Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Yeh Gul(zar)istan Hamara

, Films of Gulzar

17 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Yeh Gul(zar)istan Hamara, Films of Gulzar
swarapriya
post May 10 2010, 08:30 PM
Post #61

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

Guddi (1971)

Jaya Bhaduri made her first adult acting debut with this movie. In 1963 she appeared as a child artiste in Satyajit Ray's story about Calcutta, "Mahanagar". She has to wait for another eight years to grow up before she got an opportunity to play a lead role in Hrishida's "Guddi". But its not Jaya who stole the show. It was the singing of a new playback singer named Vani Jairam that was the talk of the town.

Vani, a classical Carnatic singer by training, was giving a public performance when she was spotted by Vasant Desai, the music director for this film. He was about to compose music for "Guddi" and signed Vani immediately to sing all three songs for the movie. Vani became an overnight sensation and a celebrity with these songs, especially for that unforgettable "Bol Re Papeehara". I don't know if there exists a bird called papeehara. If indeed it does, I hope it sounds as sweet as Vani.

The song "Bol Re" was based on a Hindustani raga, Miyan Malahar, and Vani's classical training background immensely helped in delivering a classic. It is one of those songs that seem to stay with you forever. Love it.

Jairam was recognized for her great singing debut with several awards. She received The Lions International Best Promising Singer Award, The All India Cine Goers Association Award, The All India Film-Goers Association Award, and the Tansen Sammaan Award. In the years to come she won even more accolades; among them three times The Best Singer National Award.

Here are the three sweet and melodious songs from the pleasing voice of Vani ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 16 2010, 09:24 PM
Post #62

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Mere Apne (1971)

This was the great actress Meena Kumari's last picture. During the shooting of the movie she was seriously ill. Gulzar who wrote lyrics for all the songs of this film intended the song "Roz Akeli" to be picturized on Meenaji. But beacuse of Meena's poor health the shooting of the song has to be cancelled several times. Unfortunately Meenaji never recovered and died before the song could be picturized. Gulzarji, who also was the director of the movie, has to settle down on picturizing the song as a backgorund song.

Interestingly the tune for this song was originally created apparently by the great Burmanda for a Bengali song "Meghla Nishi". Manna also recorded the same song earlier. Salilda made a few orchestrizational changes and turned it into one of the memorable tunes sung beautifully by Lata.

Other songs from this album are also equally beautiful. Manna has a nice solo. There is a popular duet by Kishoreda and Mukesh. Also, Kishoreda has a beautiful solo in "Koi Hota". Great stuff from Salilda.

I am uploading all the songs from the original sound track album in the first post. The second post has some of the extended versions. Now for the first set of songs ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 16 2010, 09:30 PM
Post #63

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Mere Apne (1971)" ...

I am uploading below three extended version songs from this album. These all are by the courtesy of the Forum members. Thank you ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 22 2010, 01:28 AM
Post #64

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Raat Ki Uljhan (1971)

Most of the songs from this album are quite nice. There is a fine duet by Geetaji & Rafi Saab, "Gul Khile" and an equally fine duet by Krishna Kalle & Hemantda, "In Bhaaron". Two solos by Krishna and Sabita are also very appealing.

All these songs are by the courtesy of the Forum members. Thank you. Now for the songs ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
mmuk2004
post May 22 2010, 11:03 AM
Post #65

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 907

Thank you so much for all the songs. Gave managed to complete quite a few of my albums thanks to your incredibly organized and informative uploads. Had never heard the Ranu Mukherjee songs of Do Dooni Char before. I can quite imagine Tanuja singing it on screen with that slightly heavy voice. The Angoor album is more polished and fanciful, but this one is more down to earth... lyric wise I mean ofc... tongue1.gif

"This isn't right, this isn't even wrong."
Wolfgang Pauli (1900-1958)

"There are no facts, only interpretations."
Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900)

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 22 2010, 11:57 AM
Post #66

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(mmuk2004 @ May 21 2010, 10:33 PM) *

Thank you so much for all the songs. Gave managed to complete quite a few of my albums thanks to your incredibly organized and informative uploads. Had never heard the Ranu Mukherjee songs of Do Dooni Char before. I can quite imagine Tanuja singing it on screen with that slightly heavy voice. The Angoor album is more polished and fanciful, but this one is more down to earth... lyric wise I mean ofc... tongue1.gif

You're very very welcome indeed. Appreciate all the kind words. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 27 2010, 05:13 AM
Post #67

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Seema (1971)

Shankar & Jaikishan composed music for a film of the same name "Seema" in 1955. The songs from that album are still considered to be classics and indeed beautiful to listen to even today. Sxiteen years later, the music duo is back again, composng once again for another movie by the same name "Seema". That just goes to show the durability of this incomparable duo. In this album, only Rafi Saab returns from the old album, here for a couple of duets.

