Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Anda Naal Nyabagam

, Memorable Tamil Classics

8 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 8 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Anda Naal Nyabagam, Memorable Tamil Classics
visuja
post Oct 20 2005, 01:46 PM
Post #76

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2745

Thanks SB-ji ! smile.gif

Didnt know about the Basant Bahar snippet Sri-ji ! Thank God the producer agreed to retain Manna Dey's voice for the song ! smile.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Nimii
post Oct 20 2005, 01:52 PM
Post #77

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

mad.gif Why thank god da?? What is wrong in using some other voice ? confused.gif

N foottapping.gif
+Quote Post
visuja
post Oct 20 2005, 01:57 PM
Post #78

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Ayyo !! Nimii.. itna bhi sensitive mat ho yaar ! smile.gif I have no idea who was the other singer the producer had in mind .... just that the song so fixed in my mind in Manna Dey's voice that i cant imagine anyone else singing it. I have such fixed ideas for many of my favorite songs of all singers...... smile.gif shaayad meri hi galti hai sad1.gif
+Quote Post
Nimii
post Oct 20 2005, 03:22 PM
Post #79

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Ayyo me summa pulling ur leg! :rolf:

N biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
visuja
post Oct 26 2005, 04:32 PM
Post #80

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

May I request songs from the film Maragadham (1959) starring Sivaji, Padmini and Chandrababu (IIRC). Music is by Subbiah Naidu.

I only have the famous Kungkuma Poovae by Chandrababu sad.gif Couldnt find the rest at coolgoose ! MIO has all the songs, but I'll have to record it off the site as a last resort. But HFers have always been helpful biggrin.gif
Heres the song list:

Aadinal Natanam Aadinal
Singer : Radha Jayalakshmi
Lyrics : Balu R

Kannukkulle Unnai
Singer : Radha Jayalakshmi, Sounderarajan T M

Kaviri Paayum
Singer : Sounderarajan T M

Kungumappoove
Singer : Chandrababu J P, Jamunarani K

Maalai Mayangukindra Neram
Singer : Radha Jayalakshmi
Lyrics : Suddhananda Bharathi

Punnagai Thavazhum
Singer : Radha Jayalakshmi, Sounderarajan T M
Lyrics : Suddhananda Bharathi

Thanks ! smile.gif
+Quote Post
Nimii
post Oct 26 2005, 04:43 PM
Post #81

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Vivz.. I can record but the probs is none of my players are able to stream blink.gif headbang.gif

N sorry.gif
+Quote Post
visuja
post Oct 26 2005, 04:48 PM
Post #82

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

I can record from MIO re ! smile.gif In fact, thats what I am currently doing !

Or do u mean u cant record from an audio cassette or another source that u might have of this film ? unsure.gif

Ive always found MIO to have an excellent collection of songs, but not of great quality. Hence chanced my luck at coolgoose, and got Kungkuma Poovae .... Mere dad aise obscure films ki farmaaish karte hain to kya karoon ! sad.gif ... isliye to HF par poochh raha hoon smile.gif

+Quote Post
Nimii
post Oct 26 2005, 04:52 PM
Post #83

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Yes I cant record from MIO. Ripping or recording by playing back a cass/cd is not a probs!

The main probs is the streaming! Probably due to firewall and the non availability of the latest versions of real player and windows media player sad1.gif

Ya MIO has some real golden nos. cry.gif I checked CT too.. and like you found only kungkuma poove sad1.gif

N sad1.gif
+Quote Post
visuja
post Nov 18 2005, 08:00 AM
Post #84

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

P. Susheela amma's birthday article at MIO.

Melody Queen turns 71
By MIO Team
Nov 17, 2005, 08:05

Attached Image

It is said of this legendary singer that at any given point of time, someone, somewhere in the world, listens to her song and gets transported into a heavenly state. She is the undisputed Melody Queen for more than three decades. She is believed to have sung more than 40000 film songs, in various languages. She won the very First National Award for playback singing, when the award was constituted in 1969 and has subsequently won the National Award four more times. She has thousands of fans all around the globe, who continue to be mesmerized and enthralled by her golden voice. AR Rahman has said that he likes her voice very much.

