music, produced and directed. His own son Amit has a major role in the movie. The Bengal beauty, Supriya Chowdhury, makes a a rare appearance here.

Kishoreda was so generous that both Manna Dey and Hemant Kumar also had a solo each. Songs of this movie are just sublime. All three solos by Kishoreji are full of dreams, pathos, and promise of a bright future.

This post has been edited by swarapriya: May 15 2008, 11:08 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
HumTum
post May 14 2008, 07:58 PM
Post #11

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 8009

I don't believe Kishoreda was this serious any other time during his film career. It was such a well concieved, well planned, well crafted, and well executed movie.

This was a side of him that was never explored.
+Quote Post
parag_sankla
post May 14 2008, 08:42 PM
Post #12

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6005

Another excellent thread with a great theme. Keep it up Swarapriya

Best Regards
Parag

Please visit www.geetadutt.com
+Quote Post
OMkar
post May 14 2008, 08:55 PM
Post #13

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 7772

QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 14 2008, 07:53 PM) *

Here is a movie where Kishoreda shines like the morning star in the early skies. Gentle, poignant, and moving story telling. I don't believe Kishoreda was this serious any other time during his film career. It was such a well concieved, well planned, well crafted, and well executed movie.

Kishoreda himself bore most of the burden of the movie. Not only he acted in the movie, he wrote couple of songs, composed its music, produced and directed. His own son Amit has a major role in he movie. The Bengal beauty, Supriya Chowdhury, makes a a rare appearance here.

Kishoreda was so generous that both Manna Dey and Hemant Kumar also had a solo each. Songs of this movie are just sublime. All three solos by Kishoreji are full of dreams, pathos, and promise of a bright future.

And there you go Swara!!!! I must have downloaded 'Aa Chal Ke Tujhe Main Leke Chalun' from sooooooo many sources to get the better and better sound version copy! I would check this one too. Swara, thanks lottie lott for this lovely-evergreen album bow.gif

p.s. Just a question: is that a picture of Vinyl cover?

This post has been edited by OMkar: May 14 2008, 08:57 PM

IPB Image
Only THIS MOMENT is in my hand and I just want to live that Perfectly!!!
IPB Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 15 2008, 08:01 AM
Post #14

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(OMkar @ May 14 2008, 08:25 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 14 2008, 07:53 PM) *

Kishoreda himself bore most of the burden of the movie. Not only he acted in the movie, he wrote couple of songs, composed its music, produced and directed. His own son Amit has a major role in he movie. The Bengal beauty, Supriya Chowdhury, makes a a rare appearance here.

And there you go Swara!!!! I must have downloaded 'Aa Chal Ke Tujhe Main Leke Chalun' from sooooooo many sources to get the better and better sound version copy! I would check this one too. Swara, thanks lottie lott for this lovely-evergreen album bow.gif

p.s. Just a question: is that a picture of Vinyl cover?

Yes, that is vinyl cover. But the songs were all from a CD. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 15 2008, 08:02 AM
Post #15

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Thank you all for the appreciative sentiments expressed.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
+Quote Post

9 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 11:07 AM