I understand that times have changed. World in general has changed. Situations have changed. The music tastes have changed. Yet, eventhough the songs from this album are passable, they don't even come close to anything from that old album. At least in this case, for me, definitely old is gold.

Now for details of the songs and the songs themselves ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 31 2010, 01:51 AM
Post #68

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Anokha Daan (1972)

Here is another winner from Salilda. There are several good songs in this album. All songs are by the courtesy of the Forum members. Here are these ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: May 31 2010, 11:38 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
sangeetbhakt
post May 31 2010, 10:00 AM
Post #69

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1288

SP,

The heroine in "Anokha daan" is Archana (not Archana Puran Singh, who would have been 9 or 10 when this film came out :-) ) The film starred Anil Dhawan, Zaheera, Kabir Bedi and Archana, among others.
Archana made her debut in "BuDDa mil gaya". Don't think she did too many films. Zaheera was in a few films including "Gamber" and then faded into oblivion.
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 31 2010, 11:39 AM
Post #70

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(sangeetbhakt @ May 30 2010, 09:30 PM) *

SP,

The heroine in "Anokha daan" is Archana (not Archana Puran Singh, who would have been 9 or 10 when this film came out :-) ) The film starred Anil Dhawan, Zaheera, Kabir Bedi and Archana, among others.
Archana made her debut in "BuDDa mil gaya". Don't think she did too many films. Zaheera was in a few films including "Gamber" and then faded into oblivion.

Thank you very mcuh SB. I made changes to my posting based on your suggestion. Cheers. -S

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 6 2010, 02:09 AM
Post #71

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Bawarchi (1972)

Here is another little "big" offering from Hrishida. Hrishida wrote the screenplay for this film from Tapan Sinha's story as well as directed it. Gulzarji wrote the witty dialogues that makes this movie a comedy that is a must watch.

Interestingly there were no title credits shown for the film but Amitabh gives them orally. (In the recent film "Paa (2009)", Jaya Bhaduri almost uses a similar technique to give the movie's credits.) Amitabh also provides the commentary in the background.

Rajesh, who was riding the height of popularity during these years of his super stardom, lives in the role of "Bawarchi" by making it at once as one of his endearingly unforgettable and sweet character roles he played.

The movie also boasts some beautiful music by Madan Mohanji. I have two favorite songs from this album. One of them is Lata's "More Naina Bahaayen Neer". The other one is by Manna Dey. Mannada who sang the song "Kaun Aaya Mere Mann Ke Dwaare" for Madan Saab in "Dekh Kabira Roya" in 1957, is here again delivering another classic song in "Tum Bin Jeevan Kaisa Jeevan". An unforgettable song only Mannada could sing ...

Now for the details of the songs and the songs themselves ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 9 2010, 01:33 AM
Post #72

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Bhool Na Jaana (1972)

It seems like there are only four songs in this movie but they all are gems. All songs are solos; three by Mukesh and one by Geetaji. Here are the details of these songs and the songs themselves ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Jun 9 2010, 05:56 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 9 2010, 05:59 AM
Post #73

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Parag (Sankla) informs me that the music director for "Bhool Na Jaana" should be Daan Singh instead of Dhani Ram. I made appropriate changes to the table per his suggestions. Thank you very much Parag,

Cheers,
S
+Quote Post
sangeetbhakt
post Jun 9 2010, 07:19 AM
Post #74

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1288

SP, the film is not from 1972 but from the 60s. The Geetkosh does not provide a specific year, maybe because the film was not released (though I am not sure of that).
The film has 3 more songs in addition to the ones that you listed:
Asha Bhonsle - Jhuka lo baDe baDe naina - Lyrics by Indivar
Manna Dey - Bahi hai jawaaN khoon ki aaj - Lyrics by Hariram Acharya
Suman Kalyanpur - Choohe dauDo billi aayi - Lyrics by Hariram Acharya

Unfortunately, I do not have any of these songs, just the ones that you already uploaded.
+Quote Post
akbaralibhai
post Jun 9 2010, 09:14 AM
Post #75

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3033

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jun 9 2010, 05:59 AM) *

Parag (Sankla) informs me that the music director for "Bhool Na Jaana" should be Daan Singh instead of Dhani Ram. I made appropriate changes to the table per his suggestions. Thank you very much Parag,

Cheers,
S

Thank you very much Swarapriya for Bhool Na Jaana songs, 3 wonderful solos of Mukesh.
+Quote Post

17 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 12:40 PM