You can be forgiven, if you have jumped to the conclusion, that this is another eulogy for Lata Mangeshkar. No guys, we are talking about the other Nightingale, P Susheela, who is regarded as the Lata of the South (though all fans of PS, including yours truly would actually like Lata to be referred to as Susheela of the North).

Susheela turns 71 on November 13th. It is a pity that Susheela has not got the recognition befitting her stature and achievements. She is a living legend. In fact, if MS symbolized the soul of Carnatic Music, PS symbolized the soul of South Indian Film Music.

PS started her career way back in 1952 and recorded her first Tamil song for the film "Pettra Thaai." Her first major hits were for the film "KaNavaNe Kann KanDA Dheivam" in 1955. After this, there was no looking back and she strode the Tamil and Telugu film music world, like a colossus for the next 25 years or so. She has also sung many songs in Kannada, Malayalam and Hindi films.

She has turned out thousands of melodies - solos as well as duets with various singers such as Ghantasala, A M Raja, P B Sreenivas, T M Soundarrajan, S P Balasubramanian and K J Yesudas. Listing out her best songs will be akin to counting the number of sand dunes on a beach - there are so many of them.

To the enchanting music of Viswanathan - Ramamurthy, Susheela has rendered hundreds of haunting melodies, which mark the golden era of Tamil Film Music. Some of the outstanding features of her songs were the clarity in pronunciation, the ability to bring out all kinds of emotions into the songs, the effortless ease with which she scaled the high frequencies and the sheer magical quality of her voice.

Noted Tamil lyricist, Vairamuthu, who is an ardent fan of PS, has stated that his last dying wish will be to lock himself in a room and listen to the haunting melody "Kaadhal SiRagai Kaattrinil Viriththu" from the film "Paalum Pazhamum." He also says that if he were a King, he would have gifted one sovereign of gold, for every song that PS has sung. Another great play-back singer and a contemporary of PS, S Janaki, says that every time she listens to a song of PS, she feels like kissing PS!

It is a shame that this music legend has not been conferred with even a Padma award so far. Even though the powers-that-be may not have bestowed the recognition she deserves, her fans have paid rich tributes to her, by starting a website in her honour (psusheela.org).

On behalf of her numerous fans, I wish the Melody Queen many many more happy returns of her birthday!

© Copyright 2005 by MusicIndiaOnLine.com
+Quote Post
Nimii
post Nov 18 2005, 08:44 AM
Post #85

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

clap1.gif clap2.gif awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww My favourite singer's burday smile1.gif love.gif kiss.gif

N rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
usha
post May 6 2006, 07:55 PM
Post #86

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
Member No.: 176

I had u\led some old tamil songs last year,meant to u\l a few more but somehow...anyway i am u\ling some lovely old songs which one can go on listening to any number of times....
+Quote Post
usha
post May 6 2006, 08:01 PM
Post #87

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Anbulla Maanvizhiye-T.M.Soundararajan,P.Susheela-Kuzhandhaiyum Deivam (1965)-MD M.S.Vishwanathan
+Quote Post
usha
post May 6 2006, 08:06 PM
Post #88

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Paadaatha patellam pada vandhal-P.B.Srinivas-Veera Thirumagan (1962)-MD Vishwanathan-Ramamoorthy
+Quote Post
usha
post May 6 2006, 08:14 PM
Post #89

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Paalirukkum Pazhamirukkum-P.Susheela,T.M.S (Humming)-Paava Mannippu (1961)-MD Vishwanathan Ramamoorthy

I have listened to a hindi song sung by Lata M and Hemant K with the same tune does anyone have any details abt this song ,film etc;????
+Quote Post
usha
post May 6 2006, 08:18 PM
Post #90

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Thuyilatha pen ondru kanden-A.M.Rajah,P.Susheela-Meenda Sorgam(1960)-MD T.Chalapathy Rao
+Quote Post

8 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:21 PM